• 186 results
Blackjuggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Blackjuggy

ODin has had more appearances in comics So has been shown to do more amazing things. But is does that make him stronger.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Darkchild

umm no i believe if Zeus had his way and an abilite to show everything he had he would kick some but

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Valkaad

Darkchild says:

"umm no i believe if Zeus had his way and an abilite to show everything he had he would kick some but"

Physcially stronger I would say Zeus hands down.

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the only time see odin is when he was fighting thanos, but zeus is stronger.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crazy spidey

ZEUS, hes greek

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Valkaad

aztek_the_lost says:

"crazy spidey says:
"ZEUS, hes greek"
what's that supposed to mean the Norse were far stronger than the Greeks"

Hercules is physically stronger than Thor and Zeus is stronger than Odin.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crazy spidey

aztek_the_lost says:

"crazy spidey says:
"ZEUS, hes greek"

bight me, or better yet go watch 300

Morphid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Morphid

Zeus would pwn Odin(although Odin is a really cool FF charachter)hands down.

Knowsbleed33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Knowsbleed33

I think Odin is the more powerful of the 2. He's had more better showings in the MU atleast.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lordraiden

Zeus is well under odin! thor himself stalemated zues for a time! odin is a reality manipulator! Zeus is not in odins league! Odin 100% Odin>zeus, thor>Zeus,Herc and ares!

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hadrelius

Same character, different culture. King of the gods. They are on the same level. Its just that Odin has more face time in comics so he does more.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By kuchiku

Alpha says:

"Same character, different culture. King of the gods. They are on the same level. Its just that Odin has more face time in comics so he does more. "

not really both gods actually exist in the marvel universe

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kuchiku

crazy spidey says:

"aztek_the_lost says:
"crazy spidey says:
"ZEUS, hes greek"
bight me, or better yet go watch 300"

yeah and they all died at the end

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kuchiku

mmmm interesting

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hadrelius

kuchiku says:

"Alpha says:
"Same character, different culture. King of the gods. They are on the same level. Its just that Odin has more face time in comics so he does more. "
not really both gods actually exist in the marvel universe "

I know, but they are the kings of their patheon. I never read it stated that one powewr was greater than the other. In the few books that I have read with they seem to consider each as equals.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hadrelius

kuchiku says:

"mmmm interesting "

I gonna look more into this. I know I have some Thor's where Odin talks about Zeus.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Andferne

I would give this to Odin. Zeus might be physically stronger, but Odins powers are stronger and thats what he would use.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kuchiku

what about the gods of heliopolis and olympus,

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hadrelius

Andferne says:

"I would give this to Odin. Zeus might be physically stronger, but Odins powers are stronger and thats what he would use."

I was only going by power. But you bring up a good point. The Greek gods seem to be stronger than the viking gods (except for Thor). Ares and others strength are at 60 tons where guys like Balder and Heimdal are weaker. Unless I'm wrong.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hadrelius

kuchiku says:

"what about the gods of heliopolis and olympus,"

Who are the gods of heliopolis.

Olympus is Zeus. (Greek)

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Andferne

Methos says:

"in mythology Zeus is probably stronger... but in the Marvel Universe i'd probably say Odin is the more powerful from what i've seen. M"

That I can agree with comlpetely. In real mythology Zeus is seen to be more powerful. The whole olympion pantheon is compared to Norse myths. But a lot of that could be due to the lack of knowledge in Norse legends.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By Methos

in mythology Zeus is probably stronger... but in the Marvel Universe i'd probably say Odin is the more powerful from what i've seen.

M

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lordraiden

"The Greek gods SEEM to be stronger than the Norse gods? do you have anything to back this up other than SEEMS to be! I personally think that people just know and have heard more of the greek gods as opposed to the norse gods, outside of the comics! You'll be surprised at what you learne when you read bout history and mythology! and the gods of heliopolis and olympus are the greek gods! where do you think Zeus comes from? he rules from olympus!
Post Edited:2008-01-06 04:16:57

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hadrelius

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
"Andferne says:
"I would give this to Odin. Zeus might be physically stronger, but Odins powers are stronger and thats what he would use."
I was only going by power. But you bring up a good point. The Greek gods seem to be stronger than the viking gods (except for Thor). Ares and others strength are at 60 tons where guys like Balder and Heimdal are weaker. Unless I'm wrong. "
"The Greek gods SEEM to be stronger than the Norse gods? do you have anything to back this up other than SEEMS to be! I personally think that people just know and have heard more of the greek gods as opposed to the norse gods, outside of the comics! You'll be surprised at what you learne when you read bout history and mythology! and the gods of heliopolis and olympus are the greek gods! where do you think Zeus comes from? he rules from olympus!"

