User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By MzombieX
@mcool135 said:

Strength: Wonder Woman

Speed: Wonder Woman

Durability: Wonder Woman

Intellect: Wonder Woman

Fighting ability: Wonder Woman

Weaponry: Wonder Women Axe, Lasso of Truth, Star Sapphire Ring, Wonder Woman's Tiara, Black Lantern Ring

Alright, everyone's entitled to their opinion on those categories ... but I have to question you choice of weapons there.  
Now hold on a second, are we suddenly including every single weapon they've ever touched or looked in the general direction of?  
So I assume Thor gets Mjolnir and Megingjord, the shield and gauntlets gifted by Odin, the Infinity Gem and the Bloodaxe, the Odin Sword and Twilight and Eir-Gram, etc. ? :D
mcool135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#352  Edited By mcool135

@MzombieX said:

@mcool135 said:

Weaponry: Wonder Women Axe, Lasso of Truth, Star Sapphire Ring, Wonder Woman's Tiara, Black Lantern Ring

Alright, everyone's entitled to their opinion on those categories ... but I have to question you choice of weapons there. Now hold on a second, are we suddenly including every single weapon they've ever touched or looked in the general direction of? So I assume Thor gets Mjolnir and Megingjord, the shield and gauntlets gifted by Odin, the Infinity Gem and the Bloodaxe, the Odin Sword and Twilight and Eir-Gram, etc. ? :D

Sandals of Hermes,Gauntlets of Atlas and the Ceremonial golden armor. I wasn't naming all of her old weapons that she no longer possesses because to my knowledge the only weapon she no longer possesses is the Star Sapphire Ring I believe she still contain the other weapons.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By Malevolent1

A few of Thor's strength feats are somewhat esoteric in nature and not so easily perceived. By comparison, Hulk's feats are very clearly demonstrated. Among Thor's greatest feats are the lifting of the World Serpent (which is 1/3 the weight of earth and also, mystically, holds world's oceans in place). Then there is the pushing of the world engine to reverse Yddgrasil which, in turn, is mystically attached to the nine realms. How to put a calculated number on those feats? I don't know that you can, but the point, obviously, was to indicate the exertion of untold amounts of brute physical strength.

A word on Thor's berserker rage, which increases his strength ten fold. Thor was evidently in the throes of a berserker rage when fighting Hulk at one point, but that strength is never clearly demonstrated as Thor is knocked away in the last moments. Thor has specifically referenced it's power, but honestly, while it does exist as one of his abilities, it has never been clearly demonstrated in the comics the amount of damage he could do with it. It stands to reason, his strength would be outrageously ridiculous.

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By MzombieX
@mcool135 said:

@MzombieX said:

@mcool135 said:

Alright, everyone's entitled to their opinion on those categories ... but I have to question you choice of weapons there. Now hold on a second, are we suddenly including every single weapon they've ever touched or looked in the general direction of? So I assume Thor gets Mjolnir and Megingjord, the shield and gauntlets gifted by Odin, the Infinity Gem and the Bloodaxe, the Odin Sword and Twilight and Eir-Gram, etc. ? :D

Sandals of Hermes,Gauntlets of Atlas and the Ceremonial golden armor. I wasn't naming all of her old weapons that she no longer possesses because to my knowledge the only weapon she no longer possesses is the Star Sapphire Ring I believe she still contain the other weapons.

Well I guess that was kind of my point. I wouldn't call Wonder Woman being in possession of something like the Star Sapphire ring a part of her weaponry, any more than Thor having possession of the Infinity Gem during a story arc. 
Unless it's something that belongs to them and they can pull out of their arsenal at the drop of the hat, or something they routinely use, I guess I just don't see that as their weapon set. That's the only thing she doesn't regularly use? Are you saying she pulls a black lantern ring out of her pocket whenever she wants and it's part of her standard equipment? I could be wrong on this, but didn't that thing only make a few appearances in her story?

mcool135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By mcool135

@MzombieX said:

@mcool135 said:

@MzombieX said:

@mcool135 said:

Well I guess that was kind of my point. I wouldn't call Wonder Woman being in possession of something like the Star Sapphire ring a part of her weaponry, any more than Thor having possession of the Infinity Gem during a story arc.
Unless it's something that belongs to them and they can pull out of their arsenal at the drop of the hat, or something they routinely use, I guess I just don't see that as their weapon set. That's the only thing she doesn't regularly use? Are you saying she pulls a black lantern ring out of her pocket whenever she wants and it's part of her standard equipment? I could be wrong on this, but didn't that thing only make a few appearances in her story?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't she still have the black lantern ring? If you still contain it that make's it one of your weapons.

leopryor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strength: I actually think it's a tie, to be honest. Before looking up her respect thread on reddit.com, I highly underestimated Diana's strength. I will not make that mistake again.

Speed: In terms of combat speed, Wonder Woman has the edge, as it matters the most in a fight. She even mentioned before that she has faster combat speed than even Superman. This is due to her precise muscle memory.

Durability: Slight edge to Thor. Both have escaped black holes, survived multiple energy-based attacks, tanked mental-based attacks, and have taken tremendous beatings from superhuman foes. But here's the thing. Wonder Woman's skin isn't as thick and tough as Thor's is. She can still be pierced by bullets and bladed-weapons. Thor, on the other hand, is bulletproof: https://i.imgur.com/sg2DkdB.jpg. Yep.

Intellect: Slight edge to Wonder Woman. Thor is not by any means an idiot. He really is smart, and he actually is a great battle tactician, even aiding folks like Captain America in devising plans of attack. But the thing is, he's arrogant has a bit of a superiority complex going on. Diana, however, is not hindered by this mentality. This is what gives her a slight advantage.

Fighting Ability: Wonder Woman again. I'll stand by the fact that Thor is an expert H2H combatant and is not just some hammer-swinging beefcake, but Diana has shown more H2H feats on a consistent basis, and they're still better than what we've seen from Thor. Even when depowered, she's still shown slightly more skill. Thor isn't a terrible fighter at all, but Wonder Woman still has the edge here.

Weaponry: I still unfortunately have to say Wonder Woman once again. Yes, Thor is very skilled with his signature hammer, Mjolnir, but that's mostly the only weapon he solely uses in his fights. Diana has been seen fighting with swords and other weapons more so than what we've seen from Thor. She's also shown more skill with other weaponry as well.