Who's The Strongest Character Dante Can Beat?

• 57 results
violencejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i'm curious where the dmc verse lies on the power scale. dante seems OP as hell at times, who's the strongest he can beat?

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36
deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He might take a majority over his insane fanboys if he gets some prep time.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Zetsu-San

@violencejack: Physically he's a high end mid-tier, his hax puts him around Thor level. Most heralds would F him up though. With Sparda's power he could probably go further, but since we only had it for 1 boss fight it's not all that fleshed out.

The way I see it, Dante is kind of like if Loki decided he wanted to fight like a warrior (which he's fully capable of btw) instead of a mage. I could see him replicating the Disir fight, but not much higher than that.

Tacitc00L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generally the strongest person he can beat is bayonetta as the best answer. Shes just SO FREAKING CLOSE TO HIM in power levels,stats,skills etc but dante will pull the majority.

So yea. Still going with bayonetta. She is right up there with dante's limits id say.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

East Blue Luffy.

SnakeEyes4597

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vergil.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Gets killed by Solid Snake

Nufious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@full123 said:

East Blue Luffy.

Dante is way out of luffy's league

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nufious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nufious
106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 106me

@snakeeyes4597: Vergil was stomped by Mundus, someone Dante could easily beat at the peak of his power.

DMC2 Dante>>Mundus>>Vergil=DMC 3 Dante

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You just know someone is gonna come in here and say Bayonetta and the thread will go down the drain once more.

Or one of his fanboys will say he is transcendent again.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice: Why would someone have to be a fanboy to say that?

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cpt_nice

@106me said:

@cpt_nice: Why would someone have to be a fanboy to say that?

Because that person would be so full of shit his or her eyes their eyes were brown.

Avatar image for deactivated-57c3cf21b495e
deactivated-57c3cf21b495e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice said:

You just know someone is gonna come in here and say Bayonetta and the thread will go down the drain once more.

You were a little late on that.

@tacitc00l said:

Generally the strongest person he can beat is bayonetta as the best answer. Shes just SO FREAKING CLOSE TO HIM in power levels,stats,skills etc but dante will pull the majority.

So yea. Still going with bayonetta. She is right up there with dante's limits id say.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By 106me

@cpt_nice: Uh huh. So you're arguing that Dante isn't transcendent and your basing this off of you're biased, baseless opinion. Good to know.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Consistently? Vergil.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 106me

@geistalt: Vergil's not a threat. Read my post (#11) above.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df
deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caped_baldy: the same creator who said bayonetta can beat dante :●

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fat_hobo389 said:

@caped_baldy: the same creator who said bayonetta can beat dante :●

Nah, he said ''she wins because Bayo is a woman and they always win'' or something like that. It was more along the lines of a joke i think. Besides, he never said that he was talking about Sparda-amped Dante, the one who curbed Mundus. And we saw Mundus doing that shit on the game, so there's that

maxxcveiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supe

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: Transcedent tier has guys like Thanos. It is not up to me to prove he isn't on that level, it is up to you to prove he IS. Good luck.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vertigo-

lol at transcendent Dante

OT: dunno

ConnorDorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Savage Hulk , The Thing or might be Venom.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caped_baldy: pocket dimension at best. And kamiya isn't the authority over dmc capcom is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice: you're saying that but @106me:

believes dante is a hell lord level powerhouse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fat_hobo389 said:

@caped_baldy: pocket dimension at best. And kamiya isn't the authority over dmc capcom is.

Ah, no. Kamiya explained that Mundus didn't made dimension, but a universe. It happened, literally, in the game. It's exactly what happens in comics when a writer gives clarification over a certain feat. There's nothing to argue there. Whether you like it or not, that's an entirely different matter.

Funny how now you are disregarding Kamiya's words but you wanted to use his ''claim'' about Bayonetta earlier. Big double-standards there, huh?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caped_baldy: do think my statement about bayonetta beating dante serious? It was a joke so was my previous comment where I said it was pocket dimension. Both of them was to piss dante fans off which kinda worked. I know what kamiya said about dante vs bayonetta. He wasn't being serious at all when he said that. And if kamiya says mundus is universe creator then he is.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fat_hobo389: Universe creation is not a combat feat anyway. Rick Sanchez made a pocket universe but he would die to some street levelers in straight up combat.

Dante's feats barely put him above most herald levels. Transcendent level is asinine.

TOATOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carnage

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@violencejack: Physically he's a high end mid-tier, his hax puts him around Thor level. Most heralds would F him up though. With Sparda's power he could probably go further, but since we only had it for 1 boss fight it's not all that fleshed out.

The way I see it, Dante is kind of like if Loki decided he wanted to fight like a warrior (which he's fully capable of btw) instead of a mage. I could see him replicating the Disir fight, but not much higher than that.

Good breakdown, but you're missing one fact. Abigail was stated to be the only demon who could rival Mundus himself in power. Back in DMC1, Dante couldn't beat Mundus in the human world, but by the time the anime rolls around Dante has apparently grown strong enough to annihilate his equal with very little difficulty. In the anime he was also laughing at the abilities of Sparda's two pupils, giving further indication that Dante has vastly outgrown the Sparda power he required back in the first game. By the end of the chronological timeline when fighting Despair Embodied, another Mundus-level demon-lord type character, Dante has grown so absurdly powerful that he kills the immortal with just his guns, with seemingly no effort at all, moving faster than the creature can even perceive.

