- No BFR.
XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By XLR87T3

The wisdom of Solomon is CM's greatest ability, along with Zeus' lightning. And, I'm also a Captain Matvel Fanboy...

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Does Ultraman share the magical weakness? Has he shown a resistance of some sort?

If not I go with Billy, NOT Freddy. Billy has the Wisdom of Solomon and can use it to his ability, as well as having equal strength to Superman and magical Lightning which is very powerful. I'd go with Billy. If it's Superman then I'm with Clark, but here I say Billy.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Thor's hammmer

i'll give it to Captain Marvel.

SHAZAM!

rico_3088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rico_3088

Captain Marvel, should win. 
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TifaLockhart

Ultraman's not a nice guy. I can see this going either way.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CODYSF

Captain m&(#^%^#(f&$@#^ Marvel!!!

jimmy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jimmy11

Captain Marvel

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By difficlus

@Thor's hammmer said:

SHAZAM!

second that!

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PikminMania

Ultraman is stronger than Superman, but so is Captain Marvel.

Billy wins

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By whacknasty

Is Ultraman basically just a Clark without morals? If so, why wouldn't he just open with a star temperature heat vision blast to Billy's face... (Clark's heat vision has been shown to really hurt Billy right? Even at Clark's usual boy scout level temp?)

Just a thought, I haven't seen enough Ultraman to be a sound judge on the battle...lol

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By eatmore_payless

@whacknasty said:

Is Ultraman basically just a Clark without morals? If so, why wouldn't he just open with a star temperature heat vision blast to Billy's face... (Clark's heat vision has been shown to really hurt Billy right? Even at Clark's usual boy scout level temp?)

Just a thought, I haven't seen enough Ultraman to be a sound judge on the battle...lol

Ultramans HV is more hotter than superman I guess

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@difficlus said:

@Thor's hammmer said:

SHAZAM!

second that!

Third that!
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By difficlus

@eatmore_payless said:

@whacknasty said:

Ultramans HV is more hotter than superman I guess

based on?

No ultraman is a scientist who was sent to space for some reason, he rocket ship malfunctioned in deep space and he was presumed dead, however someone or something found him and attempted to fix him. Whatever did added all sorts of powers to his body but the procedure fractured his mind, making him the insane, arrogant and amoral man he is now. No planet krypton...

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By whacknasty

@difficlus: Eh, I'm confused... "

Origin

Kel-Li came to Earth from Krypton, which had not been destroyed, to Centropolis. When exposed to kryptonite as he grew up, he was not weakened like Superman, but instead gained new powers and strengthened existing ones. Adopting the name Ultraman, he decided to use his powers to conquer the Earth. Along the way, he encountered other powerful beings; Superwoman, Johnny Quick, Owlman and Power Ring who banded together to better dominate their world"

Is this the wrong Ultraman? : /

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By whacknasty

@difficlus: Ah, I get it, that was pre crisis, right? Doh! : /

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By difficlus

@whacknasty said:

@difficlus: Eh, I'm confused... "

Origin

Kel-Li came to Earth from Krypton, which had not been destroyed, to Centropolis. When exposed to kryptonite as he grew up, he was not weakened like Superman, but instead gained new powers and strengthened existing ones. Adopting the name Ultraman, he decided to use his powers to conquer the Earth. Along the way, he encountered other powerful beings; Superwoman, Johnny Quick, Owlman and Power Ring who banded together to better dominate their world"

Is this the wrong Ultraman? : /

The description i used is from JLA Earth 2 in 2003. idk where that's from...

@whacknasty said:

@difficlus: Ah, I get it, that was pre crisis, right? Doh! : /

maybe...

Killerjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Killerjax

@PikminMania said:

Billy wins

Where did u get this misguided information from?

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@rico_3088 said:
Captain Marvel, should win. 
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By difficlus

@Killerjax said:

@PikminMania said:

Billy wins

i would also like to know.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel.

