Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#101  Edited By SpidermanWins

@batkevin74 said:

@SpidermanWins said:

Voldemort, as one man, can take on all these X-Men. Could go either way. Reminds me of their good ol' battles with Magneto.

I agree, just need Jim Lee to draw it :)

heh, yeah

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided
clownrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By clownrus

A lot of people are continuing to say the X-men's strategy once entering the Great Hall, but Voldemort would also have a strategy in place for when they entered the room. He could cover himself in invisible shields and barriers that none of them would be able to break through. Also, Voldemort possess magical spells that have not even been shown before. it is stated that the magic he is capable of performing is too powerful for anyone to even comprehend what he does. Nearly anything that the X-men are capable of doing, he can do, he doesn't even need his wand to cast most spells, and he doesn't need to say anything in order to cast them, they just do that in the movie so that the viewers know what he's doing.

So the strategy of having Cyclops aim for his wand to distract him most likely would not work, because Voldemort would either have a shield in place to block that, or he could just get away from it. Also with spells like the killing curse, it does not matter on the physical being of the person, it is not meant to hurt, it removes the soul from their body, instantly. It is impossible to survive it, no matter what form any of the X-men go into, underneath their mutant powers they remain still human, and that makes them just as vulnerable to those kinds of spells as anyone. Voldemort is a master tactician, he plans things years in advance and would have this battle mapped out for so long, that he'd most likely leave one of them alive for further torture to the remaining X-men. Also, they have no idea of how to destroy any of the horcuxes, and don't have any of them, they can't kill him or incapacitate him in any way. No matter what they do to him, he will not die and he can just get right back up and continue fighting, but then again it'd be nearly impossible for any of them to get within range of him to even knock him down.

clownrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By clownrus

Also keep in mind that Voldemort has Nagini, his pet snake who is surprisingly durable and powerful, it ate an entire human body in just a couple seconds.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By jojjimbo

X-men win.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By batkevin74

Okay if Voldemort has knowledge on the X-Men, which according to the battle brief he has, then this is all one giant trap for the X-Men. Add to the fact Emma's got a spooky ring that makes her...well not 100% Emma anyways and old no-nose may just take this!

He's obviously chosen the location, he's put the whammy-jammy ring on Emma, his pet snake is with him plus his magic wand. I know a little more about this freak and after some minor research into him I can say to the X-Men in the words of Admiral Ackbar "IT'S A TRAP!"

Only a Colossus/Nightcrawler fastball special can probably win this for the mutants: Kurt & Peter teleport above Voldemort, Peter turns to metal and drops down on Voldemort squashing him to paste!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#107  Edited By Saren

Has anyone here clearly defined exactly what effect the ring will have on Emma? Apart from her "not being at 100%"?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#108  Edited By Strider1992

@CitizenBane: Yes I did explain what it did earlier. Imagine Rogue in ring form but not quite as powerful; it drains you of your energy the longer you wear it and can also make you hallucinate.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#109  Edited By Saren

@Strider92 said:

@CitizenBane: Yes I did explain what it did earlier. Imagine Rogue in ring form but not quite as powerful; it drains you of your energy the longer you wear it and can also make you hallucinate.

To what extent is Emma's energy drained? To the point where she cannot muster up the strength to use telepathy? Or can she still use telepathy? I get that it drains you of energy, but at what precise level is Emma at in this scenario? Weakened but still functioning? Barely functioning? Functioning but gradually reducing?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#110  Edited By Strider1992

@CitizenBane: Weakened and I wouldn't think she would be able to use sustained telepathy for very long.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111  Edited By Ferro Vida

Nightcrawler teleports the wand out of his hand. Sure, he can still do magic, but he seriously weakens him.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Jezer

@Ferro Vida said:

Nightcrawler teleports the wand out of his hand. Sure, he can still do magic, but he seriously weakens him.

Why do you think it would be that easy and simply? I mean, wizards can teleport too, yet none of them have managed to beat him by simplying teleporting "the wand out of his hand.".

Furthermore, even a basic Hogwarts student knows "Accio ect." which is wandless magic they use to bring things to their hands. Last, if Voldemort is flying in shadowy-smoke form, it's going to be kinda hard for Nightcrawler to accurately grab his wand.

I agree that the X-men probably would win, but I find alot of the arguments for them severely lacking. (well, I find the arguments for Voldemort lacking as well)

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#113  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Jezer: That's because it wasn't a serious argument...
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By RoyalDivinity

I love how everyone forgets that Voldemort is one of the best Legilimens in the HP universe, he can and will see into the minds of any of the X-Men, including Emma under this scenario due to her weakened state, and he will know when and what move they're going to make.

@CitizenBane said:

Has anyone here clearly defined exactly what effect the ring will have on Emma? Apart from her "not being at 100%"?

It can kill her, I'm still unsure if it will however. Its effects was stated to have Dumbledore dead within a year (Snape prolonged it TO a year however by containing the curse within his right hand though), and Dumbledore is the most powerful wizard in the HP universe yet, he'd have died in much less than a year without Snape. Additional effects include possession, drawing out negative emotions, and weakening the victim.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Jezer

Is Dumbledore the most powerful wizard in the HP universe? I mean, even with the Elder Wand, he stalemated Voldemort in the Order of the Phoenix.

