DragonbellZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DragonbellZ

@zetsumoto said:

@dragonbellz: But... She doesn't swing, she thrusts.

That makes it even more painless. I Grab the sword from her outright or Kick her.

Grabbing a blade in itself isnt a good idea but its much better than my first suggestion Also even if i dont disarm her i still can use that time shes struggling with me to close the distance and take her to the ground. From there on i should win.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By SirNeko

What do you mean she has a needle? I don't really watch GoT.

I am not Bruce Lee and street fighting expert like most people on this website, but I can manage against a girl with a needle. The sword would be useless I have never used a sword before, give me a stick or a bat instead.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@zetsumoto said:

That makes it even more painless. I Grab the sword from her outright or Kick her.

Grabbing a blade in itself isnt a good idea but its much better than my first suggestion Also even if i dont disarm her i still can use that time shes struggling with me to close the distance and take her to the ground. From there on i should win.

Actually grabbing a sword is a GREAT idea, even if it is bladed. The problem is keeping the sword still so that you can actually grab it. Good luck catching her sword mid thrust...

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Zetsu-San

@sirneko: Needle is the name of her sword obviously... -_-

DragonbellZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By DragonbellZ

@zetsumoto said:
@dragonbellz said:
@zetsumoto said:

Actually grabbing a sword is a GREAT idea, even if it is bladed. The problem is keeping the sword still so that you can actually grab it. Good luck catching her sword mid thrust...

Shes not superhuman (right??) so it should be very easily. I wait until the apex of her thrust and then i close in. She will not be able to reset either or she stands a chance of falling off balance or completely failing to get a thrust with enough force to cause lethal effects.

From that point she either.

1. Runs away and tries to gain distance ( Im likely fast enough to out run her.)

2. Anticipates me closing in and prepares to brawl. (which considering my physical superiority im likely to win also.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@surfingthehighway: I do.

I think she is hot as hell but thats just my taste in women.

Hope she is of age because if not, I will feel guilty

Avatar image for deactivated-o78sdg008
deactivated-o78sdg008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arya gets blitzed to hell.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto said:
@dragonbellz said:
@zetsumoto said:

Shes not superhuman (right??) so it should be very easily. I wait until the apex of her thrust and then i close in. She will not be able to reset either or she stands a chance of falling off balance or completely failing to get a thrust with enough force to cause lethal effects.

1. Runs away and tries to gain distance ( Im likely fast enough to out run her.)

2. Anticipates me closing in and prepares to brawl. (which considering my physical superiority im likely to win also.)

Dude. She doesn't need to be superhuman. How slow do you think thrusts are? Do you think she's just going to randomly thrust without a target in mind? If it's at the "apex of her thrust" chances are the blade is going straight through your stomach.

If the tactic you are suggesting was half as easy as you seem to think it is the rapier would have been abandoned as a weapon.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By HighAccuser

I don't hit little girls so arya wins

DragonbellZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonbellz said:
@zetsumoto said:
@dragonbellz said:
@zetsumoto said:

Dude. She doesn't need to be superhuman. How slow do you think thrusts are? Do you think she's just going to randomly thrust without a target in mind? If it's at the "apex of her thrust" chances are the blade is going straight through your stomach.

You have no idea how blade combat works, Especially "fencing". So let me inform you. You always prod at your targets before you make a final full power thrust. Its about Keeping your energy and coordination up more than it is of "sniping someone with your first thrust" as you think. I will have plenty of chances to carry out my tactic as she to my knowledge is not on par with professional fencers or Masters of Melee weaponry based martial arts.

Blade Combat takes patience and endurance. Its not "call of duty with swords" where you go around oneshotting people with your first attack.

If the tactic you are suggesting was half as easy as you seem to think it is the rapier would have been abandoned as a weapon.

