Walter C. Dornez vs Alexander Anderson

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

This has multiple scenarios not featured in prior threads (example: none of the older threads showed Walter as a teenager, which is his "prime," essentially - aside from Millennium). Just wanted to point that out.

Condition: To the death.

Normal morals. In round 4, Walter has the same mindset that he did when he fought Alucard.

Round 1. Walter (during WW II) vs pre-Nail Anderson

Round 2. Walter (aged) vs pre-Nail Anderson

Round 3/ Walter (Millennium) vs pre-Nail Anderson

Round 4. Walter (Millennium) vs Helena's Nail Anderson

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

*cough*

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Floopay

@JediXMan said:

This has multiple scenarios not featured in prior threads (example: none of the older threads showed Walter as a teenager, which is his "prime," essentially - aside from Millennium). Just wanted to point that out.

Normal morals. In round 4, Walter has the same mindset that he did when he fought Alucard.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Round 1: Walter

Round 2: Walter

Round 3: Walter

Round 4: Maybe Anderson, but probably Walter

Anderson has nothing in his arsenal that could touch Walter. Walter is on Alucard's level with the Millenium enhancements. Had his body not started failing him, there is a very good possibility he would have won that fight. And World War II Walter may not have been on that same level, but he was pretty dang close.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Floopay:

It seemed to me that Alucard was just playing around the entire time. He implied as such during the latter portion of the fight. The only time he took it remotely seriously was when the Jackal backfired. As he implied, it was just a fight between kids.

Also, wasn't he only at level 1 when he fought Walter? I seem to remember him wearing his level 1 skin, not level 0.

Question, as a fellow fan of Hellsing (though you know more, since I've yet to read the manga): do you think Walter at Millennium level = teenage Walter? Seemed to me that it was implied by Walter that Doc just essentially restored his youth, bringing him back to his prime. Maybe not teenage, since he looked like he was in his 20s-30s, but still. Just curious.

TotalBalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TotalBalance

Round 1. Walter (during WW II) vs pre-Nail Anderson 6/10

Round 2. Walter (aged) vs pre-Nail Anderson 7/10

Round 3/ Walter (Millennium) 8/10 vs pre-Nail Anderson

Round 4. Walter (Millennium) vs Helena's Nail Anderson 6/10

My personal opinion on how it would end up. I do not agree that pre-Millennium Walter is anywhere near Alucard, after he was vampirized he was closer but still not quite Alucard level. Standard Walter would probably get a blessed bayonet in the forehead in most of the other fights and I do not think he is surviving that.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Floopay

@JediXMan said:

@Floopay:

It seemed to me that Alucard was just playing around the entire time. He implied as such during the latter portion of the fight. The only time he took it remotely seriously was when the Jackal backfired. As he implied, it was just a fight between kids.

Also, wasn't he only at level 1 when he fought Walter? I seem to remember him wearing his level 1 skin, not level 0.

Question, as a fellow fan of Hellsing (though you know more, since I've yet to read the manga): do you think Walter at Millennium level = teenage Walter? Seemed to me that it was implied by Walter that Doc just essentially restored his youth, bringing him back to his prime. Maybe not teenage, since he looked like he was in his 20s-30s, but still. Just curious.

I think that is actually a fair assumption. Walter was able to use his wires to survive a fall from a jet plane, and destroy dozens of nazi vampires and while blocking their gun fire in a single maneuver. Over and above this he was tanking shots from the Captain, and doing some damage of his own. And this was 15 year old Walter during World War II.

Alucard was Level 0 when he fought Walter, he simply shapeshifted back to his modern outfit as opposed to his regular Vladimir skin (his original form). Level 0 Alucard has no souls in his body but his own, and it is stated that only two people had the option of actually defeating him while he was in this state, those people were Anderson and Walter.

Once Alucard decides Walter no longer has a chance (when Walter's body starts failing him), he decides to absorb the blood and souls of all those who shed blood on the battlefield during the catastrophe. Alucard level 0 refers to him not having any souls in his body. Though not stated, I believe level 1 is when he is using the abilities and souls trapped within his body.

