EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By EssentiallyHeroes

I'm gonna say Toph for many reasons.

1. She can make instant use of her surroundings with Earthbending while Al must use a transmutation circle. Plus, anything he could do with a circle, Toph could easily counter.

2. Toph is a better martial artist. Although Al hasn't had as many showings, I think Toph has more skill.

3. SHE'S A FREAKING METALBENDER!!! Toph can twist Al into a pretzel before he can land a hit.

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By beautifulrevery

@joewell said:

Toph from Avatar

Al from FMA

Both are in character but are willing to kill

No prep

Basic info

Fight takes place in Ba Sing Se

They start 100 feet apart

FMA or brotherhood? If it's brotherhood then Al takes it. If it's the original series then Toph

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Joewell911

@beautifulrevery: Feats can be used from both

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EssentiallyHeroes

@beautifulrevery said:

@joewell said:

Toph from Avatar

Al from FMA

No prep

Basic info

FMA or brotherhood? If it's brotherhood then Al takes it. If it's the original series then Toph

I don't see how it makes much of a difference. Toph can drop either version before he has the chance to do anything.

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By beautifulrevery

@joewell said:

Ah, well then, Al takes it.

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@joewell said:

Toph from Avatar

Al from FMA

No prep

Basic info

I don't see how it makes much of a difference. Toph can drop either version before he has the chance to do anything.

The latest version of Al is human and as such Toph can't just drop him because he's metal. He can also transmute without the use of a circle like Ed and is far more versatile than Toph. He's also an extremely skilled fighter and deals with people with Toph like abilities regularly. Now if it's metal Al things change considerably since Toph won't go for the kill shot right off the bat and that will give Al an opportunity to create an imprisonment whereever they may be. One he learns that she is able to escape imprisonment and only manipulate stone and metal he will then device another cage for her, probably made from wood.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pokergeist

@beautifulrevery said:

@joewell said:

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@joewell said:

Toph from Avatar

Al from FMA

No prep

Basic info

The latest version of Al is human and as such Toph can't just drop him because he's metal. He can also transmute without the use of a circle like Ed and is far more versatile than Toph. He's also an extremely skilled fighter and deals with people with Toph like abilities regularly. Now if it's metal Al things change considerably since Toph won't go for the kill shot right off the bat and that will give Al an opportunity to create an imprisonment whereever they may be. One he learns that she is able to escape imprisonment and only manipulate stone and metal he will then device another cage for her, probably made from wood.

The Latest version isnt human. He is being use here as a walking suit. The show ended with him being Human. When said using Al from FMA you use the version which was the Metal Suit.

Thats like using the current version of a character who died and post "well hes dead so such and such win."

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery: Being made of metal isn't why I said that. Toph's earthbending will make most everything Al does futile.

1. She can make the ground shoot up from under him and hit him at almost any distance in an instant so even if he keeps his distance, he'll have worries. And even then, she wouldn't let him get within striking distance either way.

2. Toph can pretty much see every move he is about to make so martial arts is out of the question on top of the fact that Toph can manipulate the ground from right under him with the wave of her hand or the stomp of her foot.

3. None of Al's transmutations will hit since Toph can just break them and send them back near instantly. Plus like said, she can see what Al is about to do so after one transmutation, she will know when he is about to attack and beat him too the punch.

4. Hiding and launching a surprise attack is out of the question as well. Toph would see him anywhere as long as he is touching something that is touching the ground (she could see a porcupine far off in a forest and used earthbending to launch it to her with perfect accuracy) so unless this Al can fly or hover at the very least, she will know where he is at all times.

Range, accuracy, defense, senses, skill, speed, strength, Toph has all of these things over even the latest version of Al so I'm not seeing how he wins here. IMO, he will put up a fight at best. Unless I am missing something, in which case please let me know.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CadenceV2 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@joewell said:

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@joewell said:

Toph from Avatar

Al from FMA

No prep

Basic info

The Latest version isnt human. He is being use here as a walking suit. The show ended with him being Human. When said using Al from FMA you use the version which was the Metal Suit.

Thats like using the current version of a character who died and post "well hes dead so such and such win."

