#1  Edited By BMEZY

Mortal Kombat: TOPH BEI FONG vs KATARA

- Round 1: Morals

- Round 2: NO MORALS (bloodlusted)

-No prep

-No metalbending/bloodbending

-No Bystanders

-Battle takes place here in the land of Edenia:

Which Master Bender reigns supreme in a flawless victory??

Use Logic/reasoning

Be objective and fair

No bias/FTW

use scenarios and explanations to prove your case

Be NICE ;D

Use these videos as inspiration

TOPH BENDING FEATS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Ko7VusR04

KATARA BENDING FEATS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XmyS4tpuxk

NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NCC1396

Katara, i don't think there is something toph can throw at her that she can't block with unlimited water. and with the waqterfall right there.... she wins, plus she can heal herself. and FIRST

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By deadpool25mm

If i understood right, round 1 is without bending?

Round 1: Katara, making a whirlpool and washing Toph away.

Round 2: Toph since she can make a stone armor (like an Ironman suit just of stone) and beat katara up, lol. (the whirlpool wont work on her this round since she now has the stone armor) <-- if she uses the stone armor in round 1 she'll win both round.

(+ nice making the battle match )

*Edited*

NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NCC1396

And this part was really cool and she could something similarly to Toph.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BMEZY

@deadpool25mm: they can bend in round 1..they're just not trying to kill each other persay ;D

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deadpool25mm

@BMEZY: ah ok so ill see if i need to edit my comment :)

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BMEZY

@NCC1396: Toph is quicker on the draw...better reflexes and can anticipate and counter katara due to her "toph-senses"...the time it takes katara to gather enough water to do anything substantial to Toph, the blind bandit would barely adjust a toe, effectively burying Katara instantlY..I personally don't think Katara has reaction timing to contend with Toph..Toph has the earth at her command right under katara's feet. she has been shown to perform powerful feats just by twitching the joints and muscles in her hands and feet while Katara seems to have a whole megazoid sequence lol..

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pooty

@NCC1396: @deadpool25mm: @BMEZY: Can Toph manipulate the ground on Katara side?

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deadpool25mm

Ok i edited my First comment :)

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BMEZY

@pooty: yes sir ;D.

keep in mind though that Katara has virtually unlimited ammunition right behind her (her megazoid sequences might be a lil too slow for Toph though, since she's much quicker on the draw)

NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NCC1396

@pooty: Rules dont say no so yeah.

NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NCC1396

@BMEZY: But Top is blind and several waterbenders have created a type of jetstream underneath them to float around in the air, rendering Toph blind. i'm sure you know what i'm talking about you seem like you've seen the show.

@deadpool25mm: Round 2: keep in mind though that Katara could surround Toph in a bubble of water, she did something similarly to Zuko if i'm not mistaken.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BMEZY

@NCC1396: I see exactly what you mean...Toph actually "sees" better than a person that can actually see..her senses are heightened to an astonishing degree.. Katara raises a hand and Katara senses it and successfully counters the blow with earth..Katara has the firepower to do some damage, I just doubt Toph giving her the time do so..When fighting another bender, the dude raised a foot to shoot fire at Toph, and to her perception he seemed to be frozen, giving toph ample amount of time to percieve, react to the attack and then counter it effectively...toph does the same thing with earth (the floating thing that is..hers is considerably faster). I see Toph's natural agressive behavior simply overwhelming Katara.

NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NCC1396

@BMEZY: I think the Only way Top would win is if she hits her before Katara can grab some water, but every other way i think its Katara.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BMEZY

@NCC1396: in what way?? Toph can effectively block with a big slab of rock and the boulders she can lift without breaking a sweat is pretty sweet too. rock and earth shatters ice fairly easy.. and it Toph makes her armor contraption thingie, Katara doesn't have a prayer..Toph is a very good offensive and defensive player, and she has the advantage because Katara depends on Toph's element for support (it's beneath her) Toph can exploit this easy...Katara gets buried or grated into a nasty looking paste or trap simply k.o'ed

NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NCC1396

@BMEZY: As i've already stated, earth isn't Katara's only support, she has water, and has used it to her advantage when trying to avoid being hit Ex. her fight with Azula in the last episode. A boulder has been seen rather usless against a waterbender in a defensive manor

Hama easily cut the rock into four peices. Katara defeated Hama. What i'm saying is, if Katara gets in the air she wins. If Toph makes her armor, Katara could still drown her. Toph will win if she hits her before Katara can grab water.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BMEZY

