BoZ Goku is enough to stomp saitama

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Gaoron

Saitama would lose to Boss Rabbit as he doesnt have any resistance to matter manipulation and in character he would allow to be touched lol

Namek pre-zenkai Goku would be the most fair and fun match but i can see him losing to Recoome tho.

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loled at this thread xD What's the point of talking about Saitama on vine, he is a parody character! He is not relatable or measurable. No character in DB or anything else can beat Saitama. He has a broken limiter, it's impossible to hurt him with anything. He tanked magical attacks, telepathic nad telekinetic attacks, space/time warping black hole gravity pool, planet-busting energy lasers, and he never got a single bruise. It's not like he was A BIT hurt so you can say "ok so even stronger laser will kill him!" He literally tanked it without any visible signs of damage. He has no limits, that's the point of his character. Without limits, he can't be killed.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Amonfire1776
Avatar image for deactivated-5a5879220e4dd
deactivated-5a5879220e4dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thoromdil :"he can't be killed"

has he survived existence erasure.

has he survived reality warping.

has he survived atomic manipulation.

has he survived causality manipulation.

has he survived propability manipulation

has he survived absorption.

has he ever fought noncorporal being

has he survived time manipulation.

has he survived poison manipulation.

has he survived soul manipulation.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

boss rabbit

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Krillin

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathmetal: Dude that's broken thinking. Goku was never attacked with a sharpened pencil. Does that mean he can be killed by a sharpened pencil? No, obviously. Fact is, Saitama was never hurt and the whole point of his character is having "broken limiter". So there is no point to put him on vine battles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5879220e4dd
deactivated-5a5879220e4dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thoromdil: yeah in his universe outside of it even boss rabbit can beat him.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Saiyan Blue Vegito

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Someone in the Ginyu Force.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for bigdumbsmartguy
BigDumbSmartGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For real though why is Saitama even brought up on the vine, it makes no sense to me, he is the embodiment of NLF by design. He should be shelved right next to Bugs Bunny.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigdumbsmartguy: Because we go by feats not statements and people like to talk about their favourite characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-6081fb94189dc
deactivated-6081fb94189dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frieza pre-training

BigDumbSmartGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: But if you're going by feats you might as well not even talk about Saitama, that's what I'm saying.

To just look at 'the best thing he's done so far' and treat that as his limit kind of defeats the character's purpose, so I don't see the point in it.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thelocust619

@thoromdil: @bigdumbsmartguy: To just assume he has no limits at all, especially outside his own series, is infinitely more faulty.

Say I drew a stick figure, I write down "he can do everything ever", then I show it breaking a straw. You wouldn't argue he is unbeatable, would you? No, because breaking a straw is in no way sufficient evidence that he can do everything ever.

Same logic here: Saitama throwing <planet level punches is not sufficient to say he could, for example, throw a galaxy level punch. His best feat is stopping a surface wiper. His entire serious (aka trying) moveset is under planet level...so arguing he can achieve infinity based on that is laughable at best.

If you want Saitama to be unbeatable through all fiction then you need proof, don't just waste space with examples of lesser feats in a useless attempt to prove something greater. To prove something greater, you need evidence as great as your claim. Using a lesser feat is as good as claiming he's immune to cold cuz he can casually hold an ice cube with no damage.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also Boss Rabbit stomps, but that guy who makes the evil in your heart explode could win too. Saitama is good, but not pure paragon.

BigDumbSmartGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: Dude, I'm not making an argument in favor of Saitama, I'm saying he should be a banned Battles character like Bugs Bunny. I'm saying that his very existence encourages people to push every envelope regarding his capability, which is the very reason Bugs Bunny was banned in the first place.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By thelocust619

@bigdumbsmartguy: The latter bit wasn't for you, but your case is similar to the other so I just fused two posts into one. You want Saitama banned over...arguements for things he can't do? I mean...there's people who argue Ichigo is a moonbuster, should the more rational fans suffer because of a few there, too? Personally, I think it's more fair just to inform the ones that'll listen and just ignore the very few that wont. There is no case for infinite Saitama because nothing backs it, so it's not really a problem at all.

Bugs is clear toonforce. One Punch Man is a parody (like Dragonball), not a gag (like looney toons).

