Voldemort and his Death Eaters vs. the U.S. military

Jade1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jade1977

If Voldemort tried to take over the United States, could the might of the entire U.S. military stop him?

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Vrakmul

Nope, his soul hidey places get carpet bombed and he promptly dies.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Korg

Military wins easily. Guns > wands. I always wondered why wizards wouldn't just go out and get a sniper rifle if they really wanted to get rid of Voldemort and co.

Immortal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Immortal13

I'd say Voldemort could very easily infiltrate the government by a variety of methods. He could use the Imperius Curse to make the President do whatever he wanted or just take him out and place in one of his own death eaters feeding them polyjuice potion on a routine basis.  I don't think the military would be much of help, Voldemort is to much of an unconventional threat.

Immortal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Immortal13
@Korg: .....because guns wouldn't work
Th3 FlAsH 123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Th3 FlAsH 123

Somebody could a shoot gun faster then somebody could utter a spell.
Military easy, nuclear weapons.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Kal'smahboi

nah Voldemort wins pretty easily. magic stops bullets.
besides, direct confrontation isn't his style. Voldemort would slowly infiltrate the military and government with his own men.
he would gain control covertly.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Korg
@Immortal13 said:
" @Korg: .....because guns wouldn't work "
Why would they not work?
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Sparda

If it was a battle of a army of US infantry and a army of Death Eaters, hell, I'd put the money of the infantry. I don't ever recall anyone in HP ever encountering bullets, so when a bunch of clips come their way from automatic rifles before they can say their spells I imagine that they're going to die.

JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JThree47693

If Voldemort played it smart and took his time, then he would win. But he wont do that, he will see the U.S govt as inferior(seeing as they are "muggles") and try a direct assault, then get slaughtered.

Escherion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Escherion
Voldemort wins, this is blaphemy!
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By geraldthesloth

Sorry wizards don't have m-16 bullet charms

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Korg

I just don't see Voldemort being able to protect himself from a 7.62mm round fired at his head from a kilometer away.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Korg said:
" I just don't see Voldemort being able to protect himself from a 7.62mm round fired at his head from a kilometer away. "
LOL.

*waits for randumo*  but but but but he can flyz
Immortal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Immortal13

If they hit the target they would but they'd be taken out of their hands before they could even get a shot off or the bullets ricocheting off a large shield conjured up. you would need a wand to fight them most likely, considering their style of fighting

xbuilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xbuilder

In a straight up fight USA all the way.
But with Stealth...we lose.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By castleking
ppl forget that the higher ranking you get the more strict the security gets... voice recognition, eye scans, hand print bio metric scans..... ect ect... passwords and ID cards with chips... it be hard for non computer geek wizards to infiltrate and master the random tech that they will encounter during their infiltration... aside from that someone said a bullet might not wok, what about an m16 frag grenade or stun/riot wpns RPg a tank or a howitzer round from over 18 miles away.... if we kid down and dirty what about bio wpns.
Dynoblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dynoblaze

Oh they could get around bio-metric scans. If they used stealth Voldy's people would win by mind-controling the President. However if they were on a open battlefield or even in the city fighting the military. They'd lose. 

Bullets can affect wizards by the way. There's numerous mentions of knives or swords cutting wizards and Belltrax (did I spell that right?) threw a knife at Dobby to kill him. Professor Mcwhatever also in the last book turned stuff into knives at shot them at Snape and he only barely turned them into birds or something. So, bullets should kill them. 
On a side note, I always wondered why the wizards never used guns either. If I were a Wizard I wouldn't solely rely on a gun to fight but  I'd carry a .38 with me for certain times. Why?
1. The Harry Potters books would never had happened if Voldemort had just capped Harry and his mom instead of using Avada Kevada
2. Book 5 at the end before the fight in the Ministry instead of raining those globes down on the Death Eaters, Harry could have whipped out a Mac10 or Uzi and mowed them all down. 
Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Yaujtapool

Id feel alot more safer with this .

Than this .

Equin0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Equin0x

Sorry about the bump, but if Voldemort was going to attack the military, he would easily win...

Reason #1: Guns, Grenades, Tanks, Aircraft etc. won't work.

Voldemort can easily conjure a shield which would stop all conventional weapons, and you'll need magic to break through the shield, so the army doesn't stand a chance to hurt him. And he is smart enough to do so. He used this to protect his snake in the last book, seemingly without effort.

