Tyranids stomp. Warhammer is generally superior to Star Wars

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb7f2e29af78
deactivated-5bb7f2e29af78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@decaf_wizard: True, but the IoM and Galactic Empire are about even, and unlike the IoM. The Galactic Empire has no inner conflict and faster/better reliable tech.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyranids too many numbers

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: not really, wars can compare on a pound for pound basis in terms of fire power fleet wise. That in combination with vastly superior ftl will allow the empire to achieve local superiority and seriously mess with the 'nids in space and curb their effectiveness. The empire is every bit on par with the imperium, though each has advantages over each other in different ways. The only reason the imperium doesn't murk the 'nids in the bud is due being bogged down by so many threats at the same time, if they were freed up and allowed to focus solely on any single opponent they would crush whoever that poor sob is. The empire is going to be hurting afterward though.

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imperial bombers have bombs that can level a place the size of mos eisly. If the tyranids make planet fall they could just wipe out whatever numbers they have...

In space the empire has both the firepower and speed to stop any movement of hive fleets.....

They also have the suncrusher if worse comes to worse.......

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rammiton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These Hives would be reproducing so much. The Empire can't prevent them from tearing a part a lot of worlds for new biomass.

Hell, even killing a Norn-Queen could be WORSE for the Empire.

Oh, yes, unleash the Genestealers. Have fun with that on your ship.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarwavealpha:

how many SD,SSD, super weapons etc...

At the height of power, I think there was 3 SSD's, 2 death stars, I think there was 20,000+ SD's.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyranids.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the galactic empire then.

Avatar image for traskindustries
traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By traskindustries

Nids easily. Imperium of Man would stomp the Empire as well. Too big of a number's difference.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyranids wipe out the Star Wars verse

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lukespeedblitz

The SW universe has far over 365 trillion beings home to it. These numbers outclipse that of the Imperium as well. Tyranids cannot win here..... their numbers can easily be reduced by the massive amount of Star Destroyers patrolling space as well as troops on the ground....

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The SW universe has far over 365 trillion beings home to it. These numbers outclipse that of the Imperium as well. Tyranids cannot win here..... their numbers can easily be reduced by the massive amount of Star Destroyers patrolling space as well as troops on the ground....

You don't know warhammer very well do you?

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: I have read around 20 of their books..... if this is in reference to the numbers I have yet to see a number from Warhammer that is larger than 365 trillion....unless you can point me in that direction..

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: I have read around 20 of their books..... if this is in reference to the numbers I have yet to see a number from Warhammer that is larger than 365 trillion....unless you can point me in that direction..

First population doesnt matter, not everyone is armed an avg ripper swarm is going to feed off that pop like nothing.

Second you think Trillions are high, really? Even the Covenant from halo is catching up in the trillions.

Regardless proof before I smash your pathetic statement,

Starships, right before the great crusade the IoM had hundreds of thousands of ships formed into 7 fleets as stated down below. I'd like to add, this before the HH where they had even more fleets for each Primarch which was at least 20 more fleets

When the time came to leave Terra, it was a great moment. Not even the triumph at Ullanor can compare with the moment of grief as an entire world wept to see the architect of Unification depart. The alliance of Terra and Mars was complete, and the Mechanicum had outdone itself, building fleets of ships to allow the Emperor to take to the stars and complete his Great Crusade of Unity. The skies over Terra were thick with starships, hundreds of thousands of them organised into more than seven thousand fleets, reserve groups and secondary, follow-on forces. It was an armada designed to conquer the galaxy and that was exactly what we set out to do.

- A Thousand Sons

The max seen for the GE was what the op said, at their height and from fellow viners they stated the Empire had only 22,000 ISDs and 3 SSDs. No other ships matter because no other ships are spitting out enough firepower to make it so, furthermore their defenses would get wrecked. I'd also like to add,

Just on one planet held this much,

Dekla Penninsula

Resistance against daemonic incursion concentrated in this area. Refugees and military forces eventually overwhelmed by rampant daemonic host of inestimable size. Approximate casualties: 1.2 billion. Minds with true purpose and faith never wholly lost.

