Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Round 1: Nightwing and Bane (no venom)

Round 2: Shang-Chi and Daredevil

Round 3: Captain America and Ultimate Hawkeye (unlimited regular arrows)

Round 4: Batman and Azrael (JPV)

Round 5: Deadpool (two katana and handguns with 3 clips each) and Black Panther (No Vibranium suit, energy daggers only)

Round 6: Blade (Katana) and Bone Claw Wolverine

Round 7: Deathstroke (Promethium broadsword) and Luther Strode

Rules:

• · Pre-52 and standard gear unless specified
  • · Basic Knowledge of opponents
  • · Cap and Taskmaster have full teamwork
  • · Full healing after every round
  • · Victory by KO, Incap, or Death
  • · Fights begins 30 feet from each other in Times Square
Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Captain America has the physicals but i think Taskmaster got this.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GhostRavage

@beaconofstrength: Lol! You're right. Let me see..

They stop at 6. They could also stop at 5.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#6 frozen  Moderator

Captain America has the physicals but i think Taskmaster got this.

If this was that thread, Ultimate Captain America would waste Taskmaster.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@frozen: I don't think it would be that easy. The only thing Taskmaster has to worry about is his physicals. I think Taskmaster could pull a majority, due to his speed and skill.

Anyways, I think they stop at 6.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@beaconofstrength: I think Batman could beat Taskmaster, Ultimate Cap is insane in physicals.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@frozen: His skill isn't very impressive, and I don't remember him being very fast.

I'd also say that Tasky could beat Batman.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Taskmaster has dealt with super powered beings in the past. Spider-Man twice, Venom and 3 characters with Pym Particles. He has humiliated Captain America and almost beat him twice. He also possess a quite big gap in the skill exploitation over Earth-616 Captain America which is arguably more skilled than Earth-1610 Steve.

In all honesty, the only thing Cap has over Tony is physicals, which im not sure is enough to say either "wastes" the other. It would be close, precisely because of the physicals, outside of that, Tony is a superior fighter.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@frozen: Taskmaster has dealt with super powered beings in the past. Spider-Man twice, Venom and 3 characters with Pym Particles. He has humiliated Captain America and almost beat him twice. He also possess a quite big gap in the skill exploitation over Earth-616 Captain America which is arguably more skilled than Earth-1610 Steve.

In all honesty, the only thing Cap has over Tony is physicals, which im not sure is enough to say either "wastes" the other. It would be close, precisely because of the physicals, outside of that, Tony is a superior fighter.

Agreed all though that fight with venom was PIS IMO.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolverine008
GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I wouldn't say it was PIS, Taskmaster was using Spider-Man maneuvers to deal with him as well as being an inconclusive fight with battlefield usage by Taskmaster's part. The physicals argument always get mentioned in the instance, but there isn't any proof Spider-Man was actually using movements outside of peak human potential when Taskmaster assimilated his moves.

But to each its own, as far as the feat goes, i would consider it legit totally independent from Taskmaster's lack of chances to beat Venom realistically.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: I honestly think that instance was trying to capitalize on Taskmaster's speed. Some may find it as a low showing for Venom, but I always thought it was a showing that was made showcase his speed.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: I would say it was more focused on the tactical approach Taskmaster took to fight Venom. Battlefield usage, movements from someone who constantly fights him and exploiting his weakness. IMO, it was to showcase someone like Taskmaster on the right conditions could beat someone like Venom who obviously is way above Taskmaster's weight class. Taskmaster is no pushover so do speak.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jashro44: @ghostravage: The problem is Taskmaster in character does not amount to that level, he often jokes too badly for his own good and goes into a fight with the ability to win but wastes it. His huge ego has cost him two losses to Daredevil and and dismissing the ''being afraid of Moonknight'' he should have won easily. The problem is people are too quick to assume Taskmaster with his best showings while he's in the right mind, whereas when he's in character, his character almost always affects him - same deal with Spider-Man.

