• 93 results
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

As a clone of Wolverine, X-23 possesses most of his mutant abilities at strength levels rivaling, or occasionally exceeding, his own. Notably, she possesses an accelerated healing factor that allows her to regenerate damaged tissue and has allowed her to regrow limbs in the past. This healing factor is believed to be superior to that of Wolverine's, due to the fact that, apart from her claws, the rest of her skeleton has not been coated in adamantium. She also possesses superhuman senses, which are sensitive to ranges much greater than those of baseline humans. Notable are her senses of vision, audition and olfaction. She is also superhumanly agile and has above average reflexes. X-23 has also received extensive training in armed and unarmed combat, and is an expert in a number of martial arts, as well as in the performance of black ops missions. She is an expert assassin, and has had espionage training.

No Caption Provided

Katara's most notable ability was her waterbending. She rapidly developed her skill at the art, and her fierce resolve to master the element helped her become one of the most powerful waterbending masters. At her full power, Katara can use water to cut through objects; summon lashing waves and whips of varying sizes; cover herself with a sheath of water; surf on a length of ice; run and stand on the surface of water; melt and control existing ice; form ice into various shapes; freeze water and objects surrounded by water with little effort; create walls of mist and steam; transform steam into ice; evaporate large amounts of water; or derive a weapon from any moisture including her own perspiration.

Battle

• Win by death, knockout or incapacitation
  • Both females have no morals for this match
  • No preparation, outside help or blood-bending

Environment - Lion's Arch

• X-23 Starts atop the arch and Katara near the river
  • There are no civilians around
  • Area is usable if need [hiding etc]
No Caption Provided

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Only way I see Katara winning this if she uses blood bending(X-23 does have blood, right?). She has used it only twice but both were effective.

Otherwise, Katara will loose her head.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I would have said Katara if no morals, but then I saw the location. The location is actually a good enough one for Kinney to use her stealth advantage. I don't think Laura should get into it that close to that big of a body of water with Katara without morals. Katara actually had decent reaction time herself. Not Kinney level IMO, but sufficient. But stealth and assassination is an X-23 special of hers.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should Katara lay eyes on Laura, incapacitation is almost inevitable .... I don't see Kinney breaking out of a water bubble or an ice cage *thinks back to Sozins Comet* .....

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days your dead wrong x-23 is a fierce female katara will get gutted like a fish

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days your dead wrong x-23 is a fierce female katara will get gutted like a fish

lol, cool story, Katara controls water, she could manipulate sweat, water in the air, with as much water is around her, if she sees X-23 she is going to put her in a bubble and leave it at that, you can't prove otherwise.....

vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days well Laura gets roflstomped for now but I'll be back after I've done some extensive research of katara aka haxed queen and what all is she capable of.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Katara does not have morals this time around, it opens up a whole new character. Elite Waterbenders in the series were shown to cut through stone and things of that sort with one simple slash of water, or even create barriers so both fighters were enclosed and couldn't escape. Although, Laura just needs ONE window of opportunity to make this her fight. Her regeneration also keeps her alive almost always, I'm just a little stuck when I think of how much her body can take from multiple blades of water, being frozen or even just completely coated in water to be drowned.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

X-23 wins. I think she's too quick for Katara to tag. The series has already shown that characters with exceptional skill, reflexes, and agility can overcome a bender's rigid style of fighting. Katara has to do certain stances and motions in order to get her moves done, I think X-23 could gut her before she manages to pull of a move. Also, her healing factor would play an extremely large part. It will catch Katara off guard.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vintage_spiderman said:

lol, cool story, Katara controls water, she could manipulate sweat, water in the air, with as much water is around her, if she sees X-23 she is going to put her in a bubble and leave it at that, you can't prove otherwise.....

Totally this. If Katara sees her then she wins by incapacitation

@ancient_0f_days well Laura gets roflstomped for now but I'll be back after I've done some extensive research of katara aka haxed queen and what all is she capable of.

If you have not watched "Avatar the last airbender" tv show, do yourself a favor and watch it. very good show

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion the deciding factor of this battle is distance. I will admitt that in close quarter combat X23 would murder katara in seconds however if katara can keep her at a distance she stands a very good chance at victory. Look at her fights with Tai lee or Mai she always keeps them from getting too close then either freezes or traps them. Plus if she is on the surface of the water X23 would have no openings without leaving herself vulnerable

Its 50/50

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Katara gets splayed open and her guts will be everywhere, if people like Ty Lee can give them problems x-23 will be overkill

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If katara can encase x-23 in a block of ice and leave her there, karata has this. If x-23 could break out of the ice prison, then i think she can take this

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

Katara gets splayed open and her guts will be everywhere, if people like Ty Lee can give them problems x-23 will be overkill

Katara beat insane Azula who was at her most powerful at the time...and didn't have nearly as much water as she has here....

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RBT

@Ancient_of_Days She did beat an insane Azula. But she's completely worn out from her fight with Zuko. Zuko almost had her when she fired that lightining on Katara.

Katara has not been known to have best reflexes. She couldn't hit Azula's friend(one from the circus.) before she shut down her chi or something. X-23 is quick. And a layer of ice is not gonna stop her. She has claws after all. Just popping them out will break the ice.

Katara's only hope is blood binding, which isn't allowed.

X-23 stomps!

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@Ancient_of_Days She did beat an insane Azula. But she's completely worn out from her fight with Zuko. Zuko almost had her when she fired that lightining on Katara.

Katara has not been known to have best reflexes. She couldn't hit Azula's friend(one from the circus.) before she shut down her chi or something. X-23 is quick. And a layer of ice is not gonna stop her. She has claws after all. Just popping them out will break the ice.

Katara's only hope is blood binding, which isn't allowed.

X-23 stomps!

I didn't say anything about ice, Katara traps X-23 in a water bubble and incapacitates her via drowning......nothing to break out of, its water....

What is up with you and being wrong.....

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RBT

@Ancient_of_Zero What's stopping X-23 from decapitating Katara before she even has a chance to do so?

Being trapped in a water bubble will be like being into a lake. Are you seriously suggesting that X-23 can't hold her breath for long? Wolverine, due to his healing abilities, was able to hold breath for a long time. X-23 has better healing factor than him. She can hold her breath for long enough to swin out of the bubble(water is limited after all) and kill Katara.

Sorry, I don't have any witty one liners.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@Ancient_of_Zero What's stopping X-23 from decapitating Katara before she even has a chance to do so?

Being trapped in a water bubble will be like being into a lake. Are you seriously suggesting that X-23 can't hold her breath for long? Wolverine, due to his healing abilities, was able to hold breath for a long time. X-23 has better healing factor than him. She can hold her breath for long enough to swin out of the bubble(water is limited after all) and kill Katara.

Sorry, I don't have any witty one liners.

So, instead of manipulating the water into a current that pushes towards the center or just extending the water bubble, Katara's going to let X-23 swim out? Cool story, if Katara sees Laura, she's getting a wave thrown at her and drowned in it

you aint got no witty one-liners? step yo game up..

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RBT

@Ancient_Of_Zero I loved how quickly a bubble changed into a wave. Actually I did not. I replied to your last post which said bubble, NOT wave. Anyways, that's what Katara did to Azula in their fight. She trapped her in a bubble and chained her. That's not going to happen here.

Again, what's stopping X-23 from killing Katara before any of this happens. See the battle location again. There are a lot of hiding places.X-23 is expert in stealth.

Nah! I prefer going by facts.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@Ancient_Of_Zero I loved how quickly a bubble changed into a wave. Actually I did not. I replied to your last post which said bubble, NOT wave. Anyways, that's what Katara did to Azula in their fight. She trapped her in a bubble and chained her. That's not going to happen here.

what's the difference in this case between a bubble and a wave......the wave is the form the water would take as it travels to engulf it's target, a bubble is formed when the flow is halted and contained in a sphere around said target.....the fact that I had to explain that to you and you couldn't connect the dots is astounding. And Katara could very well do the same thing to X-23 that she did to Azula, considering she'd be standing on top of a body of water .....

