Thor vs Thanos

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CosmosTyrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By CosmosTyrant

@betatesthighlander1: Everything in his power to win. That doesn't mean, he stops the fight and ask hes father to give him some of the OdinForce. Goes to Asgard to get belt of strength and Shield of Odin the was destroy in that fight.

Thor loses this fight. He is out of hes weight class.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@shawnbaby said:

@thundergodswrath said:

@dondave said:

@thundergodswrath: I think he's trying to say that Thanos was able to fight Thor with the Power Gem which increased his attributes; he doesn't have that here and would lead to the battle finishing rather quickly

Yeah I know, but that Thor wasn't in his right mind. A morals off Thor would do more than strike. He would summon storms, and shoot energy blasts. Yes Thor gets stomped here, but i'm just saying he will do more than hammer swings.

You didn't even mention storms and energy blasts until just now. You were arguing about non-standard gear and trying to say that Thor did not lose that fight...when Thor was also using Non-Standard Gear and he did not win that fight. Now you are saying that Thor would do more than just brawl...while neglecting the fact that Thanos can do a lot more than just brawl as well. He was brawling with Thor because he enjoyed it...until he got bored, grabbed his gun, and won via incapacitation.

Obviously..I don't get what you mean. I'm saying that Thor wasn't in his right mind, and only used physical strikes. Sort of like how in Uncanny Avengers when Red Skull with Professor Xaviers brain ( took his brain, and got his powers ) mind controlled Thor into fighting his comrades. He was only fighting like Hulk. Why do you keep bringing up gear? I already said Thor had the Power Gem, and Thanos had a item that wasn't standard gear. I know what Thanos is capable of. Heck I even said Thor gets stomped, but will fight with his storms, and energy blast oppose to the time in the past. Actually that's not what happened. If you want, I will bring out the scans. He stopped, because he knew if he had continued brawling with the amped Thor he would lose.

I have the scans...at no point does Thanos say he would lose. At first he found the battle invigorating...and then he just got bored of it. it's possible he might have lost...but the Battle was going pretty evenly up to that point.

My point was...you never brought up any of that stuff about fighting with energy blasts and Storms with me but then you acted like it was what you were saying the entire time. You kept on trying to dismiss the encounter entirely.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By Bronze_Surfer
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer:

wasn't She-Hulk able to defeat someone who had the power gem?

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Bronze_Surfer

@betatesthighlander1: I don't think so. Don't hold me to it but i'm pretty sure no. Thanos has defeated others who have the power gem before.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He was hungry if not starving in that scan. I have that issue.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By NeonGameWave

@fernando072295reborn said:

@neongamewave: A blast like that would be the end of Thanos actually. As it would be absorbed and provided the means for Thor to simply keep absorbing and drain Thanos dry.

Thor could try to absorb the blast but there is no guarantee that he would be able to keep up with Thanos long enough to pull off a win via that continuous method also Thanos has his energy shields which he could use to block Thor`s attacks and render his attempts useless, and once one of the blasts hits Thor directly then he will be in a lot of pain or worse.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. My point was, its out of context.

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: has he at any point throughout his history, gone into warrior madness on a whim? If not, then no. Let's just use on panel showings to avoid massive speculations.

And to be honest if warrior madness is anything like blood and thunder Thor, it would be a terrible idea for Thor to turn into a snarling psychotic maniac. He's got a lot more available to him than melee or the occasional lightning bolt in this case.

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Thanos ran away from that fight. And he admits later on that Thor would kill him and the infinity watch if he broke free.

@NeonGameWave any particular reason why it's not guaranteed? Thor doesn't have to stop draining him.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Shawnbaby

@shawnbaby: Thanos ran away from that fight. And he admits later on that Thor would kill him and the infinity watch if he broke free.

He did not run away. He got bored. And it still doesn't matter because That was Thor with the Power Gem...which he does not have here.

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: that is an enormous pile of BS lol. He just got his mega chin rocked by Thor and suddenly he's bored from a fight he was previously getting a kick out of? No.

Physically, Thanos should manhandle Thor. But Thor has a lot more going for him this round. He could just throw Mjolnir FTL at Thanos.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: that is an enormous pile of BS lol. He just got his mega chin rocked by Thor and suddenly he's bored from a fight he was previously getting a kick out of? No.