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also Boss Rabbit stomps, but that guy who makes the evil in your heart explode could win too. Saitama is good, but not pure paragon.

spike the devil man? (the one that goku fought in baba's tourney)

I never really got in to OPM but judging by some of the responses (answers ranging from DB - namek saga) seems he is really inconsistent

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thelocust619

@captain_inverse: Probably, idr his name but the devil bit sounds right.

The issue is a common one, similar to many characters including Juha Ywhach and Yujiro Hanma: no upper limit was shown. Saitama never truely maxed out, but people tend to take this out of proportion, forgetting we've been seeing him apply effort every time he uses his Serious moveset.

The inconsistency is probably on Dragonball's part...people hold them in different places depending on interperetation. For instance, since Saitama's physical strength is greater than any h2h feat in the entire series, someone who favors feats may feel that's enough for him to battle higher tiers, as opposed to one who favors lore and takes the ki-enhanced damage absorption interperetation.

BigDumbSmartGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: Honestly I disagree. I think Saitama is a gag. He's a long-running gag and the punchline is the same every time: He wins with little to no effort. He is the John Cena of anime characters. He'll no-sell the universe exploding and punch God's face off.

That's the difference between him and someone like Ichigo and Naruto - those characters have more or less clearly-defined feats and grow stronger as their respective series progress. Saitama stays at the same power level throughout and simply BTFO's literally everything. He is a character that is 100% intended to be unquantifiable. So that's why I suggest banning him.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thelocust619

@bigdumbsmartguy: It's not a matter of interperetation, though. Any show has gags in them, that's not what makes it a gag show lol. This isnt an episodic compilation of jokes, instead there is a clear, consistent narrative here. The rules of this universe don't bend for comic effect, instead what should happen given the circumstances does happen. There is no toonforce at work. This literally doesn't fit the criteria to be a gag show

Comparing OPM to Naruto or Bleach is null, those are not parodies. Of course they're more serious. This is why I compared it to Dragonball, which is a parody. If you'll notice, the universe rules are certainly a bit more loose than Naruto or Bleach, just like OPM. To elaborate further, Bastard! is also a parody...and same rules apply. Hell, that's even gaggier than OPM and DBZ combined.

Also, OPM does have clearly defined feats. The only thing not clearly defined is Saitama's max potential, which is no different than any number of other series, of particular note Yujiro Hanma from the non-parody Baki the Grappler. This is nothing new, the only thing misleading here are people taking the name of the series literally despite him ALREADY FAILING TO LIVE UP TO THIS lol.

Btw, DBZ characters are also specifically designed to be unquantifiable. That was the point of introducing power levels just to show how they are meaningless. But I guess that's okay and OPM should be banned for the exact same thing. Yujiro Hanma is proclaimed unbeatable and likewise breaks all barriers set for him, so much that in the only fight he "loses" in series he's the one standing undamaged and his opponent is in a broken heap...he also has unknown upper limits, guess we should ban him too. :p

captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: DB fans? inconsistencies? never! XD

but if his best feat is indeed stopping a global surface wiping attack; was it a meteor? If so, it is unfortunate for OPM cuz it doesn't really take a very large meteor to kill all life.

then I think he would fall somewhere in the namek saga, at best.

*off topic* I think that Itagaki (baki's author) said Pickle has the most raw strength in the series, immediately followed by Yujiro. If you disregard yujiro's 1 or 2 ridiculously highend feats (stopping a earthquake/no selling a lightning bolt), Pickle is portrayed consistently as the strongest by feats.

BigDumbSmartGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: I mean, you make fair enough point, though I will say you won't catch me advocating for the use of DB characters in the Battles forum either, though for different reasons. Shounen anime in general tend to bring the worst breed of people into the thread.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By thelocust619

@captain_inverse: No, it was a generic energy beam stated to be able to destroy the planet, with "planet buster"in the name depending on translation. Saitama punched away this beam and also parted the atmosphere. Surface level meets that criteria, but even at planet level it still doesn't unbeatable lol

Not sure yet where I think he stops, hax aside. His CIS is pretty bad tho, so IMO he gets carroted all things considered.

** Towards the end of Baki's fight with Pickles he accessed a deeper reserve of his Hanma blood, closing the gap in strength. Then he leveled up from shadow boxing. Then he fought Oliva where they tackled each other through prison walls, then he one-shot Pickles when he interfered with his fight with his father. And after all that...Yujiro was still significantly stronger. Baki only caught up to him at the very end of their brawl.