Like I said, it doesn't matter either way. Toph has too many advantages here, not to mention a home field advantage.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After thinking it over Al wins, he's too versatile for her, and for those of you saying she can bend metal, she still has to touch the metal in order to bend it

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pokergeist

@UltimateHero0406: Also Toph last seen from Avatar wears Metal Armor, has 2 Omega Red metal Whips, and even more experience in Martial Arts lol.

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By beautifulrevery

@CadenceV2 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@joewell said:

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@joewell said:

Toph from Avatar

Al from FMA

No prep

Basic info

FMA Brotherhood. The latest version is human. Like I said if we're using the metal version then that changes up my argument.

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@beautifulrevery: Being made of metal isn't why I said that. Toph's earthbending will make most everything Al does futile.

1. She can make the ground shoot up from under him and hit him at almost any distance in an instant so even if he keeps his distance, he'll have worries. And even then, she wouldn't let him get within striking distance either way.

2. Toph can pretty much see every move he is about to make so martial arts is out of the question on top of the fact that Toph can manipulate the ground from right under him with the wave of her hand or the stomp of her foot.

3. None of Al's transmutations will hit since Toph can just break them and send them back near instantly. Plus like said, she can see what Al is about to do so after one transmutation, she will know when he is about to attack and beat him too the punch.

Range, accuracy, defense, senses, skill, speed, strength, Toph has all of these things over even the latest version of Al so I'm not seeing how he wins here. IMO, he will put up a fight at best. Unless I am missing something, in which case please let me know.

1. Al is no slouch and deals with people who are able to do the same things as Toph. Alchemists are not very different except for the use of Transmutation circles which some don't have to do(Ed, Al, Scar, Teacher)

2. Yes, Toph can see whatever move he's going to make however if he say, transmutes some wood then Toph can do nothing about it. And even if she manipulates the ground right under him that will not put him down for good.

3. Same as 2, wood transmutations.

4. Range, accuracy, defense, skill, and speed(combat speed, not bending/transmutation) are all about equal with strength going to Al. You're severely underestimating Al's skill in battle which is constantly shown and stated to be higher than Ed's and his intelligence is on par. Also you're forgetting that Al can make "traps" for Toph in the midst of battle that he can activate from long range since he does not need to be touching an alchemiical array in order to use them.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dredeuced

@CadenceV2 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@joewell said:

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@joewell said:

Toph from Avatar

Al from FMA

No prep

Basic info

Why? End of the series Al is a grown human male with all the powers he had previously, but no longer as a suit of armor. Unless the OP specifies that Al is from before the end of the series, we assume he's his most recent incarnation.

That said, I think Al wins anyhow. Without Father's limiter on them, alchemists got a WHOLE lot more powerful and his abilities and great reaction time would counter most of Toph's. Metalbending or no, Toph has never Metalbent without touching the metal, or atleast being very close to it.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pokergeist

Lin Bei Fong. Train by toph in her skill and Bending. As seen she shows off what the Metal Suit and Whips can do.

Toph uses this suit.

Just throwing it out there lol.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pokergeist

@Dredeuced said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@joewell said:

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@joewell said:

Toph from Avatar

Al from FMA

No prep

Basic info

Why? End of the series Al is a grown human male with all the powers he had previously, but no longer as a suit of armor. Unless the OP specifies that Al is from before the end of the series, we assume he's his most recent incarnation.

That said, I think Al wins anyhow. Without Father's limiter on them, alchemists got a WHOLE lot more powerful and his abilities and great reaction time would counter most of Toph's. Metalbending or no, Toph has never Metalbent without touching the metal, or atleast being very close to it.

Lets say we go with this... what Feats Al has as Human? Any? None? I know one thing he lost his Durability advantage LOL.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Joewell911

@Dredeuced: ,@redbird3rdboywonder: Toph cn bend metaal with out touching it, watch the last episode when she's in the blimp

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@joewell said:

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@joewell said:

Toph from Avatar

Al from FMA

No prep

Basic info

FMA Brotherhood. The latest version is human. Like I said if we're using the metal version then that changes up my argument.

@UltimateHero0406 said:

1. Al is no slouch and deals with people who are able to do the same things as Toph. Alchemists are not very different except for the use of Transmutation circles which some don't have to do(Ed, Al, Scar, Teacher)

2. Yes, Toph can see whatever move he's going to make however if he say, transmutes some wood then Toph can do nothing about it. And even if she manipulates the ground right under him that will not put him down for good.