Physically, Thanos should manhandle Thor. But Thor has a lot more going for him this round. He could just throw Mjolnir FTL at Thanos.

No BS about it. Thor had previously beaten Champion with the Power Gem so it wasn't like he was out of his depth. He simply no longer wished to engage in the fight. I'm not saying he would necessarily have won...but he wasn't losing either. He didn't run away. He walked into the next room, grabbed his gun, and ended it. That's what happened. if you don't like it...take it up with the writer.

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: it's entirely BS. Champion =/= Thor. Champion never even landed a single hit. Thor was working Thanos and broke his shields. The fight was even, but with every passing moment Thor gained more advantage over Thanos. He ran away the second he left the room to reach for his plot device gun.

That's just you trying to get out of the conversation. Not me misinterpreting the comic.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: it's entirely BS. Champion =/= Thor. Champion never even landed a single hit. Thor was working Thanos and broke his shields. The fight was even, but with every passing moment Thor gained more advantage over Thanos. He ran away the second he left the room to reach for his plot device gun.

That's just you trying to get out of the conversation. Not me misinterpreting the comic.

Thor was not "working" Thanos. At all. They were going Blow for Blow and THanos was enjoying himself. Thor got a rocking hit on THanos at the end...and Thanos was hardly even fazed. He got the gun because he was bored. You are putting your own spin on the events...but that's the way the scene played out. He repeats himself 3 times. He was bored and wanted to bring an end to things quickly. He is not hurt. He is not scared. Just bored.

No Caption Provided

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Funny enough, he wasn't bored here:

No Caption Provided

yet oddly enough:

No Caption Provided

this is the part where he gets bored? Use some common sense bro. He even goes on to say after the fight that Thor would be at his throat before he could do anything about it if he managed to break free from the energy block. Thanos didn't want to lose the fight. He did the right thing, but he was starting to be at a disadvantage and he knew when to quit.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But the power gem isn't standard for Thor. And even that wasn't roflstompage.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Thor has resisted Telepathy tons of times

also, what kind of TP feats does Thanos even have?

people are always talking about his psychic abilities, but I don't recall him ever using them

Thanos doesn't do TP that often. Thanos does not try to read your mind or control you. He does mind blast. He did it to "The Fallen" and against "The Maker".

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll have to retread my Slott She-Hulk run to find out how she beat Titania.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Funny enough, he wasn't bored here:

No Caption Provided

yet oddly enough:

No Caption Provided

this is the part where he gets bored? Use some common sense bro. He even goes on to say after the fight that Thor would be at his throat before he could do anything about it if he managed to break free from the energy block. Thanos didn't want to lose the fight. He did the right thing, but he was starting to be at a disadvantage and he knew when to quit.

No...he wasn't bored there...he even said the whole reason he fought Thor in the first place was because he found the Challenge invigorating...and yes..he ended the fight with the gun. But he did not run away. Thanos is no coward. Also, He was not losing that confrontation, it is certainly possible he could have...but at the rate they were going...it would have taken a long time either way and Thanos simply had had enough. I don't know how you look at those scans and say Thanos was getting worked...He was giving as good as he got...I would even say for most of the fight he held the advantage. One good shot from Thor does not suddenly shift all the momentum of the fight to his side.

Use your Common Sense...Thanos has never backed away from a Challenge. He went Toe-to-Toe with both Galactus and Odin...and he was not scared. He has Pummeled Thor on multiple occasions. In this situation he was just chilling at home, probably catching up on his stories when all of a sudden an Insane Thor is teleported in and starts breaking all his stuff. He wasn't even looking for a fight. So eventually he gets to a point where he's like "this crazy Asgardian is breaking all my toys...time for him to go home" and that's exactly what happened...Thanos sent him back to Daddy.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By pooty

@cosmostyrant:

Thor has stood up to Thanos @shawnbaby has shwon they seem to be about even

Thanos has stopped his hammer. Has been hit by the hammer to no effect. Thanos almost KOéd Thor when Thanos was fighting all the avengers at once. Thor has been quickly stomped by Odin when THanos had an extended fight with Odin. Thor has a hard time with Silver Surfer. Thanos destroys Silver Surfer. When have they been shown about even?