@NCC1396: Katara mainly on the ground no matter the opposition..that rock the Hama is cutting is stationary..meaning, it isn't moving at all.. let's see Katara block a 50 foot boulder coming at her at speeds over 60 mph...we cannot forget the Toph is very aggressive and she can and will overwhelm Katara..Katara isn't fast enough.. you know how much she has to wave her hands around and set-up to gather enough water to put down Toph, the blind bandit would have already K.O-ed or bury her where she stands...I can't see Toph drowning because she can use the earth beneath her to elevate herself high enough and get the jump on Katara. Katara raises a hand to summon water and Toph shifts her weight to the exact angle and at the pricise moment and time to off-center Katara, react to her attack and counter it with an offensive blow that Katara would be powerless to stop because it'll be coming at her before she sees it..Toph has done this to most of her opposition. she waits and listens and Katara will fail.

NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NCC1396

@BMEZY: Then why would you make this post if you were going to be so closed minded, i gave you my input and that's all. Its not traditional for the post creator to put in their input, it defeats the purpose of you making this thread.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HBKTimHBK

I honestly always thought Katara was more powerful then Toph, she has better feats against Zuko and Azula.

DTFB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DTFB

well water kinda sits on Earth soooooo Toph has all kinds of advantages.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toph is more skilled and takes round 1 because she is tougher and Katara will hesitate to knock her out

Round 2 Katara uses Toph's blindness to her advantage here. Toph's blindness is a huge disadvantage for her if someone knows about it. If this was Bumi though I think he would KO Katara easily because Earth is my favorite element and I am biased to it.

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

@NCC1396 said:

Katara, i don't think there is something toph can throw at her that she can't block with unlimited water. and with the waqterfall right there.... she wins, plus she can heal herself. and FIRST

I agree with this. Katara takes this.

NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NCC1396

@deadpool6_6_6: Thank you

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

@NCC1396: yvw

Avatar image for iamlovewithin500
Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Iamlovewithin500

Katara isn't fast enough.. you know how much she has to wave her hands around and set-up to gather enough water to put down Toph, the blind bandit would have already K.O-ed or bury her where she stands..

Waterbending is based off Tai chi,so of course There moments are slower and refined,but that doesn't so much prove anything, because majority of time the bigger the move,the more  movement is requires for the marital arts maneuver.  

Katara doesn't need to  do a damn martial arts combo attack every time she bends,she did just fine against Azula,whose arguably faster and more agile than Toph.It doesn't take much for her to smack Toph with a wave like she did at "Crossroads of Destiny"

we cannot forget the Toph is very aggressive and she can and will overwhelm Katara 

Katara's no push over either. 
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pokergeist
@BMEZY
LOL You know I will go with Toph on Morals. Katara knows her and has a paternal instinct. Round 2 is all Katara for reason stated on the other thread. More Versaltility in her bending and better train by real masters of their art.
MrPuertillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MrPuertillo

Toph both rounds.

With morals on she doesn't mind throwing 10 ton rocks at her friends.

Not to mention it took the entire team to defeat Melon Lord.

Katara is good but water pales in comparison with earth. Toph would sense and tag Katara the moment she moves her feet.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pokergeist
@NCC1396 said:

@BMEZY: Then why would you make this post if you were going to be so closed minded, i gave you my input and that's all. Its not traditional for the post creator to put in their input, it defeats the purpose of you making this thread.

Probaly cause on the Aang/Toph vs Katara/Zuko thread I kept defending Katara as the best bender in the group.
NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NCC1396

@MrPuertillo: Tagging someone as soon as they move is hardly a fight, it's exactly the same as blitzing and pulling that one out never solves any battles. The Flash can blitz most of the people in DC and Marvel, but in an actual battle he sucks.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I think this could go either way in both rounds, but I think earth is more defensively and offensively advantageous than water, so I think Toph has a slight edge here.

NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NCC1396

@CadenceV2: I would agree with that, Toph is only special because of her extra sences and metal bending. take away her extra sences and give back her vision she's hardly an extraordinary fighter. Zuko isn't quite a master, he got schooled by Katara who never received official training in the first season. And Aang was spread to thin he never quite mastered all of the elements in the duration of the show.

MrPuertillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MrPuertillo

@NCC1396: Blitzing is very recurrent in The Last Airbending. Both Katara and Toph have done it tons of times, Toph being more skilled though and taking more opponents at the same time.