Either way, I don't think being the best Legilimens necessarily puts him above Emma even in these conditions. Simply claiming it goes no way in proving that claim.

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#116  Edited By Belladonna

@Jezer said:

Is Dumbledore the most powerful wizard in the HP universe? I mean, even with the Elder Wand, he stalemated Voldemort in the Order of the Phoenix.

Either way, I don't think being the best Legilimens necessarily puts him above Emma even in these conditions. Simply claiming it goes no way in proving that claim.

Unless it provides him full telepathic protection. Since he's up against a comic character where the term telepathy expands from it's broad narrow definition to the point where a telepath in comic can attack, control, shield, and manipulate a person's mind. Though who ever is knowledgeable in Voldemort, should come up with the stance as to if he is or not.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@Jezer said:

Dumbledore's older so thus, his reaction is slower in his old age, stated it several times in Half Blood Prince. It's also possible that he's weaker due to his old age. Also add in the fact that Voldemort has pushed the limits of magic in the HP universe and he utilizes the darkest magic possible, it's somewhat of an impressive feat for both Dumbledore and Voldemort.

Legilimency is a technique I'm sure you're familiar with. Does Emma, as powerful as she is, under this scenario, capable of blocking out her thoughts or the entire team's mind from Voldemort? It's a magical technique that if one doesn't possess occlumency, cannot block it out, even with willpower. However it's unknown if telepathic powers can even block it out at all. Add in the fact that she's weakened severely under this scenario, it's still speculation at best anyway you see it but with Voldemort's legilimency topping over Emma's telepathy.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Jezer

@Charmix said:

@Jezer said:

Unless it provides him full telepathic protection. Since he's up against a comic character where the term telepathy expands from it's broad narrow definition to the point where a telepath in comic can attack, control, shield, and manipulate a person's mind. Though who ever is knowledgeable in Voldemort, should come up with the stance as to if he is or not.

There was nothing in the series that would suggest it would provide him telepathic protection when the biggest extant that they used telepathy in HP was Voldemort possessing Harry(if that counts) or Voldemort tricking Harry with images into coming to that mysterious department in the ministry(if that counts).

For all his hype, Voldemort's legilimens wasn't strong enough to bypass Snape's mental defenses - and see through his lies. Therefore, instead of speculating that maybe Snape's telepathy was just too pro... we can assume that Voldemort's simply isn't as unbeatable as to stand up to a marvel character with a larger and higher range of telepathic feats. Who's main power is telepathy.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Jezer

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Jezer said:

Dumbledore's older so thus, his reaction is slower in his old age, stated it several times in Half Blood Prince. It's also possible that he's weaker due to his old age. Also add in the fact that Voldemort has pushed the limits of magic in the HP universe and he utilizes the darkest magic possible, it's somewhat of an impressive feat for both Dumbledore and Voldemort.

Legilimency is a technique I'm sure you're familiar with. Does Emma, as powerful as she is, under this scenario, capable of blocking out her thoughts or the entire team's mind from Voldemort? It's a magical technique that if one doesn't possess occlumency, cannot block it out, even with willpower. However it's unknown if telepathic powers can even block it out at all. Add in the fact that she's weakened severely under this scenario, it's still speculation at best anyway you see it but with Voldemort's legilimency topping over Emma's telepathy.

Even having slower reaction, he was fast enough to match spell for spell with Voldemort. If he was truly a stronger wizard(in a magic sense), wouldn't he have used spells that would overcome Voldemorts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UunqBAHBDo8

The first magical spell they're both using is stalemating each other.

Do you mean powerful literally or do you mean most skilled?

Occlumency, however, isn't a magical technique. But a state of mind.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Occlumency

That involves making it blank and empty, according to the wiki's review of the lessons Snape gave Harry. There's no spells spoken. Furthermore, the wiki states

"It requires a great deal of will power, as with resisting the Imperius Curse, as well as a high degree of mental and emotional discipline.". So they could possibly block it since blocking it involves willpower. However, unless the mental defense they've all standardly been trained in involves this(clearing one's mind, repressing emotions), they won't be able to because they wouldn't know how.

Nonetheless, Legilimency/Occlumency doesn't involve any techniques that imply that Voldemort wouldn't be susceptible to mental bolts. And, unless there's been a previous situation where Emma was too weak to muster a mental bolt, there's nothing suggesting that the ring weakening her would prevent her. Oh, and of course there's no way to know how much the ring would actually weaken her in the first place.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Mooty_Pass

the x-men cyclops will distract him with his optic blast then come storm blast him with lightning then colossus uses him as a ping pong ball throws him to rouge and kitty and they play soccer with him and all the x-men laugh and drinking lemonade lol

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@Jezer:

In the movie yes, however the fight in the book and nonstop remarks depicting Dumbledores drop in reaction speed defines his skills currently before his time of death.

