• 179 results
nischel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nischel

The Time Lords at their height wants to completely destroy the Celestials, and vice versa, as they consider each other a threat to the omniverse or some such.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By KainScion

as i've seen the recent series of doctor who, i believe this is doable. he put rifts in space and time just by blowing up 1 tardis. imagine with 5. but this battle will blow you're mind with the possibilities. the last doctor escaped from certain scenarios at least 30 times

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Celestials. Not every Time Lord is the Doctor.

Sega_Shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sega_Shaman

I'd give this to the Time Lords, since they were pretty close to ending Time itself. I've only seen them against David Tennant,  and they were pretty dang powerful, plus there was a passing remark that they invented black holes while the 10th Doctor was piloting out of one.

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ThanoStomp

I love the Dr. Who shows.  Lots of cool, original concepts for scifi come out of that series. 

But the Time Lords are basically humanoid beings that can resurrect themselves.  And they can be taken down by a simple bullet.  A Celestial would easily one shot a Time Lord.   Put the entire races against one another.....  no difference.

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By the darknessss

time lords i think will lose,even the doctor is having trouble here big time,slim chance of a win. 1.5/8.5
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By difficlus

I think...time lords win. @ThanoStomp said:

I love the Dr. Who shows.  Lots of cool, original concepts for scifi come out of that series.  But the Time Lords are basically humanoid beings that can resurrect themselves.  And they can be taken down by a simple bullet.  A Celestial would easily one shot a Time Lord.   Put the entire races against one another.....  no difference.
um right but their tech dude. One tardis can recreate a universe. 
ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ThanoStomp
@difficlus:  
No doubt, the Lords had good tech.  But they did lose to a bunch of tin cans.  Celestials survived thier universe being destroyed, so I'm thinking they could survive a similar time/universe ending threat from the Lords. 
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By difficlus
@ThanoStomp said:

@difficlus:  No doubt, the Lords had good tech.  But they did lose to a bunch of tin cans.  Celestials survived thier universe being destroyed, so I'm thinking they could survive a similar time/universe ending threat from the Lords. 

the those tin cans had great tech too. and it wasn't a loss. it was stalemate. The daleks bleed into alternate universes and time streams etc and the time lords were just going to end time and space to kill them but the doctor himself betrayed them.  
  besides the celestials lost to sue storm =P
As for universe explosion survival the tardis can do something like that. Prehaps the time lords severe their connection to our universe through hyperspace like sue storm did. 
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By buttersdaman000

I dont know.........
I know more about the Time Lords but im leaning more towards the Celestials.....

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JackKnight

@difficlus: Quik question, can the Daleks take on one Celestial let along a bunch of Celestials? there are meny ways that the Celestials can defeat the Daleks, they can either:

1. Wave there hands and they die.
  2. Use them as Toys
  3. Just flat out ignore them!!!!!!!!!!

Regardless the Celestials take this quite easly (especially if they have either Scathan, Tiamut or Exitar in this fight).

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImmortalT1000

Time lords stomp.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Strider1992

Pre-Time War Time Lords have this.

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By e3zombie

@JediXMan: Very well said.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Pyrogram

Time lords stomp this battle so freaking hard!

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JackKnight

@Pyrogram: @Strider92: @ImmortalT1000:

I actually think the Celestials win, Time Lords stalemated the Daleks while one Celestial can destroy the entire Dalek empire and this is coming from a big Dr who fan.

darkelf35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By darkelf35

just because A cat and a fox are equal in fighting doesn't mean the fox cant give the bear rabies and win that way.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By New_World_Order

Celestials.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Xanni15

No prep listed for Time Lords so Celestials got this rather handedly.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ToO_RaW

@difficlus said:

I think...time lords win. @ThanoStomp said:
I love the Dr. Who shows. Lots of cool, original concepts for scifi come out of that series. But the Time Lords are basically humanoid beings that can resurrect themselves. And they can be taken down by a simple bullet. A Celestial would easily one shot a Time Lord. Put the entire races against one another..... no difference.