@rbt said:

Again, what's stopping X-23 from killing Katara before any of this happens. See the battle location again. There are a lot of hiding places.X-23 is expert in stealth.

IDK, maybe this?

Being an expert in stealth is such a help against a person that can manipulate a portion of the environment .... like I said, if Katara sees her, X-23 loses.....

@rbt said:

Nah! I prefer going by facts.

Obviously, since you've posted such an enormous amount of factual evidence so far right?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ancient_of_Days Ok. Here's the difference between wave and bubble. Wave is a flowing water body with good speed. Bubble is a stationary sphere of water.

Katara will have to be close to X-23 to tie her. You know what that would led to right?

How exactly will that help Katara against X-23's stealth? Azula's friend ran at her from a very good distance, dodging all her attacks and proceeded to touch her pressure points to render her useless. And that happened when Katara could see her all the time.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pierpat

Morals off?!Katara for the win.

Loading Video...

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@Ancient_of_Days Ok. Here's the difference between wave and bubble. Wave is a flowing water body with good speed. Bubble is a stationary sphere of water.

Amazing, *claps* bravo, you basically said the same thing I said....good job

@rbt said:

Katara will have to be close to X-23 to tie her. You know what that would led to right?

No she doesn't, considering there's a lot more water around them then there was during sozins comet...Katara could catch X-23 and put her at whatever distance she wanted....even if she got in close, the claws would already be popped and both of them frozen.....only katara can move through ice.....but yeah, I know what it would lead to, bet you didn't....

@rbt said:

How exactly will that help Katara against X-23's stealth? Azula's friend ran at her from a very good distance, dodging all her attacks and proceeded to touch her pressure points to render her useless. And that happened when Katara could see her all the time.

Katara was on a construction site with a bottle of water that she was limited to using as a whip.......if you are trying to make a point, you missed it.....look at the terrain in this fight....mostly water... what Ty Lee did had nothing to do with stealth and more to do with agility, body reading, and speed, so whatever you were getting at was completely lost by your bad choice of words.....

cool story though....

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ancient_Of_Zero Ty Lee was able to dodge each attack of Katara because of her agility. X-23 is far more agile than Ty Lee.

Laura won't charge at Katara. The location screams for stealth. What I was trying to say is that Katara's reaction time lacks. She didn't try to jump out of the way when Ty Lee charged her. What will happen when Laura appears just beside Katara?

Claws already being out is not a problem here. They are controlled by thought. She can pop it in and out again.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@Ancient_Of_Zero Ty Lee was able to dodge each attack of Katara because of her agility. X-23 is far more agile than Ty Lee.

Ty Lee was able to dodge a thin water whip from a bottle....here Katara has a river under her feet.....i'd like to see Laura dodge that...

@rbt said:

What will happen when Laura appears just beside Katara?

Well, considering.......

if Laura decides to drop next to Katara, right into a water tendril, she's screwed....but hey, nice suggestion, really helps your argument....lol

@rbt said:

Claws already being out is not a problem here. They are controlled by thought. She can pop it in and out again.

While in ice? Probably not, but even if she could, the ice wouldn't break since based on the terrain she'd be under a load of ice, it isn't breaking with a casual "snkt".....also, Katara could turn that ice into a water bubble.... or she can do what she did to Azula during the siege of Ba Sing Se and wrap water around her wrists and ankles....incapacitation....

But hey...at least you tried....

vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt wait hold on much reaction time do you suppose laura has over katara anyway I mean she isn't just going to stand their and be gutted to death

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing is the only time ty lee got the drop on katara it was through surprise. After which she never was able to chi block her again until when she was disguised as a kyoshi warrior and once again used surprised. Azula herslef is plenty agile and fast enough to evade the avatar toph and sokka for a decent period of time. If you look at some of katara's battles such as her against zuko in the northpole you would see that they were actually fighting in pretty close quarters and she was bending water in the grass like a blade to keep him away. even in the crystal catacombs azula attempted close combat with katara and katara almost sliced her head off with a water sycthe like move. So while yes laura is extremely fast and agile katara isn't exactly a walk in the park and since she would be standing on top of the water there would only be so many places laura could attack her from. and from katara makes eye contact it becomes a question of whether laura can evade her long enough to beat her

6/10 katara

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ancient_Of_Zero Did you not read the part where I mentioned that Laura won't charge on Katara?