@bronze_surfer:

wasn't She-Hulk able to defeat someone who had the power gem?

No she lost to Champion when he had the power gem. She argued that the power gem was an amp and fought him later with out the power gem. she beat Champion without the power gem.

@fernando072295reborn:When has Thanos ever been drained? Has Thor ever drained someone on Thanos power/durability level?

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: He has. He's sucked up the entirety of the power of an elder god. Glory to be more specific. Thor just chose to shoot it back instead of continuing the drain. He's also forcibly drained firelord, the presence, kang, etc.

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: oh, sorry if I'm giving you that impression. Thanos is no coward I absolutely agree, but he's not stupid either which is what he would've been had he kept slugging it out with Thor like that. You think Thanos had the advantage?

No Caption Provided

when?

Pummeled Thor on multiple occasions huh? Well that should be easy for you to prove. Can you give me a single instance where Thanos ko's Thor? I mean he's pummeled Thor on multiple occasions right?

That's an interesting way of looking at it since the moment Thor was put on his ship Thanos sicked his androids on him then opened up the fight with a massive cheap shot on Thor.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By New_World_Order
Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: oh, sorry if I'm giving you that impression. Thanos is no coward I absolutely agree, but he's not stupid either which is what he would've been had he kept slugging it out with Thor like that. You think Thanos had the advantage?

No Caption Provided

when?

Pummeled Thor on multiple occasions huh? Well that should be easy for you to prove. Can you give me a single instance where Thanos ko's Thor? I mean he's pummeled Thor on multiple occasions right?

That's an interesting way of looking at it since the moment Thor was put on his ship Thanos sicked his androids on him then opened up the fight with a massive cheap shot on Thor.

Linking one page from the fight doesn't prove Thor had the upper hand. I linked the entire fight and for most of it Thanos has the upper hand. And Thanos may have used some "cheap shots" but Thor wasn't exactly playing by Marquis of Queensbury rules either. Once Pip explains the situation...Thanos grudgingly agrees that Thor has to be stopped. Also, it wasn't random circumstance that made Pip think of bringing Thor to Thanos in the first place. He brought him there because he knew that if anyone could go up against a Power Gem enhanced crazy Bloodlusted Thor...it would be Thanos.

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: If you compare the amount of times Thor struck Thanos, to Thanos striking Thor, you'd see that's not true. As well as points for Thor resisting a blatant cheap shot and busting Thanos' shields. Thor did absolutely nothing that could be considered foul play in any way shape or form.

Good to see you backed away from providing those multiple beat downs Thanos has delivered to Thor. Since they don't exist.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

Thor will eventually win.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By pooty

@pooty: He has. He's sucked up the entirety of the power of an elder god. Glory to be more specific. Thor just chose to shoot it back instead of continuing the drain. He's also forcibly drained firelord, the presence, kang, etc.

You are remembering the Glory battle incorrectly. Thor didn't drain Glory. Glory attacked Thor. Thor absorbed the blast and shot it back at Glory. Firelord and Kang are nothing compared to Thanos in power. Also, Grey Gargoyle can turn Thor into stone, so i don't see why thanos can't. Thanos can absorb power as he did with Reptyl.

Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: He drained the blast to the point where Glory was no longer firing and he was no longer engulfed in flame. That's draining dude.

They don't have to be though. Energy is energy and Thanos doesn't have much that would suggest he could resist his being sapped if Thor started absorbing his blast.

Thor can knock out the PF. Don't see why he can't do it to Thanos. I like this logic :P

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Shawnbaby

@shawnbaby: If you compare the amount of times Thor struck Thanos, to Thanos striking Thor, you'd see that's not true. As well as points for Thor resisting a blatant cheap shot and busting Thanos' shields. Thor did absolutely nothing that could be considered foul play in any way shape or form.

Good to see you backed away from providing those multiple beat downs Thanos has delivered to Thor. Since they don't exist.

Do you want to actually go through the Scans again? Because Not only does thanos get as many hits on Thor as Thor does on him...His hits have a larger effect on Thor. And, I have to mention again...this isn't even Regular Thor...this is Thor Amped up with the Power Gem....and he still can only Stalemate against Thanos...until the Mad Titan gets bored and puts Goldilocks to bed.

