User Lists: 0

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By MrUnsmiley

Voldemort due to versatility. If Yoda gets too close, Tom can easily disarm him, and the Killing Curse can't be blocked. Not that Yoda would know that.

If all else fails, he can possess Yoda's body and force him to commit suicide.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: Why can't the Killing Curse be blocked? Isn't it blocked often by walls and statues and stuff? Why couldn't Yoda just dodge?

Talon_Deadeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda speed blitzes or breaks his wand with the force or rag dolls him. I can go on......

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell said:

@mrunsmiley: Why can't the Killing Curse be blocked? Isn't it blocked often by walls and statues and stuff? Why couldn't Yoda just dodge?

I meant that as in if Yoda was approaching to attack. The Killing Curse only affects living things, and as far as spells go, it can't be shielded against like other spells can.

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda stomps before Voldemort can even react.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

I'll say Voldemort because in fiction, the old wise master always loses to the ultimate villian

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@mrunsmiley: What is stopping Yoda from blitzing his head off?

Multiple spells that Voldemort has at his disposal, spells for disarming, petrifying, excruciating pain, binding, throat-slitting, TK, etc.

For one, movie Yoda isn't fast enough to blitz Voldemort at his leisure, especially not when Voldemort can apparate.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrUnsmiley

@leo-343 said:

@mrunsmiley: Yoda waves his hand and Tom's wand comes flying out of his hands. Then Yoda kills him.

You're seriously underestimating Voldemort if you think it's that easy. Even if Yoda managed to disarm him, Voldemort's easily capable of performing spells without his wand.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley Voldemort can only do mid level spell at best without a wand, as JKR says here.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:

@mrunsmiley Voldemort can only do mid level spell at best without a wand, as JKR says here.

"Really good spells" and "unfocused magic", maybe. Nothing about him being restricted to mid-level spells.

If that were the case, Voldemort wouldn't be able to use Fiendfyre without his wand, which is a spell powerful enough to destroy Horcruxes.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:

"Really good spells" and "unfocused magic", maybe. Nothing about him being restricted to mid-level spells.

If that were the case, Voldemort wouldn't be able to use Fiendfyre without his wand, which is a spell powerful enough to destroy Horcruxes.

Mid-level in the sense that they are not high level. Control and power are one and the same in HP verse, from what I've seen.

In the movies Fiendfyre didn't destroy any Horcruxes. And I doubt any of the Fiendfyre could actually catch Yoda.

Avatar image for super_sayian_beyonder
Super_Sayian_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

My response to that video....

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrUnsmiley

@alphaq said:
@mrunsmiley said:
@alphaq said:

Mid-level in the sense that they are not high level. Control and power are one and the same in HP verse, from what I've seen.

In the movies Fiendfyre didn't destroy any Horcruxes. And I doubt any of the Fiendfyre could actually catch Yoda.

Considering the spells Voldemort uses against Dumbledore, I'd say that that claim is unfounded. The majority of his more powerful spells are used without a wand.

Actually, the Fiendfyre does ultimately destroy the diadem, if you pay attention. Harry stabs it with a basilisk fang, and Ron kicks it into the Fiendfyre, which prompts that remnant of Voldemort's soul to come out of the fire. Regardless, suggesting that a difference in presentation is the entire reason you think a spell can't destroy a Horcrux when in the source material it clearly can is pretty ignorant.

You can't know that for certain. OP doesn't provide the location of the fight, and Fiendfyre is capable of moving like a sentient being, as well as setting fire to the surroundings. Unless they're fighting in a very, very open area, Yoda's not escaping easily, if at all.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ParagonNate

Yoda

PLAYA1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flagged for spite.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

yoldemort

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

voda

Avatar image for theredheadedyeti
TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda and very quickly to boot.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL that sidious laugh at 0:57

Sidious would win if the distance is enough for him to conjure a flaming snake or use the Avada kedavra

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Voldemort has a way of preventing Yoda from taking his wand if he was able to protect his Horcrux from getting stolen by Harry with Accio

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldermort = ragdoll.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda effortlessly.
Voldermort has nothing for Yoda's speed. Nothing for Yoda's TK and can't stop the lightsaber.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering the spells Voldemort uses against Dumbledore, I'd say that that claim is unfounded. The majority of his more powerful spells are used without a wand.

Actually, the Fiendfyre does ultimately destroy the diadem, if you pay attention. Harry stabs it with a basilisk fang, and Ron kicks it into the Fiendfyre, which prompts that remnant of Voldemort's soul to come out of the fire. Regardless, suggesting that a difference in presentation is the entire reason you think a spell can't destroy a Horcrux when in the source material it clearly can is pretty ignorant.

You can't know that for certain. OP doesn't provide the location of the fight, and Fiendfyre is capable of moving like a sentient being, as well as setting fire to the surroundings. Unless they're fighting in a very, very open area, Yoda's not escaping easily, if at all.

That's true in the movies, I was talking more about the books.

I don't think that's the case, although there is some ambiguity. It is entirely possible that the faces was simply the death throes, that harnessed the Fiendfyre, or that the Fiendfyre only was able to destroy a ravaged or dying Horcrux. It's not simply presentation in this case, there are huge differences between movie HP magic and book HP magic, so we can't take anything for granted. I interpreted it that they wanted to remove what people perceived as a plot hole of a very easily summoned spell being able to destroy the Horcrux, while still being close to the source material. We also have the fact that Harry could block Fiendfyre in the movies.

Fiendfyre was being outrun by teenagers in the movies, in a winding and confined area. Yoda would be gone from the area before the Fiendfyre makes it even a few paces, and Yoda could then use the force to disable Voldemort from a distance.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda stomps before Voldemort can even react.

Oznaug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq said:

That's true in the movies, I was talking more about the books.

I don't think that's the case, although there is some ambiguity. It is entirely possible that the faces was simply the death throes, that harnessed the Fiendfyre, or that the Fiendfyre only was able to destroy a ravaged or dying Horcrux. It's not simply presentation in this case, there are huge differences between movie HP magic and book HP magic, so we can't take anything for granted. I interpreted it that they wanted to remove what people perceived as a plot hole of a very easily summoned spell being able to destroy the Horcrux, while still being close to the source material. We also have the fact that Harry could block Fiendfyre in the movies.

Fiendfyre was being outrun by teenagers in the movies, in a winding and confined area. Yoda would be gone from the area before the Fiendfyre makes it even a few paces, and Yoda could then use the force to disable Voldemort from a distance.

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Obi_Wan__

@mrunsmiley: Tutaminis says the death spell can be blocked the speed blitz... Well bye bye tom :)

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: Tutaminis says the death spell can be blocked the speed blitz... Well bye bye tom :)

Yoda isn't absorbing a spell that moves as quickly as Avada Kedavra; Yoda also has no counter for any of Voldemort's spells. Speedblitz<<<<<a wave of a wand slitting Yoda's throat.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda wins due to speed.

ShadowSpider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda wins this due to his master of the force and his agility which will help when he is evading Voldemort's spells.