Thor vs Thanos

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Killemall

Ok now this is getting ridiculous.

So Thanos is now referring to a different fight, which has never been shown on panel and you are telling me that's reasonable assumption?

I mean come on how bias can it get.

And we are completely ignoring how he said the same thing to Adam Warlock, a person who know him better than himself, a person whom he knows he cant fool.

And what was the scans supposed to show? Thanos said he would teleport Champion to a planet, and he did. He never said anything about landing.

Makes sense to suggest when Thanos says it was a Thanosi it was a Thanosi, he is not known to lie.

Also the very fact that:

1. None of the bio refers to this story arc when every other story arc are referred to.

2. Thanos sourcebook convinently ignores the arc, when it talks about every story arc Thanos has ever been in?

Come on it sounds logical to you.

And even in tears of a god, might i remind you that, Thanos has Mangog working for as his lackey, the same guy in the same series defeated Thor in 3 straight fight, so we are going to ignore that too?

Or the fact that Thor was shown completely unable to even harm Thanos before he gets the Odin force, belt of strength, Odin shield..

you wanted a scan of Thor busting a planet, sorry.

No Caption Provided

he comes pretty close to wrecking a dimension as a side-effect, they probably would have if Thor and ancient Thor were as relentless as Thanos and Drax

(I'll remind you that "Odin" didn't use his full power on Thanos for fear of wrecking Asgard)

What is Thor vs Red Novel here trying to show? What are you talking about really?

Because it says it made the Asgard tremble, would you happen to know how big Asgard dimension is?

Its made up of 4 realms, and is the size of US continent, that really doesnt say much does it.

They probably would have destroyed the planet as a side effect because they somehow manage to make a continent quake? really?

And since you so boldly claim that part which is highlighted, give me 1 scan that even remotely says Odin was holding back, AT ALL.

yeah, Marvel throws around the word "omnipotent" all the time, like seriously, it doesn't mean much of anything in-universe

did she lose a great deal of power?

well, Thanos tried pretty hared to get a cosmic, cube, so I think he'd be weaker than a cosmic cube.

Do you recall where our conversation started?

You claimed Beyonder was weakened, when i said he wasnt because there is no mention of it anywhere, i however said the fact that she is being called omnipotent says she wasnt, now you are telling me marvel throws around that word too often?

There is absolutely no mention of Kosmos losing a great deal of her power, she was just in a human form that made her vulnerable.

Same series we have Gladiator, a Thor class guy, scared to even think of confronting Beyonder, including everyone else in the prison.

And when exactly did i say Thanos is stronger than cosmic cube?

You are saying Thor should win because he broke through Exitar's dome , i am saying he should not because Thanos has done stuffs like that, as in holding his own against a cosmic cube being, again Tyrant, against Rot to name a few.

Reed's portal to the negative zone?

the constant tears into other points in time or other dimensions?

we don't really know that Rot would actually eat the universe

You really are going to try whatever you can to discount the feat without good reason.

So Death saying Rot was going to eat the universe, and her running scared from Rot was just for LOLz?

Rot was a baby abstract, Thanos killed it, thats a FAR better feat that blowing a hole at Exitar's dome and not being able to harm him.

How is that any hard to understand?

okay, so Odin'e issing eye is kind of one of his defining characteristics, the presence of both eyes would imply

A0 totally different guy

B) this is some soprt of alternate timelline where he never sacrificed his eye to Mimir, and therefor had a lot less power

or, more likely

C) the people who wrote this had no idea who Odin was, so they probably didn't know what kind of power Odin had, so this probably shouldn't be considered canon

even if your going to take that at face value as Odin, doi you Know who's more powerful than Odin?

Or the fact that comics are written by one person, the story and fights of it including the outcome, and drawn by another, and the artist messed up, just like in the recent issue they messed up the coloring of Infinity Gem.

They sure knew Odin enough to show me powerful enough to one shot Drax the Destroyer and Silver Surfer i mean come on.

And what was the fight with Celestial supposed to show?

So Celestials hit him once and Gaea had to save him.

Are you really telling me, the celestial, who showed they power was greated than the combined might of 3 skyfather couldnt kill Thor outright if they wanted to.

Or that somehow this shows better durability that:

1. Thanos fighting Odin for a whole issue.

2. Thanos fighting Tyrant for a whole issue.

3. Thanos fighting and killing Rot (abstracts > Celestials)

I mean come on.

1. I don't think I usually say my name in parentheses right after saying "I"

2. neither Death nor Thanos was able to hurt Rot at all with conventional means, just they could effect his essence with their own, and therefor had direct pull over the essence oif this specific entity. The whole thing about the universe crying out could be interpreted as Eternity expressing anguish over the loss of his brother/nephew/uncle/brother-in-law

3. I don't remember Marvel mentioning that Galactus was hungry when Thor whipped him

1. Well you should :p

2. Now this is just pure rubbish

a. You are telling me Thanos pulled Rot essence out, when i posted a scan where Death ask Thanos to blast him , and Thanos is shown blasting him , and Rot dies. Really , one scans that says he was pulling Rot's essence?

b. Yeah because Eternity is known to cry?? I mean come on man.

3. Proof if it was ever needed that you have not read the issue where Thor "whipped" Galactus. Assuming you are talking about their first fight with Thor and Galactus, where Galactus had to flee against an amped up blast, Galactus mentioned being weak "before" he starts fighting Ego. Galactus fights Ego for a whole issue, they are both said to be prefectly matched , then Thor uses a godblast. Apart from that all Thor has ever done is managed to get a reaction out of Galactus, not ragdoll him. If anything Thor Annual 01 (2013) Thor hits Galactus with an AMPED UP god blast, and what does Galactus do? He barely notices him.

I mean come on, i know you are biased, its pretty clear, but at least dont lie about stuffs.

Everytime people say Galactus is hungry in a fight, it comes from the issue itself, where it was said or shown that Galactus is in fact hungry.

1. okay

2. I've been over my skepticism as to the legitimacy of the fight in Asgard

3. oh yeah, that fight, Thanos didn't really get in any good hits; and you admitted yourself that Thanos had no hope of winning

4. Thor 388-389,

after that he jumped into Exitar's mind, can't find scans right now, and pictures from my phone tend to take a while to load

5. wanna rephrase that part? I'm not entirely sure what you mean

anyways, evidence for Thor being (potentially) more powerful

This here is by far the worst argument i have ever seen.

2. Apart from being biased about Thanos there really is nothing to be skeptical about. That also totally ignored how Thanos fought Tyrant a whole issue when Tyrant stomped an assemblage of a herald level character together with ease.

Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Surfer, Ganymede , Morg and Terrax, prove insufficient to fight Tyrant, who rather handily beat them up

Can you not see how it took Tyrant no more than one good hit to knock out everyone here, eeryone here (barring Ganymede) is up around Thor level, in fact BRB is identical to Thor and has also fought and beaten Thor in the past.

And a repeat performance from Tyrant just before Thanos fight

Cosmic Power 06: Tyrant easily beats a team of Ganymede, Terrax, Legacy and Jack of Hearts

And yet Thanos fights him for a whole freakin issue, outperforming an assemblage of these heroes by quite a margin, and yet you are tell me Thor is somehow more powerful than him.

3. And you are telling me Thor has a chance against the Celestials? He didnt. Its the same thing. Thanos cant beat Tyrant, because Tyrant was potrayed as equal to a recently fed Galactus, that puts him at the very least, just as powerful as a Celestial. You are saying Thor broke thru Exitar dome, when Exitar wasnt even attacking Thor, and Exitar wasnt even harm to suggest Thor would win, when Thanos fighting a guy, just as powerful as a celestial (not really as powerful as Exitar though) for a whole issue is being convinently ignored? Why..

4. I have the issue with me. You said he broke Celestial mind, and you are using a scan of him breaking thru Celestial armor, i dont get it. Have you actually read about Celestials? They are a hyperspace being, their conciousness trapped into an armor, you cant break thur celestial mind by cracking their armor.

5. Change "never" with "nerve". Mantis took down Thor with a nerve strike, thats different from Thanos taking down Thor.

And LOL at evidence showing Thor is more powerful

1. Thanos actually beats Thor, alongside Thing, within 2 pages, but evidence shows Thor is more powerful.

2. Thanosi, which you are trying truth and nail to say is Thanos, has a guy working as a lackey who beats Thor in a 3 straight up fights in the same issue, yet evidence apparently shows Thor is more powerful.

