• 53 results
nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nickzambuto

As we all know, with movies and filler and such, the Toei versions of Dragon Ball characters often end up being a lot stronger than their Toriyama counterpart. If we look at Frieza in the anime, he has such feats as creating a supernova-sized blast in first form when destroying Planet Vegeta, and fighting Goku so fast that King Kai could not see them, despite the fact that King Kai could keep track of Goku's spaceship on its way to Namek.

So my question is, if we go by feats, statements, portrayal, and general hype and NOT power levels, who is stronger? Frieza in the anime, or Beerus in Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F'?

Note: Keep in mind we are not using Super's version of Beerus here, because that is the Toei version, and like Frieza he has much better feats than the Toriyama version, who is only seen in the two films.

Avatar image for ultimateinferno
UltimateInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Well, when you think about it, Toriyama wrote both, and Super makes BOG and ROF non-canon, so...

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nickzambuto

@ultimateinferno said:

@nickzambuto: Well, when you think about it, Toriyama wrote both, and Super makes BOG and ROF non-canon, so...

Wrote both of what?

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beerus

UltimateInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super and both movies.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super and both movies.

I think you missed the point here. In the anime, characters have much better feats than in the manga. My question is are those feats so much better that Frieza can defeat somebody like Beerus?

UltimateInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By UltimateInferno

@nickzambuto: Uh... possibly?

EDIT: Actually, probably not. Beerus, even from movies, was on a complete whole other level than Frieza. But not ROF Frieza.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EDIT: Actually, probably not. Beerus, even from movies, was on a complete whole other level than Frieza. But not ROF Frieza.

But the feats man. The feats...

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beerman.

Beata

UltimateInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimateinferno said:

But the feats man. The feats...

I know,I know, but still Beerus has feats, even outside of Super when he and Goku went from multi solar system tier to at the very least galaxy tier.

PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: By Feats Beerus still destroyed two stars casually and provided half the strength needed to endanger the universe.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nickzambuto

@nickzambuto: By Feats Beerus still destroyed two stars casually and provided half the strength needed to endanger the universe.

He did not do that.

PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

Ez

Beerus >>>>>> SSJ3 Goku >> SSJ2 Gohan >>> Perfect Cell >>> Super Vegeta >> Semi-Perfect Cell >> Android 18 >> Trunks >> Frieza

PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: So, he did do that.

Not Toriyama's Beerus.

@le0nhart said:

@nickzambuto:

Ez

Beerus >>>>>> SSJ3 Goku >> SSJ2 Gohan >>> Perfect Cell >>> Super Vegeta >> Semi-Perfect Cell >> Android 18 >> Trunks >> Frieza

AAGGH EVERYONE IS MISSING THE POINT

PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Which point? you didn't say "feats only", you said "if we go by feats, statements, portrayal, and general hype"

DesolatorStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's see. Beerus in the movies was capable of casual planet and star destruction, and not much else was elaborated on, and he was definitely stronger than Frieza. Beersus's feats in Super(whether it be manga or anime), makes his movie counterpart look pitiful. Beerus wrecks Frieza.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Sooooo, RoF and DBS =\= Toriyamas work?

THAT'S NOT THE POINT

@le0nhart said:

@nickzambuto: Which point? you didn't say "feats only", you said "if we go by feats, statements, portrayal, and general hype"

Yes but you're missing the point. In this scenario, think of the anime, and the manga/BoG as alternate universes. Beerus did beat a SSJ3 Goku who was superior to all those other characters leading into a chain ending with Freeza, but by feats, that version of Freeza was a lot weaker than the anime Frieza.

There was another thread here some time ago, "Anime Goku vs Manga Goku" and it was pretty unanimous that anime Goku stomps. So same question here, but on a higher scale.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nickzambuto

I made a terrible mistake with this thread

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Beerus by hopelessly out matching him in strength (ramming into planets and making them blow up is beyond Frieza).

PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: What additional feats does anime Frieza have over manga Frieza??

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@le0nhart said:

He created a supernova-sized blast in his first form when destroying Planet Vegeta, and fought Goku so fast that King Kai could not see them, despite the fact that King Kai could keep track of Goku's spaceship on its way to Namek and was also keeping track of Goku and Freeza's fight in the manga.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made a terrible mistake with this thread

It happens. I've made much more embarrassing threads than this one if it helps.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Beerus one shots

Raizell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By Raizell

Hmm lets see just feats

DC:BoG and RoF Beerus>Toei Frieza (Beerus has star level DC while Frieza has planet level)

Durability:Toei Frieza>BoG and RoF Beerus (Well not Toei only but Frieza survived planet explosion while Beerus did that only in DBS manga)

Speed:Toei Frieza>BoG and RoF Beerus (Frieza is so fast King Kai can't see him same guy who can track spaceships)

Strength:BoG and RoF Beerus>Toei Frieza (I don't remember Frieza having any strength feat aside from lifting and throwing island sized rock with telekinesis while Beerus moved large part of mountain as side effect of his movement also rammed into planets)

I think Beerus could win but it will be hard to tag Frieza.