@PikminMania
said:

Billy wins

Proof?

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PikminMania

@Killerjax said:

@PikminMania said:

Billy wins

@difficlus: It is kind of been hinted at ever since his first appearance, Superman wins against him solely due to more intelligence and stuff along those lines.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PikminMania

@venomoushatred1001: Go to most Superman vs Captain Marvel threads. Read Kingdom Come, even though Superman is more powerful and Captain Marvel stayed the same (except no morals I believe) and he beat Superman.

The reason why Superman wins in some comics is because DC never respects Captain Marvel, look at a lot of his golden age stories.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PikminMania said:

@venomoushatred1001: Go to most Superman vs Captain Marvel threads. Read Kingdom Come, even though Superman is more powerful and Captain Marvel stayed the same (except no morals I believe) and he beat Superman.

The reason why Superman wins in some comics is because DC never respects Captain Marvel, look at a lot of his golden age stories.

Makes sense.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By difficlus

@PikminMania said:

@Killerjax said:

@PikminMania said:

Billy wins

@difficlus: It is kind of been hinted at ever since his first appearance, Superman wins against him solely due to more intelligence and stuff along those lines.

actually the only reason Superman loses is because as he says in Superman/Batman, CM is powered by magic which is his weakness. Thus in close combat CM has the advantage. Its nothing to do with strength. They're on the same level, in fact they've been issues where they've been locked in a arm wrestling contest for a day without a clear winner or they try to out prove the other in strength (using handshakes) but either can't get an advantage. If they're is a difference its marginal at best.

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@PikminMania said:

Makes sense.

SMH...

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By beatboks1

@PikminMania said:

@Killerjax said:

@PikminMania said:

Billy wins

Incorrect

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for maxwell_lord_the_fourth
Maxwell Lord the fourth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which Ultraman ? Pre crisis Earth 3 Ultra man or the a  anti matter universe one from the Picture ? because they are not the same character.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ssejllenrad
No Caption Provided

<---- CM beats this guy to the pulp!

Nyehehehehe!

Trolling aside, I'm going with CM. Wisdom of Solomon = WIN!

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By difficlus

@beatboks1: You're a walking JSA wiki aren't you?

Maxwell Lord the fourth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Well in your second Scan Marvel only loses the armwresling because Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Junior power up;thus taking a part of his power.
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PikminMania

@beatboks1 said:

@PikminMania said:

@Killerjax said:

@PikminMania said:

Billy wins

Incorrect

No Caption Provided

Even though it makes sense that he lost, read what Maxwell stated, it is kind of what I mean concerning CM. Up until recently, (by recently I mean like 10 years ago, and even then, some nonsensical things have shown up) CM has been shown as a joke more than real threat, I mean, just look at these scans:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And what I meant was that Captain Marvel is a wee bit stronger than Superman because of his magic, If their were no weaknesses in a fight, then Superman would probably win 7/10

dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#32  Edited By dewboy01

@_slim_: cap stomps, cause like superman, its possible that ultraman can be vunerable to magic.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By beatboks1

@Maxwell Lord the fourth said:

@beatboks1: Well in your second Scan Marvel only loses the armwresling because Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Junior power up;thus taking a part of his power.

Correct when he lost, my point was until that point (where Mary and Freddy were sharing the power) they were even. Just as they were stalemated when the entity made Superman believe he was fighting Cyborg Superman and not Billy and Billy believe he was fighting Black Adam and not Supes.

@difficlus said:

@beatboks1: You're a walking JSA wiki aren't you?