Anyways Toph is a former PROFESSIONAL earth-bending fighter. Thus has more experience.

I can see Katara running inside a building and then realize that the door is close and the walls are getting closer.

Mortal Combat style, Toph does a 64 combo and finishes her with a fatality.

ThatThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ThatThorFan

Toph in both rounds.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pokergeist

Just as been said before Katara has saved the team more times than Aang himself have. Hell Katara has save Aang from death. She has beaten Hama who thru blood bending own everyone, beaten Zuko who Aang at best ran from, deafeted a heartless craze beserker Azula, beaten both Tai and Mai, and surpass her master Pakuu who is the best Waterbender period as a member of the White Lotus. Who has Toph beaten in her awsome showings? Hell I think King Bumi is a better earth bender, even if he cant metal bend. What training has she has and how many times whether it be in the Serphant Path, Walking the Desert, or fighting Giant Hornets has she been useless? She is limited. Anyone Remember when explosive guy has Toph and Katara put into a WOODEN jail cell? Who got them out? Kataras Sweat!!!
NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NCC1396

@CadenceV2: She probably is the most talented bender in the group as already stated. Toph is only considered a good bender because of her extra "Eyes" it's not her bending that makes her superior but her advantage that she has over everyone else.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrPuertillo said:

Toph both rounds.

With morals on she doesn't mind throwing 10 ton rocks at her friends.

Not to mention it took the entire team to defeat Melon Lord.

Katara is good but water pales in comparison with earth. Toph would sense and tag Katara the moment she moves her feet.

the greatest last airbender villain of all time

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pokergeist
@NCC1396
Also her biggest weakness, she used to be helpless in Sand and she cant swim at all.
NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NCC1396

@CadenceV2: Not any more though, she started sand bending in the end o f season three remember? She made the town on the beach

MrPuertillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MrPuertillo

@CadenceV2: Yea, the helpless and blind Toph saved the whole group from being buried alive if I recall correctly.

MrPuertillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MrPuertillo

@VercingetorixTheGreat: I can't see the picture /: or video or thingy you posted for me.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pokergeist
@NCC1396 said:

@CadenceV2: Not any more though, she started sand bending in the end o f season three remember? She made the town on the beach

Thats why I said used to have trouble in Sand.
MrPuertillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MrPuertillo

@VercingetorixTheGreat: Oh yes Melon Lord stomps effortlessly.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Toph.

I.A.T.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pokergeist
@NCC1396
Yup she sure did something useful for once LOL! Oh wait she lost Appa tho LOL
MrPuertillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MrPuertillo

@CadenceV2: I'd rather lose some big animal than let my mom die ala Katara.

MrPuertillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MrPuertillo

I still believe Toph wins, let the AMVs decide.

And yes the greatest Villain of all time.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jeanroygrant

Katara.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BMEZY

@NCC1396: hmm in what way exactly?? I simply stated my own objective opinion based on what I already know about the two characters. No one said that your input is WRONG..You gave me your opinion. Wonderful, I respect your opinion as you should mine, but since I don't agree with it and gave you my own little spend of how I think it should go, then I'm closed minded because I'm not agreeing with what you say. You gave your inputs about the battle so why can't I?? and then suddenly I'm closed-minded?? dude GTFO with that. I never said that Katara doesn't win because she's not powerful enough, hell she has an unlimited supply of water RIGHT behind her. I gave Toph the win due to her superior senses, reflexes, agility and her being able to effectively get the jump on katara before she gets the chance to summon anything substantial (water does sits directly above earth y'know ;D Toph can literally drain that little lake thing -shrugs-) Me being close-minded is saying that it is literally IMPOSSIBLE for Katara to win..I just think toph has more resources to draw from and the skill to use it effectively (not saying Katara doesn't)..

And the reason why I posted this thread is because these are my two favorite characters from the Avatar Universe and people tend to bring new information about the characters into threads like these that I can learn from. I have an opinion and as OP there's nothing wrong with that. I want to hear some others and test it to my theory (oh and to learn some more cool facts about the characters) I've never heard a rule saying that if you make a battle thread you aren't allowed to throw in your two cents...people do it all the time.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BMEZY

@Iamlovewithin500: You're right..I just feel that Toph's reflexes and senses are considerable faster than Katara enabling her to perceive, react, and then counter Katara more times than Katara would be able to get a hit (She might get a few though).