Warhammer: 4th Daemon Codex.

The planet wasn't even a hive planet. it had 1.2 billion people on it, theres still 999,999 worlds out there!!

Just in case you don't believe the million worlds quote for some reason, even though people like me who aren't even well versed in the 40k universe, know

The Emperor

This is the time of the Emperor, the Age of the Imperium. It is an epoch of war already ten thousand years old. In this war mere survival is justly hailed as a victory. Defeat can only lead to the irrevocable end of humanity and to the destruction of the very fabric of the universe. It is a war waged across the galaxy -- in the darkness of space, on a million worlds---

Warhammer: 5th Rulebook Edition.

And holy terra itself,

The spiritual heart of the Imperium is ancient Terra, cradle of the human race. Terra is a sprawling hive of towering metal spires, gothic cathedrals and ancient ruins. Untold billions shuffle through the polluted air, mindlessly eking out their miserable existence beneath the empty gaze of gargoyles and weeping angels.

Warhammer: 5th Rulebook Edition.

Furthermore

Planet Minea in Ultima Segmentum alone have 154,000,000,000 people in the Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition Rulebook as stated

Ichar IV have 500,000,000,000 people in the Codex: Tyranids 3rd Edition as stated

Billions of people can live on one Hive World ( population can vary from 25 to 500 billion as listed above ), and there are approximately 32,380 Hive Worlds in the Imperium. in the Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition Rulebook you can also find this as well. The Imo also is known to be a million worlds strong, and even if do we 1 million for some dumb reason times a million worlds or so, that comes out to 1 trillion. Seriously as I've already pointed out and quoted, this is not the case and the avg is far above this even in the rules books. So this so called "I read 20 books har har" is non sense imo, because you are either completely clueless, or just like your icon, most likely so biased it's not even funny.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9
deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nids easily. Imperium of Man would stomp the Empire as well. Too big of a number's difference.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The galactic empire has never dealt with a threat like the nids.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wf_mxyzptlk: And the 'nids have never dealt with a power like the Empire. The same size as the imperium (the difference is negligible) without any of the internal or external turmoil to bog it down and draw it's attention away from the horde of space locusts. That plus the hilariously superior ftl will allow the empire to zip around the galaxy with fleets large enough to at least stall hive splinter fleets and buy enough time for reinforcements to show up.

Not saying the empire for sure wins this, even if they do its going to be hell, but the mix of wars lowballing and 40k highballing in the thread is atrocious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall:

Regardless proof before I smash your pathetic statement,

Heh pathetic? Your apparent insatiable desire to prove me wrong could be seen as pathetic hmmm...

Starships, right before the great crusade the IoM had hundreds of thousands of ships formed into 7 fleets as stated down below. I'd like to add, this before the HH where they had even more fleets for each Primarch which was at least 20 more fleets

You are aware that the largest crusade fielded during the Horus Heresy was the Ullanor Campaign and it had at most billions of troops correct? The numbers they had during this time were large but don't blow them out of proportion....

and from fellow viners they stated the Empire had only 22,000 ISDs

Ah so you haven't done your research? I see.....

The planet wasn't even a hive planet. it had 1.2 billion people on it, theres still 999,999 worlds out there!!

This is like saying since coruscant has 1 trillion beings on it, and since there are millions of planets in SW then many planets must therefore have comparable numbers..... an incorrect assumption grasshopper..

Just in case you don't believe the million worlds quote for some reason, even though people like me who aren't even well versed in the 40k universe,

1. I have already seen the million worlds quotes thank you...

2. I am aware you are not well versed in 40k as it seems all you have read are some quotes from codexes which are inconsistent with the expanded universe....