Incorrect, Fighters with maces and axes regularly overwhelmed users of light sharply tipped blades such as rapiers. Grabbing the blade or Breaking it outright with your weaponry was the go to tactic. Also Closing the distance to make their angle of attack incredibly awkward, Thus throwing them off balance and out of proper stance to use their blade properly. The Rapier has been abandoned as a weapon, light proper Swords where favored over them as they had no disadvantages when an opponent closing in due to them properly being able to be used as a slashing weapon against attackers trying to break your defense

As for the Rapiers role it was also replaced by the Small Sword and was similar but could be used with one hand rather easily for thrusting and when an attacker caim close you didnt have to worry about him snatching and fighting you for your weapon as you could simply Reset without full body motion.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not watching this garbage show, how am I supposed to know what Needle is? In what way is it obvious? Oh yeah all those popular Needle Swords, jackass.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shes a faceless men she beat me with superior speed low difficulty.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonbellz: Modern sport fencing is NOTHING like actual swordsmanship. No one 'prods'. You'll see feigns and stuff like that, but no trained swordsman is going to just wave the sword near you so that you can grab it. That would be stupid. You also don't need to do a full powered thrust. Even getting partially stabbed is BAD and no you aren't siezing the opportunity to bum-rush your opponent as there is still a blade between you and them. All you'd succeed in doing is running yourself through.

Loading Video...

Do you see any "prodding" in the above video? Do you see any of them give their opponent the chance to grab their weapon?

Grabbing the blade or Breaking it outright with your weaponry was the go to tactic

Grabbing the sword is a valid tactic, but NOT in the way you are talking about. It always involves parrying, binding, or otherwise immobilizing the sword long enough for you to safely grab the edge. No one just catches a thrust. That's like trying to catch a boxer's fist during their punch. It just doesn't happen that way.

As for breaking the sword with your weapon, that's complete bull lol. People don't hold the sword stiffly and in place so that you can "break" their weapon. When you strike the blade it gets knocked aside, and all the force is dispersed. If you tried to a full powered swing right on their sword, they would simply use the momentum to redirect the blade and turn it into a counter strike.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

In regards to the small-sword replacing the rapier (when I said rapier, I was talking about that line of weapon type in general. Not just rapiers only), that was only because armors became less common, and small-swords were lighter, faster, and easier to carry. The fact that they are faster makes your tactic even more implausible. Arya's weapon is short enough to be classified as a small-sword so you pointing out the difference hardly helps your case in any way.

DragonbellZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DragonbellZ

@zetsumoto: Except your entire argument is invalid because 1. "Actual Swordsmanship" is the basis for how fencing was created using Rapiers and small swords. Believe it or not, Tactics used in fencing where actually taken from swordsmen fighting in single combat. What you are confusing "Actual Swordsmanship" is with Military swordsmen who would never handle their weapons in simular fasion due to them being on a tactical battlefield rather than a duel to the death.

2. Lastly your entire argument is based off of her Being as skilled as masters of swordsmanship and fencing and also her being as physically capable in sword combat as a standard sized adult male. Limb length augmenting your reach and longer legs for traction make a big difference.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Zetsu-San

@dragonbellz said:

@zetsumoto: Except your entire argument is invalid because 1. "Actual Swordsmanship" is the basis for how fencing was created using Rapiers and small swords. Believe it or not, Tactics used in fencing where actually taken from swordsmen fighting in single combat. What you are confusing "Actual Swordsmanship" is with Military swordsmen who would never handle their weapons in simular fasion due to them being on a tactical battlefield rather than a duel to the death.

2. Lastly your entire argument is based off of her Being as skilled as masters of swordsmanship and fencing and also her being as physically capable in sword combat as a standard sized adult male. Limb length augmenting your reach and longer legs for traction make a big difference.

1. Except that modern fencing is extremely watered down and built around racking up points as opposed to killing your opponent without dying yourself. Not to mention the fact that sport fencers abuse the fact that they are using an ultra-light and flexible epee or foil instead of an actual sword. That's not even getting into all the rules and regulations. Again, modern sport fencing is nothing like historical fencing whatsoever... No, I'm talking about actual martial artists who specialize in dueling, not soldiers. I even linked you a video of HEMA practitioners dueling. -_-
  2. She doesn't need to be as skilled as a "master". She's had training, and she's had experience killing. Longer legs doesn't create traction, having a lower center of balance creates traction. The sword being shorter doesn't make it slower or easier to catch.

DragonbellZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DragonbellZ

@zetsumoto said:
@dragonbellz said:

1. Except that modern fencing is extremely watered down and built around racking up points as opposed to killing your opponent without dying yourself. Not to mention the fact that sport fencers abuse the fact that they are using an ultra-light and flexible foil instead of an actual sword. Again, modern sport fencing is nothing like historical fencing whatsoever... No, I'm talking about actual martial artists who specialize in dueling, not soldiers. I even linked you a video of HEMA practitioners dueling. -_-
  2. She doesn't need to be as skilled as a "master". She's had training, and she's had experience killing. Longer legs doesn't create traction, having a lower center of balance creates traction. The sword being shorter doesn't make it slower or easier to catch.
No Caption Provided

This is what happens when GOT fans try to act like they have handled weaponry in martial arts of any kind try to spit hot air in your face discarding any and all wisdom that do not fit in their head as acceptable. This Post right here nearly made me catch a disease

Im not going to just pull the bait card but, You are either a legitimate troll or you are just clueless and now playing the deny game while posting completely irrelevant post videos of people practicing their arts to make your point seem more professional and to be taken seriously. But in reality its just Pretentious insufferable nonsense and a waste of time. Literally dead end after dead end and then you just deny deny or try to make an irrelevant comparison.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonbellz: So basically you are ranting, because you don't have any points to make.

DragonbellZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By DragonbellZ

@zetsumoto said:

@dragonbellz: So basically you are ranting, because you don't have any points to make.

You just described yourself. Except you tend to add more bullshitting and irrelevant back peddling. Im Impressed that this site keeps your kind around for so long, Tragic really.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Zetsu-San

@dragonbellz: Haha, says the guy who thinks throwing up a facepalm meme, and ranting about how little the person knows instead of sticking the subject at hand actually, proves any sort of point. I haven't back-peddled on anything.

Kalveen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Kalveen

As for add to the debate,I must adress that problem is that thrusting has a very little stopping power with such thin blade which could easlly end up in a double hit,killing each other in the process.If she gets in a good thrust that can be lethal the opponent could still very likely kill her.The reason why rapier were so popular because it wasn't just nimble but very long and had a good mass too which gave the biggest advantage over many other swords,Arya on the otherhand using a smallswordish weapon,but looks even shorter than that,there is a good reason why none really likes smallswords and spadroons in hema in general..And since we talkin about a short girl against a grown man,she is kinda screwed by the reach advantage of someone who have a longer arm,and greater hight and better durability.

DragonbellZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By DragonbellZ

@zetsumoto said:

@dragonbellz: Haha, says the guy who thinks throwing up a facepalm meme, and ranting about how little the person knows instead of sticking the subject at hand actually, proves any sort of point. I haven't back-peddled on anything.

Ironic coming from a guy who literally lied out of his ass about Fencing being "NOTHING like actual swordsmanship" When fencing was entirely created and based off of it. Also you have literally Back-peddled on your talk about the rapier, You Brought it up and then completely discarded it when you learned of a thing called a short sword from me (dont lie, We both know you just did) Then you tried to jump ship and say "oh well dont matter anyway because her weapon is a short sword". You cant Hold a single point without looking bad. Not sure if its due to blatant baiting or just lack of knowledge and trying to back out of it and open up another topic. Either way. You are wasting my time and this is getting nowhere.

keep pulling the victim card and saying "Oh hes ranting, hes ranting !" but we both know Im just pointing out your ignorance on the topic.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Zetsu-San

@dragonbellz said:
@zetsumoto said:

Ironic coming from a guy who literally lied out of his ass about Fencing being "NOTHING like actual swordsmanship" When fencing was entirely created and based off of it. Also you have literally Back-peddled on your talk about the rapier, You Brought it up and then completely discarded it when you learned of a thing called a short sword from me (dont lie, We both know you just did) Then you tried to jump ship and say "oh well dont matter anyway because her weapon is a short sword". You cant Hold a single point without looking bad. Not sure if its due to blatant baiting or just lack of knowledge and trying to back out of it and open up another topic. Either way. You are wasting my time and this is getting nowhere.

keep pulling the victim card and saying "Oh hes ranting, hes ranting !" but we both know Im just pointing out your ignorance on the topic.