3. Thanos shown on panel fighting Thor, Thing, Hulk and Hercules together shows Thor is somehow more powerful.

4. Marvel, thru mod saying, gods (one of whom is Thanos in scans) are more powerful than heroes (one of whom is silver surfer , very comparable to Thor), suggest Thor is somehow more powerful.

5. The fact that Beta Ray Bill, the same guy that fought and beat Thor and has a hammer identical to Thor, alongside an assemblage of 4 other beings get stomped by Tyrant, yet Thanos actually holds his own against Tyrant in a prolongued combat that lasted 1 whole issue, yet somehow Thor is more powerful.

6. Lord Marvel who killed Magus, powerful enough to teleport whole planets, who one shotted Surfer making a mockery out of a team that consisted of Surfer, Nova Prime and Quasar, is clearly shown inferior to Thanos when they fought, evident by the fact that Thanos has Lord Marvel grabbed by the throat in the end, somehow shows Thor is superior.

7. The fact that Thanos fought and actually beat Beyonder, and Gladiator , a person who has beaten Thor in the past and is very close to Thor in power level, alongside everyone in the island was too scared to even confront, somehow shows Thor is Superior.

8. The fact that Thanos beat Surfer to near death with handful of punches, when most of the fight clearly potray Thor and Surfer as being equal, one exception being Thor: Blood and Thunder where Thor was on pseudo-madness which seem to have increased his powers. Yet Thor is somehow superior.

9. The fact that a Thanos's lackey solo Thor as well as Iron Man with ease, yet somehow Thor is superior.

Yep totally agree, everything shows Thor is superior.

And honestly LOL at you comparing Thor with anyone who has power gem, give power gem grants unlimited strength (when tapped upon), and the fact that a power gem user has never been KO by physical attack. And even when in the issue its made pretty clearly that the reason Thanos was scared of Champion was because his strength was growing exponentially, because of the gem.

This is the WORST argument i have ever seen.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Ok now this is getting ridiculous.

So Thanos is now referring to a different fight, which has never been shown on panel and you are telling me that's reasonable assumption?

I mean come on how bias can it get.

And we are completely ignoring how he said the same thing to Adam Warlock, a person who know him better than himself, a person whom he knows he cant fool.

And what was the scans supposed to show? Thanos said he would teleport Champion to a planet, and he did. He never said anything about landing.

Makes sense to suggest when Thanos says it was a Thanosi it was a Thanosi, he is not known to lie.

Also the very fact that:

1. None of the bio refers to this story arc when every other story arc are referred to.

2. Thanos sourcebook convinently ignores the arc, when it talks about every story arc Thanos has ever been in?

but all sources I can find to list the characters in Thor vol. 2 #23 have Thanos listed as a character, and I see no sources that list Thanosi having appeared in Thor or Ka-Zar

he said that it was a doppleganger to Warlock, taht could eman him from an alternate timeline, or tons of other things

and the fights shown on panel never refer to it having been a clone, so I can only assume that it wasn't

Come on it sounds logical to you.

And even in tears of a god, might i remind you that, Thanos has Mangog working for as his lackey, the same guy in the same series defeated Thor in 3 straight fight, so we are going to ignore that too?

Or the fact that Thor was shown completely unable to even harm Thanos before he gets the Odin force, belt of strength, Odin shield..

Thor works for Captain America, and I think we can all agree that Thor is stronger

and Thanos was amped in that arc

you wanted a scan of Thor busting a planet, sorry.

No Caption Provided

he comes pretty close to wrecking a dimension as a side-effect, they probably would have if Thor and ancient Thor were as relentless as Thanos and Drax

(I'll remind you that "Odin" didn't use his full power on Thanos for fear of wrecking Asgard)

What is Thor vs Red Novel here trying to show? What are you talking about really?

Because it says it made the Asgard tremble, would you happen to know how big Asgard dimension is?

Its made up of 4 realms, and is the size of US continent, that really doesnt say much does it.

They probably would have destroyed the planet as a side effect because they somehow manage to make a continent quake? really?

And since you so boldly claim that part which is highlighted, give me 1 scan that even remotely says Odin was holding back, AT ALL

okay, if we're going that directionm, how do we know that the planet wasn't already super-unstable when Drax and Thanos fought?

okay, well, the gravity of a neutron stgar is more than strong enough to break most planet

No Caption Provided

also he can close dimensional rifts with his fists
also he can close dimensional rifts with his fists

also, I got the Thanos fight confused with some other battle

No Caption Provided

anyways, Thanos was amped at that point in time, pretty explicitly stated

yeah, Marvel throws around the word "omnipotent" all the time, like seriously, it doesn't mean much of anything in-universe

did she lose a great deal of power?

well, Thanos tried pretty hared to get a cosmic, cube, so I think he'd be weaker than a cosmic cube.

Do you recall where our conversation started?

You claimed Beyonder was weakened, when i said he wasnt because there is no mention of it anywhere, i however said the fact that she is being called omnipotent says she wasnt, now you are telling me marvel throws around that word too often?

There is absolutely no mention of Kosmos losing a great deal of her power, she was just in a human form that made her vulnerable.

Same series we have Gladiator, a Thor class guy, scared to even think of confronting Beyonder, including everyone else in the prison.

And when exactly did i say Thanos is stronger than cosmic cube?

You are saying Thor should win because he broke through Exitar's dome , i am saying he should not because Thanos has done stuffs like that, as in holding his own against a cosmic cube being, again Tyrant, against Rot to name a few

1) no one was talking about the Beyonder

2) so you admit she was easier than usual to defeat?

3) seriously, who was talking about the Beyonder

4) Kosmos is a cosmic cube being, she would(at her full power) have the power of a cosmic ccube

5) he didn't really fight Tyyrant very well, and Rot was a special case that isn't really repeatable with other opponents

Reed's portal to the negative zone?

the constant tears into other points in time or other dimensions?

we don't really know that Rot would actually eat the universe

You really are going to try whatever you can to discount the feat without good reason.

So Death saying Rot was going to eat the universe, and her running scared from Rot was just for LOLz?

Rot was a baby abstract, Thanos killed it, thats a FAR better feat that blowing a hole at Exitar's dome and not being able to harm him.

How is that any hard to understand?

1. Death is an abstract, they do a lot of things human minds cannot comprehend

2. Hercules killed the Chaos King, and Thor's a match for Herc,; so by your logic Thor would wtill be a lot more powerful

3. you seem to have a pretty hard time understanding it

okay, so Odin'e issing eye is kind of one of his defining characteristics, the presence of both eyes would imply

A0 totally different guy

B) this is some soprt of alternate timelline where he never sacrificed his eye to Mimir, and therefor had a lot less power

or, more likely

C) the people who wrote this had no idea who Odin was, so they probably didn't know what kind of power Odin had, so this probably shouldn't be considered canon

even if your going to take that at face value as Odin, doi you Know who's more powerful than Odin?

Or the fact that comics are written by one person, the story and fights of it including the outcome, and drawn by another, and the artist messed up, just like in the recent issue they messed up the coloring of Infinity Gem.

They sure knew Odin enough to show me powerful enough to one shot Drax the Destroyer and Silver Surfer i mean come on.

And what was the fight with Celestial supposed to show?

So Celestials hit him once and Gaea had to save him.

Are you really telling me, the celestial, who showed they power was greated than the combined might of 3 skyfather couldnt kill Thor outright if they wanted to.

Or that somehow this shows better durability that:

1. Thanos fighting Odin for a whole issue.

2. Thanos fighting Tyrant for a whole issue.

3. Thanos fighting and killing Rot (abstracts > Celestials)

I mean come on

... so no matter how bad it ignores that canon, you still believe that it should be accepted as canon?

is the Silver Surfer armabre canon

again, Thanos was amped pretty bad in his fight with Odin

so, in yopur mind, it okay to presume that the guy who runs away from Kronos could kill a universe-eater

but not to think that Odin's son could damage the Celestials

biased much?