The reason I believe this is because of all the eyeballs that appear over his body when he goes Level 1, and it's stated through several other forms of media, novels, and etc (though ironically not in Hellsing) that the eyes are the windows to the sould, which is what I believe they were going for with the whole "Alucard covered in eyeballs" thing. With the giant Eyeball at the center of his chest being his own.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Floopay:

Interesting. Okay, that makes sense. The outfit thing kinda threw me a bit. But, then, he was at level 1 when he killed Rip Van Winkle, and he was still in his normal clothes.

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PhantomRant

Can you put a distance, I feel like that can be a game changer for the first scenario and especially the last scenario.

Walter loses the second round and stomps for the third.

TheGirugamesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGirugamesh

1. Probably Walter

2. Anderson

3. Walter

4. Probably Walter.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@PhantomRant said:

Can you put a distance, I feel like that can be a game changer for the first scenario and especially the last scenario.

Walter loses the second round and stomps for the third.

I should have clarified: roughly, fifty meters - about the same distance as when Walter fought Alucard.

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PhantomRant

Ty.

Walter barely beats him on the first scenario

He also takes the fourth scenario.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necrobump because it is a good thread and I wanted to make something similar

Could go either way, leaning towards Walter

Anderson

Walter should stomp.

Walter as soon as he figures out he just needs to cut Anderson's heart

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

only opinion that's changed since 3 years ago is that I think Anderson edges out in the first scenario.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Round 1 & 2 could go either way, I think Anderson would take a majority in round 2 and I'd call round 1 a dead tie.

Round 3 Walter takes, comfortably at that.

Round 4 could again swing either way but I'd vouch for Anderson

KeiKrossKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KeiKrossKira

Round 1. Walter (during WW II) vs pre-Nail Anderson - Walter

Round 2. Walter (aged) vs pre-Nail Anderson - Anderson

Round 3/ Walter (Millennium) vs pre-Nail Anderson - Walter

Round 4. Walter (Millennium) vs Helena's Nail Anderson - Can't decide could go either way to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1. Walter (during WW II) vs pre-Nail Anderson - WW2 Walter has next to no feats aside from fodderising fodder. So Anderson

Round 2. Walter (aged) vs pre-Nail Anderson - Anderson

Round 3/ Walter (Millennium) vs pre-Nail Anderson - Walter should easily stomp

Round 4. Walter (Millennium) vs Helena's Nail Anderson - Walter is more impressive. Anderson isn't tanking getting sliced into cubes.

sakanjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sakanjo

@keikrosskira: @decaf_wizard: @leo-343: @jedixman: @cpt_nice: @floopay: @phantomrant: @pateuvasiliu: @sirfizzwhizz:

So how is Walter going to overcome a massive swarm of holy vines that even an enraged Alucard can’t deal by himself? Alucard had to summon his remaining familiars and use them as a defense barrier against Anderson’s vines. They were so deadly that they vaporized many of Alucard’s familiars in a few seconds. Alucard can’t even let them touch him and had to resort to using MANY sacrifices who would take the damage and make an opening for Alucard to leap through so he can have a clear shot at killing Anderson. And even then we see that Alucard had to muster all of his strength for a single chance to kill him, as he was sweating, shouting, and bleeding as he made a desperate, all-out, suicidal attack on Anderson.

http://mangaseeonline.net/read-online/Hellsing-chapter-69-page-21.html

http://mangaseeonline.net/read-online/Hellsing-chapter-69-page-22.html

Walter never pushed Alucard nearly that hard as Anderson did, and he still lost to Alucard whereas Alu narrowly beat Andy. Heck, Walter never fought against any of Alucard’s familiars to be used as a resource and still lost. On the other hand, Anderson roasted millions of them with a single blow to Alucard’s head and nearly killed Alucard before Seras interfered. Andy also succeeding in killing all of Alu’s ghouls and forced him to use an uncharacteristic level of strength that he never displayed against Walter. Anderson is also faster because Alucard was helplessly speedblitzed before he could even fire his gun. His regeneration and durability are top-tier as he took dozens of Jackal + Casull bullets and healed from all of it. He also stop the Jackal with his vines. Walter went down in one hit and just simple regen took a toll on his body and he never even dealt with the jackal.