So that's how Katara is going to remain all while she can't see Laura? A well aimed anything will do the job then.

Maybe not one 'snkt', but maybe 5.

Wrap water or ice? Laura can lift 800 lbs. Breaking free of a ice cuff won't be a big problem.

@vintage_spiderman Not much. Maybe half or 1 second. Enough for Laura to do a swipe.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara has the advantage here

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@Ancient_Of_Zero Did you not read the part where I mentioned that Laura won't charge on Katara?

So that's how Katara is going to remain all while she can't see Laura? A well aimed anything will do the job then.

Maybe not one 'snkt', but maybe 5.

Wrap water or ice? Laura can lift 800 lbs. Breaking free of a ice cuff won't be a big problem.

Ok, Katara surrounds herself in water, whether Laura charges or not, once she gets within range of Katara, shes stuck...

well aimed? Like Laura has something to shoot at Katara, once she tries to get the drop on her and lands on a water tendril, she's done....

5 snkts......really? you must enjoy being wrong, or do you just try for lulz.....

lets see 800 lbs of strength break this......

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RBT

@Ancient_Of_Days By surround herself with water, do you mean completely surround herself in bubble or like the way in the picture?

This is a dock. Surely there'll be many things Laura can lift and throw.

800 lbs with admandium claws. Yeah, I think se can break this. Seeing that Logan with almost same force was able to cut Hulk.

Edit: Btw, you again changed your arguement. I was talking about 800 lbs force being able to break an 'ice-cuff'. Stick to what you say. Its only making you look childish.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Phylos

@rbt said:

@Ancient_Of_Days By surround herself with water, do you mean completely surround herself in bubble or like the way in the picture?

800 lbs with admandium claws. Yeah, I think se can break this. Seeing that Logan with almost same force was able to cut Hulk.

Edit: Btw, you again changed your arguement. I was talking about 800 lbs force being able to break an 'ice-cuff'. Stick to what you say. Its only making you look childish.

If I may interject here, while Laura may be able to lift heavy objects and hurl them at Katara, she is not without countering incoming parts. When the North was under siege, benders on the wall would group together to swallow incoming fireballs that were launched from the Fire Nation ships via water. Mind you, those were just regular waterbenders. Katara is a master, she could most likely do the work of 4/5 men when bending. So I would think that throwing objects wouldn't stop her in any way.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Phylos Of course Katar can freeze, swat etc the things Laura will hurl at her. But that would give Laura enough time to land the final strike.

Its been a while since I saw this series. Can Katara multipurpose? I mean, can she perform two waterbending tasks simultaneously?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do the characters know of each other's abilities beforehand?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nerx

@nerx said:

Katara beat insane Azula who was at her most powerful at the time...and didn't have nearly as much water as she has here....

Aided by Zuko who was there during the final fight

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Katara has done both, surrounding herself with water as well as the octopus water formation.....

@rbt said:

ok, like that's going to help.....

@rbt said:

Zuko was trapped at the top with his wrists in the air...... weather you think Laura could break out or not (She obviously could not but I'll let your imagination roam a bit) she'd be trapped in there with her wrists in the air.... her little toe claws aren't going to be enough either

@rbt said:

LOL, says the guy whos been made a fool of for the past few hours by me..... lol wow, I said nothing of "ice-cuffs", you made that up....what katara did at ba sing se was completely wrap WATER around Azula's wrists and ankles....I said nothing of ice....so your whole PS was BS lol nice fail bro....cool story

Mythologico4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

@nerx said:

Aided by Zuko who was there during the final fight

Actually Zuko was fightning Azula alone, Katara only started to fight once Zuko was already defeated

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Nerx

@mythologico4: Azula who was mentally stable and worn out after the fight with Zuko, zuko who pushed her out of harms way from the slow lightning bolt

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Phylos

@rbt said:

@Phylos Of course Katar can freeze, swat etc the things Laura will hurl at her. But that would give Laura enough time to land the final strike.