1. I don't think I usually say my name in parentheses right after saying "I"

2. neither Death nor Thanos was able to hurt Rot at all with conventional means, just they could effect his essence with their own, and therefor had direct pull over the essence oif this specific entity. The whole thing about the universe crying out could be interpreted as Eternity expressing anguish over the loss of his brother/nephew/uncle/brother-in-law

3. I don't remember Marvel mentioning that Galactus was hungry when Thor whipped him

1. Well you should :p

2. Now this is just pure rubbish

a. You are telling me Thanos pulled Rot essence out, when i posted a scan where Death ask Thanos to blast him , and Thanos is shown blasting him , and Rot dies. Really , one scans that says he was pulling Rot's essence?

b. Yeah because Eternity is known to cry?? I mean come on man.

3. Proof if it was ever needed that you have not read the issue where Thor "whipped" Galactus. Assuming you are talking about their first fight with Thor and Galactus, where Galactus had to flee against an amped up blast, Galactus mentioned being weak "before" he starts fighting Ego. Galactus fights Ego for a whole issue, they are both said to be prefectly matched , then Thor uses a godblast. Apart from that all Thor has ever done is managed to get a reaction out of Galactus, not ragdoll him. If anything Thor Annual 01 (2013) Thor hits Galactus with an AMPED UP god blast, and what does Galactus do? He barely notices him.

I mean come on, i know you are biased, its pretty clear, but at least dont lie about stuffs.

Everytime people say Galactus is hungry in a fight, it comes from the issue itself, where it was said or shown that Galactus is in fact hungry

1. okay then

2a

No Caption Provided

2b. why not? he acts like a human in all other matters

3. when he fought Galactus here

No Caption Provided

1. okay

2. I've been over my skepticism as to the legitimacy of the fight in Asgard

3. oh yeah, that fight, Thanos didn't really get in any good hits; and you admitted yourself that Thanos had no hope of winning

4. Thor 388-389,

after that he jumped into Exitar's mind, can't find scans right now, and pictures from my phone tend to take a while to load

5. wanna rephrase that part? I'm not entirely sure what you mean

anyways, evidence for Thor being (potentially) more powerful

This here is by far the worst argument i have ever seen.

2. Apart from being biased about Thanos there really is nothing to be skeptical about. That also totally ignored how Thanos fought Tyrant a whole issue when Tyrant stomped an assemblage of a herald level character together with ease.

Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Surfer, Ganymede , Morg and Terrax, prove insufficient to fight Tyrant, who rather handily beat them up

Can you not see how it took Tyrant no more than one good hit to knock out everyone here, eeryone here (barring Ganymede) is up around Thor level, in fact BRB is identical to Thor and has also fought and beaten Thor in the past.

And a repeat performance from Tyrant just before Thanos fight

Cosmic Power 06: Tyrant easily beats a team of Ganymede, Terrax, Legacy and Jack of Hearts

And yet Thanos fights him for a whole freakin issue, outperforming an assemblage of these heroes by quite a margin, and yet you are tell me Thor is somehow more powerful than him.

3. And you are telling me Thor has a chance against the Celestials? He didnt. Its the same thing. Thanos cant beat Tyrant, because Tyrant was potrayed as equal to a recently fed Galactus, that puts him at the very least, just as powerful as a Celestial. You are saying Thor broke thru Exitar dome, when Exitar wasnt even attacking Thor, and Exitar wasnt even harm to suggest Thor would win, when Thanos fighting a guy, just as powerful as a celestial (not really as powerful as Exitar though) for a whole issue is being convinently ignored? Why..

4. I have the issue with me. You said he broke Celestial mind, and you are using a scan of him breaking thru Celestial armor, i dont get it. Have you actually read about Celestials? They are a hyperspace being, their conciousness trapped into an armor, you cant break thur celestial mind by cracking their armor.

5. Change "never" with "nerve". Mantis took down Thor with a nerve strike, thats different from Thanos taking down Thor.

2. I'm saying Thanos didn't really have a chance against Tyrant, so Tyrant's power doesn't really mater; Thor's been able to hold off Set

3. Thanos didn't really have anything very impressive showings against Tyrant

Thor broke into a Celestial's mind

4 yeah, he breaks into the celestials mind and sees all of the memories of himself and Exitar, totally hap penned in issue 389

5. well, Thor has a tendency to job, especially in group battle, the entire point of this thread is Thor can be at high-showing levels

And LOL at evidence showing Thor is more powerful

1. Thanos actually beats Thor, alongside Thing, within 2 pages, but evidence shows Thor is more powerful.

2. Thanosi, which you are trying truth and nail to say is Thanos, has a guy working as a lackey who beats Thor in a 3 straight up fights in the same issue, yet evidence apparently shows Thor is more powerful.

3. Thanos shown on panel fighting Thor, Thing, Hulk and Hercules together shows Thor is somehow more powerful.

4. Marvel, thru mod saying, gods (one of whom is Thanos in scans) are more powerful than heroes (one of whom is silver surfer , very comparable to Thor), suggest Thor is somehow more powerful.

5. The fact that Beta Ray Bill, the same guy that fought and beat Thor and has a hammer identical to Thor, alongside an assemblage of 4 other beings get stomped by Tyrant, yet Thanos actually holds his own against Tyrant in a prolongued combat that lasted 1 whole issue, yet somehow Thor is more powerful.

6. Lord Marvel who killed Magus, powerful enough to teleport whole planets, who one shotted Surfer making a mockery out of a team that consisted of Surfer, Nova Prime and Quasar, is clearly shown inferior to Thanos when they fought, evident by the fact that Thanos has Lord Marvel grabbed by the throat in the end, somehow shows Thor is superior.

7. The fact that Thanos fought and actually beat Beyonder, and Gladiator , a person who has beaten Thor in the past and is very close to Thor in power level, alongside everyone in the island was too scared to even confront, somehow shows Thor is Superior.

8. The fact that Thanos beat Surfer to near death with handful of punches, when most of the fight clearly potray Thor and Surfer as being equal, one exception being Thor: Blood and Thunder where Thor was on pseudo-madness which seem to have increased his powers. Yet Thor is somehow superior.

9. The fact that a Thanos's lackey solo Thor as well as Iron Man with ease, yet somehow Thor is superior.

Yep totally agree, everything shows Thor is superior.

And honestly LOL at you comparing Thor with anyone who has power gem, give power gem grants unlimited strength (when tapped upon), and the fact that a power gem user has never been KO by physical attack. And even when in the issue its made pretty clearly that the reason Thanos was scared of Champion was because his strength was growing exponentially, because of the gem.

This is the WORST argument i have ever seen.

1. Thanos has been beaten by Squirrel girl and arrested by tthe police, these are called "low showings'

2. Reed Richards has a lackey who can generate the same level of ehat as a small star

3. again, this thread is a bout a scenarioe free of Thor jobbing

4. who even is MOD?

5. Thor has held his own against Set and Glory, both of whom are far beyond Thanos

6. I'm gonna need scans for all those lord Marvel shenanigans

7. when did Thanos beat the Beyonder?

8. which fight with Surfer?

9. Kingpin has used The Wrecking crew as lackies, Doctor Doom has used Molecules man as a lackie

It never actually said that Champion's strength was growing exponentially, and again, Thanos was still trhinking of Champion as being on par with the incredible hulk

you seem to forget 7am

and I'm surprised that someone who's already expressed disagreement doesn't agree with me; your declaration of my own poor arguing skills will assuredly cease all of my attempts to continue this argument.

seriously though, you've never struck me as the kind of user who'd just up and declare someone else's argument the very worst, what's the deal with that?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Killemall

but all sources I can find to list the characters in Thor vol. 2 #23 have Thanos listed as a character, and I see no sources that list Thanosi having appeared in Thor or Ka-Zar

What sources are you talking about, marvel wiki.

They dont change stuffs once the things are retconned.

A classic example: check Marvel Universe The End vol 1 1 (or any of the issues from that series) you clearly see character are listed as being from 616 reality, when the fact is the issue was later retconned to take place in an alternate reality (reality 456)

he said that it was a doppleganger to Warlock, taht could eman him from an alternate timeline, or tons of other things

Any reasonable person would think its a clone, given we see a bunch of Thanos clone.

And even if it was an alternate reality version of Thanos, its still not canon, not sure how that changes anything.

and the fights shown on panel never refer to it having been a clone, so I can only assume that it wasn't

That is because Starlin later retconned the instance, how is that very hard to understand.