And since you wanted to see a Thanos/Thor Beatdown:

Here's Thanos taking on an entire team of Avengers...and in that first Scan...who is that getting pimp slapped through the air by the Mad Titan? Why...It's the Mighty Thor himself. Next we have Thor and The Thing double Teaming Thanos (and you call Thanos Cheap) they knock him back and forth a little sure...but what happens in the next page? Thing gets KO'd by a single shot from Thanos...and Thor is on the ropes...The next we see of them Thor is on his knees with the Rest of the avengers....they are only saved by Adam Warlock's return (brought to you by Spider-Man and a Plot Device)

Now...Lets see you bring some Scans of a Non-Amped Thor putting the hurt on Thanos (and not a Clone)...put your money where your mouth is.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: He drained the blast to the point where Glory was no longer firing and he was no longer engulfed in flame. That's draining dude.

They don't have to be though. Energy is energy and Thanos doesn't have much that would suggest he could resist his being sapped if Thor started absorbing his blast.

Thor can knock out the PF. Don't see why he can't do it to Thanos. I like this logic :P

He didn't drain Glory. Glory shot the blast. Thor did not take Glory's energy against his will. That is absorbing not draining. Draining is when you forcibly take energy. Vulcan drains energy. He forcibly takes it from your body. Also read the scan. it SPECIFICALLY says absorbing. it says nothing about draining.

Thor can absorb blasts from Thanos. But thanos has proven he can absorb blast from Silver Surfer. Stop Mjolnir in its tracks. and tank blast from Odin. When Odin was blasting Thanos, thanos was able to move forward and grab Odin. so even Odin couldn't stop Thanos in his tracks. Thor can't either

Is PF Phoenix? When did thor KO PF?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Really?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TifaLockhart

Apologies for sounding cheerleaderish, but Shawnbaby's points are strong.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apologies for sounding cheerleaderish, but Shawnbaby's points are strong.

Watch out (Pause)

He's here (Pause)

Shawnbaby!

We're here to Cheer!

His points are Strong

He's proved you Wrong!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#91  Edited By Saren

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@thundergodswrath:

its a clone according to whom?

scans, or wikis, or anything to back that up?

Sadly no.

Sure there's evidence. There's Thanos' own statement in Infinity Abyss where he says the Thanos that fought Thor was a mere clone, not that the Asgardian was any the wiser.

No Caption Provided

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fernando072295reborn: The reason is that Thanos wouldn`t resort to only utilizing energy based attacks but he would engage Thor in H2H combat and also Thanos has the slight edge in durability, he took a powerful blast from Odin in which he was able to stand tall although the blast did hurt him and he also took a blast from an angry Galactus, Thor`s lightning strikes will hurt Thanos but it wouldn`t be enough to take him down.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@fernando072295reborn:

if Thor's allowed to do anything in his power, he could warrior madness up in there

That is not Thanos but rather Thanoside, and the scans are from Thor: Tears of a God. This appearence of Thanos has been retconned during Infinity Abyss as well as you will see a very clearly statement of it not being Thanos during Thanos 01.

@fernando072295reborn:

Hercules(shown on multiple occasions to be Thor's equal) staggered Galactus, he was as knocked out and aangered there as he was in his fight with Thanos

and what do you mean that wasn't canon?

Hercules has never staggered Galactus, that is from Hercules mini, which takes place in an alternate reality, same series Hercules gets Galactus drunk, up to you how much stock you want to put on that issue.

Although to be fair, there was no mention of Galactus being hungry to likely a fed Galactus there.

@killemall: Thor has resisted Telepathy tons of times

also, what kind of TP feats does Thanos even have?

people are always talking about his psychic abilities, but I don't recall him ever using them

Thor has been taken down by powerful enough Telepath, Prof X did once during AvX and we also have Red Skull with Prof X power do it, both very recent.

Thanos has plenty of TP feats not sure what you got that from.

Check that out: http://www.comicvine.com/thanos/4005-7607/forums/thanos-chronology-fights-693595/

you will find 10 instances of Thanos using TP.

Noteworthy fight:

1. Use TP to stomp Drax the destroyer, who at classic level has some degree of telepathy capable of communicating people across planets.