Ultimate Captain America on the other hand is no joke, and has looser morals than his 616 counterpart. In addition to this, he will fight dirty combined with his lethal physicals.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Taskmaster has a plethora of feats in-character to suggest he could beat both Steves. That said, he doesn't joke around with people he doesn't know this is visible during Siege and both his solo series.

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By krauser99

It can go 50/50 with Cap and Ult Hawk. Personally I give them a slight edge.

Taskmaster has proved he can beat 616 Cap. But 616 Cap has proven the same thing IMO. When you consider there stalemates/advantages.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Stops at 5 or 6

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@ghostravage: The thing to remember about Taskmasters run in with Venom is that Hawkeye needed Venom to not beat him up because they needed to follow him back to his boss. He still looked impressive, but there is context as Flash isn't trying much.

Anyway could stop at 6 or 7, but honestly I think an argent could be made for them clearing as well.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I wouldn't say it was PIS, Taskmaster was using Spider-Man maneuvers to deal with him as well as being an inconclusive fight with battlefield usage by Taskmaster's part. The physicals argument always get mentioned in the instance, but there isn't any proof Spider-Man was actually using movements outside of peak human potential when Taskmaster assimilated his moves.

But to each its own, as far as the feat goes, i would consider it legit totally independent from Taskmaster's lack of chances to beat Venom realistically.

Thing is Peter himself has a bad track record against venom so I find it weird taskmaster could use moves which never really worked on venom in the first place to such effectiveness. It was also stated that venom couldn't match his speed so it seemed taskmaster blitzed venom in that showing basically.

All though I'm fine with agreeing to disagree.

@frozen said:

@jashro44: @ghostravage: The problem is Taskmaster in character does not amount to that level, he often jokes too badly for his own good and goes into a fight with the ability to win but wastes it. His huge ego has cost him two losses to Daredevil and and dismissing the ''being afraid of Moonknight'' he should have won easily. The problem is people are too quick to assume Taskmaster with his best showings while he's in the right mind, whereas when he's in character, his character almost always affects him - same deal with Spider-Man.

Ultimate Captain America on the other hand is no joke, and has looser morals than his 616 counterpart. In addition to this, he will fight dirty combined with his lethal physicals.

And he's also been able to take the upper hand on 616 captain america multiple times. Even though I think the venom fight is PIS IMO he still never lost. He didn't seem to be particularly serious there either. Yes he has his showings where his ego gets in his way but he has his really great showings as well. And if you look at their feats I don't believe ultimate cap has better speed feats than taskmaster does. He is faster on paper so I'm willing to say there roughly equals, but taskmaster also makes up for that by being more skilled and his move reading ability. Really ultimate cap isn't steem rolling him but if you want to continue this you can bump the taskmaster vs ultimate captain america thread and take it over there.

Same thing applies for spider-man as well for the record.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jashro44

As for the thread itself I still maintain deadpool is taskmasters kryptonite. I'm thinking it stops at round 5. He's not better than taskmaster but the whole unpredictability thing seems to really mess with taskmaster.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: I hardly consider the instance as PIS or flat out badly written. The fight was still inconclusive and we all know Taskmaster couldn't really beat Venom in that instance. It was merely to showcase Taskmaster can actually deal with people like this, even exploiting the surroundings and using tactical movements against him. Even then, while Venom didn't try to kill him nor beat him badly, he could still opt for the incapacitation move, which still didn't happen. At the very least, Taskmaster is able to hang around Venom for that period of time solidly whether he's trying to kill him or not IMO.

But every guy will have a different view to the feat and i consider yours, Jash's and mine equally valid.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wolverine008
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@ghostravage: Oh I didn't say the fight was PIS, but there is context as to why Taskmaster did so well beyond Taskmasters own considerable skills.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

616 Cap and Ult Hawkeye take a majority in my opinion.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Stops 5

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 juiceboks  Moderator

Could stop at 5 more than likely..6 is a definite stopping point though.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They either stop at 5 or clear.