Yoda vs Witch King

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

I will not intervene in discussion for this thread, because I am as stumped as it is as to who would win.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

2 hours prep for both.

Battle ends in KO/death.

Battle takes place at the death gate.

BFR allowed.

No aid for any of these characters.

EU version Yoda.

Who wins?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Batman with prep solos

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

If Yoda still counts as a man, he can't slay the Witch King, but unless the Witch King's weapons can parry a lightsaber, I can't see him retaining any real offensive ability for very long.

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nightflash

Yoda stomps. The lightsaber would incinerate a sword, his speed outmatches the witch kings and his force powers are above magic.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

@Nightflash said:

Yoda stomps. The lightsaber would incinerate a sword, his speed outmatches the witch kings and his force powers are above magic.

Doctor Strange would disagree with such a blanket statement.

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nightflash

@Lord_Johnathan: Excuse me for not phrasing my thoughts correctly. Allow me to correct myself, Yodas force powers exceeds the magic of Middle Earth for the most part.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Like someone already said if Yoda counts as a man then he wont be able to kill him. That being said I dont think the Witch King can do much to someone as skilled and poweful as Yoda. So either its a stalemate or Yoda incapacitates him by dropping part of the Death Gate on him or something like that.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Laurcus

@Juiceboks said:

Like someone already said if Yoda counts as a man then he wont be able to kill him. That being said I dont think the Witch King can do much to someone as skilled and poweful as Yoda. So either its a stalemate or Yoda incapacitates him by dropping part of the Death Gate on him or something like that.

The prophecy that he won't be slain by a man is not a special immunity, it is just a prophecy stating his destiny. Besides, that entire scene is misinterpreted by Peter Jackson anyway. Just gonna repost what I wrote in two other threads last night.

"The Witch King was not killed by a mortal woman. Eowyn is a Man. Man is not a gender in LOTRs, it is a species. There are male Men and female Men. The movie heavily changes this scene because Peter Jackson misinterpreted it. The Witch King was not killed by Eowyn, he was killed by Merry.

In the Fellowship of the Ring when the Hobbits were saved from a Barrow Wight by Tom Bombadil, there was treasure in the Barrow that Tom handed out. Specifically, he gave each of the Hobbits a dagger. These daggers were not normal, they were blades of Westernesse. These blades were made during a time when Arnor was at war with Angmar. The Witch King is the King of Angmar. Because of this, all blades of Westernesse were given a special enchantment designed to kill the Witch King instantly should one ever cut him.

When Merry and Eowyn fought the Witch King, Merry was still armed with his blade of Westernesse, a relic from a past age that the Witch King was sure did not exist anymore. The way things actually played out in the books is that Eowyn had the attention of the Witch King, while Merry was on the ground in pain from his dread aura. When the Witch King walked past Merry though, Merry attacked him, and stabbed him in the foot. This killed the Witch King instantly. Eowyn didn't realize he was already dead, so as the Witch King fell she saw the gap in his defenses and stabbed him through the visor.

This is why, during a later scene in the weeks leading up to the Battle at the Black Gate, Eowyn is complaining to Aragorn that she has gotten no glory during this war. The prophecy that the Witch King would not be killed by a Man referred to the species, because he was destined to be killed by a Hobbit."

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

You havn't given your intake yet

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By ShootingNova

It depends whether you are going to consider the Witch-King as truly invincible to man. If it is, this is a stupendous mismatch.

If not, this is also a stupendous mismatch, because Yoda can kill the Witch-King before he could react, close-range or long-range.

So I'll flag this for being a massive mismatch either way.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By ShootingNova

Truth be told, I really do not believe the Witch-King is incapable of being slain by man, and man is not necessarily a gender. As pointed out, man could very well be (and seemingly is, in this scenario) a species. Yoda is not that species.

Avatar image for azathoth_the_dread_sleeper
Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

Batman with prep solos

This 'joke' stopped being funny a long time ago.

Avatar image for evil_superman666
EVIL_SUPERMAN666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EVIL_SUPERMAN666

Yoda wins.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NeonGameWave

Yoda wins due to speed, reflexes, agility and his force abilities.

ScotticusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the Witch King has going for him is his "no man can kill me" mandate, and the limits of that are debatable. Yoda utterly outclasses him in all other fields.

doomsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sorry, Star Wars Fans.

But, Witch King wins.