2. Use TP against Moondragon, one of Marvel's premier telepath and beat her easily.

3. Use TP on Adam Warlock and again beat him rather easily.

4. Use TP on Fallen One, one of the Herald of Galactus and make him his herald.

5. Use TP on Beyonder / Kosmos a cosmic cube being.

6. Mindcontrolled Hulk and made him fight the Avengers.

Seriously Thanos is a super power telepath.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Killemall

@thundergodswrath:

its a clone according to whom?

scans, or wikis, or anything to back that up?

Thanos 01

No Caption Provided

@cosmostyrant:

Thor has stood up to Thanos @shawnbaby has shwon they seem to be about even

Really?

Doesnt look very even if you ask me:

Or when during Tears of a God Thor tried to attack him with anti force blast

No Caption Provided

Even in Tears of a god, Thor actually needed a plot to beat Thanos, he blew up the illumination stone on his neck, you seem to have missed that part.

Also when MOD was summoning people of awesome power in a hierarchical order, first he summons the heroes (silver sufer is included) then he summons Gods (then comes Thanos)

No Caption Provided

Thanos is just a whole different level to heroes, at least thats how Marvel has kept him.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The MOD was obviously wrong. Spider-Man >>>> skyfathers.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The MOD was obviously wrong. Spider-Man >>>> skyfathers.

He wasnt wrong, Spider-Man, just like Goku, can suppress his powers :p

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane:

how do we know Thanos was telling the truth and not just hiding his defeat?

Really?

Doesnt look very even if you ask me:

Or when during Tears of a God Thor tried to attack him with anti force blast

No Caption Provided

Even in Tears of a god, Thor actually needed a plot to beat Thanos, he blew up the illumination stone on his neck, you seem to have missed that part.

Also when MOD was summoning people of awesome power in a hierarchical order, first he summons the heroes (silver sufer is included) then he summons Gods (then comes Thanos)

No Caption Provided

Thanos is just a whole different level to heroes, at least thats how Marvel has kept him.

Thor has been slapped around by Hulk a couple times, but most people here think Thor is more powerful

Thor just needed to change up some strategies

the third one doesn't really prove anything

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Saren

@citizenbane:

how do we know Thanos was telling the truth and not just hiding his defeat?

-_-

The entire point of that story was Jim Starlin retconning away a host of Thanos' defeats. The fight with Ka-Zar, the fight with Thor and the fight with the Avengers. The writer's intent was clear and unmistakable. Pretending that something else was going on and Thanos was just making excuses is nothing more than desperate reaching. Additionally, Thor was heavily amped in that fight with the Thanosi. It's not applicable to this match-up.

Thanos is more powerful than Thor. End of story.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Killemall

Thor has been slapped around by Hulk a couple times, but most people here think Thor is more powerful

Really, so Hulk going one on one on Thor and still generally only managing a stalemate is comparable to Thanos easily knocking out Thor and Thing, within 2 pages comparable?

Thor has energy attack Hulk doesnt have, thats why Thor is more powerful. That falls apart when comparing against Thanos because his energy attack drawfs that of Thor, his durability drawfs that of Thor, his physical strength drawfs that of Thor and so on and so forth.

Thor just needed to change up some strategies

And do what exactly?

I would love to hear, outside of getting powerful atrifacts, which of course would mean Thor has prep and not that Thor is willing to do anything, what can he do to take down Thanos.

I am genuinely hoping for an answer here.

the third one doesn't really prove anything

Its not a fighting feat, it does prove of point if you are looking into it carefully. MOD a very powerful reality warper was having fight with his younger self, young MOD first calls upon heroes to back him up, the future version calls upon villains then he turns around to call Gods (where Thanos is there).

Point was marvel clearly puts Thanos in a whole different level as compared to Thor.

When asked Stan Lee, after The Final Threat, on who is stronger between Hulk, Thor and Thanos, he simply replied Thanos is just in a weight class of his own.

Look at people Thanos has fought, Tyrant, Odin, when guys like Thor were getting one shotted rather easily.

What can you show me to suggest Thor would beat him?

What exactly does Thor have in his arsenal that Thanos doesnt have an answer to, i would love to hear.