This is wrong. The combination of the TARDIS exploding and the light from inside the Pandorica is what recreated the universe. Not the TARDIS's itself. Without the Pandorica having stored light from when time was normal, the TARDIS exploding would have done nothing but destroyed the universe.

I underline exploding because it can't destroy the universe otherwise.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By whydama

The Celestials have an entire universe inside their armor. ?!

cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cliffrice

Daleks made a bomb that can destroy all creation. the timelords tech was on par with the daleks i think they have a shot at taking on the celestials. A human looking into the time vortex became a god. Imagine a timelord doing the same to take on celestials.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By ShootingNova

What can the Time Lords do?

Avatar image for azathoth_the_dread_sleeper
Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Celestials, rather than fighting them, orchestrate a brutal holocaust against the Time Lords.

Yeah...

It's that bad.

cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cliffrice

Well Some of the timelords weapons Include the De-mat gun that can erase a creature from space and time. The hand of omega can manipulate the life force of stars. The timelords invented blackholes while developing the tradis technology. The old timelords language Posessed the power to destroy gods.

There were war tardis's which could fire Temporal Weapons capable of locking creatures in time loops and freezing them in time all together.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ToO_RaW

@cliffrice said:

Well Some of the timelords weapons Include the De-mat gun that can erase a creature from space and time. The hand of omega can manipulate the life force of stars. The timelords invented blackholes while developing the tradis technology. The old timelords language Posessed the power to destroy gods.

There were war tardis's which could fire Temporal Weapons capable of locking creatures in time loops and freezing them in time all together.

I'm unfamiliar with all of these, but I admit I have only memorized the 2005-Present Doctor Who. Are you referencing things from before 2005?

scyven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By scyven

Anyone who throws planets at you as a weapon is badass to me...Celestials ftw!

cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cliffrice

@ToO_RaW said:

@cliffrice said:

I'm unfamiliar with all of these, but I admit I have only memorized the 2005-Present Doctor Who. Are you referencing things from before 2005?

Indeed i am. Though the language thing is alluded too in the new series. The De mat gun was from on of the old episodes called the invasion of time. The time torpedoes appeared in the comicbook originally in the story called the stockridge horror. The hand of omega was from Remembrance of the Daleks. Th

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hudyman

The Timelords....

The_Young_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Young_Wolf

@ToO_RaW said:

@difficlus said:

I love the Dr. Who shows. Lots of cool, original concepts for scifi come out of that series. But the Time Lords are basically humanoid beings that can resurrect themselves. And they can be taken down by a simple bullet. A Celestial would easily one shot a Time Lord. Put the entire races against one another..... no difference.

This is wrong. The combination of the TARDIS exploding and the light from inside the Pandorica is what recreated the universe. Not the TARDIS's itself. Without the Pandorica having stored light from when time was normal, the TARDIS exploding would have done nothing but destroyed the universe.

Light? The Doctor was able to recreate the universe becaus the Pandorica contained billions of atoms of the universe. This was how the Dalek returned despite being erased from history. The Doctor then formulates a plan involving these atoms, the restoration field and the exploding TARDIS. He uses the vortex manipulator to fly the pandorica into the heart of the TARDIS, exploding at every point in history in every universe. The explosion released the atoms of the preserved universe, restoring it.

The Time Lords have controlled the makings of the multiverse for Millions of years in a multiverse full of beings who can create and destroy universes at whim.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Charon_%28species%29

These are the same guys who came up with http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_Sanction

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Time Lords thanks to their wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff!

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ToO_RaW

@The_Young_Wolf said:

@ToO_RaW said:

@difficlus said:

Light? The Doctor was able to recreate the universe becaus the Pandorica contained billions of atoms of the universe. This was how the Dalek returned despite being erased from history. The Doctor then formulates a plan involving these atoms, the restoration field and the exploding TARDIS. He uses the vortex manipulator to fly the pandorica into the heart of the TARDIS, exploding at every point in history in every universe. The explosion released the atoms of the preserved universe, restoring it.

