Which heroes can beat the flash family and zoom?

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 18hunt

Can new 52 superman?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jeanroygrant

Any superhero who has city busting or higher destructive power, and also starts 300ft in the sky( Not Physical Strength )

Marksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Marksman

Hourman 1 Million would have a decent shot, I believe.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Floopay

Below Skyfather?

Silver Surfer

Thanos

Runner

Quasar

Nova Prime

Beta Ray Bill

Larfleeze

KoH Spawn (Image)

Zarathos

Dum Dum Dugan

New Son

The Stronger incarnations of the Phoenix

Onslaught

Mister Majestic

Earth-X Absorbing Man

Sentry (Fully Stable)

Void (Full Control)

Dunno if I could name any others, but there are probably more than people would think.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Floopay said:

Below Skyfather?

Silver Surfer

Thanos

Runner

Quasar

Nova Prime

Beta Ray Bill

Larfleeze

KoH Spawn (Image)

Zarathos

Dum Dum Dugan

New Son

Onslaught

Mister Majestic

Earth-X Absorbing Man

Sentry (Fully Stable)

Void (Full Control)

Dunno if I could name any others, but there are probably more than people would think.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

this

Alice_Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Alice_Summers

Galactus

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dredeuced

@Floopay said:

Below Skyfather?

Silver Surfer

Thanos

Runner

Quasar

Nova Prime

Beta Ray Bill

Larfleeze

KoH Spawn (Image)

Zarathos

Dum Dum Dugan

New Son

Onslaught

Mister Majestic

Earth-X Absorbing Man

Sentry (Fully Stable)

Void (Full Control)

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I can argue a few of these with Wally and Zoom in the picture because of a lack of durability and reaction, an instant loss vs a non jobbing Zoom and Wally or the ability to have their speed stolen, but for the most part this is a good list.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sethlol

I can.

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

@Floopay said:

Below Skyfather?

Silver Surfer

Thanos

Runner

Quasar

Nova Prime

Beta Ray Bill

Larfleeze

KoH Spawn (Image)

Zarathos

Dum Dum Dugan

New Son

Onslaught

Mister Majestic

Earth-X Absorbing Man

Sentry (Fully Stable)

Void (Full Control)

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Depends on if they start on the ground or not for the highlighted characters. Some of the others i just don't know enough about.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alan Scott(Starheart), SS, Mr. Majestic, Spawn, Plutonean, Odin Force Thor, Franklin Richards, Nova Prime(Worldmind), Martian Manhunter, Shaman Nate Grey, Legion to name a few.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Havenless

Silver Surder can render himself completely intangible on the physical plane. It may take him a week to hit flash, but Wally will never be able to hit back

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dondave

@Soothing_Sounds said:

@Floopay said:

Below Skyfather?

Silver Surfer

Thanos

Runner

Quasar

Nova Prime

Beta Ray Bill

Larfleeze

KoH Spawn (Image)

Zarathos

Dum Dum Dugan

New Son

Onslaught

Mister Majestic

Earth-X Absorbing Man

Sentry (Fully Stable)

Void (Full Control)

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Depends on if they start on the ground or not for the highlighted characters. Some of the others i just don't know enough about.

QFT

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xeon1cs

@Havenless said:

Silver Surder can render himself completely intangible on the physical plane. It may take him a week to hit flash, but Wally will never be able to hit back

Well aside from the part where he can literally force people to be tangible.

Because Speed Force.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Floopay

@Dredeuced: @Soothing_Sounds:

I think most of them could do this if it were 1 vs. 1 fights, all at once I think the majority of my list would probably end up biting it.

However, it also depends on starting distance. Being up in the air is a good advantage, but if they start far enough apart that's also enough to equalize the playing field right of the bat.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

wolfy1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By wolfy1984

The Spectre

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Yung ANcient One

GOKU

I'm Just Kidding

(+)

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By mk111

@wolfy1984:

This, and maybe Trigon and Swamp Thing.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SirMethos

Well, there are a few characteristics that, if combined, would make a character capable of beating "the Flash family and Zoom".

1. The ability to shrug off, blunt force trauma. We have an on-panel, word of god, description of the Infinite Mass Punch, saying that it "hits with the force of a white dwarf star". So the ability would have to be able to shrug off several times that, since Flash can do multiple of those, before most characters can even react.

