Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Magethor

Omega Effect vs Explosive Stare

The Explosive Stare down looks cooler, but Thanos' doesn't spam it like Darksied does the Omega Effect.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By kcaz
@whydama said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@whydama said:

Charisma- Darkseid. Thanos never gets loyal followers. He has a maximum of two or three friends in the entire MU.

I wouldn't call Darksied's followers his means of charisma... He pretty much forces his pawns to be loyal to him or else they die. lol

Thanos has more charisma, but he doesn't want followers. That's one of the big differences between the two. Darksied likes to conquer those that he belittles. Thanos likes to do things by himself to prove himself of some cause.

It is one form of charisma. Darkseid is a great dictator, and like all great dictators, his followers follow him willingly and zealously.

Thanos, on the other hand, has managed to piss of everyone in the MU. From Mephisto to Galactus to the Avengers to Odin.

more like rule with fear, his followers follow him or its an omega beam to the face for them.
Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Magethor

@greenteaforme said:

Not to mention that Thanos looks like a harlot drag queen with big fake yellow eyelashes.

You made me click back to page one and I LOL'ed.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Killemall

@TheInfamousGod said:

One more Question: will thanos come back or is he completely dead now?

Thanos is the main villian in the ongoing Avengers series, Avengers Assemble and made his first appearance in Avengers Assemble 3, we however dont know if this even happens before or after AvX.

Also wanted to post this, current thanos from Avengers Assemble 06.

No Caption Provided
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By Killemall

@YuriRepedeRitaCarol said:

You mean besides the fact that Thanos admittd that he only beat her because she was in her mortal form? Even if you wanted to argue that Kosmos wasn't weakened (which she was) she was still clearly insane at the time and not in control of her powers either. Getting one shotted by Kosmos is a bad showing, even if she was as powerful as Beyonder and Molcule Man, she had no feats. AT ALL. And Thanos beat her because he prevented the Beyonders persona from coming out by shutting down her mind.

And i asked you something completely different, what proof do you have that says he was less powerful in her mortal form? She wasnt weak she was vulnerable. Yeah if you do not understand who the character is of course you will think its a bad feat. The feat of Beyonder and molecule man couldnt because, at that time, she was the combination of Beyonder and Molecule Man, at least read her wikihttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosmos_(Marvel_Comics). Also Kosmos isnt a new character she has plentry of feats from reality warping, to making people gods, you wanna know more feats about cosmic cube being ask Owie. Beating Kosmos is a good feat because he beat someone in Galactus level, yes mindrape her, but that was one more nod to his telepathic abilities. She was in the mortal form , because in her orginal cosmic cube form Thanos has little to nothing to even hurt her.

I mean how bias can you get, the issue was written by a person who made him god twice, retcon all his feats that he though was bad, you really think Jim Starlin of all people would make him job?? but well you are bias and will try and show every feat as bad.

Don't apologize for something that may or may not be true. There are people more biased than either of us, I'm surprised you haven't called out Freefa on this who apparently thinks Superman hitting Darkseid once means he beats him. I guess by that logic Thor must have several wins over Thanos.

I have never felt Feefa was bias, but thats out of topic. And Thor has fought Thanos only twice which hasnt been retconned, both time he had the avengers or some help, and was beaten soundly.

You have Apokalips now and ONLY Apokalips now. Besides the obvious power amp that Supes got in Supes/Bats 13, he got bailed out twice by Supergirl and Wonder Woman. You have Final Crisis 03 where Superman lost. It doesn't matter if he was supposedly getting the better of him, I took a look at that Thanos thread you made and in one of his fights with the Avengers, Thing and Thor were kicking his ass until he eye lazered them eliminating Thing, Thor got in 3 or 4 hits where Thanos got in one. So by that logic I guess Thor must of beaten him also.

Yeah, he was killed by Orion, the same reason Thanos was killed by Drax. Plot.

You have Hunter/Prey whose sole purpose was to make Doomsday look like an unstoppable machine that couldn't be beaten by sending him to the end of time. If Thanos was in that comic he would of been steamrolled also, not because he's weaker but because that entire stories purpose was to be a Doomsday wank fest. The writer even admitted this.

And you missed my point entirely. What i am pointing out is Darkseid isnt shown a lot more powerful than Superman off late. The moment they reached near the sun he lost, meaning the power level is not huge.

And about Thing and Thor, yes, but you are missing the fact that in Marvel Two In One he just fought and beat Avengers , then one shot thing, and was overwhelmed by Avengers for a short period again because Kronos (an a$$ of a cosmic being) revived them. If you had to fight avengers twice in the series you someone get few hits in.

The thing about Superman vs Darkseid was Superman was easily getting the better of Darkseid and Darkseid turning jimmy into Kyrptonite stand to reason he knew he couldnt have beaten him on a slugfest.

Do i think Superman = Darkseid, no i did expressely state before Darkseid is potrayed as stronger, but if you look at his Fourth World Omnibus Days, which i have only read part 1 of 5, he is going around one shotting Mr. Miracle, and other new gods. Current Darkseid is portrayed a lot weaker.

Yeah a similar example of Hunter/ Prey would be Adam Magus, or Lord Mar Vell, both of whom were beating everyone they faced easily including Thor, Silver Surfer, Drax and neither actually beat Thanos when they fought (because it was written by Jim Starlin).

Sure, if you think that Thanos getting knocked out by a blast that took out a chunk of a prison is a fair guage of his power, than more to you. Anyway you look at it, Kosmos is practically featless, her power is hearsay, she was mentally unstable at the time which is the only reason she lost, because she couldn't control her powers or stop the Beyonder from coming out.

And you dont gauge a blast based on the side effect. Superman has been taken out by Omega Beam, who doesnt even destroy the building immediately next to him, Darkseid was taken out by a blast from Spectre which did absolutely no damage to the surrounding. Again , either you totally dont understand who Kosmos is and what power level Beyonders are suppose to be, then thats one thing. Using that to show it was a low showing for Thanos is incorrect.

thanos can be one shotted, he isnt god, he's just a guy who bit more powerful than Superman level beings.

Agreed, Kosmos can bust universes and warp reality, especially in her mortal form, that must explain why Oracle was able to shut her mind down, why the Shi'ar were able to use tech to supress her power, and why when she escaped she needed a prison riot. Totally makes sense.

and yes it totally make sense if you stop being bias, try to use that to low ball thanos, and read that actually happened. She used her mortal form, where he was vulnerable not weak, not powerless. She lost her memories and that is why he was contained in the Kylin to being win. Even Gladiator and Starloard in Thanos 09 clearly state should she realise her weakness and turn to her orginal form there is nothing that can contain her.

This is again stated by Thanos, after he beats her, that so much power in her the only way she could have been stopped was if he trapped her in her own mortal form and mindraped her. Again, either you do not know anything about Kosmos or you are blatantly being bias to lowball Thanos.

Physically Darkseid is not much above these characters, we've already seen him one shot 2 out of the 3 characters you named. It's the same reason Thanos was having trouble with Thing and Thor, because he chose to fist fight them instead of using other powers, telepathy, BFR.

And thats exactly what i am saying, phyiscally Darkseid isnt much above these characters, neither is Thanos. Thats was the whole point. Not using all his powers, thats a part of their character (i.e. writers trying to make the battle nice to read that one sided, same reason why Thanos didnt outright killed Superskrull when they fought).

There isn't anything stating that the Xmas special was non canon either.

You mean apart from the fact that its called Xmas Special, or the fact that fight was never shown on panel, or the fact that watcher come there and is portrayed as being hilarious rather than anything else. Yeah if you cant see the difference between that and Superman vs Darkseid, well yes you are bias.

Also She Hulk 13 apparently written by the same writer retcons it (something feefa stated havent checked).

Never said he did, I was implying that he came closer than Thanos ever did.

No he didnt. Thanos has become god all the time, including his current ongoing series Avengers Assemble. What are you talking about?

Avatar image for factchecker9380
Factchecker9380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Factchecker9380

killemall: Since the only thing you really have is the hearsay of a featless character and trying to justify what we disagree on being a low showing or not. You still haven't explained why she needed a riot to escape Klyn either. If it's because of her memories that that proves my entire point, that she clearly was not at her peak which is the only reason why Thanos lasted against her.

