• 70 results
Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bart Simpson

No other powers. Just Thanos squaring off against someone with telepathic powers. Who can take him down? Only characters not past skyfather can be named. Also any franchise allowed and not simply comics. I'll start off the list:

The Brain Spawns from Futurama

They should still be legal.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lance Bastro

an alternative thanos with the mind gem otherwise no one can.

lvl100gastly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lvl100gastly

i don't think anybody below skyfather level can with telepathy.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#4  Edited By Deadcool
@Shadowglenn: Do you think that Odin could beat Thanos with Telepathy? he shown good telepathy skills against Galactus in The Mighty Thor...
lvl100gastly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lvl100gastly
@Deadcool: i'm not sure. I know that thanos got into galactus mind but couldn't stay there for long because galactus had stronger telepathy i think. Never really seen how strong odin's telepathy is
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lance Bastro

look at it this way, if death and living tribunal can't get through thanos' head, then what can?

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Edgeworth_11

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By nefarious

I would laugh if someone said Emma Frost.

Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bart Simpson
@Lance Bastro said:
look at it this way, if death and living tribunal can't get through thanos' head, then what can?
When did this happen? 

And I already gave you guys one legitimate answer. The Brain Spawns from Futurama. Just find more characters.
lvl100gastly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lvl100gastly
@Bart Simpson: if the brain spawns can't read fry's mind what chance do they really have against a very high level telepath?
Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bart Simpson
@Shadowglenn said:
@Bart Simpson: if the brain spawns can't read fry's mind what chance do they really have against a very high level telepath?
They couldn't read Fry's mind because TP and possibly other psychic powers didn't even register with the guy. 

The Brain Spawns feed off mind powers and intelligence in general. A telepath trying to use their mind powers on them is pretty much the equivalent of dumping sand on Sandman or trying to shoot down a Kryptonian/Daxamite with yellow sun energy blasts. You're just going to make them stronger.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Freefa11
@Shadowglenn: That's different. They didn't affect Fry's mind because he has a completely unique patchwork kind of brain that doesn't function like any other kind of sentient (or even animalistic) brain in his entire universe. It has to do with the bizarre and perverted temporal paradox that lead to him becoming his own grandfather (and think for a second just how genetically backwards someone has to be for that to even be possible). 

Plus, the Brains didn't even seem to use conventional telepathy, so much as generate a stupidity aura (although they could use telepathy). 

I'm not even sure Thanos actually has offensive telepathy himself, since he seems to use tech to hack into other people's minds, but defensively he indeed seems to be a match for just about anyone short of a skyfather.
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blood_guts

THE GOD EMPEROR OF MANKIND
lvl100gastly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lvl100gastly
@Bart Simpson: intelligence makes them stronger but psychic attacks aren't the same. I highly doubt they could beat any good telepats their highest showing is making average humans dumber, so i don't think you could say they can beat thanos with tp when galactus has trouble with him.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Deadcool said:
@Shadowglenn: Do you think that Odin could beat Thanos with Telepathy? he shown good telepathy skills against Galactus in The Mighty Thor...
Given Galactus fought him off and Galactus seems to be having a tad more trouble with Odin, yes.
thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By thanobomb1124

Whats his name?@Blood_guts

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lance Bastro
@Bart Simpson said:
@Lance Bastro said:
When did this happen?   And I already gave you guys one legitimate answer. The Brain Spawns from Futurama. Just find more characters.
death can't read thanos' mind. she doesn't know what his plans are. ever. and the living tribunal didnt know what thanos was up to too, so he demanded thanos to cease his conquest instead of controlling his mind to stop his quest.
FemmeFatale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FemmeFatale

Dark Phoenix

Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bart Simpson
@Shadowglenn said:
@Bart Simpson: intelligence makes them stronger but psychic attacks aren't the same. I highly doubt they could beat any good telepats their highest showing is making average humans dumber, so i don't think you could say they can beat thanos with tp when galactus has trouble with him.
Psychic and intelligence is all mind power to them. For them it's the same. And no making humans dumb is not their highest feat. That's what happens when they just float around and people get close to them. 

Can you give me a list of how much telepaths are capable of affecting animals, plant life and machines? Not a animalpath whatever they're called, technopaths or people that specialize in those categories, an actual telepath. Cause the Brain Spawns can do the exact same thing to those things as they can to humans. There's a reason why Fry was so important to the Niblonians. Cause literally everything else became ineffective once it got near them. On top of this, they were doing other things like literally destroying an unknown number of planets on their way to Earth, created portals to fictional words and time travelled. Again how many telepaths can you name are able to replicate stuff like that?
lvl100gastly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lvl100gastly
@Bart Simpson: my doubt about the brain spawns beating thanos in telepathy are that they haven't been shown against anybody with telepathy or any sort of telepathic defense. I can't really say whether or not they can get past telepathic shields or not since it hasn't been shown how they handle other telepaths.
Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bart Simpson

@Bart Simpson said:
@Lance Bastro said:
When did this happen?   And I already gave you guys one legitimate answer. The Brain Spawns from Futurama. Just find more characters.
death can't read thanos' mind. she doesn't know what his plans are. ever. and the living tribunal didnt know what thanos was up to too, so he demanded thanos to cease his conquest instead of controlling his mind to stop his quest.

Or they didn't controlled Thanos's mind because they're cosmic morons and the idea didn't cross their heads. Kind of like how writers generally likes to portray them. I mean honestly, if I was in their position, there's so much I could do to prevent Thanos and others like him from constantly trying to take great power. Like killing them for starters. Have these guys not figured out that if they didn't stop their masterplans the first 500 times, they're not going to stop the next 500 times? Or how about rendering them powerless then blow their brains out and make them as harmless as a vegetable? I mean really, there's alot I can do if I was them.