The Time Lords have controlled the makings of the multiverse for Millions of years in a multiverse full of beings who can create and destroy universes at whim.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Charon_%28species%29

These are the same guys who came up with http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_Sanction

Wrong. The Dalek came back because the light from the Pandorica touched it. The light inside the Pandorica was a memory of when things were normal, and as soon as it touched subnormal things it turned them to it's original state. I watched the episode last night. The Doc specifically explained hw the recreation of the universe would work. It was all about memory. This is how Amy Pond brought the Doctor back (she remembered him at their wedding)

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ToO_RaW
ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ThanoStomp

Sure the TL's have great tech. But the Celestials combine their own immense power with their tech. Enough to hurl planets at will.

So I'll say it again... bullet + timelord = dead timelord

The Celestials aren't going to sit around and listen to Dr. Who or any Time Lord pontificate like all his enemies do. They will identify the threat and immediately take them out, like they tried to do with Franklin Richards. Unless the TL's have Franklin Richards level abilities, they are dead.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ToO_RaW

Just remember who's standing in your way...

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw this, decided I had to weigh in.

Sure the TL's have great tech. But the Celestials combine their own immense power with their tech. Enough to hurl planets at will.

The Celestials aren't going to sit around and listen to Dr. Who or any Time Lord pontificate like all his enemies do. They will identify the threat and immediately take them out, like they tried to do with Franklin Richards. Unless the TL's have Franklin Richards level abilities, they are dead.

First off, an individual TL fighting an individual Celestial is not going to happen. TLs don't fight one on one, they have their TARDISes and other stuff on Gallifrey to fight with. They can time loop whole planets with a button push, erase people from time, etc., all from Gallifrey. Which sits behind a nigh-impregnable shield. So it's not like a bunch of human-esque beings are all going to float out into space and float over to the Celestials :P

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Given prep time, Doctor can solo..

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheIrishDoctor

This is so badly one-sided that I just have to laugh. The Doctor alone solos this. The Daleks once created a bomb that could pulse through every single alternate universe and destroy all of existence in each one. The Time Lords are at minimum equal to the Daleks. They invented black holes and don't care because something like that is inconsequential to them. They manipulate time and space like nothing. Their time tech is actually so advanced that the TARDIS that the Doctor uses is an antique, and with the TLs gone that antique is the most advanced piece of technology in the universe. If the Doctor is included in the Time Lord faction here, then it's not even worth debating.

To quote the Daleks, this is not a war, this is pest control.

Ironically, I think that someone like the Doctor or the Time Lords deal with cosmic level threats the easiest. The people that have the best chance against them are smaller foes who deal more with trickery and subterfuge. Like Batman. Or someone like Loki. Beings like the Celestials or Galactus are beings that Time Lords are almost custom made to take out.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Celestials, without too many issues.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By rolldestroyer

scathan can solo

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hyper_God

@theirishdoctor said:

This is so badly one-sided that I just have to laugh. The Doctor alone solos this. The Daleks once created a bomb that could pulse through every single alternate universe and destroy all of existence in each one. The Time Lords are at minimum equal to the Daleks. They invented black holes and don't care because something like that is inconsequential to them. They manipulate time and space like nothing. Their time tech is actually so advanced that the TARDIS that the Doctor uses is an antique, and with the TLs gone that antique is the most advanced piece of technology in the universe. If the Doctor is included in the Time Lord faction here, then it's not even worth debating.

To quote the Daleks, this is not a war, this is pest control.

Ironically, I think that someone like the Doctor or the Time Lords deal with cosmic level threats the easiest. The people that have the best chance against them are smaller foes who deal more with trickery and subterfuge. Like Batman. Or someone like Loki. Beings like the Celestials or Galactus are beings that Time Lords are almost custom made to take out.