To make it easier, compare how Pickles and Yujiro handled Baki's triceratops charge: iirc, Pickles had to rage to handle it, while Yujiro took it without fliching...and note that this is after Baki incorporated the cockroach dash into it, and it became so strong it nearly ripped a car in half after dredging Yujiro's feet across the pavement. Look at Yujiro. Look at his face. He LIKES it.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By renamed040924

@thoromdil: We need to draw a distinction between PARODY characters, and actual GAG characters.

Saitama is a parody character, but so is Goku. And just being a parody character doesn't make you unbeatable. Look at Dr. Slump and the character Suppaman. He literally looks just like Superman. He's obviously a parody of Superman, but he's not invincible, the whole comedy comes from how boisterous and pathetic he is.

Arale is an example of a gag character, because she can literally do anything. I don't mean "do anything" as in Saitama and his supposed limitless power. I mean do absolutely anything, not just related to power and fighting, but she isn't even bound by the laws of physics or even logic. She can pull items out of thin air. She can crack the earth in half as a joke, then everyone does their anime gag face, and then the earth is just magically back to normal with no explanation. This is called toon force. Saitama doesn't have toon force. His series is definitely a parody and it can definitely be comical, but it's not driven by comedy. Arale would never lose because it's funnier seeing the little girl win than somebody who looks stronger. Saitama though, like, look at when he fought Boros... that fight wasn't supposed to be funny. That was a legitimate, dramatic climactic battle. When Saitama finally defeated Boros... was that funny? Uh, NO. It wasn't driven by gags, toon force, or breaking the laws of physics. It was a straightforward anime battle. Saitama has never displayed any actual toon force. Everything he does is straightforward and practical.

Now compare that to Goku himself. He actually DOES have more toon force feats than Saitama! Goku has actually, physically broken the fourth wall during his first fight with Yamcha. He punched Yamcha so hard, that he broke through the manga panel. A few chapters after, he brought the Rabbit Gang to the moon. He actually extended his power pole all the way to the moon, then physically climbed up it with one arm while carrying the rabbit gang, returned a panel later and told Bulma he left them on the moon to make candy for a year.

These are toonforce feats that don't even make sense. Apparently both Goku and the Rabbits can breath and survive in space like it's nothing, and also Goku was strong/fast enough to climb to the moon like it's nothing in a few moments.

Granted, Goku had very low toonforce, nothing close to his predecessor Arale, and also he doesn't have much toonforce anymore. But what kind of toonforce does Saitama have? Absolutely none at all. He's a parody character, but he's not a gag character. He has straightforward battles and has never once broken the laws of physics. Therefore it's incorrect to assume that he is actually limitless. Considering the battles in OPM gradually become more intense, to the point where Saitama continues needing to exert more effort, and its possible that Boros actually did force him to become serious for a split second, it's obvious that Saitama isn't actually meant to be omnipotent, and for all we know he could end up encountering a genuine rival or foe in the future that challenges him.

JarlBallin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama wank is still very real and live in this thread. Good lord.

captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: ahh, i see. is his speed/reflex any good? good enough to hang with "the b team" on namek?

off topic:

yujiro should fall juuuuuust below Pickle, when they first met and pressed fists, Yujiro resorted to aikido shortly after to throw Pickle off balance. It just didn't seem in character for Yujiro to use martial arts if he wanted to gauge pickles strength unless he was being matched/overpowered.

I don't recall baki ever beating pickle, Baki lost their first fight but pickle was to "honored" or something to eat him. current baki very likely can but the win wouldn't be attributed to his raw strength. and he completely caught pickle off guard when he interrupted the father/son fight

Baki has never portrayed the same level of strength as Pickle or Yujiro. Pickle, by consistent feats, is a solid 5 tonner.

If you have been keeping up with Baki Dou, in raw strength Pickle>>musashi>>baki

so Pickle is still being portrayed to be stronger than people who are still Baki's superiors in power.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By thelocust619

@captain_inverse: Im not touching the speed arguements lol. Ill say he can jump between the earth and moon mid-conversation, and probably has speed somewhere in line with that. A second or two, maybe. Mhs af

** You're right, forgot he didn't win that one. Matched, I should say. He did still take the fight out of Pickles with one hit while battling Yujiro. He wasn't out, but it rocked his ****.