Billions of people can live on one Hive World ( population can vary from 25 to 500 billion as listed above ), and there are approximately 32,380 Hive Worlds in the Imperium

Ah thank you for pointing me in this direction albeit in a convoluted way. Through calculation the imperium does have comparable numbers.....

this so called "I read 20 books har har" is non sense imo,

I do not read codexes I read the Horus Heresy and Space Marine novels... I am more than willing to wager my knowledge of the Warhammer verse surpasses that of yours if all you know are numbers you have gotten off the internet.....

Next time off up the information without inserting pathetic condescension and something like this can be a discussion and not an attempt to show "superiority" hmmmm

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MErulezall

@lukespeedblitz:

Heh pathetic? Your apparent insatiable desire to prove me wrong could be seen as pathetic hmmm...

Not really, only one remains. Remember there can only be........one. :)

You are aware that the largest crusade fielded during the Horus Heresy was the Ullanor Campaign and it had at most billions of troops correct? The numbers they had during this time were large but don't blow them out of proportion....

Two things, I'd like to say,

1. That was one Campaign out of many that were being fielded at the time.
  2. I'm pretty sure it was higher than billions regardless this dwarfs any battle fought between the Empire and the Rebels. If not please I'd like some quotes stating otherwise.

Ah so you haven't done your research? I see.....

Don't need to someone already gave me the quote, if you desire it, I can just hunt that person's post and just post the actual quote. This also means you havent done your fair amount of research for the Galactic Empire as you've yet to post any actual evidence suggesting that I'm wrong.

This is like saying since coruscant has 1 trillion beings on it, and since there are millions of planets in SW then many planets must therefore have comparable numbers..... an incorrect assumption grasshopper..

That's nice, but most of those beings are rather useless in this fight like they were useless during the vong invasion. Furthermore star wars itself the galaxy may have millions of planets, but the Empire wasn't in control of everything personally. Furthermore I'd also like some evidence stating they had "millions" of planets. I seriously doubt this, my guess maybe just above a million planets, MAYBE.

Additionally, unlike star wars we know the numbers or the guess of how much they are due to hand books. Considering you also dodged the fact you were wrong, furthermore supports my statement that you don't quite understand 40k nor did you do any research. Guesses from 40k fans already place them at the lowest I've seen 450 trillion humans under IoM control. However, if they are wrong feel free to state otherwise with posts. So far Ive provided a few planets that arent even that high in population, and furthermore if I must back it up with rulebooks stating specifically giving a rough estimate of how much each planet usually has. Which btw is most of the time higher than just "a million" which pushes them up in star wars pop cap which should be common sense tbh, because the numbers in 40k are way higher than that of star wars, and their conflicts way larger.....

I am aware you are not well versed in 40k as it seems all you have read are some quotes from codexes which are inconsistent with the expanded universe....

You mean quotes I personally dug up not copied from someone? Interesting, but youre right I'm not well versed so please do share your view. Regardless as I'm only have basic knowledge of warhammer 40k so far, I've already proven your statements to be false, and they will be false until proven otherwise. You have provided very little proof, so far and don't sound very convincing.

Ah thank you for pointing me in this direction albeit in a convoluted way. Through calculation the imperium does have comparable numbers.....

Why thank you, I'm glad you see this problem now.

I do not read codexes I read the Horus Heresy and Space Marine novels... I am more than willing to wager my knowledge of the Warhammer verse surpasses that of yours if all you know are numbers you have gotten off the internet.....

That it might be, but so far you've given me no reason to think you know more.

Next time off up the information without inserting pathetic condescension and something like this can be a discussion and not an attempt to show "superiority" hmmmm

I don't go the superior route, but ill note it next time.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: Iirc the number of Star Destroyers us actually 24000, according to Grand Admiral Thrawn. 24 Star Destroyers per sector fleet, along with dozens of various smaller supporting ships. And the Empire controlled 1000 sectors according to the same quote, therefor 24000 SDs.