Up until Infinity Gauntlet Saga Thanos was a villian, a pure cruel villian. Then Starlin started writing him as an anti-hero and retconned any incident that contradicts that in the time frame. After all he was the creator of Thanos, and at that time he was the writer of over 90% of his issues. Thats why Thanos was a good guy in Infinity Wars, Infinity Crusade, Infinity Abyss and Thanos mini as well as Marvel Universe The End (which well isnt canon). Then a new writer came in and we had a huge character derailment on Thanos during Thanos Imperative after Starlin left marvel.

People who have actually followed Thanos should know this.

Thor works for Captain America, and I think we can all agree that Thor is stronger

Thor and Captain America are friends, and Captain America is the leader. Thanos was the boss ordering Mangog to do things what he wanted.

And before you say stuffs like this can you do me a favour and actually read the argument and the story arc. Thanos wasnt amped, at all.

The amp Thanos gets comes in the LAST issue, after he makes the Designati cry and drinks her tears, which helps him operate the illumanation stone and derive power from it.

He wasnt amped when he was walking around with Mangog as a lackey, he wasnt amped when he poisioned Odin, he wasnt amped when he no sold all Thor attacks, even after he amped up his attack a 100x fold.

okay, if we're going that directionm, how do we know that the planet wasn't already super-unstable when Drax and Thanos fought?

okay, well, the gravity of a neutron stgar is more than strong enough to break most planet

What are you talking about, what direction am i going towards? Asgard is, in fact, made up of 4 realms and is the size of US continent, its not an assumption its a fact.

Secondly we cant assume the planet was super unstable because nothing as such was said.

Gravity of neutron star is about 0.05% energy required to move a planet, let alone being powerful enough to bust a planet. And it says gravity "akin" to that of a neutron star.

In fact here is Tom Brevroot criticizing your feat, you know the marvel head of publishing

No Caption Provided

Lastly, Thanos was NOT amped, no idea what phase you are taking out of context to presume Thanos was amped.

Because it says he was tapping into a Dark Energy, thats the amp he was re-born with when Death brought her back of life.

Scientific acquired might - he actually transformed himself, from a normal eternal into Thanos, the hulking monster we see.

thats not an amp, as it is a permanent change a character has had for more than 3 decades now.

... so no matter how bad it ignores that canon, you still believe that it should be accepted as canon?

so, in yopur mind, it okay to presume that the guy who runs away from Kronos could kill a universe-eater

biased much?

Pretty sure you have no idea how our conversation started at all.

You were the one using Thor being able to damage Celestial armor as his feat, then asked me if he has done anything similar, a rediculious high end feat.

I listed them.

Secondly apart from Odin being drawn as 2 eyes what actually ignores the continuity there? Odin was in fact shown powerful enough to one shot both Silver Sufer and Drax, yet Thanos tanks the blast with absolutely no damange, why he was just that durable, has always been, specially against energy attacks.

Silver Sufer arm bar is canon, but was overtly criticized , so the writer in one of the thread said it was because Silver Surfer wanted to learn the secret from heroes (something the issue doesnt say at all). The writer is dead so lets not criticize him, but he is known for that sort of stuff. The same writer also has Black Widow arm bar and beat Wonder Man.

1. okay then

2a

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

2 a. No idea what you are trying to show with the scan. I have read the issue, i posted all the scans myself as well. It says Death took in Rot energy and realised she can hold it, and hence the dissolution quicken. Death was helpless there, it was Thanos energy blast that killed Rot.

2 b. So then i suppose you could show me a scan of Eternity crying, so that we know it could likely be Eternity crying because Rot died. One scan please. And we see Thanos actually blast him, the whole page lights up, how are you ignoring that.

3. 100% sure it says Galactus is hungry somewhere in the issue, it wont say so when you post half a page from a comics, what issue is it from. You name me the issue i will show you a scan where it is made clear that Galactus is hungry.

2. I'm saying Thanos didn't really have a chance against Tyrant, so Tyrant's power doesn't really mater; Thor's been able to hold off Set

4 yeah, he breaks into the celestials mind and sees all of the memories of himself and Exitar, totally hap penned in issue 389

5. well, Thor has a tendency to job, especially in group battle, the entire point of this thread is Thor can be at high-showing levels

2. Its not about beating Tyrant, i totally agree Thanos cant beat Tyrant, point was its extremely impressive. Tyrant one shotted Silver Surfer, one shotted Gladiator, and stomped an assemblage of 5 hereos with ease, yet Thanos stood up with him, almost on equal footing. Thats why its impressive.

Thor wasnt able to hold off Set, not sure where you are getting that from. Thor, alongside the rest of the heroes were helpless.Thor teleports away, merges with Atum, and then pwns Set.

Most important, Set alongside every other elder god, bar Atum, have been very very very unimpressive. Spider girl have been able to beat Chthon, who was more powerful than Set .

3. Thor did not do anything impressive against celestial, broke his dome and thats it.

you tell me:

1. Was the celestial every harmed?

2. Did Celestial not heal the head the moment Thor came out?

How exactly is that feat any more impressive than Thanos fight a guy, of similar level, for a whole issue.

4. So???? how is that a fighting feat? (havent check the issue yet too lazy)

5. How is Thor losing to a guy, whom Avengers have to team up to fight is jobbing. Thanos is a villian to entire marvel universe, has always been shown on very high regards, and his other feats shows that, more impressively his Lord Mar Vell feat.

1. Thanos has been beaten by Squirrel girl and arrested by tthe police, these are called "low showings'

2. Reed Richards has a lackey who can generate the same level of ehat as a small star

4. who even is MOD?

5. Thor has held his own against Set and Glory, both of whom are far beyond Thanos

9. Kingpin has used The Wrecking crew as lackies, Doctor Doom has used Molecules man as a lackie

It never actually said that Champion's strength was growing exponentially, and again, Thanos was still trhinking of Champion as being on par with the incredible hulk

you seem to forget 7am

and I'm surprised that someone who's already expressed disagreement doesn't agree with me; your declaration of my own poor arguing skills will assuredly cease all of my attempts to continue this argument.

seriously though, you've never struck me as the kind of user who'd just up and declare someone else's argument the very worst, what's the deal with that?

1. Both of them have been retconned away. Its funny how you are using Great Lake Christmas special joke as canon. In fact if you look into the same Thanos thread i gave you, Feefa posted the issue as well as writers interview there.

As per NYPD instance here read this:

No Caption Provided

2. Johnny Storm isnt Reed's lackey he is his brother in law. The fact that he married his sister might have something to do with that, food for thought.

3. Marques of Death from the story arc FF: Master of Doom. He is an extremely powerful reality warper, who killed Molecule Man of his reality, before coming to 616.

4. Thor did not anything against Set, and was amped during his fight against Glory because of prayer and apparently power from a god. Its there on panel, as well as backed by handbook.

5. This is really annoying when debating with you because you seem to know, nothing about feats i list. Everytime i debate with you i have to post every freakin scans, gets really annoying. Why dont you try and do a bit of research and read comics, Lord Mar Vell has like 7 appearences.

Anyways here are the scans:

Magus teleporting and blowing up 15 planets , so well above Thor in power level

Then in the same issue Lord Marvel one shotted him, killed him with 1 hit

Then here he is fighting Silver Surfer, Quasar and Nova Prime together, and stomps them all

6. Beyonder and Kosmos are the same, Beyonder merges with Molecule Man to gain his half of the energy which was meant to be Beyonder's and then gets reborn as Kosmos. Kubik has even addressed Beyonder feat as Kosmos. They are the same being.

7. The only real fight they have had, in Cosmic Powers 01. Its on the same Thanos thread i gave you. For the love of god, if you are arguing about Thanos at least read the thread presented.

8. He was comparing Champion with Hulk because just like Hulk Champions power was increasing in direct proportion with anger. A power gem user cant be defeated by Physical means at all, has never been defeated, unless the gem has been taken away in the fight.

9. You argument is based on low balling Thanos and refused to hearing anything to the contrary. Thor losing against Thanos, despite being help, and the very fact that Thor has gotten weaker after that (classic era) while Thanos stronger (well at least till Imperative, current looks really bad f%&k you Bendis) shows he is beyond Thor.

The whole idea of Thor being more powerful, despite everything Thanos has done, is really really biased

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1 said:

What sources are you talking about, marvel wiki.

They dont change stuffs once the things are retconned.