What can I say, HUGE JSA fan. My collection includes all but about 8 All Star Comics (including GA one either as original or reprints missing issues 8 to 12 and a couple in the 30's). The appearances in Adventure in the 70's, all mini's and series since except about 9 issues of JSA from 99. all but 2 JLA/JSA crossovers (only because they've been lost). Also a lot of More fun comics from, All American, GL and Flash Quarterlies, Flash from the 40's. Not to mention All of All Star Squadron and Young All Stars and Infinity Inc, All runs of Dr Fate/Fate, Spectre and most of the SA and more recent runs of Shazam (only have about 8 issues of GA Shazam in Whiz unfortunately)

Maxwell Lord the fourth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Oh ok then I get it;However I should then point out that the pre crisis Ultraman defeated the Silver age Superman of earth one on multiple occasions;thus if that is the Ultraman used here Marvel goes down .
Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By Dex_Starr

@ssejllenrad said:

No Caption Provided

<---- CM beats this guy to the pulp!

Nyehehehehe!

Trolling aside, I'm going with CM. Wisdom of Solomon = WIN!

Hahahahahaha I remember that from what I was like 10...thank you for posting this.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By beatboks1

@beatboks1: Oh ok then I get it;However I should then point out that the pre crisis Ultraman defeated the Silver age Superman of earth one on multiple occasions;thus if that is the Ultraman used here Marvel goes down .

Yeah I was only countering the notion that Cap is stronger than Superman which isn't the case.

It was the case when the character was conceived in 1940. Originally Cap was closer to the later power levels of the SA while Superman was faster than a bullet able to leap buildings not fly etc. After Cap started to outsell Superman (with some issues over 1 million copies sold) they started increasing Superman's powers. By late 40 he was near modern levels by 47/8 he was at SA levels. By the way the other two scans I had are from a Cap vs 1940 Superman from All Star Squadron (37 IIRC). Post COIE Cap has been depowered as much if not more than Supes. The one power of his where he would have an advantage over Superman is Stamina (which I one reason I actually hate the scan I used), with the Stamina of Atlas he has been shown to NEVER tire, where Superman will slowly expend his absorbed solar energy (like say against Doomsday) and run out of puff.

As for Pre COIE Ultraman he did defeat SA level Superman a few times, primarily because unlike Superman he had no weakness to Kryptonite and was actually powered up by it. For that Ultraman to be near Kryptonite was like Sun dipping for a modern Superman (but imagine he started with SA power levels). Any version of Cap vs Pre COIE Earth 3 Ultraman would loose hard. Against modern I'm inclined to think Billy would win.

Maxwell Lord the fourth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Dude;you ARE a JSA wiki;Difficulus was right.Well thanks for sharing all that information.Plus I agree with you;Cap would win against the Modern one but not against the silver age one;which is why I would like to know which Ultraman is debated here.
Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1 said:

Yeah I was only countering the notion that Cap is stronger than Superman which isn't the case.

It was the case when the character was conceived in 1940. Originally Cap was closer to the later power levels of the SA while Superman was faster than a bullet able to leap buildings not fly etc. After Cap started to outsell Superman (with some issues over 1 million copies sold) they started increasing Superman's powers. By late 40 he was near modern levels by 47/8 he was at SA levels. By the way the other two scans I had are from a Cap vs 1940 Superman from All Star Squadron (37 IIRC). Post COIE Cap has been depowered as much if not more than Supes. The one power of his where he would have an advantage over Superman is Stamina (which I one reason I actually hate the scan I used), with the Stamina of Atlas he has been shown to NEVER tire, where Superman will slowly expend his absorbed solar energy (like say against Doomsday) and run out of puff.

As for Pre COIE Ultraman he did defeat SA level Superman a few times, primarily because unlike Superman he had no weakness to Kryptonite and was actually powered up by it. For that Ultraman to be near Kryptonite was like Sun dipping for a modern Superman (but imagine he started with SA power levels). Any version of Cap vs Pre COIE Earth 3 Ultraman would loose hard. Against modern I'm inclined to think Billy would win.

I think the scans you had posted are pre crisis but I could be wrong, I have a few pre crisis scans of Sups beating the tar out of Marvel without breaking a sweat. None the less Superman is stronger and so is Ultraman. Here is a somewhat recent feat (a silly one but still showing the difference in strength between SM, UM and Cap) showcasing all there strength. Also at least up until Flashpoint Superman trumps Ultraman in fighting skill and wrecks him every time, if you already stated this I missed it so sorry If I am being repetitive.