Its been a while since I saw this series. Can Katara multipurpose? I mean, can she perform two waterbending tasks simultaneously?

She's done it a few times. One example is when she was fighting the Onagi with Aang, she was surfing on the water and still performing other abilities like freezing and creating huge waves to crash against the beast. Other examples is when she's used multiple water whips in the fight Azula or using that final flash freeze on her. Not only was she immobile but still managed to release herself. I believe that showed her level of skill when being tested for other abilities while preoccupied.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Actually Zuko was fightning Azula alone, Katara only started to fight once Zuko was already defeated

Thank you...

@nerx said:

@mythologico4: Azula who was mentally stable and worn out after the fight with Zuko, zuko who pushed her out of harms way from the slow lightning bolt

how does the speed of a lightning bolt show if someone is tired or not? What proof do you have that Azula was even tired at all after fighting Zuko ....

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ancient_Of_Days Can Katara breathe in water? The bubble won't be effective... for long.

Maybe the objects won't hit her. But those will be a good distraction.

Why won't her ADMANDIUM claws won't work? Oh yeah. Because you said so. Good one.

I've been made fun of for last hour?Well,if thinking that makes you feel better about yourself. Go ahead.

I did ask if you were talking about water or ice cuff. I took a guess.If someone had to choose between water or ice to cuff somebody,I doubt they will choose water.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: 2:43 onwards, unless you want to make a claim that zuko is a lightining timer (kinda like how blaster bolts in star wars movie do not travel at light speed)

Loading Video...

he did cat and mouse the whole time

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm a HUGE X-23 fan, always have been. And even I know she loses to Katara.

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Katara has a whole river at her disposal, all she needs to do is freeze, drown or slice Laura up, pretty simple.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@rbt said:

Why won't her ADMANDIUM claws won't work? Oh yeah. Because you said so. Good one.

or because this could also happen.....

how will her adamantium even touch the ice lol

@rbt said:

I've been made fun of for last hour?Well,if thinking that makes you feel better about yourself. Go ahead.

Hey man, I haven't been making fun of you, you've been actin a fool, I just make note of it lol

@rbt said:

I did ask if you were talking about water or ice cuff. I took a guess.If someone had to choose between water or ice to cuff somebody,I doubt they will choose water.

whether or not "someone" would choose water, katara used water to incapacitate Azula and could easily do the same to Laura ....

@nerx said:

@ancient_0f_days: 2:43 onwards, unless you want to make a claim that zuko is a lightining timer (kinda like how blaster bolts in star wars movie do not travel at light speed)

he did cat and mouse the whole time

Considering the fact that Zuko reacted to Ozai's lightning after it was shot, yeah, I'd say he is a lightning timer....artificial lightning....but anyway nothing you showed answered my question, I'll ask again....

@ancient_0f_days said:

how does the speed of a lightning bolt show if someone is tired or not? What proof do you have that Azula was even tired at all after fighting Zuko ....

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: mentally, her focus was off and it ended with her in a total breakdown. Compare with how she dealt with aang in the past in her calm and calculating persona.

Mythologico4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

Yes, Azula was mentally instable, but Katara fought her under the Sozin Comet.. Azula's bending was 100x stronger because of that comet, even so, Katara managed to defeat Azula, even blocking a bolt of lightning powered by the Sozin Comet...

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ancient_Of_Days How will her admandium even touch the ice? Seriously? Her toes are INSIDE the ice. How else do you think?

Is that how you act everytime you argue? I seriously hope no, becasue I've seen you at other threads as well.

And that's what I asked, what did she choose? Which you didn't answer. First rule of debating, answer the question.