A classic example: check Marvel Universe The End vol 1 1 (or any of the issues from that series) you clearly see character are listed as being from 616 reality, when the fact is the issue was later retconned to take place in an alternate reality (reality 456)

actually MU:tE was in reality 4321, and the majority of characters are listed as inhabitants of that reality

Any reasonable person would think its a clone, given we see a bunch of Thanos clone.

And even if it was an alternate reality version of Thanos, its still not canon, not sure how that changes anything

okay, so we know that the "clone" Thor fought was actually any weaker?

we've seen Thanosi who were stronger than Thanos

any reasonable person would presume that a trip to another planet would come with a landing

That is because Starlin later retconned the instance, how is that very hard to understand.

Up until Infinity Gauntlet Saga Thanos was a villian, a pure cruel villian. Then Starlin started writing him as an anti-hero and retconned any incident that contradicts that in the time frame. After all he was the creator of Thanos, and at that time he was the writer of over 90% of his issues. Thats why Thanos was a good guy in Infinity Wars, Infinity Crusade, Infinity Abyss and Thanos mini as well as Marvel Universe The End (which well isnt canon). Then a new writer came in and we had a huge character derailment on Thanos during Thanos Imperative after Starlin left marvel.

People who have actually followed Thanos should know this

1. Starlin's retcon was not sufficient to prove anything, if we're gonna start talking about intent, Thor was designed to be a character greater than anyone else around in the MU

2. not really on topic

Thor and Captain America are friends, and Captain America is the leader. Thanos was the boss ordering Mangog to do things what he wanted.

And before you say stuffs like this can you do me a favour and actually read the argument and the story arc. Thanos wasnt amped, at all.

The amp Thanos gets comes in the LAST issue, after he makes the Designati cry and drinks her tears, which helps him operate the illumanation stone and derive power from it.

He wasnt amped when he was walking around with Mangog as a lackey, he wasnt amped when he poisioned Odin, he wasnt amped when he no sold all Thor attacks, even after he amped up his attack a 100x fold

1. Mangog isn't the brightest being in the universe, Thanos could probably trick the guy

What are you talking about, what direction am i going towards? Asgard is, in fact, made up of 4 realms and is the size of US continent, its not an assumption its a fact.

Secondly we cant assume the planet was super unstable because nothing as such was said.

Gravity of neutron star is about 0.05% energy required to move a planet, let alone being powerful enough to bust a planet. And it says gravity "akin" to that of a neutron star.

In fact here is Tom Brevroot criticizing your feat, you know the marvel head of publishing

No Caption Provided

Lastly, Thanos was NOT amped, no idea what phase you are taking out of context to presume Thanos was amped.

Because it says he was tapping into a Dark Energy, thats the amp he was re-born with when Death brought her back of life.

Scientific acquired might - he actually transformed himself, from a normal eternal into Thanos, the hulking monster we see.

thats not an amp, as it is a permanent change a character has had for more than 3 decades now

1. well, we domn't actually know the mass of that planet or how stable it was, so the feat is really vaugue.

2. he can still close dijmensional rifts with his fist

3. Thanos was also medidtating to acquire his might, so again I'm gonna say either hhe was amped or the people who made that didn't know who Thanos was either

biased much?

Pretty sure you have no idea how our conversation started at all.

You were the one using Thor being able to damage Celestial armor as his feat, then asked me if he has done anything similar, a rediculious high end feat.

I listed them.

Secondly apart from Odin being drawn as 2 eyes what actually ignores the continuity there? Odin was in fact shown powerful enough to one shot both Silver Sufer and Drax, yet Thanos tanks the blast with absolutely no damange, why he was just that durable, has always been, specially against energy attacks.

Silver Sufer arm bar is canon, but was overtly criticized , so the writer in one of the thread said it was because Silver Surfer wanted to learn the secret from heroes (something the issue doesnt say at all). The writer is dead so lets not criticize him, but he is known for that sort of stuff. The same writer also has Black Widow arm bar and beat Wonder Man

1. I don't rememeber our conversation starting like that, it started when I started talking about Warrior Madness

2. I don't know, maybe that all the adjacent galaxies weren't destroyed by Odin's all-out assault?

how does that justify anything?

1. okay then

2a

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

2 a. No idea what you are trying to show with the scan. I have read the issue, i posted all the scans myself as well. It says Death took in Rot energy and realised she can hold it, and hence the dissolution quicken. Death was helpless there, it was Thanos energy blast that killed Rot.

2 b. So then i suppose you could show me a scan of Eternity crying, so that we know it could likely be Eternity crying because Rot died. One scan please. And we see Thanos actually blast him, the whole page lights up, how are you ignoring that.

3. 100% sure it says Galactus is hungry somewhere in the issue, it wont say so when you post half a page from a comics, what issue is it from. You name me the issue i will show you a scan where it is made clear that Galactus is hungry

1. that image specifically hass Thanos saying a) he cannot use his powers against it and b) he says that they can do nothing

and then they use unconventional methods to destroy it, if you read the scans you posted

2. a crying out?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

3. I'll Galactus was famished here when you prove he wasn't when he fought Thanos

2. Its not about beating Tyrant, i totally agree Thanos cant beat Tyrant, point was its extremely impressive. Tyrant one shotted Silver Surfer, one shotted Gladiator, and stomped an assemblage of 5 hereos with ease, yet Thanos stood up with him, almost on equal footing. Thats why its impressive.

Thor wasnt able to hold off Set, not sure where you are getting that from. Thor, alongside the rest of the heroes were helpless.Thor teleports away, merges with Atum, and then pwns Set.

Most important, Set alongside every other elder god, bar Atum, have been very very very unimpressive. Spider girl have been able to beat Chthon, who was more powerful than Set .

3. Thor did not do anything impressive against celestial, broke his dome and thats it.

you tell me:

1. Was the celestial every harmed?

2. Did Celestial not heal the head the moment Thor came out?

How exactly is that feat any more impressive than Thanos fight a guy, of similar level, for a whole issue.

4. So???? how is that a fighting feat? (havent check the issue yet too lazy)

5. How is Thor losing to a guy, whom Avengers have to team up to fight is jobbing. Thanos is a villian to entire marvel universe, has always been shown on very high regards, and his other feats shows that, more impressively his Lord Mar Vell feat

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor managed to bust one of Set's heads (in his own dimension) and Set managed to survive a Cosmic Cube and the whole power of Classic Strange being drained into him.

3 so your gonna admit that these feats were apporximately equal,

Thye aren't, I mean, Thor did break the barrier that lead to a celestial's mind and go on an existential journey.

while Thanos managed to annoy Galactus until Galactus chased him away.

1.The celstial was harmed enough to take action

2.it did, but it was Exitar, who was more powerful than the entire fourth host combined

3. Exitar seems a lot more impressive than Galactus, and Thor actually seemed to pose a threat

4. he managed to break something that was harder than Mjolnir(Mjolnir shattered), putting him far above planet buster

5. Thor losses to people like Kang when the entire Avnegers are fighting, bit usually wins when he fights on his own.

4. who even is MOD?

you seem to forget 7am

1. Both of them have been retconned away. Its funny how you are using Great Lake Christmas special joke as canon. In fact if you look into the same Thanos thread i gave you, Feefa posted the issue as well as writers interview there.

As per NYPD instance here read this:

No Caption Provided

2. Johnny Storm isnt Reed's lackey he is his brother in law. The fact that he married his sister might have something to do with that, food for thought.

3. Marques of Death from the story arc FF: Master of Doom. He is an extremely powerful reality warper, who killed Molecule Man of his reality, before coming to 616.

4. Thor did not anything against Set, and was amped during his fight against Glory because of prayer and apparently power from a god. Its there on panel, as well as backed by handbook.

5. This is really annoying when debating with you because you seem to know, nothing about feats i list. Everytime i debate with you i have to post every freakin scans, gets really annoying. Why dont you try and do a bit of research and read comics, Lord Mar Vell has like 7 appearences.

Anyways here are the scans:

Magus teleporting and blowing up 15 planets , so well above Thor in power level

Then in the same issue Lord Marvel one shotted him, killed him with 1 hit

Then here he is fighting Silver Surfer, Quasar and Nova Prime together, and stomps them all

6. Beyonder and Kosmos are the same, Beyonder merges with Molecule Man to gain his half of the energy which was meant to be Beyonder's and then gets reborn as Kosmos. Kubik has even addressed Beyonder feat as Kosmos. They are the same being.

