Thor vs Superman h2h no powers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

morals on round one

weapons round two

morals off round three

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

assuming Pre-52/rebirth superman. That superman has better skill feats then Thor does.,

inb4 thousandyearexperience

side note: think this has been done before, if not something similar

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor, he's a 6'6" 640 lbs viking without his powers.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

@bluehope said:

thats a lot of muscle and a lot of height that any average fighter can easily take advantage of, if it was a wrestling match your point would pretty much be the reason why Thor win (obvious muscle and height advantage) but in a fight Superman can take him.

R1 Superman

R2 Thor

R3 Superman since he was trained by Batman

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SuperGoku17

@itouchedtheboat said:
@bluehope said:

thats a lot of muscle and a lot of height that any average fighter can easily take advantage of, if it was a wrestling match your point would pretty much be the reason why Thor win (obvious muscle and height advantage) but in a fight Superman can take him.

R1 Superman

R2 Thor

So batman knows over 1000 years of battle didnt know im pretty sure thor knows

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat said:
@bluehope said:

R1 Superman

R2 Thor

So batman knows over 1000 years of battle didnt know im pretty sure thor knows

can you show any instance where Thor showcases his superior fighting style? cuz i found a few where he gets his ass kicked but I'm pretty sure theyre out of context so i dont want to post them

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Thor a better fighter ??

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abelhsu said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Thor a better fighter ??

not by feats he isn't.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for solomonthenotsowise
SolomonTheNotSoWise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Supes sweeps this. He's faster stronger and has more better feats.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abelhsu said:

@blackestnight93: Ok, where could I find h2h feats for both ?

Ghostravage would be a good person to ask for both. He knows Thor extremely well. And he pretty knowledgeable about Superman as well

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes sweeps this. He's faster stronger and has more better feats.

Stronger is debatable, honestly.

Doofasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morals probably hurts Supes more than Thor so I'd give Round 1 to Thor.

Round two should go to Thor for obvious reasons.

Round 3 is a coin toss. It's a well trained monstrous guy (Thor) vs a better trained but smaller guy (Superman).

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By destinyman75

Thor

Thor

Clark no morals. Edge to clark

First two to Thor better fighter lots of experience don't have scans bit he does have tons of h2h feats

His battle with Adam warlock were he used h2h left Adam in awe he was flipping somersaulting etc

Vs Masterson Thor he as well was easily dodging leaping avoiding every blow Eric tried

Warrior born he's for the skills

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Clark.

Thor.

Clark.

The "Thor haz thouzand yearz of eggsperience" argument is ridiculous.

Avatar image for solomonthenotsowise
SolomonTheNotSoWise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93: what about that feat where he's pulling the earth into orbit. Or when he breaks that strength testing thing at like 200 quintillion tons or something.

My supes knowledge isn't great but I don't know of any comparable feats for thor.

Think he also lifted a book with infinite pages.

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93: what about that feat where he's pulling the earth into orbit. Or when he breaks that strength testing thing at like 200 quintillion tons or something.

That's All-Star Superman.

My supes knowledge isn't great but I don't know of any comparable feats for thor.

Think he also lifted a book with infinite pages.

Not actually Infinite.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

50/50

Thor

Thor

JBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No powers at all? Thor should mop up. Supes couldn't take Ali or Lex in a boxing match without his powers, dont see him beating Odinson

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JBobGlass: Silver Age. Doesn't count.

Also, Clark has tons of Fighting Skill.

Thor's not the only one with a millennia of experience.

His skill with pressure points.

There's also him knowing Kryptonian Martial Arts but I don't have the scans.

JBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord-parallax: for a millenia of experience losing in the 70's isnt that long ago tho

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JBobGlass: Two different versions of the character.

It's like using low showings for Golden Age Superman for New 52. They don't apply.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark.

Thor.

Clark.

Why is it ridiculous exactly?

JBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord-parallax: i know, its kind of a joke, but OP didnt specify which version of either character (guess it defaults to current than?) Not totally a joke though, because I think Thor will win at least 2/3 rounds. Also, though silver age, I dont think they are notoriously low showings either, that was simply superman's skill level without his powers against two people who trained in more extensive h2h combat because they arnt powered, he was consistently not the best fighter without his powers.

Thor breaks his tired kryptonian hands if he tries any of the pressure point voodoo

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord-parallax said:

Clark.

Thor.

Clark.

Because:

A) People use it as a Skill feat.

B) Clark has done the same.

C) Thor hasn't got the feats of Skill that Clark does.

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins with one blow.

Thor gloats at Superman and laughs at his fashion sense.

While Thor is laughing Supes strikes him right in the cosmic cubes with a Mjolnir.

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord-parallax: i know, its kind of a joke, but OP didnt specify which version of either character (guess it defaults to current than?) Yes. Current Supes is Post-Crisis. Not totally a joke though, because I think Thor will win at least 2/3 rounds. How? Also, though silver age, I dont think they are notoriously low showings either, that was simply superman's skill level without his powers against two people who trained in more extensive h2h combat because they arnt powered, he was consistently not the best fighter without his powers. Silver. Age. SA Supes hasn't got nearly the amount of Skill that Post Crisis has.

Thor breaks his tired kryptonian hands if he tries any of the pressure point voodoo You mean like Mantis did?

No Caption Provided

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HeroUp2112

@lord-parallax said:
@heroup2112 said:
@lord-parallax said:

Clark.

Thor.

Clark.

Because:

Someone posted scans and statements (unless we're assuming the guy is lying) on here that Thor does have the skill feats...even without them it's a very logical conclusion to assume that after thousands of years Thor would be an awesome hand to hand combatant.