Reason #2: Horcruxes.

Someone here said this: " his soul hidey places get carpet bombed and he promptly dies"

"bombing" horcruxes will have no effect on them whatsoever. You need a basilisk fang, or magic spells to destroy them, there is no other way, not even destroying the solar system would even scratch them. I doubt the army could ever find the horcruxes, and when they do, even if they somehow have a basilisk fang(highly unlikely), they wouldn't be able to get past voldemorts magic defences, because you need magic to get past them (and btw you need magic to even find them)

Reason #3: Magic (duh)

If normal firearms can't harm him if he doesn't expect it (and he will, because even if you can shoot him through the head once, he will have horcruxes which you can't destroy, and he will come back with a shield, making him impossible to stop without magic), he can easily kill everyone he wants without any resistance and use Imperio on the the guys he might need (like the president).

So any reasonably powerful wizard could probably take out the US Army without too much effort all by himself.

PS.

Reason #4: Dementors. Dementors can not be killed and they are part of voldemorts army. So: One Dementor > All of humanity.

You need a patronus charm to drive them away.

Reason #5: Inferi.

Anyone voldemort kills can be turned into an inferius. They are not alive, and therefore can't be killed, you will have to shoot all limbs and it's head off to stop it, which would take lots or bullets, or a grenade. However, Voldemort could turn billions of people into inferi in no time by killing unexpecting muggles and turn them into inferi. They would eventually outnumber humans on the planet and win. (I doubt he would use them here though, because he can use methods I have pointed out before to stop everyone faster)

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nightcrawler23

Voldemort may be able to infiltrate the Americans using the Imperius curse, but it is unlikely that any type of combat between a typically armed soldier and a death eater would go his way. Wands are too one dimensional. The Americans would start a nuclear war. Captain America could take them all out, by himself.

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nightcrawler23

@Equin0x said:

Sorry about the bump, but if Voldemort was going to attack the military, he would easily win...

Voldemort can easily conjure a shield which would stop all conventional weapons, and you'll need magic to break through the shield, so the army doesn't stand a chance to hurt him. And he is smart enough to do so. He used this to protect his snake in the last book, seemingly without effort.

Someone here said this: " his soul hidey places get carpet bombed and he promptly dies"

"bombing" horcruxes will have no effect on them whatsoever. You need a basilisk fang, or magic spells to destroy them, there is no other way, not even destroying the solar system would even scratch them. I doubt the army could ever find the horcruxes, and when they do, even if they somehow have a basilisk fang(highly unlikely), they wouldn't be able to get past voldemorts magic defences, because you need magic to get past them (and btw you need magic to even find them)

If normal firearms can't harm him if he doesn't expect it (and he will, because even if you can shoot him through the head once, he will have horcruxes which you can't destroy, and he will come back with a shield, making him impossible to stop without magic), he can easily kill everyone he wants without any resistance and use Imperio on the the guys he might need (like the president).

So any reasonably powerful wizard could probably take out the US Army without too much effort all by himself.

putting a bullet in voldemort's skull, regardless of any horcrux, would kill him. They would only preserve his soul. Magic is vulnerable to horcruxes. and nuke>magic sheild

Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
AmazingScrewOnHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ask JK rowling voldemort was going to enslave the muggles he probally knew what he was doing.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kingkronos

The U.S weren't even aware of the wizards' existence. Voldemort can control them mentaly and there is no need to go in an all open war. Besides. if it's only firepower, I still think voldemort can still win.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Hmm, this is tricky. But I'd have to say the military wins, the Death Eaters are mostly made up of pureblood wizards, and so they wouldn't be able to fully understand what weaponry they would be up against.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Soulstealer

@kingkronos said:

The U.S weren't even aware of the wizards' existence. Voldemort can control them mentaly and there is no need to go in an all open war. Besides. if it's only firepower, I still think voldemort can still win.

How would he counter something like snipers? Or planted explosives? Land mines? Attack drones? Aerial bombardment? And let's not get started on something like nuclear devices, biological or chemical weapons. Wizards have a lot of personal power I realize, but at the same time they're against weapons systems as much as they are against human opponents and I'm not sure they'd have anything that is instantly overwhelming to the military might of a great many nations on the planet.

Don't get me wrong I think you might have a point about him winning through infiltration, however in open combat I'm not sure the Wizards have any idea exactly what they'd be up against.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pokergeist

@geraldthesloth said:

Sorry wizards don't have m-16 bullet charms

Hoorah.....
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jezer

@Equin0x said:

PS.