It is clear by feats that Walter is not on Anderson’s level. Therefore, since the vines outnumber Walter’s wires greatly, the Helena vines will simply overwhelm Walter through sheer numbers and kill him. Either that or he can just spam bayonets that Alucard couldn't handle even one.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old ass thread. Anyway I'd go with Anderson. I always figured Anderson would own Walter if he beat Alucard but survived somehow.

Observer25O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Observer25O

@jedixman said:

Round 1: Walter (during WWII) vs pre-nail Anderson

Round 1 will go to Walter because in Hellsing the Dawn, which floopay mentions, Walter was able to use his wires to survive a fall from a jet plane while simultaneously carrying Alucard's coffin (which has an unknown weight). He's fast enough at the age of 15 to dodge bullet fire/block bullet fire and slice them all the soldiers firing at him apart before they could react as evidenced by Hellsing the Dawn chapter 3.

With this knowledge in mind, and that Anderson's bayonets can be shot down or broken apart by gunfire (which ergo cannot pierce through Walter's wires), then WWII Walter will win the first round, because while Anderson is fast in his own right, he has no defenses whatsoever from being gripped by Walter's wires. Not to mention how this young Walter can control where the wires go, and grip whatever he wants:

No Caption Provided

So round 1 goes in favour of Walter.

Round 2: Walter (aged) vs pre-nail Anderson

While Walter might be aged here, and his visual sight have degraded slightly, he is still by no means any less powerful then he was as child. As evidenced by the confrontation at the Hellsing Mansion against Jan Valentine and his army of ghouls, while he can't control his wires around corners as much as he used to be able to (he aimed to killed Jan, but completely missed and got a ghoul instead), he's still fast enough to dodge automatic gunfire and grip his wires accordingly.

And not to mention how in OVA 5 (I can't find a manga correspondent, so I assume this is OVA only) Walter tore off a vampire traitor's arm, blocked all their gunfire with his wires (which didn't appear to form the mesh like shield we see him use against Alucard) and then kill them in several swoops of his hands (without moving any significant distance from his position), without the slighest sign of difficulty or effort (he's really casual here). Scene is at 15:30 - 16:10

Loading Video...

Now the authenticity of this particular instance isn't really called into question since the writer of the manga was head producer (thus having direct control of the story and its production), and chose all the (Japanese) voice actors. So it's safe to assume, that this example of Walter's aged state can be used here.

Once again, the victory goes to Walter, because Anderson just does not have any defenses against Walter's wires. If Walter's wires can block and deflect gunfire (which Walter is more then capable of dodging without his wires), which is smaller then Anderson's Bayonets, then Walter will win because Anderson won't be able to touch him.

Round 2 goes in Walter's (aged) favour.

Round 3: Walter (Millennium) vs pre-nail Anderson.

Utter slaughter in Walter's favour. No one needs any proof to agree with that. There is no absolutely no chance of Anderson surviving long enough for Walter's vampire body weakness to take effect.

Round 4: Walter (Millennium) vs Helena's Nail Anderson

Now things start to get interesting. Helena's Nail Anderson now has regeneration that matches Alucard's, who was more then capable of regenerating from Walter's wires tearing his limbs apart and his speed has been greatly enhanced as evidenced by OVA 8 (skip to 9:10 in the below video) and chapter 67 of the manga (where he sliced off Alucard's arm and head before he even could react) and OVA 9 (31:00 onwards) and chapter 77 of the manga.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

So now the question becomes, can Anderson last long enough against Walter before his vampire body degenerates to the point of no danger? Can Anderson manage to touch Walter with his bayonets or thorns and thus reduce him to ash with his holy fire? Is Anderson's Helena's Nail bayonets able to pierce through Walter's wire/mesh shields, which is something even the Casull (or Jackal, it isn't clear which gun he used in that sequence) couldn't do? Can Walter recognise that Helena's Nail must be removed and then remove it much like he did with the Soldier's lighter, or slice Anderson apart enough to do it without interference from Anderson's vines, much like he did with Alucard's body (although in that instance, it was Luke Valentine's body)? Will Anderson be able to get close with his bayonets if Walter can use his wires to just cartwheel him around whenever he wants?