As for the Emma comment, what's to prove that Emma wouldn't be greatly weakened by the ring in the first place? She possesses no magical powers nor defenses and telepathy only goes so far. I highly doubt a power telepathy grants is immunity to magical curses and possession. Possession is also notably different from mind control.

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Belladonna

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Jezer:

In the movie yes, however the fight in the book and nonstop remarks depicting Dumbledores drop in reaction speed defines his skills currently before his time of death.

As for the Emma comment, what's to prove that Emma wouldn't be greatly weakened by the ring in the first place? She possesses no magical powers nor defenses and telepathy only goes so far. I highly doubt a power telepathy grants is immunity to magical curses and possession. Possession is also notably different from mind control.

Possession out rights controls the person and their body, causing them after the incident not to remember what happens. While mind control controls the person but their consciousness is still active and is still able to know what happens later. But they have no control over their self. This was explained somewhere, in the X-Men vs. Paranormal Demon thingy.....

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@Charmix:

I know the concepts of what possession and mind control, thank you.

I've also stated that Doom can shrug off mind control with his willpower and yet, he could not resist possession from Voodoo.

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Belladonna

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Charmix:

I know the concepts of what possession and mind control, thank you.

I've also stated that Doom can shrug off mind control with his willpower and yet, he could not resist possession from Voodoo.

I was helping to define it for whom you were replying it too.....

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By jeanroygrant

X-men

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Jezer

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Jezer:

Regardless of that, his raw magical power should be enough to overcome Voldemort's spells if he was the greatest wizard. In my opinion.

Oh, you're the OP. Since it's all speculation, you should actually go back and specify how weak Emma is in the situation due to the ring. How much of a handicap you wanted it to be, since there's no point in us guessing how she will be.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@Jezer:

Regardless of that, his raw magical power should be enough to overcome Voldemort's spells if he was the greatest wizard. In my opinion.

Dumbledore is without a doubt, more powerful but Voldemort also utilizes dark magic to exceed anything any wizard or witch can do without the dark arts. It's like a match where one person is fighting by the rules and the other is fighting dirty and using weapons.

As for the Horcrux, she's in a situation where she has to consistently fight off possession but she's also cursed and therefore, ill. To make matters shorter, remember what the surgeons do to patients with gas to make them fall asleep? It feels as if she's just woken up after the surgery but it's prolonged here for the entire duration of the fight.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By batkevin74

Still say X-Men

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#129  Edited By Veitha

Many X-Men could solo: Emma, Storm, Colossus, Storm and even Kitty could damage him doing the same thing she did to WWH. Emma could remain in her diamond form during the week she wears the ring: it has only been able to hurt flesh or organic matter(yeah, diamond is organic but even Wither couldn't hurt her) and she's got telepathic immunity while she's made of diamond, so the ring wouldn't even effect her mind.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Imperius_Rex

What is that thing Emma is wearing?? Does voldomort have TK resistance? I think colossus can solo unless voldomort can melt him?? Can he defend against an optic blast? I don't think so but maybe?? What's to stop Kurt from bamfing behind him and cracking his neck? A few of these x men can solo if theyre quicker on the draw. So... I say x men.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#131  Edited By leonkarlen123

With the elder wand i can see him taking out most of the team. But i do not think he can take them all at the same time. Emma and Colossus will be tough. But nothing a killing curse can't handle.

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats with the bumping of voldermort thread lately. first voldermort vs loki, now its voldermort vs the x-men, next he'll have a guantlet to run.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

voldermort can kill anyone with one move.

many xmen one shot voldermort too .

now add in speed , AOE, Physic powers we have a stomp

Zxzzxzzxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AK gg dead x-men

Ajak_XV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn’t fair

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma solos

Zxxxxcxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Zxxxxcxs

This is a mismatch in Voldemort favor he can solo the verse all he has to do is spam AK spell on all X-Men and they're dead and since AK ignores durability it doesn't matter how powerful the X-Men team are they can be multiversal and it doesn't matter since all it takes is one spell that ignore durability since AK works perfectly equal dead X-Men. Voldemort solo the verse add Beyonder and Lucifer and Voldemort still neg. Voldemort solo the barely street tier verse

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is Voldemorts mental defense feats?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightcrawler solos...

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

X-Men stomp.

Even if they can't kill him because of the Horcruxes, they can still easily KO him or incap him

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue blitzes

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a reason why Emma doesn't Solo?

calclord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao, X-Men curbstomp.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops oneshots

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Angel in Archangel form? If so then he blitz stomps.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the Horcrux really going to be a problem for Emma?

A 1/7 piece of Voldermorts spyl that she's going to have a week to have already dealt with?

With the cosmic entities and beings Emma has dealt with, wont be surprised is she completely stomped it and made it her pet.

Also, Rogue has AoE lifeforce draining and shes learned to focus it on people she wants to target, so Voldermort will be losing lifeforce just from being in her presence. And for someone who's already split up his soul and died many times, i don't think thats a good thing.

Not to mention kitty here with intangibility and Colossus with resistance to magic in his metal form (which rogue can also borrow, in addition to emmas tp and kittys intangibility)

Cyclops and gambit just need to try to keep Voldy offbalance