Who can beat P'li in an Agni Kai?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Simple question: who can beat the Red Lotus firebender in an Agni Kai?

Firebenders only (no Avatar State or anything)

Takes place in a standard Agni Kai arena at noon

Victory by ko or death

Who can beat her?

Pr0tocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Did she actually firebend or just use combustion?

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Most likely Zuko and Azula at prime, Iroh and Ozai. Anyone with lightning has a good shot.

Oparu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@arcus1: Combustion Man would utterly destroy her. I believe any main character firebender within the show could beat her.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0tocol said:

@arcus1: Did she actually firebend or just use combustion?

No Caption Provided

She had a bit of offensive regular firebending too, but I mean combustion blasts serve as a pretty good offense

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oparu said:

@arcus1: Combustion Man would utterly destroy her. I believe any main character firebender within the show could beat her.

You already know I disagree very much

Most likely Zuko and Azula at prime, Iroh and Ozai. Anyone with lightning has a good shot.

Prime as in comic versions, or hypothetical prime?

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: I was being hypothetical; you probably know already that I haven't read the comics.

Phantom16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oparu said:

Nope. They get blown into oblivion,

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: I was being hypothetical; you probably know already that I haven't read the comics.

oh yeah, forgot

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vertigo-

If we're going by show feats only (I have no knowledge of the comics), maybe Zuko & Azula. Zuko would have to be post-dragon training and Azula would have to be level headed (her insanity would hinder her in combat). Even then, it'd be close. But I believe they'd have the best shot.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're going by show feats only (I have no knowledge of the comics), maybe Zuko & Azula. Zuko would have to be post-dragon training and Azula would have to be level headed (her insanity would hinder her in combat). Even then, it'd be close. But I believe they'd have the best shot.

Personally, I don't really think Zuko or Azula could take her. Iroh or Ozai would have a better shot (I realize they don't have as wide a showing of feats, but they're better than Zuko and Azula)

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: pretty confident iroh, ozai, zuko, and azula would stomp though this may just be my lack of knowledge of said bender

feats?

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: I'd agree that they're probably better in pure power, but Iroh is a little lacking on the agility imo. And both, as you said, are lacking in feats.

It'd be easier to argue for a stable Azula and Post-Dragon Zuko if it were to come to a debate.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra without water, Aang without earth and Bolin. In other words, pretty much only these people one-on-one. Zuko could do it too but definitely not for a majority.

Pr0tocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Wan might be able too then, his raw power was pretty nuts.

Oparu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantom16: No not really. All are firebenders so they can block a few blasts, and lightning will be there trump card too.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra without water, Aang without earth and Bolin. In other words, pretty much only these people one-on-one. Zuko could do it too but definitely not for a majority.

Firebenders only, so both avatars would be limited to fire only (assuming I'm understanding Arcus correctly). I doubt Korra could take P'li alone, and I don't think Aangs fire bending at the end of Avatar (the series), is enough to take her (although whether or not he improved after I have no idea).

Bolin isn't even a fire bender. He's an Earth & lava bender so I doubt he'd apply here

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Arcus1

@arcus1: pretty confident iroh, ozai, zuko, and azula would stomp though this may just be my lack of knowledge of said bender

feats?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

One-shotted a dragon, solo'ed an entire squad of elite metalbending soldiers led by Lin and Su (she eventually went down to a coordinated effort from Lin and Su, where Lin almost died)

I don't see any of them stomping. She's like a less powerful but more versatile version of Combustion Man

Oparu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Zuko has endured worst, like a blast from Combustion Man. This explosion only gave Zuko a few face marks, P'li would need to hit Zuko like 30 times if she wants the kill. Of course he could redirect the flames of her explosions into a fire spout and hit her back as well

No Caption Provided

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kbroskywalker

@arcus1: I still think ozai and iroh could stomp, don't seem all that impressive to me.

Combustion man was more like pis man.

Also she did not one shot that dragon, the dragon didn't even seem affected

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oparu said:

@phantom16: No not really. All are firebenders so they can block a few blasts, and lightning will be there trump card too.