Long story short, you stated that Dante would be higher with the Sparda power he briefly acquired towards the end of the first game, but all the evidence points towards Dante having already outgrown that power. So Dante should probably be a lot higher than Thor and Loki.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice said:

@fat_hobo389: Universe creation is not a combat feat anyway. Rick Sanchez made a pocket universe but he would die to some street levelers in straight up combat.

Dante's feats barely put him above most herald levels. Transcendent level is asinine.

Did Rick Sanchez make a pocket universe with powers or with technology?

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cpt_nice
Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cpt_nice

@zetsumotoUniverse creation still isn't a combat feat, so irrelevant in a fight.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Meh, it's been a while since I played the games or watched the anime. I'm sure Dante is an extremely powerful character, but it sounds like he has Saitama syndrome where at this point we have no way to define exactly where he is on the scale.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zetsu-San

@cpt_nice said:

@zetsumotoUniverse creation still isn't a combat feat, so irrelevant in a fight.

lol okay, I guess I can kill TOAA with a gun then.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cpt_nice

@zetsumoto: You are just making a fool out of yourself. He has different implied powers such as omnipotence to imply he can tank a gun shot. Mundus has combat feats but none that put him at universal level destruction, he does not have universal level durability nor is he mtfl. But by all means, act dumb. I find it amusing.

Dante is low to mid herald level. Not transcendent. Thanos would rip him in half.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:
@zetsumoto said:

Good breakdown, but you're missing one fact. Abigail was stated to be the only demon who could rival Mundus himself in power. Back in DMC1, Dante couldn't beat Mundus in the human world, but by the time the anime rolls around Dante has apparently grown strong enough to annihilate his equal with very little difficulty. In the anime he was also laughing at the abilities of Sparda's two pupils, giving further indication that Dante has vastly outgrown the Sparda power he required back in the first game. By the end of the chronological timeline when fighting Despair Embodied, another Mundus-level demon-lord type character, Dante has grown so absurdly powerful that he kills the immortal with just his guns, with seemingly no effort at all, moving faster than the creature can even perceive.

Long story short, you stated that Dante would be higher with the Sparda power he briefly acquired towards the end of the first game, but all the evidence points towards Dante having already outgrown that power. So Dante should probably be a lot higher than Thor and Loki.

Also, Dante took down The Despair Embodiment/Argosax during DMC 2 using his own power, and that demon was stated to be more powerful than Mundus himself in the game files IIRC.

Avatar image for deactivated-57cc010f9e749
deactivated-57cc010f9e749

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

world breaker hulk

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice: I strongly disagree. I've always found that transcendent level characters include Silver Surfer, Darkseid, Ghost Rider, Martian Manhunter, Wally West, etc. Basically, characters that can nearly stomp Heralds around Superman's level.

Thanos would at least be a low end skyfather by these standards.

So no, obviously Dante isn't on Thanos' level. No one here is saying that.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Noone1996

Based on no-limits fallacies and baseless assumptions, Galactus.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cpt_nice

@106me:

Your milleage may vary. But if memory serves me Transcendent tier was basically called into existence because the gap between Herald and Skyfather was huge. There are a bunch of characters who would give heralds (Surfer is literally a Herald, so no reason why he wouldn't fit into that tier, albeit at the top) a beat down but lose to Skyfathers. And Thanos fits that bill pretty perfectly. He has a history of making guys like Surfer and Thor look like jokes, but he got stomped by Odin, a sky father. So yeah.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anything this discussion is off topic but it does remind me how we need a new tier thread. I would do it myself but I do not consider myself qualified enough.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By echostarlord117

TOAA, obviously.

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on feats probably Bayonetta, Comicvine Dante could solo the Marvel universe though.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Zetsu-San

@cpt_nice said:

@zetsumoto: You are just making a fool out of yourself. He has different implied powers such as omnipotence to imply he can tank a gun shot. Mundus has combat feats but none that put him at universal level destruction, he does not have universal level durability nor is he mtfl. But by all means, act dumb. I find it amusing.

Dante is low to mid herald level. Not transcendent. Thanos would rip him in half.

Dude, he is MUCH faster than light, the stars were zipping by as they fought. You have no idea what his durability is, because you have no idea how much damage Dante was actually doing. You can't always judge power by collateral damage. You don't need to planet busting attack to penetrate something with planet busting durability, because not all attacks are meant to cause huge explosions. What does Mundus being able to bust a universe have to do with anything?

Once you start dealing with abstract beings capable of creating full universes with their powers, physical stats start to become rather arbitrary and meaningless. If this were some character who's only ability was generating universes via some sort of hax, I'd be inclined to agree with you. But he's not. He created the universe with his raw magical power.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: Here's the thing; I used to think of Dante based on his own feats as a midtier, hypersonic swordsman. I used to pit him against Raiden and One Piece characters and that was about as high as it could go. But then a certain other user came along (and we all know who he is lol) and instead shifted the focus to Dante's enemies. He brought up the fact that Mundus created an entire universe just for him and Dante to do battle in. He also brought up several lightspeed feats for Dante, and showed me how powerful his weapons really are, they can cut through basically anything. Nowadays I think he's a rival to Wonder Woman and can probably put the hurt on Supes himself.