To those who aren't familiar

Orion = Superman in strength

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm trying to make the battle threads a little bit more interesting by actually posting feats, something most people seemed to have just stopped doing...

Right now I'm voting on Flash thanks to the following:

Here's Wally stomping Mongul:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And here's Wally one-shotting a White Martian:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Do better!

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Orion since Wally is in-character.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rudolph

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dunno. I don't do speedsters so ...

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Incap via speed steal.

I don't believe Wally can knock out Orion.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Incap via speed steal.

Mr0Mister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Incap via speed steal.

He knocked out a white martian with one punch. I think he has what it takes.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve said:

Incap via speed steal.

Apparently J'onn knocked out several with one shot each. They aren't that special. Orion's taken shots from characters that hit harder than Wally.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Bumper Stickers.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr0mister said:
@Pokeysteve said:

Incap via speed steal.

Apparently J'onn knocked out several with one shot each. They aren't that special. Orion's taken shots from characters that hit harder than Wally.

He did that with a sucker blitz while moving at significant speeds. There's honestly not that much distinguishing the capabilities of White Martian's from J'onn.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve said:
@mr0mister said:
@Pokeysteve said:

Incap via speed steal.

He did that with a sucker blitz while moving at significant speeds. There's honestly not that much distinguishing the capabilities of White Martian's from J'onn.

Haha so did Wally!

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha so did Wally!

Not really. They were fighting for a while at that point and Zum even saw him before the punch hit.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve said:

Haha so did Wally!

Not really. They were fighting for a while at that point and Zum even saw him before the punch hit.

It doesn't matter either way. All being prepared for a punch lets you do is gives you time to move with the punch. Zum probably wasn't able to react fast enough to move with the punch (since Wally is so much faster). If he could have moved with the punch he would have likely used his shape shifting.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sy8000

@jashro44: That wouldn't change his durability or that Wally overpowered it in a more combat applicable manner than J'onn.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: That wouldn't change his durability or that Wally overpowered it in a more combat applicable manner than J'onn.

The original point of the argument was that J'onn one shotted white martians. Your brought up it was a sucker punch and that Wally's attack was not. I am saying it doesn't matter since the white martian couldn't react fast enough to move with the punch so J'onn one shotting white martians isn't different from Wally one shotting them. Either white martians aren't that durable or we believe that flash actually can hit with the force of a white dwarf star and J'onn can theoretically hit with similar levels of force since he generated similar results (minus sending them into orbit but that isn't a big deal for power houses really).

TG_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash for sure

devinwifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orion is nearly as powerful as Superman, but I believe his speed is all there. I'll go with Wally until someone brings some Orion feats.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@highaccuser said:

The original point of the argument was that J'onn one shotted white martians. Your brought up it was a sucker punch and that Wally's attack was not. I am saying it doesn't matter since the white martian couldn't react fast enough to move with the punch so J'onn one shotting white martians isn't different from Wally one shotting them. Either white martians aren't that durable or we believe that flash actually can hit with the force of a white dwarf star and J'onn can theoretically hit with similar levels of force since he generated similar results (minus sending them into orbit but that isn't a big deal for power houses really).

You can also tighten muscles and considering Zum had been fighting Wally for a whole issue that was the case. Sucker shots are treated as a bigger deal in comics than they realistically should be with Guy one-shotting Martian Manhunter or Wonder Man one-shotting Thor.

My point overall though is it's hard to justify White Martians being weaker than J'onn based on that.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

You can also tighten muscles and considering Zum had been fighting Wally for a whole issue that was the case.

That only helps when you get punched in the abs and such. It doesn't do you much good when punched in the face.

Sucker shots are treated as a bigger deal in comics than they realistically should be with Guy one-shotting Martian Manhunter or Wonder Man one-shotting Thor.

Well yes characters like J'onn can move with hits when they are prepared....Other than that did Guy actually state the only reason he one shotted martian manhunter was because of a cheap shot? And wonder man never one shotted thor. He knocked Thor down for like a second.

My point overall though is it's hard to justify White Martians being weaker than J'onn based on that.

I'm just saying J'onn's feat is just as legit as Wally's.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

That only helps when you get punched in the abs and such. It doesn't do you much good when punched in the face.

Zum's face still has durability regardless of being a sucker shot while J'onn went for their torsos (or that general area).

Well yes characters like J'onn can move with hits when they are prepared....Other than that did Guy actually state the only reason he one shotted martian manhunter was because of a cheap shot? And wonder man never one shotted thor. He knocked Thor down for like a second.

It was never stated a cheap shot is what gave Guy the advantage but considering their respective feats it makes no sense for Guy to be blowing through someone as powerful as J'onn. Fair enough on Wonder Man but his hits shouldn't even make Thor budge logically. There's also Captain Marvel two-shotting Superman with the element of surprise (and yeah magic helped but that hasn't stopped Superman from going toe-to-toe with Billy regardless).

I'm just saying J'onn's feat is just as legit as Wally's.

I don't really think so but even if it is the level of force Wally was confirmed to be hitting with their is above what J'onn showed. Anyway isn't this getting somewhat off-topic?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

It was never stated a cheap shot is what gave Guy the advantage but considering their respective feats it makes no sense for Guy to be blowing through someone as powerful as J'onn. Fair enough on Wonder Man but his hits shouldn't even make Thor budge logically. There's also Captain Marvel two-shotting Superman with the element of surprise (and yeah magic helped but that hasn't stopped Superman from going toe-to-toe with Billy regardless).

Your example with captain marvel and guy could just be inconsistencies.

I don't really think so but even if it is the level of force Wally was confirmed to be hitting with their is above what J'onn showed.

If you believe in the white dwarf star comment maybe.

Anyway isn't this getting somewhat off-topic?

Not really. We are talking about one of Wally's feats and people can use the info from the discussion to decide if Wally can knock out Orion.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:

Your example with captain marvel and guy could just be inconsistencies.

But then there'd be consistencies in the nature of the inconsistencies.

Not really. We are talking about one of Wally's feats and people can use the info from the discussion to decide if Wally can knock out Orion.

Considering Orion struggled with knocking out a White Martian even after he lit himself on fire I think it's pretty clear they're on that durability level. The way in which Wally knocked out a White Martian is one that could still be replicated here.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days:

Wally's potential to do damage is frightening while Orion's durability is truly legit. I do wonder though: Would Orion be able to erect his force fields fast enough to augment said durability to repel/overcome The Flash's worst offensive options?

This is a hard one for me 'cause I love both of these guys... Drat.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Orion