White Walkers (ASOIAF) vs Europe

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mandarinestro

In this scenario, everything north of Sweden and Novgorod is taken by 500,000 100,000 White Walkers, with a wall separating Sweden, Muscovy, and the Mongol Khanates. However, the wall will only last two months before it crumbles and the Walkers invade. Russians and Swedes are allowed to scout ahead but not allowed to send an invasion force to attack the Walkers before two months pass.

All of Europe agrees on a ceasefire and each nation gets ten tonnes of Dragonglass to forge into swords, spears, and arrow tips to fight off Walkers. They all have full knowledge about the powers and traits of Walkers.

The Walkers get feats from both Game Of Thrones TV show and GRRM's ASOIAF books.

This battle takes place in December 1351 (aka it's winter) during the High Middle Ages. According to statistics there are about 70-80 million people in Europe during the 1350s.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

How far do the Others make it?

No Caption Provided

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

We don't really know a great deal about the White Walkers, but from what we know... I could see this going either way, the sheer numbers are a big advantage for the humans, but they will turn into advantages for the WW once they've killed and reanimated them, not to mention all of the undead animals they'll create as they pass through.

Plus The White Walkers would start out with the reanimated corpses of fauna of the territories they already in inhabit. Then there's the cold they bring with them.

I'd have to wait for more responses and think about it a bit. Just how much Dragonglass do they have?

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mandarinestro

@rogueshadow: Ten tonnes for each nation on the map. If it's too much I'll reduce it.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: Ten tonnes for each nation on the map. If it's too much I'll reduce it.

My bad, I misread it as 'tonnes', I thought you were basically just saying, 'a lot'. I don't think it'd be too much, since it's really the only way they could kill the WW. They'd have to give it to their greatest warriors and save it only for the white walkers.

@cregan_stark@penderor@princearagorn1@eisenfauste

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bigcimmerian

They stop at Serbia. Serbs are too tough for little monsters.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the WW would win

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only reason that this is a good fight is due to the Dragonglass. However I think that with this man Others, they will overcome the soldiers that are weilding the Dragonglass weapons. Now to mention that each man that they kill will be turned into an army of wights for Europe also to worry about.

I'm taking 500,000 others over Europe but I'm willing to listen o arguments against this.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bigcimmerian

@cregan_stark said:

The only reason that this is a good fight is due to the Dragonglass. However I think that with this man Others, they will overcome the soldiers that are weilding the Dragonglass weapons. Now to mention that each man that they kill will be turned into an army of wights for Europe also to worry about.

I'm taking 500,000 others over Europe but I'm willing to listen o arguments against this.

Europe got Serbs.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mandarinestro

@cregan_stark: I'm going to stay neutral on this, but the Europeans have knowledge on their abilities. So if they're smart they'd probably burn every corpse they could find.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Btw, is this too many Others? Maybe I should reduce it to 300k or 200k.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Btw, is this too many Others? Maybe I should reduce it to 300k or 200k.

I think it's too much. I don't know about other European countries, but Serbian Empire could muster around 100k soldier at best including mercenaries and Empire was considered to be one of the most powerful european countries in mid 14th century. So I don't know what is the maximum number of soldiers all countries combined could have.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogueshadow  Moderator

@mandarinestro said:

I think it's too much. I don't know about other European countries, but Serbian Empire could muster around 100k soldier at best including mercenaries and Empire was considered to be one of the most powerful european countries in mid 14th century. So I don't know what is the maximum number of soldiers all countries combined could have.

I agree with BC, it's a bit too much considering how hard to kill the WW are, the various advantages they have with the undead etc. I'd probably shave it down.

noxmagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the amount of Dragon Glass would be enough to arm humanity to the point they could handle the full 500k, although the population of the nations would be pretty decimated, although able to pick itself back up eventually.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mandarinestro
@rogueshadow said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@mandarinestro said:

I agree with BC, it's a bit too much considering how hard to kill the WW are, the various advantages they have with the undead etc. I'd probably shave it down.

If Serbia alone could arm 100,000 people, then wouldn't the Holy Roman Empire, the French, the British, and Teutonic Knights have been able to put up more than quadruple of that?

Either way, I just watched GoT and I think I really should reduce it. What do you say to 100,000 Others?

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@mandarinestro said:

If Serbia alone could arm 100,000 people, then wouldn't the Holy Roman Empire, the French, the British, and Teutonic Knights have been able to put up more than quadruple of that?

Either way, I just watched GoT and I think I really should reduce it. What do you say to 100,000 Others?

Maybe 300,000 is better. 100 000 troups that Serbia had was only for one special circumstance, it was for conquest of Constantinople and it had many mercenaries mainly from Spain and Holy Roman Empire. In every other battle, Serbs could summon up to 30-50k soldiers maybe. I know this because I'm the Serb myself and I studied it. I doubt countries you mentioned had much bigger army then Emperor Dusan of Serbia, I saw on several sites he's considered to be one of the most powerful rulers of 14th century. I myself don't believe much in that considering the size of Holy Roman Empire, Russian Principalities and French kingdom. But that's what I read. The most important thing here is unity of European countries, if they all combine their armies I think numbers could be 1-2 million.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: the Wildlings had knowledge of the others as well and they burned bodies but somehow the others were still able to amass a huge army.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With 100k white walkers and full knowledge and teamwork. If europe spent 2 months rallying soldiers to the wall they could clash with the white walkers and use English longbow men to pick off a lot from a distance. They could do this after a long long war.

GodEmperor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

undead dragon torches them all