I'm a ancient history teacher and I was going by the strength of the characters I listed. Do yo know of any Norse gods other than Thor and Odin that strength is greater than Ares in comics? I'm just curious. Only can go on what i've read personally.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kuchiku

greeks are phisicqaly stronger but the norse gods are better like i dunno how to explaine it but in a fight im sure the norse gods woulkd win

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Andferne

I know a pretty good amount of Norse Myth and Legends, evne have abook with thier most notable legneds (was written in the 80s some time).

The reason I said SEEM is because of that reason you stated. People know more about Greek mythos than Norse so thats why it seems to be stronger or more powerful. Popularity can effect a lot of things.

I've always enjoyed norse myths and thats the main reaons why Thor IS my favorite. I like all the marvel god characters and think there is still so much MORE they could do there if they just got a writer who knew his myths.

To your average(non comic) reader/person when asked the will tell you Greek is better or more powerful than the norse mythos. I would be willing to beat that 4-6 out of 10 people at a campus wouldnt even know what Norse mythology is let alone name 10 of its gods.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lordraiden

Alpha says:

"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
"Andferne says:
I was only going by power. But you bring up a good point. The Greek gods seem to be stronger than the viking gods (except for Thor). Ares and others strength are at 60 tons where guys like Balder and Heimdal are weaker. Unless I'm wrong. "
"The Greek gods SEEM to be stronger than the Norse gods? do you have anything to back this up other than SEEMS to be! I personally think that people just know and have heard more of the greek gods as opposed to the norse gods, outside of the comics! You'll be surprised at what you learne when you read bout history and mythology! and the gods of heliopolis and olympus are the greek gods! where do you think Zeus comes from? he rules from olympus!"
I'm a ancient history teacher and I was going by the strength of the characters I listed. Do yo know of any Norse gods other than Thor and Odin that strength is greater than Ares in comics? I'm just curious. Only can go on what i've read personally. "

Awsome! I'm an avid ancient history/mythology enthusiest! outside of odin and thor, not sure, will have to check up on the others! but i'm sure odin and thor alone can hold there own!

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kuchiku

Alpha says:

"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
"Andferne says:
I'm a ancient history teacher and I was going by the strength of the characters I listed. Do yo know of any Norse gods other than Thor and Odin that strength is greater than Ares in comics? I'm just curious. Only can go on what i've read personally. "

odins hella stronge cause hes king and thors stronge cause hes the chosen one.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Andferne

Keep in mind to that Ares is not your typical greek god either in the comics. He tends to be stronger than more of the other greeks to. So to cmopare him to the other norse gods of marvels not really fare.

In Marvel Greek I would put him in 3rd physical strength wise.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hadrelius

Andferne says:

"Keep in mind to that Ares is not your typical greek god either in the comics. He tends to be stronger than more of the other greeks to. So to cmopare him to the other norse gods of marvels not really fare. In Marvel Greek I would put him in 3rd physical strength wise."

I didn't know. Thank U!

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kuchiku

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
"Andferne says:
Awsome! I'm an avid ancient history/mythology enthusiest! outside of odin and thor, not sure, will have to check up on the others! but i'm sure odin and thor alone can hold there own! "

wow your both hgubygbjkhgbioligists how amazing.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kuchiku

my fav norse gods is all the girls and i love enchantress in the dc universe

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hadrelius

kuchiku says:

"my fav norse gods is all the girls and i love enchantress in the dc universe"

She's in the DCU? Need to check her out. How does she compare to Marvel.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lordraiden

kuchiku says:

"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
"Andferne says:
Awsome! I'm an avid ancient history/mythology enthusiest! outside of odin and thor, not sure, will have to check up on the others! but i'm sure odin and thor alone can hold there own! "
wow your both hgubygbjkhgbioligists how amazing."

I know, aint it cool!