4. Range, accuracy, defense, skill, and speed(combat speed, not bending/transmutation) are all about equal with strength going to Al. You're severely underestimating Al's skill in battle which is constantly shown and stated to be higher than Ed's and his intelligence is on par. Also you're forgetting that Al can make "traps" for Toph in the midst of battle that he can activate from long range since he does not need to be touching an alchemiical array in order to use them.

1. I know what Al has gone up against. I'm just saying that Toph is going to be a major threat due to everything she has going for her in this scenario.

2. I'm pretty sure getting hit with stone juts multiple times will do a good amount of damage. And since your saying it's human Al, a lot more since he has bones to break now. That alone is a major factor. Toph has the ability to turn any stone or metal in the vicinity into a weapon in an instant. Al has his work cut out for him.

3. That still doesn't make much of a difference. If she isn't controlling stone transmutations, she can break his wooden transmutations just as easily. Stone > wood.

4. Toph can do anything Al can do and more. For example, Toph can whip up a dust cloud and go for a surprise attack. Or she can just sink his body into a hole from any distance. No hands = no transmutations. Once she sees that Al's hands are the source of his power, she could very well target them. And what do you mean by "traps"?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Joewell911

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@joewell said:

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@joewell said:

Toph from Avatar

Al from FMA

No prep

Basic info

@UltimateHero0406 said:

1. I know what Al has gone up against. I'm just saying that Toph is going to be a major threat due to everything she has going for her in this scenario.

2. I'm pretty sure getting hit with stone juts multiple times will do a good amount of damage. And since your saying it's human Al, a lot more since he has bones to break now. That alone is a major factor. Toph has the ability to turn any stone or metal in the vicinity into a weapon in an instant. Al has his work cut out for him.

3. That still doesn't make much of a difference. If she isn't controlling stone transmutations, she can break his wooden transmutations just as easily. Stone > wood.

4. Toph can do anything Al can do and more. For example, Toph can whip up a dust cloud and go for a surprise attack. Or she can just sink his body into a hole from any distance. No hands = no transmutations. Once she sees that Al's hands are the source of his power, she could very well target them. And what do you mean by "traps"?

Can yall stop using this quote please, it keeps sending me massages

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CalebHara

Toph takes this.

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By beautifulrevery

@UltimateHero0406:

1. I'm not saying she won't be but due to versatility and skill Al will take this no matter how much I love Toph

2. The OP already stated it's not human Al(or was that Cadence?). In any event Human Al can dodge for awhile and metal Al can tank the shots. Yes it will be difficult but it's not as though it's impossible for someone of Al's skills and abilities.

3. If he separates her from the ground then she has no way of bending since she won't be able to see. Al will notice she's blind right off the bat and that will be taken into consideration in her battle style.

4. Toph cannot do everything Al can do as she is limited to Earth and metal. Al won't let his hands get trapped easily or else it would have been done multiple times in FMA. And by traps I mean transmutation arrays around the battlefield that he can scratch out in the midst of battle. Al has the ability to activate transmutation arrays from a distance possibly due to his soul not being bound to a human body. It's still all speculation however he has demonstrated the ability multiple times in FMA and in Brotherhood.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NeonGameWave

Toph.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery: 2. Wait so are you saying this is human or armor Al? Human Al will have a hard time with such dangerous projectiles. Metal Al gets wrecked after Toph comes within a few feet of him.

3. Umm, how is Al going to separate Toph from the ground. Al has no means to do so. Unless he makes a wooden cage and hangs it on a wooden pole way up in the air. That's not happening. And Toph wouldn't let him do it anyway. Plus she has her meteor bracelet which she could use to break the wood.

4. The materials are not a factor here. Using wood or ice won't help Al since stone and metal are better than both. And like I said, which version are you using? And either way, I doubt Al is going to have time to draw transmutation circles while he is defending against Toph.

And like I said, Toph knows the area so she will know where usable things are. She could hide if she needs to. Also, she can like I said, have many stones from the ground coming at him at once at him at once so even with good reaction time, I doubt he will have time to dodge/block and make transmutation circles. So he will have to rely on his transmutations which Toph can counter pretty easily.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: The blimp itself was metal so she was in fact touching it in order to bend it

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dondave

Toph

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points