7. The only real fight they have had, in Cosmic Powers 01. Its on the same Thanos thread i gave you. For the love of god, if you are arguing about Thanos at least read the thread presented.

8. He was comparing Champion with Hulk because just like Hulk Champions power was increasing in direct proportion with anger. A power gem user cant be defeated by Physical means at all, has never been defeated, unless the gem has been taken away in the fight.

9. You argument is based on low balling Thanos and refused to hearing anything to the contrary. Thor losing against Thanos, despite being help, and the very fact that Thor has gotten weaker after that (classic era) while Thanos stronger (well at least till Imperative, current looks really bad f%&k you Bendis) shows he is beyond Thor.

The whole idea of Thor being more powerful, despite everything Thanos has done, is really really biased

1. Uatu was there and specifically stated that it was really Thanos, show me the retcon

2. Thanos might have some pull with Mangog's realitives

3. maybe the Thanos of his universe was actually Skyfather level

4. Thor broke on of Set's heads; what's the best thing Thanos did against Tyrant?

a/b. Strength and durability are not the same thing, Human torch could destroy(most) life on Earth earth, but Spidey could punch him out

c. I don't know if SS, NP, or Quasar are really onlevel with a bloodlusted Thor

6. oh yeah, well Beyonder and MM are both sovereign being snow, and Kosmos still exists, soooo that's probably another extension of Beyonder's incomprehensible life

7. yeah, there was no scan including the Beyonder in that thread, unless you include Kosmos (who's totally a sovereign entity)

8. Thanos seemed to think that the gem was about oon level with Hulk, I'd liek some evidence for either of those latter two statements

9. people win fights in comics that are clearly flukes,

now your telling me that we have to count everything as canon except Bendis?

I mean, Squirrel Girl has had as many victories over Thanos as Thanos had over Thor

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: I always thought you were a reasonable debator, you just PROVED you arent when you are talking nonsense like this. I have no desire to further our debate and hopefully we never have to debate again , ever, because honestly apart from 7am you are by far the most unreasonable person i have seen on the site.

Thank you so much for showing your biasness.

Please do not reply to this and do me a favor , please NEVER reply to any of my post.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just thought i would reply to some very unreasonable accusation made by a guy who clearly is super bias when he starts saying Thanos killing Rot and making the scream was a result of Eternity crying.

As per the Squarrel girl retcon, which most people who have read Thanos, unlike some biased people who pretend to know Thanos here would know was :

1. Meant to be a joke, because its on Great Lake X-mas special, and takes place off panel.

2. Has been retconned in She Hulk 13, here are the scans, the scans are in the bottom of this thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/thanos/4005-7607/forums/thanos-chronology-fights-693595/

3. Thor fighting Set, and thats as mis-represented as it gets , why lets see what happened:

It was made pretty clear than Thor alongside everyone else was helpless against Set, and hence Thor goes to Atum's realm, sacrifice his life to get demogorge to come fight for him here are the scans:

As expected, all heroes are completely, utterly helpless do anything against Set, they cant even hurt him.

Thor decides to leave the fight, and teleport away to ask Gaea for help, however Gaea says she cant help him

Since Gaea said she cant help, Thor teleports to Atum's realm realm, asks him for help. Atum refuses because he doesnt want to turn into his god eater form because that begets hunger and turn him into a killer which he doesnt want. Thor attack Atum, making him mad, Atum angered turns God Eater and consumed Thor's soul. Thor however is able to take control of Atum's body for a short time, he teleports to Set dimension, fight and rips Set 7 heads out and sent its to 7 alternate realities across the multiverse.

4. Set surving a cosmic cube, as the person failed to mention was a massively amped up Set

While heroes (Stingray, Dr. Strange, The Thing , Quasar and Wanda) are helpless against the giant crown, Spiderman managed to find a CCU, uses that with help of Dr. Strange, Thing and Wanda to destroy the crown first, then banish Set

Marvel Handbook 1989 confirms that Set was vastly more powerful than Scarlet Witch, but hey i guess we already knew that

No Caption Provided

Marvel Handbook 1989 confirms that cosmic cube did in fact, reduce the giant crown into metallic dust

No Caption Provided

Marvel Zombie Handbook 2007 states that it is still unclear whether Serpent can actually be killed, sort of explains why Dr. Strange with a cosmic cube didnt outright kill Set but used it to banish Set.

No Caption Provided

However thing to note is that there is a big possibility Set was amped in this encounter.

Firstly, we know 777 crown + other crown called from the multiverse were used to fused together and wake up Set

No Caption Provided

All these crowns might not be Set own power but powers of various Set across the multiverse.

Marvel has intentionally let it vague let try to document what Marvel has established so far:

Marvel Handbook 1989 states that its unclear whether each of the realities has its own Set, or whether there is only one Set in the multiverse

No Caption Provided

We know one of the crown was from Earth 712, Marvel Zombie handbook leaves it unclear whether this is a power of a seperate Set from Earth 712, as it reads "Directed by Set (or perhaps his Earth 712 counterpart)

No Caption Provided

Furthermore Marvel Zombie Handbook 2007 also goes on to say "Some sources describe Set as being unique to the multiverse, but other sources show an individual Set in various alternate realities".

No Caption Provided

With a closer inspection it looks odd. Either this is a PIS or Set was amped, because look at it this way, one encounter potray him being more powerful than a cosmic cube, yet we have Atum, whose powers were that of a sun, beats him just fine despite being amped , and later he beats him rather handily even in his own dimension.

So its whatever one wants to believe.

5. As per adjescent galaxies not being destroyed as a result of Thanos vs Odin, no galaxy was destroyed when a whole army of Celestial fought Galactus Engine, no galaxies were busted when Galactus fought Odin either. Those sort of thing means nothing when Odin himself admits he is trying to kill Thanos.

So yeah that argument is filled with more twisted facts than i can care to point out.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: "Someone continues to disagree with me, better just stop arguing and contrive a reason for it being the fault of the other participant"

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just thought i would reply to some very unreasonable accusation made by a guy who clearly is super bias when he starts saying Thanos killing Rot and making the scream was a result of Eternity crying.

As per the Squarrel girl retcon, which most people who have read Thanos, unlike some biased people who pretend to know Thanos here would know was :

1. Meant to be a joke, because its on Great Lake X-mas special, and takes place off panel.

2. Has been retconned in She Hulk 13, here are the scans, the scans are in the bottom of this thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/thanos/4005-7607/forums/thanos-chronology-fights-693595/

the scans at the bottom that were to small to possibly read? could we get some actual legible retconning?

3. Thor fighting Set, and thats as mis-represented as it gets , why lets see what happened:

It was made pretty clear than Thor alongside everyone else was helpless against Set, and hence Thor goes to Atum's realm, sacrifice his life to get demogorge to come fight for him here are the scans:

As expected, all heroes are completely, utterly helpless do anything against Set, they cant even hurt him.

Thor decides to leave the fight, and teleport away to ask Gaea for help, however Gaea says she cant help him

Since Gaea said she cant help, Thor teleports to Atum's realm realm, asks him for help. Atum refuses because he doesnt want to turn into his god eater form because that begets hunger and turn him into a killer which he doesnt want. Thor attack Atum, making him mad, Atum angered turns God Eater and consumed Thor's soul. Thor however is able to take control of Atum's body for a short time, he teleports to Set dimension, fight and rips Set 7 heads out and sent its to 7 alternate realities across the multiverse.

yeah, I know that, I was saying that Thor got some good hits in, and managed to hold off Set

again, I was citing this to prove that Thor has also made brief stands against much more powerful opponents, so I'm not seeing how the whole Tyrant vs Thanos fight proves anything more

4. Set surving a cosmic cube, as the person failed to mention was a massively amped up Set

While heroes (Stingray, Dr. Strange, The Thing , Quasar and Wanda) are helpless against the giant crown, Spiderman managed to find a CCU, uses that with help of Dr. Strange, Thing and Wanda to destroy the crown first, then banish Set

Set isn't the Serpent cronw anymore than Odin is Grungir

and could you please tell me how exactly Set was amped during that fight?