Well, unlike Alucard, Anderson has a critical weakness: The Helena's Nail. And since Walter (Millennium) is at his peak in terms of speed, ability and versatility with his wires, then the most logical outcome is that Anderson will ultimately lose. He won't be able to get close to Walter, let alone manage to stab him with his bayonet (enhanced with holy fire). Will he last long enough so Walter's body degrades? Unfortunately not because Walter will have no qualms with killing Anderson immediately like he did with Yumie, because his ultimate target is Alucard. He'll suffer no one standing in his way.

The holy fire protruding from the vines can do an omni-directional attack, but Walter has been shown to operate his wires from any height or distance from the target, so he can simply jump out of the wire, or erect a wire/mesh shield.

Walter will recognize that removing Helena's Nail will ensure his victory so he'll do without remorse or hesitation.

Round 4: Walter (Millennium) wins

Conclusion/Summary:

Walter wins all rounds.

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PhantomRant

@observer25o:

Round 1: Well actually he didn’t use the wires to block the bullets. He just dodged them and then used the table to defend himself. Anderson’s bayonets can crack hardened glass which is a better cutting feat than anything Walter’s shown while human (which is ripping body armor). I think Anderson would overwhelm Walter by spamming bayonets at him which he can telekinetically control. Anderson has superior fighting speed and experience, so he should be able to have the bayonets loop through openings in his wishes and attack Walter directly.

Round 2: Err… I think you’re mistaken here. Hirano was not the head producer and had no control over the script or animation at any point during Hellsing Ultimate’s run. It’s a filler that Walter blocked the gunfire, and again Anderson throws bayonets with superior cutting feats from all angles and he’s against an inferior Walter compared to his teenage years stat-wise. Back in Volume III, Alucard also implied that Walter could not handle Anderson and I will get you the chapter link.

Round 3: No disagreement here.

Round 4: The critical weakness isn’t Helena’s Nail actually, but Anderson’s heart. The same applies for Alucard, Walter, and everybody else in the series (except for Schrodinger). Walter has way more weaknesses in comparison. Anderson sliced off Alucard’s head before he could pull the trigger and also blitzed him from 10 meters up in the air, taking him down in one blow. How is Walter faster or equal to Anderson in fighting speed?

About the swarm of vines that Anderson can send, remember that there are far more vines than there are wires. Walter’s wires are very thin, and there are a lot of gaps where he can’t erect mesh shields, as one of your scans show. These are spaces which the vines can seep through. And since the wires are so thin and the vines are far more numerous, there will be some vines that he just cannot slice. These vines would continue on and tag Walter. And if they tag Walter, he’s done for. He will be damaged, his regen will kick in, forcing him to regress to a younger state.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Walter takes 1,3,4. Anderson takes 2

Observer25O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Well actually he didn’t use the wires to block the bullets. He just dodged them and then used the table to defend himself. I think Anderson would overwhelm Walter by spamming bayonets at him which he can telekinetically control. Anderson has superior fighting speed and experience, so he should be able to have the bayonets loop through openings in his wishes and attack Walter directly.

Oh? I didn't see that he used the table (I was skim reading) my apologises for that misunderstanding. Given that Anderson has absolutely no defenses against Walter's wires, and his flesh is not as dense as the Captains (the only flesh in the entire series that it didn't cut through) then for me Walter will take round 1, regardless of experience or Anderson's bayonet speed. (Walter is a natural super-soldier in its own right, without any nanotechnology enhancing him like Anderson).