Reason #4: Dementors. Dementors can not be killed and they are part of voldemorts army. So: One Dementor > All of humanity.

You need a patronus charm to drive them away.

Reason #5: Inferi.

Anyone voldemort kills can be turned into an inferius. They are not alive, and therefore can't be killed, you will have to shoot all limbs and it's head off to stop it, which would take lots or bullets, or a grenade. However, Voldemort could turn billions of people into inferi in no time by killing unexpecting muggles and turn them into inferi. They would eventually outnumber humans on the planet and win. (I doubt he would use them here though, because he can use methods I have pointed out before to stop everyone faster)

2. No.

The fang of the basilisk proved that non magical means is a way to destroy Horocruxes. The attack just has to be powerful enough.

While the Basilisk fang was said to have a powerful poison that killed in minutes, not only are there non mythical snakes with poison on the same level, but a nuclear bomb is ridiculously more powerful than basilisk poison in terms of how much damage it does. The idea that a solar system busting attack wouldn't be able to kill a horocrux is just ridiculous and missing the point.

The point being that you can kill a horocrux with powerful magic or just a powerful attack. No where does it specifically state only magic and basilisk fangs.

5. Inferi are susceptible to fire. See nuclear bombs.

3. You're assuming that he doesn't sleep and will never relax his shield. Assuming they do manage to take Voldemort out with a headshot, it took him what like 4 Books to resurrect. He's essentially out of the battle. And, there's nothing suggesting that the cocky Voldemort who looks down on all things muggle, as inferior, is gonna be so scared he's gonna walk around everywhere with a shield on - before they've already killed him.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By agent9149

doesn't technology stop working around magic...i rememeber reading that in the book

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Soulstealer

@Agent9149 said:

doesn't technology stop working around magic...i rememeber reading that in the book

Even if that's the case it depends on how large the effect is and how potent. In the Dresden Universe Wizards are technology pariahs, the more complex the easier things go haywire around them, but even so that hasn't stopped Dresden from being shot multiple times nor would it likely stop bombs from going off around him.

That's not to say that the two universes are comparable, but to say that area of effect and potency would mean a whole lot here.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pokergeist
@Soulstealer said:

@Agent9149 said:

Even if that's the case it depends on how large the effect is and how potent. In the Dresden Universe Wizards are technology pariahs, the more complex the easier things go haywire around them, but even so that hasn't stopped Dresden from being shot multiple times nor would it likely stop bombs from going off around him.

That's not to say that the two universes are comparable, but to say that area of effect and potency would mean a whole lot here.

A good Ka-Bar in the chest will kill as easly...
Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

@Vrakmul said:

Nope, his soul hidey places get carpet bombed and he promptly dies.

You sir, are awesome, because of your current avatar.

*Its the Lich from Adventure Time, for anyone in the future who sees this comment, goes to look at his avatar, and its something lame, lol.*

SWAGcity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SWAGcity

navy seal team 6 got this my nyccas 

Avatar image for darth_brendroid
darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By darth_brendroid

To destroy a Horcrux you need something highly powerful. From my understanding of the series (which I last read last year; I've had uni since so my memory might be a bit fuzzy about this) you need to use something that's a guarunteed kill. Basilisk fang has no cure but Phoenix tears, Fiendfyre's use suggested it is ridiculously hard to control because it's insanely powerful... nuclear weapons could destroy them, the destruction of the solar system would almost certainly destroy them. Voldemort needs infiltration, like others have said. Imperius curses and book-Polyjuice should partially get them through some security systems, but aren't foolproof. Open battlefield and his primary forces are just flesh bodies. Inferi and Dementors would be the challenge, but Dementors are stated to be uncontrollable and Voldemort's only real power is the ability to give them what the Ministry of Magic refuses them. Since muggles can't see Dementors they'd perhaps be the decider in a more conventional battle, but Voldemort's magical army probably wouldn't survive.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#36  Edited By TronHammer

In a battle each side knows about the existence of the other.

The outcome is based on who has more resources and can use the resources faster and better.

The US military already has more resources and knows how to use what it has.

Voldemort has some resources and knows how to use what he has.

The US military is more efficient with the utilization of its resources.