That's a LOT of ships, especially considering how fast the empire can move them across the galaxy. They could very well focus more ships at once on a 'nid splinter fleets than the Imperium has ever been able to thanks to their vastly superior ftl and communications. Food for thought.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MErulezall

@paragonnate: sorry a 2,000 off. Also nothing short of an ISD is going to matter in a fight. Just letting you know.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wut

@paragonnate: The Tyranids attacking the IoM right now are a tiny fraction of their number (They have twelve galaxies worth of biomass already). According to the IoM's best guess, they will have to increase their military mobilization output by 500% just to beat the next projected hive fleet (and they still haven't stopped Leviathan). Just.. you know, putting that out there, and the IoM isn't the strongest faction in 40k even if they are unified and have no enemies.

@lukespeedblitz: The Codex aren't inconsistent with the rest of 40k. O.o the fact you think 40k even has an 'Expanded Universe' is telling. 40k doesn't have an expanded universe. It is all one universe with the same level of canon.

Also, no, the Jericho Reach Crusade had the IoM deploying 6 billion frontline Imperial Guardsmen to it.

Or, you know, places like Armageddon can pump out at least a hundred million men and several million vehicles which is considered a tiny fraction of their population.

For a hive world such as Armageddon, caught in the throes of an all-consuming war, a draft of at least a hundred million men at arms and several million armoured vehicles is typical - a tiny fraction of a the total populace which numbers in the hundreds of billions. A far flung agri-world may have a significantly lower military tribute, perhaps as few as five million men and cavalry, but this may be a significant proportion of the world's population. - Pg. 37 Imperial Guard 5th Edition Codex

Or, you know, the whole quotes about the IoM recruiting millions of Imperial Guardsmen everyday and the fact they have so many, and lose so many, every day they have no idea how many they really have at any one given time?

But keep trying tiger. Undercutting another Sci-Fi because you want yours to win is always how one stays classy.

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Ah so you selectively read one of my posts and totally missed where I mentioned how all I was looking for was examples for trillion+ population centers...... and the user showed me......

not surprising

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukespeedblitz: Perhaps if you had admit to ME you were wrong rather then ditch the thread? That is how one usually shows they learned something new and admit they were wrong (although, with your great knowledge of 20 novels, I am sure you are aware of that).

Not surprising, hm? So, if next time, when you are wrong and learn something new, you could say, "Oh, I see, it seems I underestimated them, hm. Fair enough," but hey, the more you know, right?

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: So you are mazerull?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Wut

@lukespeedblitz: Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I am sorry, that one made me smile. (And not just because you managed to misspell his name)

No, ME was beating you down with feats, you know, something you didn't bother to post (such as how all those novels contradict the codex that you never even read [crazy that, I wonder how you knew they contradicted?]) So, if you don't want someone like me, you know, someone who has read a great number of novels (20 seems like a good one), you could, I don't know, admit when you learned something new or concede the debate with class so, again, someone like me doesn't assume you just stubbornly left and refused to listen to reason and so needs further prompting because, well, internet tough guys and whatnot.

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Internet tough guy? Lol I told Maze "ah thank you for pointing me toward this information" and previously I said "not sure IoM has these numbers unless someone can point me in the right direction?......"

Instead of simply showing hive worlds and a calc they became convoluted ...

If anyone is being a tough guy here it is you who simply decided to jumpstart a dead thread and ask that I concede to you......lmao

So, if you don't want someone like me, you know, someone who has read a great number of novels (20 seems like a good one), you could, I don't know, admit when you learned something new or concede the debate with class so,

The discussion with Maze ended 24 days ago when I thanked him for giving me the numbers I had asked for several posts before. So tell me why you have restarted this dead discussion crying for me to tell you "yes you're right I'm wrong" when I wasn't talking to you at all? Please tell me your thought process here.......

So please tell me what point you are trying to make by resurrecting a 24 day old post of mine and slathering your irrelevant post in condescension?