With a great deal of strain It takes the combined effort of Superman and Captain Marvel to lift the book with infinite pages. 

No Caption Provided
Then Captain Marvel is under so much strain he passes out and reverts to Billy

No Caption Provided
But Then..

LOL
LOL
Ultraman lifts it with ease...

I'll give the strength to Ultraman but the skill to Biilly.

Irrelevant side note: Quantum Superman would own them all.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By beatboks1

@CapitolPunishment: The two smaller scans are from ASS which was a year before COIE (which I stated since I said it was E-2 Superman of 1940 who didn't exist post COIE)

The larger scan was from Power of Shazam which is the only CANON solo post Crisis series of Cap (as was the other reference i gave to a fight between Cap and supes where they believe they are their enemies. there are several other post COIE showings where Supes gets the upper hand but not due to power (for example when he was possessed by Eclipso)

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By termiteone4ever

Marvel got this

Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1 said:

@CapitolPunishment: The two smaller scans are from ASS which was a year before COIE (which I stated since I said it was E-2 Superman of 1940 who didn't exist post COIE)

The larger scan was from Power of Shazam which is the only CANON solo post Crisis series of Cap (as was the other reference i gave to a fight between Cap and supes where they believe they are their enemies. there are several other post COIE showings where Supes gets the upper hand but not due to power (for example when he was possessed by Eclipso)

Thanks for the reply and clearing that up, its been a while since I read those. They also had a fight somewhat recently in Batman/Superman public enemies (not the cartoon, the comic) which was pretty well rounded and even. I also believe they had a few small encounters after that but I'll have to look through a bunch of books to check and that may take me a while. 

I already owe you two detailed replies on other topics (Superman vs Alan Scott) in which you are well versed and the characters in question are stuck in the back of my head and need some refreshing :).

As confirmed by your scans and the scan I posted before the Kryptonians are stronger than Captain Marvel.

And yes, indeed Superman did own Marvel while possessed by Eclipso as shown below.

Sorry for the poor copies, working with a camera phone instead of a scanner so I don't ruin my trades.

I still think Marvel has the edge with the skill, Untraman was shown to be stronger than even Superman abiet not by much but Sups always trashes him with his superior skills.

I'll try to post up the public enemies fight later, gotta run to work, good day 0/
Killerjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Killerjax

Superman with no morals would shit on CM tbh, the only reason most people have ever had a chance against supes is because of his morals/CIS/PIS.

Avatar image for deactivated-59e0e7cc44079
deactivated-59e0e7cc44079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultraman is The Winner Here Now.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerjax: I know it's been uhh 2 years? Lol sorry for that but I am tired of people giving Captain Marvel the short stick. He has the strength of Hercules which in turn means he is as strong as Superman. He ALSO has the power of Zeus which amps all his other powers... Meaning when written correctly in correlation with his powers he IS stronger than Superman but writers don't like to downplay Clark when it comes to him facing other heroes.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning towards Billy

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Kingant27

So Ultraman, is probably the slightest bit better than Superman; vs Billy, not sure.

I guarantee if this was Superman and not Ultraman, through sheer popularity, Superman would get more votes; but at least Billy is getting acknowledged here.

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Dog_of_War

Don't know about this one.

Ultraman has defeated Superman in JLA #111, but that could be chalked up as an outlier feat.

I'd say Captain Marvel could win due to superior skill just like how Superman defeated Ultraman, or this might be a stalemate.

This would be a great fight though.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possibly Billy.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

Captain Marvel is above Ultraman stat wise in every way they are similar, but because OP says Morals apply I think Ultraman can win.

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The_Dog_of_War

@itouchedtheboat:

Ultraman has defeated Superman in JLA #111, so I'd say Captain Marvel and Ultraman are pretty much even physically.