EternalDecider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By EternalDecider

THEY DROP BOMBS LIKE NEVER BEFORE AND OWN THE SHIT OUT OF NO-NOSE AND HIS PALS. THE GET SCREWED BY THE AMOUNT OF NUCLEAR SHIT THAT THEY'RE GONNA FACE HEAD-ON.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OmegaDynasty

I doubt Voldemort is stupid enough to take on an entire army of humans, especially with modern weapons.  

This is how it would go if he was to do so. 

Voldemort: Wait...whats that noise? 

Avatar image for howterribleisthat
HowTerribleIsThat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't actually a battle, Voldemort could easily just use imperius on all the more powerful politicians, CEOs etc without ever engaging the US Military.

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mad8Baller

If this is at Hogwarts.  Technology doesn't work there.
Talking about flying a jet over Hogwarts to go carpet bombing is like flying a jet over the Bermuda Triangle.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kingkronos

People need to understand that Voldemort doesn't even need to challenge them in fire power. He will just control the president and all the government. It was even stated in the book, that once Cornileus Fudge told the minister of England about the wizards' existence and then he just erased his memory. So voldemort stomps.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AngryHulks

In straight-up fight, Voldemort gets bombed to oblivion. Seriously, even a company of special force will finish him. And contrary to some belief, Horcrux doesn't make him physically invulnerable.

He might tries to get to President and the government, but problem is that if the public or some military generals acknowledge the wizard's existence earlier, they can just overthrew the government if they feel something awkward.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Soulstealer

So to everyone saying that he wins, I'm assuming we're agreed then that he could win through subterfuge. However in a army to army battle he is probably less successful...

EternalDecider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By EternalDecider

@kingkronos: Will you use this against my battle of "Voldemort against Dath Sidious"? Or do you think Sidious would win?

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jayfournines

I'm betting no, since I assume this is the 'real world' US Military....and since we're not used to seeing people in robes fly around, I guess they'd be pooping their pants watching all the insanity the death eaters unleash.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BMEZY

What if we used Voldemort and his entire army?? Will he standa better chance then?

that would include

-death eaters

-dementors

-giants

-Acromantulas

Voldemort could also protect himself and his death eaters by charming a powerful shield to deflect all conventional weapons back at his opponents. They're many possiblities with magic. -shrug-

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jezer

@OmegaDynasty said:

I doubt Voldemort is stupid enough to take on an entire army of humans, especially with modern weapons.

This is how it would go if he was to do so.

Voldemort: Wait...whats that noise?

You win this thread.

Seriously.

clownrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By clownrus

The military doesn't stand a single chance. Their bullets won't do a single thing. Voldemort doesn't need to say the spell to cast it, he simply needs to think it, and this goes for every single wizard in the HP universe, they just say the cast names in the movie's for aesthetic reasons. The magic in the HP universe is far too unfamiliar to the U.S military, so they will have no idea of how to get rid of Horcruxes, and a nuclear weapon isn't going to do much to somebodies soul. Voldemort could destroy the entire military by himself, and with his Death Eaters this is a complete stomp.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownrus said:

The military doesn't stand a single chance. Their bullets won't do a single thing. Voldemort doesn't need to say the spell to cast it, he simply needs to think it, and this goes for every single wizard in the HP universe, they just say the cast names in the movie's for aesthetic reasons. The magic in the HP universe is far too unfamiliar to the U.S military, so they will have no idea of how to get rid of Horcruxes, and a nuclear weapon isn't going to do much to somebodies soul. Voldemort could destroy the entire military by himself, and with his Death Eaters this is a complete stomp.

I agree.There are many spells in the Harry Potter universe that we haven't seen, and between teleportation, large scale spells and the various charms they use, the Death Eaters would have all the advantages.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jezer

@clownrus said:

No. Bullets are faster than spoken or nonverbal spells. Pointing and pulling a trigger will always be faster than pointing and saying/thinking a spell.

Human weapons are too unfamiliar to wizards, not to mention underestimated. Even if they both start with no knowledge on each other, the military's going to figure out they're gonna need to use guerrilla warfare and surprise attacks far faster than the wizards realizing they actually need to block muggle weapons. Not to mention, the military's gonna figure out the unpredictability of magic - and plan accordingly(see guerrilla warfare, sniping, dropping bombs) - faster than the wizards will figure out how exactly muggle weapons work to kill.

Last, it took Voldemort what - 4 books and 13 or so years? - to come back to life after being killed.