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lettsplay10

tyranids

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukespeedblitz: If the last post in a thread is less than a month old, it isn't dead. A dead post, or thread, is one where it is a year long.

Really? Cause your last post to ME had these lovely gems in it:

^ Yeah, cause that is a sign you are admitting to be wrong, or how about:

^ Attempting to toss aside the numbers he gave you because it was a major campaign.

^ This was just silly. ME can do that because the Imperium divides its planets based on population and purpose, as such, yes, one can assume Hive Planets have population within a certain boundary making it entirely possible to hazard an estimation.

I am aware you are not well versed in 40k as it seems all you have read are some quotes from codexes which are inconsistent with the expanded universe....

^ An attempt to cast doubt on the evidence he is providing.

^ At best, you can argue this was a convoluted (see what I did there?) way of conceding, but it isn't. Especially when the evidence ME was providing shows the IoM has more soldiers then the GE does.

^ Oh, snap, those 20 novels worth of information are here! (Still curious how you know if, or not, codexes don't match up if you don't read them. Unless your knowledge comes from 4chan.)

Yes, one can only wonder how someone like me would come to the conclusion that you need further prodding.

So please tell me what point you are trying to make by resurrecting a 24 day old post of mine and slathering your irrelevant post in condescension?

Oh, a 24 day old post! Oh, my! Less than a month old! Crazy! (Please, you do know most threads on this site go for years, yes?)

I enjoy slathering. (Still curious on the codex bit).

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lel

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Ah so you want to ignore the fact that I thanked maze for showing me that the IoM indeed did have comparable numbers to SW and now want to argue with me over this topic when I've already stated I admit the IoM has comparable numbers?

Are you ignoring this point that I've made or are you delirious?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Wut

@lukespeedblitz: Ah, so you ignore everything in my post. Gotcha.

Okay, I will make it simple:

1. How do novels in the non-existent expanded universe go against the codexs (since, you know they do despite not reading them)? You have not bowed on that point, so I am free to do so.

2. What numbers are you using for the GE's military that make them equal to the IoM's manpower or naval vessels?

EDIT: Also, dear god man, it is ME. M. EEEEEE. As in Mass Effect. Not as in MAZE as in a place Minotaurs like to hang out in.

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Not interested in discussing this topic anymore than I already have tbh.....

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukespeedblitz: Well, when you are done browsing through your twenty novels, and do decide to crack open some codex, get back to me on this. I don't mind if a year has passed.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nids stomp

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone actually knows what the Tyranids are actually think the Empire has a chance here?

Tyranids win 10/10. Spite.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Sure, I'll type it up first thing in the morning when I get home. Right now I'm on my phone and at work, night shift is killing me. :'(

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By aftershafter

@paragonnate:

I'll be curious to see it. The only group I've seen give credible opposition to WH40k's organizations is Halo's Forerunners, and even then they're usually the odd man out. The Galactic Empire is generally treated as a B class group.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AfterShafter: Its been stated the Flood during the forerunner war as well gives WH40k a run for its money too.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By linsanel_Doctor

@AfterShafter: Its been stated the Flood during the forerunner war as well gives WH40k a run for its money too.

Stated by who?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linsanel_doctor: few people on SB. They've given proof when the flood wiped clean 9 solar systems

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By aftershafter

@solarwavealpha: Yeah, though that's conditional on how they start. Flood at their height do, but Flood starting as spores and following a regular infestation pattern just never get a foothold in the much more trigger happy Warhammer universe. I've also seen a lot of speculation about the effectiveness of the Flood continuing to spread/build biomass against a ruthless foe like, say, the Imperium VS the comparably touchy-feely Forerunners. The biggest problem the Forerunners faced was their own delay in squashing the Flood before they got rolling and nobody in Warhammer is likely to have that problem.

The Tyranids come in with a whole fleet and then spread - the Flood start small and spread, building a fleet. I didn't mention Flood because, despite their similarity to the Tyranids, they do provide a different problem.