Marvel Handbook 1989 confirms that Set was vastly more powerful than Scarlet Witch, but hey i guess we already knew that

No Caption Provided

Marvel Handbook 1989 confirms that cosmic cube did in fact, reduce the giant crown into metallic dust

No Caption Provided

Marvel Zombie Handbook 2007 states that it is still unclear whether Serpent can actually be killed, sort of explains why Dr. Strange with a cosmic cube didnt outright kill Set but used it to banish Set.

No Caption Provided

However thing to note is that there is a big possibility Set was amped in this encounter.

Firstly, we know 777 crown + other crown called from the multiverse were used to fused together and wake up Set

No Caption Provided

okay....

All these crowns might not be Set own power but powers of various Set across the multiverse.

Marvel has intentionally let it vague let try to document what Marvel has established so far:

Marvel Handbook 1989 states that its unclear whether each of the realities has its own Set, or whether there is only one Set in the multiverse

No Caption Provided

We know one of the crown was from Earth 712, Marvel Zombie handbook leaves it unclear whether this is a power of a seperate Set from Earth 712, as it reads "Directed by Set (or perhaps his Earth 712 counterpart)

No Caption Provided

Furthermore Marvel Zombie Handbook 2007 also goes on to say "Some sources describe Set as being unique to the multiverse, but other sources show an individual Set in various alternate realities".

No Caption Provided

how does any of this diminish Thor's feat against Set?

With a closer inspection it looks odd. Either this is a PIS or Set was amped, because look at it this way, one encounter potray him being more powerful than a cosmic cube, yet we have Atum, whose powers were that of a sun, beats him just fine despite being amped , and later he beats him rather handily even in his own dimension.

what? what? seriously, Atum eats Gods on a regular basis, yeah he lives in the sun, but his power is far greater than that of Earth's star, where are you getting that his power is limited there? really, that doesn't even really make any sense, Atum lives in the sun, so if his power was equal to the sun, he'd be in constant strain. that makes absolutely no sense

5. As per adjescent galaxies not being destroyed as a result of Thanos vs Odin, no galaxy was destroyed when a whole army of Celestial fought Galactus Engine, no galaxies were busted when Galactus fought Odin either. Those sort of thing means nothing when Odin himself admits he is trying to kill Thanos.

So yeah that argument is filled with more twisted facts than i can care to point out.

Celstials fight differently than Odin,

Odin knocked himself out trying to headbutt Galactus, not rteally the same full-force balsts

basically your logic is:

1)Thanos getting arrested by the police: made by an author who had no idea what he was doing, shouldn't be considered canon

2) an uncharacteristically pugnacious, two-eyed Odin works with a lot less power than we know he has: totally canon

yep, your totally unbiased

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#159  Edited By xxxddd

Thanos.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxddd said:

Thanos.

under most circumstances: probably

against a Totally bloodlusted Thor: I don't see it happening

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Thanos still wins.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxddd said:

Thanos still wins.

yeah, no; I don't think Thanos could do that

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe this thread has not been locked. This is massive spite. Thor was blood lusted in "blood and Thunder" and against the Maestro. Even blood lusted the best he did was KO BRB. Thanos killed Silver Surfer with just his fist!! Thanos beat The Maker. The Fallen. Thanos already fought a blood lusted Thor who had the power gem. and only gave Thanos a nosebleed. Thanos mind zapped The Fallen. Mind Zapped The Maker. Mind controlled the Hulk. with a simple thought, Thor goes down.

Paulie21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Paulie21

Thanos was created not to be fought one on one. You cant fight him one on one. With all of his powers and being able to focus them on one target without any other distractions...I'm not sure any superhero or supervillain could stand up to that. He was created to be attacked by everyone and still be able to stand up to them with a good chance of winning. Luck will play a role in beating Thanos with all of a faction of superheros standing against him.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only one guy who has no clue what Thanos can do is saying crap.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By jashro44

Killemall pretty much proved thanos wins.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos should drop Thor like a sack of dirt.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By dondave

Thanos without trying

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Killemall

Regardless of one debator ability to be extremely unreasonable, the thread pretty clearly shows Thanos stomps. Everytime.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regardless of one debator ability to be extremely unreasonable, the thread pretty clearly shows Thanos stomps. Everytime.

who are ya talkin' abooooooouuut?

@pooty said:

I can't believe this thread has not been locked. This is massive spite. Thor was blood lusted in "blood and Thunder" and against the Maestro. Even blood lusted the best he did was KO BRB. Thanos killed Silver Surfer with just his fist!! Thanos beat The Maker. The Fallen. Thanos already fought a blood lusted Thor who had the power gem. and only gave Thanos a nosebleed. Thanos mind zapped The Fallen. Mind Zapped The Maker. Mind controlled the Hulk. with a simple thought, Thor goes down.

He probably would have killed BRB if the fight had kept going

when did Thanos ever kill the Silver Surfer?

who the hell is the maker?

who the hell was The Fallen?

Thor has has better Telepathy resistance feats than Hulk

@paulie21 said:

Thanos was created not to be fought one on one. You cant fight him one on one. With all of his powers and being able to focus them on one target without any other distractions...I'm not sure any superhero or supervillain could stand up to that. He was created to be attacked by everyone and still be able to stand up to them with a good chance of winning. Luck will play a role in beating Thanos with all of a faction of superheros standing against him.

Thor was created to be the srongest guy around, what's your point?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall said:

who are ya talkin' abooooooouuut?

@pooty said:

He probably would have killed BRB if the fight had kept going

when did Thanos ever kill the Silver Surfer?

who the hell is the maker?

who the hell was The Fallen?

Thor has has better Telepathy resistance feats than Hulk

@paulie21 said:

Thor was created to be the srongest guy around, what's your point?

He didn't kill Surfer; he beat till near the point of Death and then teleported him to Death's Realm

The Maker is Kosmos

The Fallen One is a herald of Galactus Fallen One

Not really they've both resisted telepathy and have both fallen to it, recently Hulk with Thanos and Thor with Charles Xavier and Red Skull with Xavier;s brain

RebornAkuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is still going on? Thanos stomps

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

He didn't kill Surfer; he beat till near the point of Death and then teleported him to Death's Realm

The Maker is Kosmos

The Fallen One is a herald of Galactus Fallen One

Not really they've both resisted telepathy and have both fallen to it, recently Hulk with Thanos and Thor with Charles Xavier and Red Skull with Xavier;s brain

when did that happen?

Kosmos was depowered (in a physical body that breathed on it's onw) when that happenned

I don't remember fallen One having that impressive of feats

I;m not sure if Thanos has telepathy comparable with that of Xavier

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Killemall

@dondave said:

In regards to this, someone actually asked Brevroot a simple question, World War Hulk we see Hulk resist Xavier's telepathy while Thanos easily TPs him during Avengers Assemble, why? In reply Brevroot replied Thanos is very powerful. Its on his formspring page if you are willing to dig thru it.

I take it as meaning Thanos is a more powerful telepathy, although he wasnt the writer.

Lastly, neither Thor or Hulk nor any non-telepath has better TP resistance than Moondragon (marvel premier telepath) or Adam Warlock, both of whom have fallen victim to Thanos telepathy.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

In regards to this, someone actually asked Brevroot a simple question, World War Hulk we see Hulk resist Xavier's telepathy while Thanos easily TPs him during Avengers Assemble, why? In reply Brevroot replied Thanos is very powerful. Its on his formspring page if you are willing to dig thru it.

I take it as meaning Thanos is a more powerful telepathy, although he wasnt the writer.

Lastly, neither Thor or Hulk nor any non-telepath has better TP resistance than Moondragon (marvel premier telepath) or Adam Warlock, both of whom have fallen victim to Thanos telepathy.

does anyone have actual scans of Thanos legitimately mind controlling anyone?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave:

a bloodlusted Thor does about as well

No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By dondave

@killemall said:

@dondave said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Killemall

So people arguing against Thanos as if they know Thanos are saying does anyone have a scan of Thanos mind-controlling anyone?

Really shows how much a person know who Thanos is.

Anyways, no point debating with a wall, but for people who might be interested, there are PLENTY

1. Mindrapes Drax The Destroyer (Captain Marvel Volume 1, Issue 28) - note that classic Drax did have some telepatic powers, he was able to telepathically talk to Captain Marvel and Iron Man, however i do not believe he has actually shown the ability to use it offensively.