Clark's been alive and participated in warfare for thousands of years. My bad, I didn't know this...but then again I'm not all that up on current Superman.

I'm aware of some of Clark's feats that have been shown (mainly the ones that scans have shown in this thread), still the same statements above apply. Whoops, my bad...statements, not scans.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Thor fans don't want to admit it but Clark is actually better fighter of the two. Ironic but I'm talking based on feats, not that "years of Experience stuff". Does it matter if he is Asgardian Fighter number 1? It is not like Asgardians are that skilled.

I want feats, not flawed logic.

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord-parallax said:
@heroup2112 said:
@lord-parallax said:

Clark.

Thor.

Clark.

Because:

Someone posted scans and statements (unless we're assuming the guy is lying) on here that Thor does have the skill feats...even without them it's a very logical conclusion to assume that after thousands of years Thor would be an awesome hand to hand combatant.

Clark's been alive and participated in warfare for thousands of years. My bad, I didn't know this...but then again I'm not all that up on current Superman.

I'm aware of some of Clark's feats that have been shown (mainly the ones that scans have shown in this thread), still the same statements above apply. Whoops, my bad...statements, not scans.

You mean Destinyman saying that Thor fighting Warlock was a Skill feat? It really wasn't.

Thor was insane during Blood and Thunder.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he was insane and still kicking the guys ass...he was still kicking the guy's ass, I figure.

Also what about him owning Masterson?

And I still haven't figured out why people simply discount logical things like (just in this for instance) a character having tons of experience at something that isn't necessarily shown on page specifically much.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

ROUND ONE-Superman (has better durability, strength, and striking power feats then Thor; is more skilled in walking the line of NOT using lethal-but ENOUGH-force to put tough opponents away with "morals on").

ROUND TWO-Simply because I've seen Thor using weapons more than Kal (though I HAVE seen The Man Of Steel take out armed opponents while he himself was UNARMED) I guess I would have to at least give the edge to The Thunder God.

ROUND THREE-Superman, no doubt in my mind. I have seen Superman, with his morals ON defeat some brutal, lethal opponents (Doomsday, Darkseid, Gog, Brainiac, Cyborg Superman, etc.) who had morals off and were trying to ANNIHILATE Supes---therefore, with him being able to fight no holds barred in this scenario, a Superman unleashed will eventually WRECK Thor. Oh, to be clear---it won't be EASY and it won't be QUICK. But it WILL---BE.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord-parallax said:
@heroup2112 said:
@lord-parallax said:

Clark.

Thor.

Clark.

Because:

Skill feats for comic book characters almost have there own rules.

You could have a group of 1'000 year old immortal ninja assassins who have trained extensively and they still get beat by a 12 year old normal human girl.

One of the biggest feats a character can display in h2h is beating another character named character in h2h. The golden egg of h2h feats is beating more than one skilled character.

It's why Prometheus and his helmet where so infamous on the vine. A device that uploaded the skills of multiple martial artists.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HeroUp2112

@dextersinister1:

I get the point, and I get the (writing) point of why that is sometimes done...it's to let the reader know "whoa, this is a badass new character". However, later on it typically shows said character jobbing or performing under the level of such feats (possibly not with Prometheus, he seems to be reserved for "Big Bad" status, however I've seen it happen many times before).

I just generally think it's lazy writing and done in place of often cancels out long standing characters origins/back stories. It's always irked me.

However, I do see the validity of the "feats" argument, even if I don't always agree with it.

Thanks for taking the time.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SuperGoku17

@theonewhoknows said:

ROUND ONE-Superman (has better durability, strength, and striking power feats then Thor; is more skilled in walking the line of NOT using lethal-but ENOUGH-force to put tough opponents away with "morals on").

ROUND TWO-Simply because I've seen Thor using weapons more than Kal (though I HAVE seen The Man Of Steel take out armed opponents while he himself was UNARMED) I guess I would have to at least give the edge to The Thunder God.

ROUND THREE-Superman, no doubt in my mind. I have seen Superman, with his morals ON defeat some brutal, lethal opponents (Doomsday, Darkseid, Gog, Brainiac, Cyborg Superman, etc.) who had morals off and were trying to ANNIHILATE Supes---therefore, with him being able to fight no holds barred in this scenario, a Superman unleashed will eventually WRECK Thor. Oh, to be clear---it won't be EASY and it won't be QUICK. But it WILL---BE.

No powers for both and what combat skills does any of those guys supes beat have .I will make it easy for you they dont. Morals off no powers thor stomps and kills no powers clark.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor fans don't want to admit it but Clark is actually better fighter of the two. Ironic but I'm talking based on feats, not that "years of Experience stuff". Does it matter if he is Asgardian Fighter number 1? It is not like Asgardians are that skilled.

I want feats, not flawed logic.

When has clark fought for 40 days and 40 nights without recharging in the sun.

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supergoku17:

No powers for both and what combat skills does any of those guys supes beat have .I will make it easy for you they dont. Morals off no powers thor stomps and kills no powers clark.

Don't make threads with the winner in mind.

@jashro44@jedixman

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supergoku17:

@jashro44@jedixman

Ok it can go either way and supes was trained by bats wonder woman he has a chance

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supergoku17:

@jashro44@jedixman

Not a stomp

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry about that post and no i didnt have the winner in mind

FirstHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firsthunter said:

@supergoku17:

@jashro44@jedixman

Ok it can go either way and supes was trained by bats wonder woman he has a chance

You were caught red-handed claiming Thor stomps. Don't try to lie.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SuperGoku17

@firsthunter said:
@supergoku17 said:
@firsthunter said:

@supergoku17:

@jashro44@jedixman

You were caught red-handed claiming Thor stomps. Don't try to lie.

Yeah on round three not the other rounds