I didn't lie at all. I specifically said that modern sport fencing is nothing like actual swordsmanship, then proceeded to post a video of actual fencing/swordsmanship. I know what friggen small-sword is. When I said rapier I was referring to that line of sword as a whole, and the main point can be applied to both weapons. If it were as easy to catch thrusting swords as you say, then both rapiers and small-swords would have disappeared.

At no point did I jump ship and say "it don't matter anyway", I said that it hardly helped your case. The small-sword didn't replace rapiers, they existed alongside each other for quite a while. If you want to talk about "ignorance on the topic" why don't we revisit the part where you thought grabbing the sword during the thrust would actually work. Or how you thought breaking the sword with a heavier weapon was something actually done in combat.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 anthp2000  Moderator

She gets curbed

Kalveen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonbellz: I don't his problem with olympic fencing comes from a technical manner cause yes olympic fencing developed(or devolved.That is a matter of perspective)from real swordsmanship.The problem comes from its scoring system,that often resulst in double hit but there is no penalty for such thing.Bottom line technically it's swordsmanship but without the approach of "Don't get hit!"

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giving me a similar sword just makes my death even worse. Idk how to use that shiz. Everyone here dies.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko said:
@zetsumoto said:

Not watching this garbage show, how am I supposed to know what Needle is? In what way is it obvious? Oh yeah all those popular Needle Swords, jackass.

Why you so disgruntled fam? Mom didn't pack your lunch?

zensum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine believing you could defeat god Arya in a fight

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#78  Edited By jwwprod

Ends in sex.

EDIT: The actress who plays Arya is 19 years old. So it's not pedophile.

Avatar image for green_ballerina
Green_Ballerina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I win unless she turns the lights off.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#81 JediXMan  Moderator

@sirneko said:
@zetsumoto said:

Warning for insults. There's no reason to start name calling.

@sirneko said:
@zetsumoto said:

Why you so disgruntled fam? Mom didn't pack your lunch?

And there's no need for this kind of attitude, either.

Chaarrrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of you saying you beat her... lol...

Anyway Arya kills me bad. I'm obviously stronger in physical strength but she just outspeeds and outperforms me. Badly. Especially after this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-RxasUjdxw

Or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6l9oS16S1I

I would've probably broken my legs after jumping off a balcony lol Not like I'm too heavy but... come on.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#83 JediXMan  Moderator

I win in a normal, straight fight. Arya wins if the circumstances are the same as her fight with the Waif.

Like it or not, in a sword fight, reach matters... a lot. Arya is at a disadvantage in this regard. Arya has never killed anybody taller than her in a straight fight; she only did it by stabbing them in the back or when they caught off-guard.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#84  Edited By jumpstart55
  • I dont see me or most people on this site matching her interms of sheer intensity and pure animalistic savagery(Think about the world she lives in and who she is as a person)..She would rip out my heart out and gut my entrails like a pinata..She maybe a little girl but she has the will power of a complete savage and descent training in sword fighting..
  • So heres how the fight goes down:I get stuck like a pig and carved up like a thanksgiving feast.
jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#85  Edited By jumpstart55

@jwwprod said:

Ends in sex.

EDIT: The actress who plays Arya is 19 years old. So it's not pedophile.

Nice save..lmao..But its still kinda creepy becuase the character is actually supposed to be a lot younger..Nice try though.

:

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I talked this through with my friend who watches GoT and I have decided that I actually lose with the sword and might win without her having a sword.

I was given notice that she is a trained killer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Rant-

URGH GOD Not this cringe hema crap. Every example of them fighting is cringe. It's like watching larp.
Like in this video. Flip at the 3 minute mark they are already getting sluggish and dropping their guard. 3 minutes! Geez go to the gym guys. Anyone trained shouldn't drop their guard for at least half an hour of constant thrusting. Sloppy footwork. No power or speed in any of their attacks. None of their attacks start from the ground hence no power.

Loading Video...

If you are training at a national level. Flip even at a competitive level. You should be training to not get hit. You should be training with sabres as well as epees. You aren't going to leave yourself open and vulnerable. These guys are supposed to be historic but they have such big useless movements hence them getting tired so quickly.

I hate it that people are so quick to bash martial arts and yet give credit to these guys who have done 0 physical training and have 0 discipline.

Anyway back on topic.