A TP battle with Moondragon which Thanos wins, and give the fact that Moondragon is one of the most proficient telepath (she did not have mind gem here) it speaks volumes about Thanos telepathic abilities. - Captain Marvel, Volume 1, Issue 31

beats Kosmos (Beyonder/ The Maker) and mind rapes her (traps her limitless powers in her own human body)

Fought the Fallen One (apparently Galactus first herald after Tyrant) mind controlled him and made him his herald - Thanos 12

Mind controls hulk and makes him fight the Avengers

So Thanos TP working against people with better TP defense than Thor

1. Moondragon

2. Adam Warlock

Thanos TP someone more powerful than Thor

Maker/ Kosmos/ Beyonder -same being

Thanos TP someone with TP equivalent to Thor, current Hulk :)

For anyone being unbiased there is no leeway.

And Classic Drax was a TP user himself.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By dondave
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor's never been shown to be able to hurt Thanos, who is stronger, smarter and more manipulative and know's how to use the majority of his powers instead of resorting to physical blows, which is why he will always win against Thor, imo.

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Assman

@betatesthighlander1: Thor vol. 2 #25 check it out.

No Caption Provided

Odin force, Belt of strength and shield of Odin, those items are not in this fight.

That was a Thanos clone, a powerfull one, as stated in Infinity Abyss mini.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assman said:

@cosmostyrant said:

No Caption Provided

Odin force, Belt of strength and shield of Odin, those items are not in this fight.

yeah, the evidence of that being a clone is pretty small (Thanos said it was, and super villains lie) I'm not buying that it was someone significantly different from Thanos

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assman said:

@cosmostyrant said:

No Caption Provided

yeah, the evidence of that being a clone is pretty small (Thanos said it was, and super villains lie) I'm not buying that it was someone significantly different from Thanos

I'll see if I can find the scans, have them somewhere, the whole series was about Thanos and all these clones he'd created for specific purposes, that was retconned to be a powerfull Thanos clone in Thor #25.

@dondave said:

@betatesthighlander1: What exactly is Thor going to do to Thanos that will beat him?

this
this

or this
or this

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
or some of these
or some of these

That's a really bad and blury scan of the last one, which is not even the real Thor, but eric masterson, during the IG which Thanos has on there, and powered himself right down to actually physically combat the marvel heroes to impress his lady death, so, that has absolutely no relevence, since it is not even Thor, the real god of thunder, and Thanos has the IG, which people don't seem to realize, he let alot of that hapen, to impress lady death.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assman said:

@dondave said:

@betatesthighlander1: What exactly is Thor going to do to Thanos that will beat him?

this
this

or this
or this

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
or some of these
or some of these

That's a really bad and blury scan of the last one, which is not even the real Thor, but eric masterson, during the IG which Thanos has on there, and powered himself right down to actually physically combat the marvel heroes to impress his lady death, so, that has absolutely no relevence, since it is not even Thor, the real god of thunder, and Thanos has the IG, which people don't seem to realize, he let alot of that hapen, to impress lady death.

Eric Masterson has power equal to or less than that of Thor Odinson

Thanos put himself down to regular levels when he depowered with the IG (probably above normal level)

so yeah, those feats totally count

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Assman

@killemall said:

@dondave said:

Loads more, but an impressive one is mind controlling the Fallen One, Galactus's first and powerfull herald, and turning him into his herald/servant!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Killemall

So its pretty much one very unreasonable debator , trying whatever he can to ignored a well established cosmology of Thanos being far superior to Thor.

Hilarious.

Thor vs Thanos totally would count, if it was just Thor vs Thanos and NOT entire marvel earth vs Thanos, and if Thor didnt just get turned into glass the next page.

Again attempt to troll is hilarious :)

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assman said:

@killemall said:

@dondave said:

Loads more, but an impressive one is mind controlling the Fallen One, Galactus's first and powerfull herald, and turning him into his herald/servant!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

guy was already weak from a fight, and we don't really have any mind-control resistance from Fallen one

So its pretty much one very unreasonable debator , trying whatever he can to ignored a well established cosmology of Thanos being far superior to Thor.

Hilarious.

other people have supported Thanos in this fight

and there's no real "established cosmology" that I'm ignoring

and you feeling like you need to say "hilarious" implies that it really isn't

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again stop quoting me who is talking to you

Yeah because Adam Warlock, Moondragon and Hulk dont have TP resistant either, neither does a cosmic cube being

Hilarious :)

here Thanos notices Galactus is clearly well nourished

No Caption Provided

As per Thor vs a fed Galactus, lets compare

What Thanos did to a well nourished Galactus

No Caption Provided

And what Thor managed to do against a well norished galactus with AN AMPED UP god blast from Thor + Rachel energy + Surfer energy

I mean come on, anyone who isnt un-biased its pretty clear whose power is superior.

And Thor vs a Thanosi (a clone of Thanos)

The weakest version of Thanos (he has had 2 power boosts, once during Infinity Gauntlet story arc and once during Thanos Imperative) vs Classic Thor (anyone who reads Thor know classic era he was more powerful) + Thing

Result: both get easily defeated

Yet somehow Thor is more powerful, really... i mean come on.

Then we have Tarus, a Thanos lackey a person who received his power from Thanos vs Thor, Black Widow, Iron Man and Hawkeye

Result: they all get stomped

Is there really any leeway to argue.

Just for keep, once Zodiac is defeated, then come Thanos, everyone seem to act as if something MORE powerful is coming thru

Anyone who is reasonable and not a wall its pretty clear who is superior.

And here proof that Marvel keeps Thanos as a whole different class than normal heroes

No Caption Provided

I mean really, is there a leeway.

Thanos is more powerful than Thor, has ALWAYS been.

Its a fact.

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hilarious.

Thor vs Thanos totally would count, if it was just Thor vs Thanos and NOT entire marvel earth vs Thanos, and if Thor didnt just get turned into glass the next page.

Again attempt to troll is hilarious :)

Pretty much seems that way.

okay, so we know that the "clone" Thor fought was actually any weaker?

Actually, no, the clone was stated to be as powerfull as Thanos, so, quite the opposite. I think it's safe to say that no matter what is said, shown and posted will not sway you or interest you in changing your opinion, you think Thor can hurt Thanos and has just as good if not better feats than Thanos? Your on your own there, unfortunately, but that's your call.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Killemall

@assman: Out of curiosity when was it revealed that the clone as just as powerful as Thanos, i have no seen that. i would prefer a issue number over scans :)

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assman: Out of curiosity when was it revealed that the clone as just as powerful as Thanos, i have no seen that. i would prefer a issue number over scans :)

I'm sure it was same series, Infinity Abyss? I'll have to double check it, but do recall it was said some where by Thanos himself that clone was as powerfull as himself as power goes.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Killemall

@assman said:

I'm sure it was same series, Infinity Abyss? I'll have to double check it, but do recall it was said some where by Thanos himself that clone was as powerfull as himself as power goes.

Infinity Abyss i have read, he just says it was a high level clone as opposed to a low level one that fought Ka Zar, pretty sure there was no mention of the clone being just as powerful as Thanos.

In fact, that would actually undermine the whole idea of a retcon, wouldnt it?

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Until I set a HIGH POWERED model against Thor". Now, i'll give you that it doesn't directly state "i sent a model as powerfull as myself", but i'm sticking to my guns and say that when he's sending a "high powered" model of himself, what is one suppose to make of that, other than a clearly very powerfull version not unlike himself :-)

No Caption Provided

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos makes Thor bend over.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

HighER powered. As in, more powerful than the one Ka-Zar fought. It could very well be as powerful, but I doubt it.

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assman said:

Infinity Abyss i have read, he just says it was a high level clone as opposed to a low level one that fought Ka Zar, pretty sure there was no mention of the clone being just as powerful as Thanos.

In fact, that would actually undermine the whole idea of a retcon, wouldnt it?

I won't contest that, as I stated, it doesn't actually state that it was as powerfull as himself, only that it was a high end powered clone. Going by what Thanos stated, and what was shown in the Thor storyline, he wasn't that far removed from the real deal, which as stated by Thanos in the panel, what got his attention about the clones from that point.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Killemall

@assman: I agree with what you said once you posted a scan, the part you just replied to, i posted before you posted the scans and made your intention clear thats why you see a contradiction.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos makes Thor bend over.

That would be counter-productive, Thanos has a girl friend and she's DEATH...

Like Thanos said during Thanos Imperative, nobody cheats Death , twice :p