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

lol .

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beerus

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

Actually the Beerus that we see in BoG and RoF is the same Beerus that we see in Super and all three had Toriyama`s involvement (or fingerprints all over) it goes beyond what we came to understand about Toriyama`s involvement when it came to GT. The same people who work on the anime in that annotated context also work on the manga and the universal feat that we saw in Episode 12 extending Episode 13 is echoed within the manga.

Now, I think Dragon Ball movie and video game characters seem to be potrayed differently when it comes to power-level but an argument could be made on how we see other media as being canon is it first, secondary, or just non-canon?

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just gonna drop this

No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As we all know, with movies and filler and such, the Toei versions of Dragon Ball characters often end up being a lot stronger than their Toriyama counterpart. If we look at Frieza in the anime, he has such feats as creating a supernova-sized blast in first form when destroying Planet Vegeta, and fighting Goku so fast that King Kai could not see them, despite the fact that King Kai could keep track of Goku's spaceship on its way to Namek.

So my question is, if we go by feats, statements, portrayal, and general hype and NOT power levels, who is stronger? Frieza in the anime, or Beerus in Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F'?

Note: Keep in mind we are not using Super's version of Beerus here, because that is the Toei version, and like Frieza he has much better feats than the Toriyama version, who is only seen in the two films.

Friezas attack which blew up king vegeta wasn't anywhere near super nova level unless it did a lot more than blow up planet vegeta....Not touching this thread.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beeeerus

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Depends...does Frieza deny him pudding?

No Caption Provided

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frieza casually destroyed a planet. Bills casually flew through over 6.

@le0nhart said:

He created a supernova-sized blast in his first form when destroying Planet Vegeta

no, he didn't.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: @jashro44:'Cooler's Revenge' shows another side to Frieza's destruction of Planet Vegeta, the blast extends FAR passed Vegeta and engulfs a distant planet. This looks pretty supernova-ish to me.

Loading Video...

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RandomSid82

@nickzambuto: In the Anime Frieza did NOT create a Supernova sized blast to destroy planet Vegeta. Where do people get this from? The blast was only large enough to destroy the planet. Or are you talking about from the movie Coolers Revenge? Because the blast sizes are VERY different in the normal Anime and that single movie.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By nickzambuto

@randomsid: We're talking about Toei Freeza in general vs Toriyama's Beerus from BoG and RoF.

EDIT: The point is that it's well known that Toei gives characters really good feats in the movies and filler, but is the power difference between the anime and manga actually so great that Frieza can compete with the God of Destruction? Going by feats, I think the answer is yes.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RandomSid82

@nickzambuto: So you are talking about Frieza pre-Revival of Frieza? No. He wouldn't stand any chance whatsoever even if the blast in Coolers Revenge was Supernova size(I do not think it was). It still didn't destroy more than two planets. Meanwhile Beerus has the power to destroy planets all across the universe. Please don't be one of those people that say because the power was negated and it didn't happen means he doesn't have the power to do so. That's one of the dumbest arguments I've seen lately.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i never like to talk to nick about dragon ball

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Nono this is TOEI Frieza vs TORIYAMA Beerus. As I already said, just BoG and RoF. Super is primarily done by Toei and follows the pattern of characters getting way better feats.

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By alcoholbob

Goku pre-God almost destroyed King Kais planet with a punch and then was casually 1 shotted by Beerus. Frieza has no chance.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Nono this is TOEI Frieza vs TORIYAMA Beerus. As I already said, just BoG and RoF. Super is primarily done by Toei and follows the pattern of characters getting way better feats.

Wait, why would Super not be valid here? It is specifically done by Toriyama, everything that happens there he has to approve first.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: Toriyama wrote the full scripts for BoG and RoF, his involvement with Super is a lot less hands on, in fact his involvement is almost nonexistent until the Universe 6 arc. At this point in the story Toei is handling virtually everything. That's why we have big characterization changes like Goku being delighted with the god power in Super but dissatisfied with it in BoG because he couldn't reach it on his own. BoG was Toriyama's characters, Super is Toei's version with heroic Goku, sadistic Beerus, laughingstock Krillin, and crazy feats.

Beholdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

toriyama Beerus > Toriyama/toei frieza

shit topic

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jashro44

@nickzambuto: A super nova has enough power to out shine a galaxy. To put this into perspective our sun is one million times the size of the earth and it doesn't have the mass to explode into a super nova.

Loading Video...

http://www.space.com/6638-supernova.html

Friezas attack is multi-planetary based on that video but I don't think its comparable to a super nova. Beerus being able to blow up 2 stars should trump that feat by a lot unless we are assuming the stars Beerus destroyed were freakishly small (but even than it would still probably be beyond multi-planetary). Personally I would assume the suns Beerus destroyed are comparable to our own unless stated otherwise.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this isn't Beerus from Super right?