If you had to fight avengers twice in the series you someone get few hits in.

Not if their a bunch of a B and C listers. Thing himself isn't exactly a top tier hero either so he wouldn't have provided Thor with much assistance. So it was essentially Thor vs Thanos with Thing landed a whopping one hit before going down. In other words, Thor was getting the better of him similiar to how you claim Supes was getting the better of Darkseid in Countdown. Both standards apply.

but if you look at his Fourth World Omnibus Days, which i have only read part 1 of 5, he is going around one shotting Mr. Miracle, and other new gods. Current Darkseid is portrayed a lot weaker.

Of course he's weaker, that omnibus included issues of Superman's pal jimmy Olsen, it's essentially pre crisis Darkseid. It's pretty common knowledge that Darkseid isn't as powerful as he was back then, the same applies to most DC characters. Superman, Green Lantern etc.

Yeah a similar example of Hunter/ Prey would be Adam Magus, or Lord Mar Vell, both of whom were beating everyone they faced easily including Thor, Silver Surfer, Drax and neither actually beat Thanos when they fought (because it was written by Jim Starlin).

Those are not similar instances, Hunter/Preys sole purpose was to establish Doomsday. The writer admitted this, he also admitted that Darkseid would beat Doomsday with little trouble but was feeding everyone to him to establish him.

You mean apart from the fact that its called Xmas Special, or the fact that fight was never shown on panel, or the fact that watcher come there and is portrayed as being hilarious rather than anything else. Yeah if you cant see the difference between that and Superman vs Darkseid, well yes you are bias.

Also She Hulk 13 apparently written by the same writer retcons it (something feefa stated havent checked).

Oh ok, so apparently Deadpool and Lobo's entire existence are non canon because they're based on being hilarious, Fantastic logic.

Since when does being a Holiday special automatically make it non canon? Ever hear of theStar Wars Holiday Special? Guess what?It's canon..

Being a holiday special or being hilarious doesn't negate it being canon. And funny thing about the She Hulk issue. First the implied retcon acknowledges the existence of the Great Lake special., Second, Thanos stated that the clone was so exact that cosmic characters like the Watcher couldn't tell the difference. He stated everything down to the last Synapse was the same and that the Thanos clone even believed it was Thanos. In short, Squirrel Girl in a comic that is being acknowledge as canon, beat a 100% exact replicate of Thanos. In other words, the retcon was pointless because she still essentially beat Thanos.

Of course I don't consider this as the norm just like the Kosmos instance [which we clearly disagree on but whatever] but in these Thanos vs Darkseid threads people shouting the word Jobberseid really need to re evaluate Thanos and see that he has just as bad if not worse showings than DS does. Constantly screaming the word Bias doesn't help your case either since I';ve pretty much admitted that I don't consider one vastly superior to the other. I wasn't going to say this because I didn't feel it necessary but I'm sensing bias from you since you're refusing to acknowledge Thanos has low showings, even if you don't agree with Kosmos you can no longer deny the Squirrel Incident.

No he didnt. Thanos has become god all the time, including his current ongoing series Avengers Assemble. What are you talking about?

Yes, he did. Thanos has never extended beyond universal level. Darkseid was beating Solomon in Countdown until the end where he used his own son against him.

And I'm not sure what you're tlaking about in Avengers Assemble. You mean because he has a cosmic cube and killed off the Elders?

No Caption Provided

This is god hood? Because it looks like he's clearly losing control of the cube. Maybe you should off that statement until the next issue.

Other than that I think we're done her since this is becomig

"i luv thanos, thanos is teh best, freefa is teh awesome cuz he luvs teh thanos and hates teh darkside lulz"

TheInfamousGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TheInfamousGod

Bump?

TheInfamousGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TheInfamousGod

@Factchecker9380: So is he a bad character?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By XiiX

Brutal: Thanos

Powerful: Darkseid

Smarter:Thanos

Worse:Darkseid

Greedy: Darkseid

Power-Hungry: Darkseid

Tactical/Strategic: Darkseid/Thanos

Durable: Thanos

Better Fighting Skills: Darkseid

Interesting/Likable, etc: Thanos

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ancient_god

Thanos

Avatar image for xbleeding_edgex
XBleeding_EdgeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By XBleeding_EdgeX

Thanos wins all categories...