I'll bring up something else that was mentioned earlier. The encounter with Galactus. IIRC Thanos had Moondragon w/ the mind gem aid him to try and get into Galactus's head, and he couldn't stay in it for long. So are you honestly saying Galactus, who probably wasn't even fed at the time, is a vastly more superior telepath than either Death or LT?

@Shadowglenn said:
@Bart Simpson: my doubt about the brain spawns beating thanos in telepathy are that they haven't been shown against anybody with telepathy or any sort of telepathic defense. I can't really say whether or not they can get past telepathic shields or not since it hasn't been shown how they handle other telepaths.

Well we never seen someone like Mad Jim Jaspers beat anyone beyond Captain Britian. Should we doubt if he can even beat Superman?

Really how do you think a battle against a psychic is going to end up like? Large parasitic brains that can do ridiculous things with their psychic powers vs someone who produces large amounts of the thing that they feed off of and makes them stronger. It's like sending a vampire to a blood bank.

As for the question of them getting past telepathic shields, think of it this way. You need both a strong mind and good amount of psychic energy to put up such shields. And those two things make a very good snack for a Brain Spawn. So once it starts feeding, both the mind and psychic energy gets weaker, and the shields get weaker as a result. By the time they're done, the shields would be gone because there's no mind or psychic energy left to keep them up.
lvl100gastly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lvl100gastly
@Bart Simpson: i just looked at the episode where the brains invade earth and where did you find thinking and intelligence makes them stronger. Fry was hurting the brain by thinking of a way to defeat it and he didn't even realize. Thanos is a lot more intelligent than fry and all he has to do is think to beat them. Where did you find that they feed off intelligence and mind power if thinking hurts them? Also you can't assume that they can defeat psychics at all if the best they have doe is being able to take over humans with no powers.
raxtsfk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By raxtsfk

How about  

Emperor Palpatine 

Nate Grey

Mr. Gone 

Maybe long shots but Thanos is a real tank

Nessy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nessy

emma frost 
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Tevnoba

I don't believe anyone listed so far would succeed.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By isaac_clarke

When did LT ever try to attack Thanos mentally? The guy has omniscience, he doesn't need to know what Thanos thinking to know what he is going to do.

Nessy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nessy

If he truly had omniscience he would have known about the hotu.
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Tevnoba
@Nessy said:
If he truly had omniscience he would have known about the hotu.
LT is omniscient up to the point the TOAA wants him to be.  LT did not know about HOTU because TOAA did not want LT to know.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By isaac_clarke

Omniscience doesn't mean LT won't still play the role he is destined to play: 

Warlock had a similar problem when he had the IG. He knew how events would play out and still did what he saw himself doing.

Nessy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Nessy

So essentially...he is not omniscient
Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bart Simpson
@Shadowglenn said: "i just looked at the episode where the brains invade earth and where did you find thinking and intelligence makes them stronger."

I'm going to have to watch the episodes again, but I thought it did. Maybe I just remembered it wrong. Will have to recheck. Though if they feed off the stuff, it should make them stronger. I mean how many things obtain sustainance and not get more energy as a result?

"Fry was hurting the brain by thinking of a way to defeat it and he didn't even realize. Thanos is a lot more intelligent than fry and all he has to do is think to beat them."

Fry's the anti-psychic. Him thinking would logically hurt them since he produces the opposite of mental energy.

"Where did you find that they feed off intelligence and mind power if thinking hurts them?"

Isn't that what they do? Go from planet to planet and drain them of their intelligence and mind power?

"Also you can't assume that they can defeat psychics at all if the best they have doe is being able to take over humans with no powers."

Already address this in my prior posts. The Brain Spawns did stuff with their powers that any other telepath from any franchise would only dream of. So that already puts them ahead of most psychics. It's not too hard to figure out psychics who can destroy planets, time warp, create dimensions, render entire planets dumb just by standing around and effect anything that has something resembling a mind >>>>>>>> Psychics who can only affect humans, can only do building size crowds at a time and needs some effort to make people a vegetable. And if they don't actually feed off intelligence and mind power, at the very least they crave the stuff and drains it. This isn't exactly rocket science.
YouFinished

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By YouFinished

Luke Skywalker, Shaman X-man, Darth Caedus, and Palpatine are the best i can think of right now and i doubt they could even do it. tough call but i highly doubt there's someone who could do it.

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Tevnoba
@Nessy said:
So essentially...he is not omniscient
Not as far as the true definition of Omniscient is.
Nessy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nessy

If he were, he would be unable to be outsmarted, outwitted or tricked.
thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By thanobomb1124

Classic @isaac_clarke

Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Boobster

Starro.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By Killemall
@Nefarious said: 
I would laugh if someone said Emma Frost.

@Nessy said:
emma frost 
LOL! :)

doomsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By doomsummers

Cable, Goblin Queen

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Boobster said:
Starro.
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By demifiend
No Caption Provided
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Chaos Prime
Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Fragneto
@demifiend said:
No Caption Provided
Yeah, I think Piccalo can too.
katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By katanalauncher
@Fragneto said:
@demifiend said:
No Caption Provided
Yeah, I think Piccalo can too.
lol
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45  Edited By Erik

Thanos can beat Thanos. 

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46  Edited By Erik

Either that or a cupcake. 

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By texasdeathmatch

What are some of Thanos' best feats with telepathy? I'm only familiar with him from Infinity Gauntlet, which does nothing to help you gauge his normal power level.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jashro44
@texasdeathmatch said:
What are some of Thanos' best feats with telepathy? I'm only familiar with him from Infinity Gauntlet, which does nothing to help you gauge his normal power level.
He held Galactus back. Keep in mind professor X had trouble making contact with galactus
MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MutenRoshi

Despero, Odin, Galactus etc

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers