RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RoyalDivinity

Conditions

- The X-Men possesses full knowledge on Voldemort's magical spells (Imperious Curse, Cruciatus Curse, and Avada Kadavra) in addition to his six Horcruxes (Harry isn't a Horcrux in this fight... because he isn't in the fight) and their location.

- Voldemort possesses knowledge on the team's powers.

- Voldemort is in possession of the Elder Wand (The Elder Wand is loyal to Voldemort here) and is accompanied by Nagani.

- The X-Men team composes of: Cyclops, Emma Frost (She has been wearing Marvolo Gaunt's ring for a week), Wolverine, Beast, Angel, Kitty Pryde, Gambit (Equipped with his staff and a deck of cards), Nightcrawler, Rogue, and Colossus (Not the current version).

- Personality, character, and morality on.

- Win by any means necessary excluding bfr.

Fight takes place in an abandoned Hogwarts, starts in the Main Hall. Voldemort is sitting in the middle chair at the end, the X-Men starts out from your point of view.

vs

Who wins?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jeanroygrant

X-men

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

Emma Frost shuts down his brain and then the remaining x-men kick the catatonic wizard to paste. Colossus gives Voldie's wand to his sister Illyana

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@batkevin74 said:

Emma Frost shuts down his brain and then the remaining x-men kick the catatonic wizard to paste. Colossus gives Voldie's wand to his sister Illyana

I really doubt that's happening here.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EnSabahNurX

x-men win

all you need is the x-men to a full on assault and have kitty sneaky up from the ground with rogue, have rogue grab his leg with her bare hands and kitty can phase from behind him and snatch his wand

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@EnSabahNurX said:

x-men win

all you need is the x-men to a full on assault and have kitty sneaky up from the ground with rogue, have rogue grab his leg with her bare hands and kitty can phase from behind him and snatch his wand

That's assuming if they can survive a battle with Voldemort which is very unlikely as Voldemort's powers exceeds that of the entirety of the team, too much for a direct assault.

Voldemort can preform magic without his wand by the way.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By nickthedevil

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@EnSabahNurX said:

x-men win

That's assuming if they can survive a battle with Voldemort which is very unlikely as Voldemort's powers exceeds that of the entirety of the team, too much for a direct assault.

Voldemort can preform magic without his wand by the way.

Colossus' Steel form Negates Magic on his person.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74

Honestly I haven't watched, seen, read or even like the Harry Potter world so aside from being a No-Nose wizard played by one of the Fiennes brothers, I really don't know what Voldemort can actually do. But what I do know is he CAN'T KILL a teenager so against the X-Men I feel Voldemort is toast with or without his fairy wand

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By nickthedevil

Colossus' Metal form negates magic affecting him. so Colossus walks right up to him and socs him in the nose... oh. wait....

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By nefarious

I suppose Storm can solo.

Avatar image for daddy_cool_dude
Daddy_Cool_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Daddy_Cool_Dude

Colossus is magic-resistant, death spell would likely to be diminished to injuring spell. Cyclops can delivers nearly inescapable ranged attack when visor off. Emma Frost can possibly paralyzed him.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spartan92

@batkevin74 said:

Honestly I haven't watched, seen, read or even like the Harry Potter world so aside from being a No-Nose wizard played by one of the Fiennes brothers, I really don't know what Voldemort can actually do. But what I do know is he CAN'T KILL a teenager so against the X-Men I feel Voldemort is toast with or without his fairy wand

SPOILERS !!!!!!!!!

Harry's mother cast a very powerful protection spell on him where she has to die to set the spell so Voldy couldnt harm him.

Voldermort couldnt kill Harry with his wand and harry couldnt kill him either with his wand only injure.

Harry was a Horcrux - * A Horcrux is a powerful object in which a dark wizard or witch has hidden a fragment of his or her soul for the purpose of attaining immortality. Creating one Horcrux gives one the ability to resurrect oneself if the body is destroyed; the more horcruxes one creates, the closer one is to true immortality. *

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By batkevin74

@spartan92: Thanks for the recap!

So Harry is immmune to Voldemort, with a piece of Voldemort lodged in his head aka the scar. So against the X-Men, Voldemort is initially scary and then Emma Frost hits him with telepathic attacks, Cyclops knocks him through a wall, Nightcrawler ports him up into the air, Rogue smashes him down to earth, Colossus smashes him back up into the air, Angel knocks him back down, Beast jumps on him, Kitty phases him into the earth then Gambit puts a pack of charged cards in his mouth. Boom! Then Rogue who has touched Mr No-Nose uses whatever power he had to lock him into a box or safe and the X-Men all head off to play volleyball. The end!

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By HolySerpent

Voldemort stomps. Go invisible, fly, teleport, cast shield spells, instant death spells , can read and control peoples mind. Can block his mind from being read. Only person would be a problem is collossus

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batkevin74

@HolySerpent: Okay so the only things he can do that the X-Men can't is go invisible, create a shield and cast a death spell?

Teleport: Nightcrawler. Telepathy: Emma Frost

Longe Range Death...Cyclops' eye beams

Voldemort wins on the lets go invisible round. X-Men still win I say

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HolySerpent

Shes not going to read his mind, because he's a master in occlumency. Meaning know ones reading his mine

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By batkevin74

@HolySerpent: She's not reading it, she's shutting it down!

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HolySerpent

She's is not doing anything to his mind. Let it go, not mentio he's has the possession ability

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By spartan92

@batkevin74: heres the battle between voldy and dumbledore ( film version )

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By batkevin74

@spartan92 Okay so Voldemort like to pontificate & pose, like most good bad guys. So he & Cyclops get into a "My energy is better than your energy" contest eyebeams vs magic wand. This is where Voldemort loses from this point. The X-Men are a team and do co-ordinated attacks. Voldemort is locked with Cyclops, Colossus charges him. Voldemort drops his wand attack & Cyclops nails him, he doesn't Colossus squashes him. This is while Nightcrawler teleports behind him, Kitty from underneath, Gambit with the cards and Emma smashing his brain with psychic assaults. Still leaving Wolverine, Angel, Beast & Rogue in reserve. Still I say X-Men win

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By Strider1992

@batkevin74: He also forgot to mention he can raise Inferi (Zombies basically) and can also take possession of people(like he did to Harry). So all he really has to do is enter one of the X-men like Cyclops, as he doesn't care who he kills he can just take off Cyclops visor and boom. If any of the X-men survive that (Emma and Colossus most likely will) he can just keep the visor off and keep pummeling them until they die the X-men are held back by their morals, are they really going to kill Cyke if he get's possessed? I doubt it.

Daddy_Cool_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Daddy_Cool_Dude

@Strider92: Mean while, Emma can paralyze Cyclops or telepathically exorcise possessed Cyclops. Wolverine can also deflect or take Cyclops' beam for a while.

In character, Wolverine can be willing to kill if he goes berserk (which happens a lot), could that negate the moral limitation?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By batkevin74

@Strider92: Okay he can make zombies & possession, so can Kris Angel :)

It's one vs what nine? Voldemort may be a bad ass in fairyland but he goes down to the X-men. He may take over one X-Men with his spell but even so they fight each other every second day in the danger room!

Still X-Men for the win, three casualties + maybe one fatality, but that is being quite generous!

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bigcimmerian

Voldemort could beat them 1v1, but against entire team he doesn't have a chance.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Strider1992

@Daddy_Cool_Dude: Good point but it doesn't take long for Voldermot to possess someone especially someone who hasn't been trained in Legilimency(resisting magical control) it took him about 20 seconds to possess Harry and he'd been training for weeks to resist it with Snape. I know the op states that they know about spells but Voldermort doesn't need to speak to cast them so if he did use possession (which looks a lot like teleportation) how would Emma be able to figure out what spell he'd used before Voldermort takes Cykes visor off? which only takes a second or two.

Daddy_Cool_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Daddy_Cool_Dude

Hmmm... Yeah, that's a problem. Though I have no exact idea of how long it took for Emma to read someone's mind. But a lot of time it near instant. I believe 20 seconds is enough for Emma.

I don't know if every single X-men has trained their willpower and psychic resistance with Xavier, but if they did, it would take longer for Voldemort to possess someone. Though possessing is different from mind control, but I believe it does related to subject of the mind.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By batkevin74

"Fight takes place in an abandoned Hogwarts, starts in the Main Hall. Voldemort is sitting in the middle chair at the end, the X-Men starts out from your point of view" The X-Men

As I said Cyclops leads with his eyes and the rest falls in place. If Voldemort possess Cyclops then Beast knocks out Cyclops. The X-Men win due to team work

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Strider1992

@Daddy_Cool_Dude: 20 seconds was how long it took him to possess Harry and as I said he'd been training with Snape for weeks to resist it so how long is it going to take him to possess someone like Scott who has never encountered or been trained to resist Legilimency. This fight is by no means a stomp but under these conditions the X-men are limited, if their morals where off they would definitely win but as it stands Voldermort's 1 hit kill spell coupled with possession is just to much in my opinion.

Daddy_Cool_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Daddy_Cool_Dude

@Strider92: The fight may take long though, it's unlikely Voldemort could hit Nightclawler and Angel. And unlikely even the death spell will work on Colossus. Anyway, Cyclops' beam fare pretty poorly against class 100, this have been tested many times against Hulk and Juggernaut, so perhaps Colossus as well. And it's unlikely Wolverine will suffers permanent effect from the beam also. A lot of characters here can knock Cyclops unconscious, best candidate probably would be Nightclawler. Of course, there might be casualties, but it worth winning.

Cyclops might have some willpower training with Xavier, though it's not any resemblance to Legilimency training, but it is probable that it would gave Emma more time to counteract. Plus, if he was trained with Xavier, it's likely to be years.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By Stronger

Voldemort gets raped

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By Roddy010

X-men for the win...

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Nothing Voldemort does is any more impressive than crap peeps like, say, Magneto's pulled in the past. In fact, it's far less impressive. Magneto's helmet makes TP a non issue. His shields make energy and physical attacks next to ineffective. And yet, the X-Men still coordinate and find a way to win (often helped by plot to be sure). Voldemort has great variety in his powerset. So too do the team of X-Men working as one.

X-Men, I dare say, stomp this.

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Titan3510

The X-Men take this.

Voldemort can only do so much at one time; he's grossly outnumbered, Emma's a high-order telepath and Colossus is immune to magic. Voldemort is an skilled Occulumens but he's probably never faced a real telepath before, much less one like Emma. Cyclops, Gambit, Colossus or Wolverine can kill Nagini without breaking a sweat.

However, I can see one (maybe two) of the X-Men being killed or seriously injured. Kitty's powers do not protect her from magic: at all. So a Killing Curse MIGHT do her in: if it doesn't, it'll probably reallly hurt and it might have some permanent side effects (think Mutant Massacre or the Joss Whedon story where she's stuck in phase form). Angel and Beast (I'm assuming this is normal Angel not Arcangel) would also be in danger being here. Rogue is a wild card: she can either be a sitting duck like Angel or Beast or she could be Super-X-Man and go solo or somewhere in between. I don't know. It's been a while since I've followed the X-Men so I don't know the full extent of Rogue's power right now. Nightcrawler is also vulnerable but, as long as he stays on his toes, he'll be fine.

The only problem the X-Men would have is destroying the Horcruxes: the only ones with the know-how to even tell people to stay away from the Horcruxes would be Shadowcat, Nightcrawler and Rogue (because she's absorbed them both). Not sure how Beast would fare being a man of science. When it comes to destroying Horcruxes, they would need to employ the likes of Illyana, Dr. Strange or Pixie (god forbid, cause she's freakin annoying).

Oh crap, I forgot about Inferi....but then again, there should be no dead people around so the X-Men should be good.

As for the Imperius Curse or Legilimency: Emma is a high-order telepath. So the X-Men should be well-protected...

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Nothing Voldemort does is any more impressive than crap peeps like, say, Magneto's pulled in the past. In fact, it's far less impressive. Magneto's helmet makes TP a non issue. His shields make energy and physical attacks next to ineffective. And yet, the X-Men still coordinate and find a way to win (often helped by plot to be sure). Voldemort has great variety in his powerset. So too do the team of X-Men working as one.

Magneto isn't Voldemort. Both of them are entirely different characters. Voldemort was made based on Hitler whereas Magneto was based on Malcolm X. If Magneto truly wanted the X-Men dead, they certainly would be dead.

I still don't see them stomping Voldemort but they can win... just that it isn't a stomp.

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By one_upper
@batkevin74 said:

Nice try, but Voldemort is easily one of the greatest occlumens ever. His mind is well-defended against such an attack.
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By one_upper

As many have said though, he can defeat each 1 v. 1. However grossly outnumbered he will fall. 

Then again he won't really be dead, but for the intents and purposes of this thread he will lose.

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Titan3510

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Magneto isn't Voldemort. Both of them are entirely different characters. Voldemort was made based on Hitler whereas Magneto was based on Malcolm X. If Magneto truly wanted the X-Men dead, they certainly would be dead.

I still don't see them stomping Voldemort but they can win... just that it isn't a stomp.

I agree with PunkMastaFlex.

Voldemort has a distinct advantage: morals. To paraphrase Tupac, he don't give a f#!@...

But that said, the X-Men still win...if only temporarily. In order to truly win, they need to find out a way to destroy the Horcruxes. Because the only person there who is even close to doing anything to those Horcruxes is Shadowcat and her power (ironically) leaves her very vulnerable to magic. Colossus might be able to do something since he's immune to magic but I doubt hammering on a Horcrux with his fist would do any good. In fact, it might even cause the Horcrux to "activate" and try to kill someone.

There are definitely going to be one or two (maybe three) casualties on the X-Men's side. Angel isn't Northstar: I don't see him having the ability to dodge and outmanuever every curse and hex that Voldemort flings his way.

By the way, PunkMasterFlex...I love your username. I appreciate you paying homage to the brighter days of hip hop.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@Titan3510:

By the way, PunkMasterFlex...I love your username. I appreciate you paying homage to the brighter days of hip hop.

Funny story, it was intended to be PumpMastaFlex. A friend of mine made my account and purposely messed up my name. I actually never knew who the Hip Hop star was before Revamp told me about him.

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By one_upper

Don't forget some hexes are general area effective and don't require actually hitting your target.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Good point. Though I can think of a few arcs wherein Magneto was not averse to killing. Still, dangerous ABC logic in use there to be sure.

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Titan3510

@one_upper said:

Don't forget some hexes are general area effective and don't require actually hitting your target.

That's true. But in order for Voldemort to win, he would need to take out Emma first and foremost. Or at the very least...force her to stay in diamond form.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Strider1992
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Roddy010 said:

X-men for the win...

mextli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mextli

@Strider92: pretty sure all of the xmen have received training in resisting telepathic assault. Voldemort's would be able to overwhelm scott eventually but it would take time and not before emma would be able to come to scott's aid. the presence of emma should be sufficient to protect from telepathic assault imo.

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By one_upper
@mextli: Too bad Emma can't survive Avada Kadavra! :P
mextli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mextli

@one_upper: well given the fact that they are given knowledge of voldie's spells im pretty sure cyclops would have emma either out of the line of fire and engaging voldie mentally from a distance or have her protected by colossus who has hi magical resistance. With prior knowledge and a the roster they have available to them the x-men should take a solid majority thanks to numbers, coordination, tactics and diversity of powerset.

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Titan3510

Will the Killing Curse even do anything to Emma in her diamond form....

To be honest, I honestly don't see Voldemort winning this.

Don't forget about Gambit, Rogue, Nightcrawler and Colossus....

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Strider1992

@mextli: Problem is Voldermort isn't a telepathy he uses magic spell called legilimency so his abilities are more like Dr Strange. How do Emma's abilities stack up to Dr. S? (i'm asking because I don't really know much about her)

mextli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mextli

@Titan3510: Probably not she is virtually invulnerable. But if she went diamond that would leave team open to possession and telepathic assault which cyke wouldnt want. But yeah i dont see voldie pulling off more than maybe 1 or 2 wins given the scenario. even then i feel like im being generous.

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By YoggSaron

It is difficult for Voldemort to be put into battle with comic characters as we have little knowledge of what his spells can do to people with high durability. We also don't know if there are any spells which negate telepathy, increase speed, or enhance durability either. We don't really have an understanding of Voldemort's full arsenal of spells.