I should win against her in open combat. Not being sexist but the distance between a women fighter and male fighter is slightly ridiculously uneven. When i was 16 I bet a commonwealth level fencer.

But if we suspense belief on that then I wouldn't try and approach her via swords. I'll just take my jerseys off and wrap my arms in clothe. Then try to disarm her and use my arms covered in wrapped up in clothing.

Flyinghigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cannot hurt this child as she is my fav character. I instead will offer to fight along her side.

Besides I am not trained I the art of the sword so therefor I have no chance. I would find a bow and arrows and see where the path takes us.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I win.

Mexicutioner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's a straight killer and she would murder near enough anyone on this site, sorry to all you Olympic level fencing, martial arts training, Navy SEAL badasses in this thread.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By SirNeko

@mexicutioner: "You vs x" threads are always golden apples on this website, all secret Bruce Lees reveal themselves. It's hilarious how strong nerds on this website think they are.

Kalveen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Kalveen

@soaringturkeys: Just because they don't do well with rapier it doesn't mean they are incompetent,it is obvious the they didn't trained and practiced with rapier as much as with saber,because they have a sabersparring video linked to this one and they very good at that,also people underastimate the rapier's weight,rapier is actualy a rather heavy weapon to weild on one hand only,of course they become sluggish if it's not their primary practice,while polish saber is for Richard Marsden(the skinny guy on the video)and he is very good at it.Also I find it ironic that you bring up epee fencing as a good counter example,since it filled with double hit examples,something that Hema actively go against.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalveen: I don't underestimate. Its not that heavy. You train with exceptionally heavy metal if you want to compete.

It's painstakingly clear none of these guys actually train.

Or work out even.

No. Being sluggish has nothing to do with them not being used to the weight. Being sluggish has everything to do with them not being fit.

Boxers do drills for hours and hours. so that you give them ridiculously weighted gloves to train with,they would go 10 rounds without dropping their stance.

Rugby players toss around medicine balls for training. Some sprinters wear extra weights all day for running.

same as anyone who wants to call themselves a martial artist in whatever discipline, be it with sabres or kendo there's absolutely no need to get puffed after 4 minutes just cause it's maybe a few KGS heavier than what you are used to.

A runner knows that if you are tired then you need to tighten up your technique. Make everything more efficient. You don't all of a sudden run sluggish.

People who want to play with swords get tired and puffed after 4 minutes. 4 minutes is all it took for both of them to lose any footwork and drop their guard

They are both disqualified as examples for sword fighting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mexicutioner: seeing as I've beaten a commonwealth level female fencer. Yes. I'm confident that i can beat arya maybe half the time.

I do agree that most people here are talking out of their asses, but its obvious that one or 2 people here might actually love sports and compete too.

The deciding factor is if we are allowed to suspend belief that women can physically compete with men like we are made to believe in got

The world record for women 100m sprints is maybe half a second faster than my old highschool record.

Kalveen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Kalveen

@soaringturkeys: The problem with your argument is there are plenty of footage where they sparring for a lenghty time without exhaustion with good technique.You picked up the one video that conveniently supports your argument.As for the weight of the rapier,I never said it is heavy but they are certainly bit more tiresome to usedue to his one handed nature.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wDjjLnKRcI

Avatar image for deactivated-57dee37b806a4
deactivated-57dee37b806a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TBH...Arya steps on my corpse.

Avatar image for mr_nofunallowed
Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I detonate the bomb on my chest.

Mexicutioner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soaringturkeys: Oh I didn't realise you killed a female fencer, that does make things different.

I'm sure there's lots of people that love sports but that has no effect on this scenario as this is a life or death fight with a trained assassin.

Again, this isn't athletics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalveen: The problem with your rebuttal is that it isn't a video i handpicked. It was the video provided to me. The burden of proof doesn't fall on me. Show me a video of unfit guys and yeah I'll say they are unfit.

You can't all of a sudden then say "OMG you are so wrong they have tonnes of videos showing that they can last more than 4 minutes, how convenient of you to blah."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mexicutioner: Well if being ranked means nothing to you and having beaten peak level females then ok.

Again, it's a little girl. Who's killing only involves sneak attacks and surprise. She's trained with Bo and with needle, but i've seen nothing to suggest that she's better than commonwealth fighters.