You're overestimating firebenders being able to block blasts

This is not Mako blocking a blast

No Caption Provided

This is Mako and Bolin getting lucky that they didn't get directly hit by the blast (she had the explosion go off a bit in front of them), not Mako blocking a blast

Mako's definitely not taking her solo

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: I still think ozai and iroh could stomp, don't seem all that impressive to me.

How so?

@oparu said:
No Caption Provided

Zuko has endured worst, like a blast from Combustion Man. This explosion only gave Zuko a few face marks, P'li would need to hit Zuko like 30 times if she wants the kill. Of course he could redirect the flames of her explosions into a fire spout and hit her back as well

No Caption Provided

Do we even see Zuko immediately after that explosion? And it's not like P'li will stop at one blast

That's him bending fire blasts, not a combustion blast. He's also not using it offensively

No Caption Provided

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also she did not one shot that dragon, the dragon didn't even seem affected

The dragon got knocked out of the sky, not to be seen in the fight again...he got one-shotted

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hum... P' Li is very limited fire bender. I mean, she creates explosions with her mind and can defend herself from flames. She is impressive but lacks versatility and agility.

I don't know the start distance between the participants of an Agni Kai and that is a important information because her adversary need to out react her explosion or be "draw" faster than her mind.

- Azula has the reaction time and speed to avoid P'Li explosion. If lightning is allowed she might be able to hit first.

- Mako has his pro-bending background and feats that makes me believe that he can react to her explosions and also have the insta-lightning.

- Zuko has better physical than her and defended against Combustionman point blank explosion, so I think he can handle her too.

- Zhao, Iroh and Ozai are too old to react in time.

- Jeong-Jeong is old too but he has that feat of blocking 4 simultaneous fire streams and vanishing on the smoke like a ninja. He might win if he menage to block her and make her attacks backfire. In the end, he loses more than he wins.

- Combustionman dies with her in a huge explosion.

- Kiyi melts iron doors with ease, so she stomps because she is the most powerful fire bender on history.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kbroskywalker

@arcus1: i find the notion of combustion man challenging near prime aang to be utterly ridiculous.

My bad, i didn't realize that the gif had restarted after the dragon was hit

Oparu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Oparu

@arcus1: Zuko was perfectly fine the very next scene and was fighting in the North normally.

Combustion is still fire....and yes he is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil said:

Firebenders only, so both avatars would be limited to fire only (assuming I'm understanding Arcus correctly). I doubt Korra could take P'li alone, and I don't think Aangs fire bending at the end of Avatar (the series), is enough to take her (although whether or not he improved after I have no idea).

Bolin isn't even a fire bender. He's an Earth & lava bender so I doubt he'd apply here

I just read firebenders only. I'd say Korra, Azula or Mako then. Korra's pretty agile and has produced some really decent firebending feats, on top of that she has some good cqc feats like boxing and bjj, believe it or not. So I'm saying Korra. >:3

JKFallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vertigo-

@arcus1: would Korra and Aang be limited to firebending only?

Oparu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ran or Shaw. I'd like to see P'li try an one shot them xD.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: i find the notion of combustion man challenging near prime aang to be utterly ridiculous.

My bad, i didn't realize that the gif had restarted after the dragon was hit

Why? Combustion Man's an extremely powerful bender

Hahaha, gotcha

@wbr17 said:

Hum... P' Li is very limited fire bender. I mean, she creates explosions with her mind and can defend herself from flames. She is impressive but lacks versatility and agility.

I don't know the start distance between the participants of an Agni Kai and that is a important information because her adversary need to out react her explosion or be "draw" faster than her mind.

- Azula has the reaction time and speed to avoid P'Li explosion. If lightning is allowed she might be able to hit first.

- Mako has his pro-bending background and feats that makes me believe that he can react to her explosions and also have the insta-lightning.

- Zuko has better physical than her and defended against Combustionman point blank explosion, so I think he can handle her too.

- Zhao, Iroh and Ozai are too old to react in time.

- Jeong-Jeong is old too but he has that feat of blocking 4 simultaneous fire streams and vanishing on the smoke like a ninja. He might win if he menage to block her and make her attacks backfire. In the end, he loses more than he wins.

- Combustionman dies with her in a huge explosion.

- Kiyi melts iron doors with ease, so she stomps because she is the most powerful fire bender on history.

She's got pretty solid agility, dodging attacks from the Metal Clan

Mako's gotten hit by her explosions before

Zuko sorta defended against CM, but he had to put his full focus into blocking the blast, and still got knocked off the cliff, at which point CM stopped caring about him. He wouldn't have been able to stand up to a continued assult

Hahaha, you're not wrong about Kiyi

@oparu said:

@arcus1: Zuko was perfectly fine the very next scene and was fighting in the North normally.

Combustion is still fire....

He was visibly injured in the north, and that was some time after the explosion (at least days, if not weeks or more), so I don't see how him being able to fight at the North Pole is relevant in any way.

Plus, that's just one explosion, P'li's not going to stop at one

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil: iroh gets ONESHOTTED. Ya know a heck of a lotta people see iroh as > ozai

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil: iroh gets ONESHOTTED. Ya know a heck of a lotta people see iroh as > ozai

by feats he isn't though....

Oparu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Oparu

@arcus1: Like your own gif showed.

No Caption Provided

Firebenders are capable of protecting themselves from the heat of flames. Even if they fail to fully block it, they'll come out unscorched like Mako here. It's clear that he protected himself when he raised his arms in response:

No Caption Provided

Also Wan would beat her.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93: well he oneshotted azula in likely his only battle against someone who isn't fodder thats shown on screen, plus he had a massive advantage over ozai as he can redirect lightning and he has redirected NATURAL lightning.

Hasn't been shown enough for us to know for sure but..

I think from what we've seen iroh>ozai

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oparu said:

@arcus1: Like your own gif showed.

No Caption Provided

Firebenders are capable of protecting themselves from the heat of flames. Even if they fail to fully block it, they'll come out unscorched like Mako here. It's clear here that he protected himself when he raised his arms in response:

No Caption Provided

Also Wan would beat her.

Sure, cause the fact that he got blasted backwards and was dazed afterwards means nothing. The fact that P'li wasn't even focused on them and didn't follow up with any more attacks means nothing. Obviously, because Mako survived this, P'li can't hurt him at all...

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Yet by Iroh's own statement, he was unsure if he could defeat Ozai if Aang failed to defeat him...

Also, when did Iroh fight Azula? I can't recall them actually fighting. Unless you're talking about when she ran away from team Avatar and he knocked her down with his stomach... which isn't a one-shot by anyones definition, nor even a fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker said:

Yeah, poor Iroh. Wan has a really good chance though, at least in comparison with the other firebenders.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Vertigo-

@llehdevil said:
@blackestnight93 said:
@kbroskywalker said:

Yeah, poor Iroh. Wan has a really good chance though, at least in comparison with the other firebenders.

Iroh is actually my favorite character in the Avatar TLA. Wan would probably have a really good 1v1 chance, although I can't say for sure that he'd win. Part of me still thinks that it would take more then one firebender to take her down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Yet by Iroh's own statement, he was unsure if he could defeat Ozai if Aang failed to defeat him...

Also, when did Iroh fight Azula? I can't recall them actually fighting. Unless you're talking about when she ran away from team Avatar and he knocked her down with his stomach... which isn't a one-shot by anyones definition, nor even a fight.

He also kicked her off her own ship after solo'ing her entire squad of soldiers

@blackestnight93 said:
@kbroskywalker said:

Iroh's not getting one-shotted unless you go by the strictest feats only view possible. It's quite clear he's better than Zuko and Azula, guy taught Zuko practically everything he knows

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Combustion bending is like tiens tri-beam it takes a little time to load. It has pretty formidable raw power but close the distance(fire benders are pretty quick using their fire boost) and p'li is done for

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kbroskywalker

@blackestnight93: in one of the episodes azula betrayed zuko(team avatar was not present) and she was blasted into the water by iroh. Considering she never was present again in the fight, i think we can assume she was kod.

Also iroh is known for being incredibly humble, he's sorta a mix between kenobi and yoda personality wise, so i wouldn't put too much into that statement.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: I can't remember that fight. Do you have a video of it?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Combustion bending is like tiens tri-beam it takes a little time to load. It has pretty formidable raw power but close the distance(fire benders are pretty quick using their fire boost) and p'li is done for

Doesn't really take that much time

No Caption Provided