This is so hilariously dumb , that I don't know whether to laugh , cry or simply flag this post . Apparently somebody loves to make arguments from ignorance . You actually think that black holes are relevant in a discussion pertaining to beings that can hold entire universes in their bodies ? Really ? That is the epitome of retard . Or manipulating space/time , which even juvenile Celestials are capable of casually doing . Guess what ? Based on this fungal line of logic , we can presume that the Silver Surfer can beat down the Celestials in a one-sided battle as he's capable of manipulating space/time and can create black holes(this was before his upgrade from Galactus btw) .

To quote Arishem the Judge , you are total **** .

No Caption Provided

Ironically , the Celestials have already fought and defeated groups of beings that could be considered Marvel's equivalents of the Time Lords . Yes , I am talking about the Council of Reeds and the race of Watchers . Which I'd be willing to wager you know nothing about , seeing as you've never read a comic .

Edit : Flagged btw . The first and hopefully last time(although I won't hesitate to use it again) that I am using this function .

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know The Doctor wasn't the only one with a tardis The Could all Just absorb their Time Matrix's

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

This is so hilariously dumb , that I don't know whether to laugh , cry or simply flag this post . Apparently somebody loves to make arguments from ignorance . You actually think that black holes are relevant in a discussion pertaining to beings that can hold entire universes in their bodies ? Really ? That is the epitome of retard . Or manipulating space/time , which even juvenile Celestials are capable of casually doing . Guess what ? Based on this fungal line of logic , we can presume that the Silver Surfer can beat down the Celestials in a one-sided battle as he's capable of manipulating space/time and can create black holes(this was before his upgrade from Galactus btw) .

Ironically , the Celestials have already fought and defeated groups of beings that could be considered Marvel's equivalents of the Time Lords . Yes , I am talking about the Council of Reeds and the race of Watchers . Which I'd be willing to wager you know nothing about , seeing as you've never read a comic .

Edit : Flagged btw . The first and hopefully last time(although I won't hesitate to use it again) that I am using this function .

marvel's equivalant of time lords are as close to the original as marvel equivalant of asgardians is. In short, they both fail compared to originals. Time lords nearly ended time, and whoverse has different hierarchy than dc verse, time seems to be pretty high up there. And without higher celestials like dreaming or judge, the other celestials aren't exactly impressive. They had to go megazord mode to beat Galactus, sue richards getting in one's head and stuff. I am not and expert on time lords, but if the doctor/master is involved here, they could deal with celestials handily.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyper_god said:

marvel's equivalant of time lords are as close to the original as marvel equivalant of asgardians is. In short, they both fail compared to originals. Time lords nearly ended time, and whoverse has different hierarchy than dc verse, time seems to be pretty high up there. And without higher celestials like dreaming or judge, the other celestials aren't exactly impressive. They had to go megazord mode to beat Galactus, sue richards getting in one's head and stuff. I am not and expert on time lords, but if the doctor/master is involved here, they could deal with celestials handily.

Marvel's Odin and Marvel's Thor have feats that sh1t all over the mythological versions , so your argument fails the moment you mentioned Asgardians in you post . The Mad Celestials were fighting an amped Galactus who 1 issue ago no-sold multiple nega bombs and took out a Kree armada that was defeating the Annihilation Wave . Plus Hickman mentioned on his formspring that Galactus would have been beaten even if the Celestials hadn't combined . Also , as long you're trying(and failing miserably) to lowball the Celestials using that ridiculous Galactus example , those very same Celestials resisted a functional alternate Infinity Gauntlet , and one of them tanked an alternate Ultimate Nullifier in previous issues . You trying to bring up the Invisible Woman is further proof of your fail argumentative skills . Judging by the nonsense that I just responded to , you aren't an expert on Celestials either from the looks of it .