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Andferne

Yeah thats news to me as well. Thought she was solely in marvel.

She's not even a real norse godess either right? I dont remember her in is pantheon. I always thought she was someone marvle made up. She also hasnt reached god status, but is more like ademi-god.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hadrelius

Andferne says:

"Yeah thats news to me as well. Thought she was solely in marvel. She's not even a real norse godess either right? I dont remember her in is pantheon. I always thought she was someone marvle made up. She also hasnt reached god status, but is more like ademi-god."

You maybe right. I never saw her listed in the patheon of norse gods as well.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kuchiku

Alpha says:

"kuchiku says:
"my fav norse gods is all the girls and i love enchantress in the dc universe"
She's in the DCU? Need to check her out. How does she compare to Marvel. "
shes alot cooler and ithink has way more power than enchantres from marvelheres her link
Post" />http://www.comicvine.com/enchantress/31464/
kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kuchiku

Andferne says:

"Yeah thats news to me as well. Thought she was solely in marvel. She's not even a real norse godess either right? I dont remember her in is pantheon. I always thought she was someone marvle made up. She also hasnt reached god status, but is more like ademi-god."

yeah me two id have to look that up cause in the marvel encyclopedia it has a pic of all the norse gods and shes in it so wierd huh.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Andferne

Just read up on DC's Enchantress, I still like marvels version more. I think she is under rated in the marvel universe, but thats a whole other ball of wax lol.

I went through my Norse book, it just has the main pantheon and she is not in it. So unless she is stated somewhere else I am not sure.

This is how i view Marvel and its Asgardians. They have gods liveing there, asgardians(which i call demi-gods), trolls, giants, and other mythic creatures. The actual characters from the Norse mythology are consiered gods (odin, loki, thor, sif, etc) while the other charcters introduced are demi-gods (enchantress, hogun, fandril, volstagg).

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kuchiku

kuchiku says:

"Andferne says:
yeah me two id have to look that up cause in the marvel encyclopedia it has a pic of all the norse gods and shes in it so wierd huh."
kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kuchiku

kuchiku says:

"Andferne says:
yeah me two id have to look that up cause in the marvel encyclopedia it has a pic of all the norse gods and shes in it so wierd huh."
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hadrelius

Andferne says:

"Just read up on DC's Enchantress, I still like marvels version more. I think she is under rated in the marvel universe, but thats a whole other ball of wax lol. I went through my Norse book, it just has the main pantheon and she is not in it. So unless she is stated somewhere else I am not sure. This is how i view Marvel and its Asgardians. They have gods liveing there, asgardians(which i call demi-gods), trolls, giants, and other mythic creatures. The actual characters from the Norse mythology are consiered gods (odin, loki, thor, sif, etc) while the other charcters introduced are demi-gods (enchantress, hogun, fandril, volstagg)."

Thank U 4 the info.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Andferne

I've also heard rumors that there was a comic out that exsplained the Asgardians to be a alien race and not actual gods. But all I have heard is people remark to it, never with proof of a scan or a comic title and number.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kuchiku

Andferne says:

"Just read up on DC's Enchantress, I still like marvels version more. I think she is under rated in the marvel universe, but thats a whole other ball of wax lol. I went through my Norse book, it just has the main pantheon and she is not in it. So unless she is stated somewhere else I am not sure. This is how i view Marvel and its Asgardians. They have gods liveing there, asgardians(which i call demi-gods), trolls, giants, and other mythic creatures. The actual characters from the Norse mythology are consiered gods (odin, loki, thor, sif, etc) while the other charcters introduced are demi-gods (enchantress, hogun, fandril, volstagg)."

thanks for the info!!

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Methos

Andferne says:

"Asgardians to be a alien race and not actual gods"

STARGATE!!!

===========

M

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Andferne

Ok that didn't help any.

Stargate? like the tv show?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Methos

Andferne says:

"Ok that didn't help any.Stargate? like the tv show?"

yeah...

currently licensed by Avatar Press, i'm working on the pages at the moment lol

but one of the main alien races they come accross is the Asgard, who have been visiting earth, and other planets, for thousands of years, using their advanced technology to appear to the humans as Gods :D

the main guy that Stargate uses is Thor

find more about them here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asgard_%28Stargate%29

M

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kuchiku

Andferne says: