Which of these are the strongest?

ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ronki23

and real life ones e.g. Brahma,Vishnu and Shiva,Zeus,Odin,Eru,Aku,Jesus and the Messiah? What about personifications of the personifications e.g. Krishna or Gods from Journey to the West?

Do Watchers/Celestials/Eternals fit in lower down the scale? What about Galactus and Abraxas?

Can any of the above (and if the above in the above paragraph are different) take on the big,good, YHWH/Allah/Brahma if they team up?

ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ronki23

sorry, original question was which of these are strongest: Living Tribunal, Beyonder, Thanos with HOTU, Nemesis,Spectre,Monitor and Anti Monitor

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By demifiend

Thanos with HOTU 

ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ronki23

Sorry, forgot to add Phoenix but I didn't think she was as strong as the above. How do the characters in the title fit into this/ what is the distance between them in power. I assume that Phoenix and Galactus are second best and Celestials/Watchers/Eternals third best. With today's Gods, I assume the big/major God is TOAA level, semi Gods like the Hindu Trinity in between TOAA and those on the list and incarnations like Jesus,Krishna,etc. the same as those second best.

Why did they write it so that Greek/Norse/Hindu Gods in Marvel not be as strong as the above? Isn't that the whole point of Gods?

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By progenitorigin
@ronki23
Because if the gods were written as they are in the actual mythos, they would be supreme.  In the entire mythos, no god could be harmed except by another god, so that wouldn't make a very interesting comic book, where there is always drama of a villain getting the upper-hand at some point, but then the hero prevailing.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By progenitorigin

ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ronki23

@progenitor: yes but Marvel has basically done that with their version of Gods lol. Why did they make it so that Marvel Gods>Marvel Anti Gods>Actual Gods>Actual Villains. All I can think of that managed to give Marvel Gods trouble was Thanos and Nemesis (hence the reason I put them into this battle). Battles with actual Gods/Villains are also epic/it would've been cool for Marvel to rewrite them. It seems that Marvel Anti Gods are much stronger than the normal Gods and Marvel Gods stronger than that lol.

Anyway,how does this battle go?

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By progenitorigin
@ronki23 said:

@progenitor: yes but Marvel has basically done that with their version of Gods lol. Why did they make it so that Marvel Gods>Marvel Anti Gods>Actual Gods>Actual Villains. All I can think of that managed to give Marvel Gods trouble was Thanos and Nemesis (hence the reason I put them into this battle). Battles with actual Gods/Villains are also epic/it would've been cool for Marvel to rewrite them. It seems that Marvel Anti Gods are much stronger than the normal Gods and Marvel Gods stronger than that lol.

Anyway,how does this battle go?

They're finally starting to write some of the gods well, like when Zeus beat the crap out of Hulk, that should easily happen.  As for Hercules, they make him a little more simple-minded than I would have liked, but he's still pretty cool.  I really wish that Marvel would write Achilles into the mix, he would be a great character to involve, invincible like Luke Cage except for his ankle. 

As for this match, i'm gona go with Thanos with HOTU.
Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Valkaad

If we are talking pre-retcon beyonder he is by far the most powerful

ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ronki23

so atm it’s a battle between Thanos, Living Tribunal and Beyonder. I thought Nemesis would be powerful as she has the power of ALL the infinity gems?

Would characters like Galactus,Monitors,Eternity/Infinty, Death/Oblivion be put below the above or on the same level?Big G CAN destroy Universes you know!

Would The Watchers, Eternals and Celestials be put below these?

Anyway, why did Marvel write in modern/pre Marvel Gods e.g. Norse/Greek/Hindu but not put them very high power wise?

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Valkaad

This really isn't a battle or even close to a battle. Pre-retcon beyonder was "millions of times more powerful than all the mulitverse combined".

The Gods are powerful. They can do just about anything they want to. They aren't omnipotent like the beyonder, but no one is/was.

Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

me win i can evove as much as i want even to the beyonders level hahahhhahahhahhahahah

Avatar image for onedoesnotsimplywalkintomordor
OneDoesNotSimplyWalkIntoMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TOAA > Extradimensional conceptual entities > Abstract embodiment entities > Celestials/Elder Gods > Cosmic beings > Skyfather/Hellfathers > Pantheons > Eternals > the evolving human race including mutants
ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ronki23

What are:

Abstract Embodiment Entities? You mean Infinity/Eternity and Death/Oblivion?

Cosmic beings? What are those?

Elder Gods?Are they like the Norse Gods.What are the difference between Skyfather/Hellfathers are Elder Gods?

What are Pantheons?

I'm new to this, please explain

ronki23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ronki23

The Marvel Wikia says Living Tribunal is stronger than Pre Retcon Beyonder- they give a source too.

If Beyonder and Living Tribunal look after the Multiverse and TOAA looks after Omniverse, do those below him like e.g. Death/Oblivion and Infinity/Eternity exist in Multiplese Universes?

Also, who is strong enough to take on TLT and Beyonder and even give TOAA a challenge?

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Valkaad

@ronki23: In secret wars II all the mighty of the multiverse (including Tribunal) sought out Molecule Man (who himself was more powerful than tribunal back then) to help them stop beyonder. They told molecule man that without him they had no chance of defeating him. He was "millions of time more powerful than all the multiverse combined". Back in the Secret Wars Days Tribunal couldn't hold a candle to Beyonder.

I haven't looked at the wiki, but I have all of Secret Wars issues so I know what I am saying is accurate.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Valkaad

@ronki23 said:

The Marvel Wikia says Living Tribunal is stronger than Pre Retcon Beyonder- they give a source too.

If Beyonder and Living Tribunal look after the Multiverse and TOAA looks after Omniverse, do those below him like e.g. Death/Oblivion and Infinity/Eternity exist in Multiplese Universes?

Also, who is strong enough to take on TLT and Beyonder and even give TOAA a challenge?

Just looked at the Wiki. They cite Secret Wars II issue 3 and 6 neither of which show Tribunal being more powerful than the beyonder?? Don't know why these issues are cited. Makes no sense.

Loves2spooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First, sorry I'm not from an English speaking country but I'll try my best. IMO Most of the gods reside in their respective Universes. Each within a single Universe. Vishnu would be it's version of Eternity. While Shiva would likely represent Galactus. Brahma is in essence one of the Celestials, creating and evolving life. I can't really compare between the Marvel continuity with that of the religious dieties. So i'm using the Hindu gods to point out some similarities in their roles as abstracts. But all in all Marvel provides much more detailed analysis in their powers. Hindu gods are Omnipotent. That's it. Not much description of their powers other than being immortal and displaying their Universal forms. Their powers are mostly used in enchantment of their weapons some like the Pasupatastra which is much like the Ultimate Nullifier. Capable of destroying the Universe but unlike the Nullifier, it can be countered. There are instances of warriors wielding all the Supreme weapons in a single battle yet their destructive potential was limited to a single battlefield. So there's some inconsistency. While Marvel remains true to its myth. There may be some poor writing too but their potential remains as it is. So to conclude, Marvel top tiers, then Hindu gods and then the rest. But that's my opinion. I'm willing and open for discussion.