While he has been taken into custody...

Darkseid lost to his own stairs in his own damn house.

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins all categories...

While he has been taken into custody...

Darkseid lost to his own stairs in his own damn house.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brutal: Darkseid

Powerful: Thanos

Power-Hungry: Thanos

Tactical/Strategic: Thanos

Better Fighting Skills: Thanos

Avatar image for xbleeding_edgex
XBleeding_EdgeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brutal: Darkseid

Powerful: Thanos

Power-Hungry: Thanos

Tactical/Strategic: Thanos

Better Fighting Skills: Thanos

I wouldn't say Darkseid is more greedy, or more brutal...

Thanos blew up a rat man's head for no reason, just because Death was using him as a voice to speak to him indirectly. Killed off his entire race, killed off an entire race of warriors on their own damn planet.

Melted wolvies bones, put a box around cykes head and choked him to death with it, tortured nebula by making her basically a melting zombie.

Greedy- thanos has arguably achieved godhood more than any other marvel character, and has held 99% of all the most powerful items in the marvel verse. Hell I'll go on to say without Thanos, Marvel probably wouldn't have some of it's most powerful artifacts.

Terms of who's worse... Thanos all day as well.... You can see Darkseid and not have to worry about getting killed, you see Thanos, you're ****ed. Darkseid has motives, and won't necessarily harm others during his quests. Thanos on the other hand, will... He could ask you where Burger King is, you point it out to him, and he death stare pops your head off just because he can.

Thanos is a bamf... Not even trying to wank.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk, I think what Darkseid goes for is some scary sh*t. Enslaving almost the entire planet in Final Crisis was pretty fu**ed up and I find that slightly more threatening than Thanos who wants to wipe out all life. The fact that Darkseid is so power hungry is scary. When you make your cultish slaves chant out "Die for Darkseid" you've got some issues.

I haven't read much featuring Thanos so I won't comment on power levels.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is more:

brutal = darkseid

powerful = thanos

smarter = thanos

worse = darkseid

greedy = even i think........ both want different things, but they want them bad

power-hungry = thanos

tactical/strategic = thanos

durable = thanos.......

better fighting skills = even i think.....

interesting/likable, etc. = for me thanos....... i dislike darkseids appearance

Extra question what is the most badly written thing that they have done and the most badly written thing that has happened to them:

thanos = most badly written thing was him making the universe scream, whatever that means
thanos = most badly written thing happening to him was him being treated as a regular spider-man villain and being handcuffed by the authorities... much worse than losing to squirrel girl.............

darkseid = most badly written thing he did was to take the easy way out of the doomsday loss, by saying it was just an avatar........ let him lose to doomsday..... who cares
darkseid = most badly written thing happening to him...... was him falling down the stairs..... it was super funny though........ but something like that shouldn't happen to characters, who are supposed to be big threats

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

smarter - thanos

worse - darkseid

greedy - eh.

power-hungry - stalemate.

tactical/strategic - thanos

durable - from what I've seen, Thanos

better fighting skills - Darkseid

interesting/likable - Thanos sometimes Darkseid sometimes.. i like them both

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

smarter - Thanos

worse - Thanos kill for pleasure, Darkseid want to conquer the universe but he is like Dr Doom, protect his servants.

greedy - Darkseid.

power-hungry - Thanos, Darkseid want to conquer not power.

tactical/strategic - Darkseid

durable - Thanos

better fighting skills - Thanos, Darkseid base more his powers on his eyes beans he is not use to hand to hand combat.

interesting/likable, etc. - I like them both by equal but

Extra question what is the most badly written thing that they have done and the most badly written thing that has happened to them.

Thanos' badly thing has happen to him: is getting killed for Drax, the destroyer, what happen to his regeneration?

Darkseid is badly has happen to him: is getting beaten for Doomsday that is long gone impossible. He is more than a match for JL.

worst thing had done.

Anything they do hehehehehehe