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@hyper_god said:

@princearagorn1 said:
@hyper_god said:

Marvel's Odin and Marvel's Thor have feats that sh1t all over the mythological versions , so your argument fails the moment you mentioned Asgardians in you post . The Mad Celestials were fighting an amped Galactus who 1 issue ago no-sold multiple nega bombs and took out a Kree armada that was defeating the Annihilation Wave . Plus Hickman mentioned on his formspring that Galactus would have been beaten even if the Celestials hadn't combined . Also , as long you're trying(and failing miserably) to lowball the Celestials using that ridiculous Galactus example , those very same Celestials resisted a functional alternate Infinity Gauntlet , and one of them tanked an alternate Ultimate Nullifier in previous issues . You trying to bring up the Invisible Woman is further proof of your fail argumentative skills . Judging by the nonsense that I just responded to , you aren't an expert on Celestials either from the looks of it .

You know, you really are not in the position of commenting on my skills in argument, nor it is like your comments hold any value.

Marvel's odin and Thor are asgardians. Mythological versions are God. Hell lot of a difference. Considering Marvel follows one God system, the only God there is Toaa. And that, as we know, it is the writer. God > writer > characters.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Hyper_God

@princearagorn1 said:

You know, you really are not in the position of commenting on my skills in argument, nor it is like your comments hold any value.

Marvel's odin and Thor are asgardians. Mythological versions are God. Hell lot of a difference. Considering Marvel follows one God system, the only God there is Toaa. And that, as we know, it is the writer. God > writer > characters.

My comments hold far more value than yours because they are based upon the on-panel evidence available at hand , coupled with proper interpretation of the comics in question .

You're equating mere titles with actual power . We judge things according to feats on this board . Comic book Odin and Thor have far better feats than their mythological counterparts . That much is indisputable . If you deny that , then you're a troll . If you think you have anything of value worth offering in this debate , then also you're a troll . You don't know enough about these characters for your opinion to weigh in , unlike mine .

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@hyper_god said:

@princearagorn1 said:

My comments hold far more value than yours because they are based upon the on-panel evidence available at hand , coupled with proper interpretation of the comics in question .

You're equating mere titles with actual power . We judge things according to feats on this board . Comic book Odin and Thor have far better feats than their mythological counterparts . That much is indisputable . If you deny that , then you're a troll . If you think you have anything of value worth offering in this debate , then also you're a troll . You don't know enough about these characters for your opinion to weigh in , unlike mine .

I was talking about your comments on my argument skills.

And I'm not equating titles with power, and even if I do, it's some comics/manga that use titles as titles. In Actual life, a God is a God, who is always going to be greater than the writer, who being toaa solos his universe. Unless you're saying marvel thor/odin>toaa, they have literally no shot at something above it.

And about trolling,

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@too_raw: that was probably the most wnaky thing that has ever happenned in any media ever, any of those ships would (rationally) just shoot him right then and there

Just saw this, decided I had to weigh in.

@thanostomp said:

First off, an individual TL fighting an individual Celestial is not going to happen. TLs don't fight one on one, they have their TARDISes and other stuff on Gallifrey to fight with. They can time loop whole planets with a button push, erase people from time, etc., all from Gallifrey. Which sits behind a nigh-impregnable shield. So it's not like a bunch of human-esque beings are all going to float out into space and float over to the Celestials :P

Uru is supposedly indestructible, but celestials reduced it to slag easily enough

@hyper_god said:

in the Marvel Universe, people like Thanos or Oblivion, even amped Doctor Doom come pretty close to ending time on a fairly regular basis

@cliffrice: Celestials are pretty assuredly galaxy buster, adn Arishem The Jusged hardly noticed 3 of the Strongest Gods (Visnu, Odin, Zeus) trying to wreck him

@cliffrice: yeah, but that toook the entire Dalek empire working pretty hard top do that, and they had to workinside the universe to blow it up

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in the Marvel Universe, people like Thanos or Oblivion, even amped Doctor Doom come pretty close to ending time on a fairly regular basis

the difference is, whoverse does not follow the same hierarchy are marvel/dc. Time seems to be much higher there, making it more impressive.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@princearagorn1: what do you mean heriarchy?

Time Lrdsa re still subserviant to folks like the guardians

and I don't see how Whoniverse time is any tougher tha Marvel time (it actually seems a lot weakker to me)