Round 2: Err… I think you’re mistaken here. Hirano was not the head producer and had no control over the script or animation at any point during Hellsing Ultimate’s run

My apologises. I must of read a trivia point on another thread or article and it registered in the back of my mind as something true.

It’s a filler that Walter blocked the gunfire

I am aware that it was filler, hence why I addressed the authenticity (which is now conclusively false, if we're going manga canon).

Anderson throws bayonets with superior cutting feats from all angles and he’s against an inferior Walter compared to his teenage years stat-wise.

How is Walter (aged) inferior to his teenage self stat wise. Granted his visual sight degraded slightly, but his versatility and speed is by no means hampered as evidenced by my page link of him dodging automatic fire. Again, while Anderson has his bayonets (and I agree with you that he can throw them from a variety of angles), he has absolutely no defense against Walter's wires. Absolutely none.

Back in Volume III, Alucard also implied that Walter could not handle Anderson and I will get you the chapter link.

Really? My translated pages (it really depends on which one you have) made no such implication.

The critical weakness isn’t Helena’s Nail actually, but Anderson’s heart.

That was I was referring to

Walter has way more weaknesses in comparison. Anderson sliced off Alucard’s head before he could pull the trigger and also blitzed him from 10 meters up in the air, taking him down in one blow.

I already addressed this. If Anderson can get close enough then he will be able to kill Walter, but because of Walter's wires, he will not be able to get close enough to do so. Yes he sliced off Alucard's head, but Alucard wasn't and it was point blank range. Walter will not be foolish enough to allow Anderson close to him (and even if he did, it'll be in pieces).

How is Walter faster or equal to Anderson in fighting speed?

One word: Wires

About the swarm of vines that Anderson can send, remember that there are far more vines than there are wires.

How can you prove that? There is legitimately no proof whatsoever as to how many wires or vines either Walter or Anderson have.

as one of your scans show.

Which one? Oh you mean the fifth one? Considering that those mesh shields are for specific projectiles (namely, Alucard's bullets) then of course there'll be gaps. He's not surrounding himself in a total mesh shield, but small mesh shields to block bullets.

These are spaces which the vines can seep through

If Walter is foolish enough to stand still and let Anderson's vines do that then I have no problem with him losing

And since the wires are so thin and the vines are far more numerous, there will be some vines that he just cannot slice

As I mentioned before, there is absolutely no way of proving which is more numerous then then other. Since Walter's wires have clearly been shown to slice through multiple targets with one wire then it stands to reason that Walter's wires can and will cut through Anderson's vines.

These vines would continue on and tag Walter. And if they tag Walter, he’s done for. He will be damaged, his regen will kick in, forcing him to regress to a younger state.

I agree with your point here, since I've already addressed it in my original post that if Anderson were to get close enough then Walter would lose. But since this is Walter we're talking about, he won't be foolish enough to allow Anderson to such a thing, hence why Walter (Millennium) will win round 4.

Aurelion-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

human anderson vs human walter

I think this could go either way, but slightly leaning to Anderson. Both can potentially one-shot the other, Anderson can't regenerate from his limbs being lopped off by the wires. They're comparable in terms of range, accuracy, and versatility Anderson maybe a little faster so he can land the first hit. He's also got exploding bayonets. He's more durable which makes him a fighting machine but the diff. isn't big as Walter took 3 punches from the Captain before ramming him in the head. Anderson was Alucard's rival for a reason.

nail anderson vs vampire walter

I think walter will win. Anderson was killed by one strike from Alucard, and Walter ragdolled that Alucard into skyscrapers and just kept on mutilating him throughout their fight with wires moving faster than he can react. Both can one-shot the other like above, the winner goes to who's more powerful and faster. Walter's more powerful because he can cut down buildings, and faster because of him blitzing alucard and weaving hundred wires in a split second into mesh shields while Alucard was shooting bullets at him. I don't think anderson's regeneration is going to be useful because one hit to the heart and he dies, and walter knows that's the weakness of monsters.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Walter.

Lsoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Anderson has more of a chance than people think he does. He definitely wins round 4 in my opinion and the other rounds could go either way.