2. The ability to teleport. Since Flash(at least some, if not all, of them) can "steal speed" from others, effectively rendering the character incapable of moving, teleportation would be required.

3. The ability to perform attacks with a large area of effect. Since Flash is fast enough to dodge, pretty much any attack aimed at him, a wider attack is required.

Now, of course, there are other things/abilities/powers that would make it possible to defeat the Flash family and Zoom. But the combination of the above three, is a pretty solid starting point, that doesn't require much thought. The above three, also makes some assumptions. Such as assuming that Flash's "speed stealing", works against all kind of propulsion.

To give an example, Superman, Black Adam, and Cannonball, are all able to fly. But they all utilize different methods to do so. Superman supposedly does it by an expulsion of gravitons(or according to some people, by manipulating the same energy field that gives him a large part of his durability). Black Adam supposedly does it by "pure will". And Cannonball does it by discharging "thermo-chemical energy". The above three, assumes that Flash's "speed stealing" would work on all of these methods, and any other variations of "<insert arbitrary character> can fly whenever he/she wants to".

Even someone as low on the powerscale as Juggernaut(in some incarnations at least) fits with all of the above. His invulnerability is more than enough to shrug off the IMP(even if applied several times in a row). IIRC, he has been shown to teleport(or be teleported by Cyttorak) on one or two occasions at least. And his strength is sufficient to cause large area destruction. Not explosions or large energy blasts, but he can disrupt the ground in a large enough area, that Flash would eventually end up in a position where he is vulnerable to getting hit by attacks, moving far slower than his maximum speed. Juggernaut further has the advantage that the "speed stealing" would not necessarily work on him, or at least not work 100%. Speed Force vs. Unstoppable Momentum powered by Cyttorak. I'm sure that one has been debated before.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dondave

@xeon1cs said:

@Havenless said:

Well aside from the part where he can literally force people to be tangible.

Because Speed Force.

QFT

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By GunGunW

The writers.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dredeuced

@SirMethos said:

Well, there are a few characteristics that, if combined, would make a character capable of beating "the Flash family and Zoom".

1. The ability to shrug off, blunt force trauma. We have an on-panel, word of god, description of the Infinite Mass Punch, saying that it "hits with the force of a white dwarf star". So the ability would have to be able to shrug off several times that, since Flash can do multiple of those, before most characters can even react.

2. The ability to teleport. Since Flash(at least some, if not all, of them) can "steal speed" from others, effectively rendering the character incapable of moving, teleportation would be required.

3. The ability to perform attacks with a large area of effect. Since Flash is fast enough to dodge, pretty much any attack aimed at him, a wider attack is required.

Now, of course, there are other things/abilities/powers that would make it possible to defeat the Flash family and Zoom. But the combination of the above three, is a pretty solid starting point, that doesn't require much thought. The above three, also makes some assumptions. Such as assuming that Flash's "speed stealing", works against all kind of propulsion.

To give an example, Superman, Black Adam, and Cannonball, are all able to fly. But they all utilize different methods to do so. Superman supposedly does it by an expulsion of gravitons(or according to some people, by manipulating the same energy field that gives him a large part of his durability). Black Adam supposedly does it by "pure will". And Cannonball does it by discharging "thermo-chemical energy". The above three, assumes that Flash's "speed stealing" would work on all of these methods, and any other variations of "<insert arbitrary character> can fly whenever he/she wants to".

Even someone as low on the powerscale as Juggernaut(in some incarnations at least) fits with all of the above. His invulnerability is more than enough to shrug off the IMP(even if applied several times in a row). IIRC, he has been shown to teleport(or be teleported by Cyttorak) on one or two occasions at least. And his strength is sufficient to cause large area destruction. Not explosions or large energy blasts, but he can disrupt the ground in a large enough area, that Flash would eventually end up in a position where he is vulnerable to getting hit by attacks, moving far slower than his maximum speed. Juggernaut further has the advantage that the "speed stealing" would not necessarily work on him, or at least not work 100%. Speed Force vs. Unstoppable Momentum powered by Cyttorak. I'm sure that one has been debated before.

Zoom showed that time manipulation can also undo speed steal, so that's another way to counter.