Top tiers in baki are closer to 20 tons than 5 imo... And idr Musashi being stronger than Yujiro...uk, is there a better thread we can bump for this? I can't spoiler myself tmk n this is getting off topic...er lol

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Novawing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Sorry bro but you wasted your time, I stopped reading at "Goku is a parody character too" and I'm not gonna read any more of crap of this caliber. No, Goku is not a parody character. He has normal character traits and plot functions in the story. Siatama does not. He is literally a parody of a typical superman-like superhero who has a "broken limiter" and fights depression as he can't fight anyone in his lore without instantly winning a fight. That's something completely different then Goku, who like I said is a normal character who must learn, train and change to beat his enemies. If you can't see the difference that's your problem, I'm not gonna beat through your essay of bullshit.

jasonhitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PUAR

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@thelocust619: Honestly I disagree. I think Saitama is a gag. He's a long-running gag and the punchline is the same every time: He wins with little to no effort. He is the John Cena of anime characters. He'll no-sell the universe exploding and punch God's face off.

That's the difference between him and someone like Ichigo and Naruto - those characters have more or less clearly-defined feats and grow stronger as their respective series progress. Saitama stays at the same power level throughout and simply BTFO's literally everything. He is a character that is 100% intended to be unquantifiable. So that's why I suggest banning him.

While the philosophical argument over him being a joke or not is happening, i would like to remind people that he has to breathe (so suffocating him= win) so even with the NLF applied. Even with saying he could one shot galactus. Anyone who could stop him from getting air would stomp him.

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boss Rabbit turns him into a carrot

That, and Devilman could explode him

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He punches boss rabbits matter manip back at him somehow

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By renamed040924

@thoromdil: Pathetic dub peasant. Are you aware that there's an entire section of the story before DEEBEEZEE? Goku is a parody, he's a parody of Sun Wukong the Monkey King, although I'm a sure a man of your cultural awareness hasn't even heard of Journey to the West so I'm not surprised you didn't know Goku was a parody.

I literally listed gag feats for you that Goku himself has performed. Logic and physics breaking gag feats that show a certain level of toon force, the type of feats that Saitama doesn't have. And you had absolutely no counterargument because you KNOW Saitama doesn't have those types of feats, you just WISH he was this type of toonforce gag character you portray him has. So you simply ignored them like a true fanboy.

Great work.

Saiyan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point of the series Ginyu Force should be the level Saitama currently at but when the series continues his character could be like Tokiro (in power) in a solar system - galaxy busting level in a few years if the show keeps going on.

But First Form Frieza (Namek Saga) easily wins where the series is on this comment

sith_windu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boss Rabbit or Devilman quite honestly.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#48 higherpower  Moderator

@captain_inverse: No, it was a generic energy beam stated to be able to destroy the planet, with "planet buster"in the name depending on translation. Saitama punched away this beam and also parted the atmosphere. Surface level meets that criteria, but even at planet level it still doesn't unbeatable lol

Not sure yet where I think he stops, hax aside. His CIS is pretty bad tho, so IMO he gets carroted all things considered.

** Towards the end of Baki's fight with Pickles he accessed a deeper reserve of his Hanma blood, closing the gap in strength. Then he leveled up from shadow boxing. Then he fought Oliva where they tackled each other through prison walls, then he one-shot Pickles when he interfered with his fight with his father. And after all that...Yujiro was still significantly stronger. Baki only caught up to him at the very end of their brawl.

To make it easier, compare how Pickles and Yujiro handled Baki's triceratops charge: iirc, Pickles had to rage to handle it, while Yujiro took it without fliching...and note that this is after Baki incorporated the cockroach dash into it, and it became so strong it nearly ripped a car in half after dredging Yujiro's feet across the pavement. Look at Yujiro. Look at his face. He LIKES it.

It was a planet buster according to the official databooks

Translations can vary but that fact was set in stone don't downplay like everyone else

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By thelocust619

@god_vulcan: You misunderstood me, then. I was trying to leave it open to interperetation, including the potential to planet bust, as everyone seems to have different views and he only asked for a description and not a debate.

The reason he asked for the description I presume was over the claims of unbeatability, so I did clarify that even planet busting isn't an example of that. It wasn't to downplay anything or being subjective in any way, but to objectively describe the situation: planet busting is not an example of infinite power.

Avatar image for deathwingterminatort1000
DeathWingTerminatorT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers