thor vs storm

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fatyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fatyman

this is not a battle. this is me trying to figure out who exactly is the superior weather manipulator. based on feats alone, not fanboy comments, who has shown to be the superior weather manipulator. i know storm and thor are rivals because they battle to see who is the superior weather manipulator, but what does the comic vine community think? if you got scans to show who is superior, post them.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Thor's hammmer

thor because she admitted it  
thor because his storms have raged acros multiple dimensions with wind strong enough to tear up mountains
thor because his power over the storm are magical and therefore allow him to do things beyond physics like make it rain where theres no whatter particles at all or lightining in space wind underwater
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Fire-brand
@Thor's hammmer said:
" thor because she admitted it  thor because his storms have raged acros multiple dimensions with wind strong enough to tear up mountains thor because his power over the storm are magical and therefore allow him to do things beyond physics like make it rain where theres no whatter particles at all or lightining in space wind underwater "
a most elegant explanation. you sir get a tip of my hat. Plus his lightning can be more potent, capable of killing the sentry.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Fire-brand: 

as well as her admiting his lightining is more powerful
fatyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fatyman
@Thor's hammmer said:
" @Fire-brand:  as well as her admiting his lightining is more powerful "
you got the scan where she admits he is a better weather manipulator?
growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By growup

Also Thor is impervious to storm's lightning

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Average Bear
God of Thunder. 
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123

-___- the fact that this thread is even in existence is kind of sad. Common sense people.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@fatyman: 

I have it in my pictures but it won't let me copy and paste it here I found it on this sight
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Thor's hammmer

heres one where she admitts his lightining is stronger not sure if it's canon though
Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@InnerVenom123 said:
" -___- the fact that this thread is even in existence is kind of sad. Common sense people. "
I have to agree.
This is the God of Thunder vs a mutant who just happens to have a few similar powers.

This is like saying
"Who would win in an Arm-Wrestling Match? U.S. Agent vs Worldbreaker Hulk?"
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Thor's hammmer

there Rougestorm it's storm at absolut 100% power her most powerful canon apperance and thor still has better control  

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Captain13

Thor, but I want them to have a kid together in an alt dimension.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WARLOCK2792
@Thor's hammmer said:
"
   heres one where she admitts his lightining is stronger not sure if it's canon though "

It isn't. 
Omega Iceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Omega Iceman

wow all i have to say iz wow how would thor win storm would take that gay hammer  
 O NO IM POWERLESSS NOOOOOO

SSJ5_Goku-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SSJ5_Goku-San
@Omega Iceman said:
" wow all i have to say iz wow how would thor win storm would take that gay hammer   O NO IM POWERLESSS NOOOOOO "

No.
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fire-brand
@Omega Iceman: how about because she probably isn't worthy therefore could even move it. and he doesn't NEED the hammer, he just uses it as a focal point for his power. and she knows he would kill her for trying.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Thor. Anybody that thinks Storm is stronger is in need of serious help.

@Omega Iceman said:

" wow all i have to say iz wow how would thor win storm would take that gay hammer   O NO IM POWERLESSS NOOOOOO "

Exhibit A. ^
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rbysjti

Storm would win as the superior weather manipulator. 

FIRST FACT is, if you check on POWERS on this site, Storm is ranked 1 inWEATHER CONTROL and BLAST POWER.",)  

Second Fact:  Storm has better and finer control on the elements. She can form a mini storm to a gigantic storm in a continental scale. She can also use a little wind to move objects. Thor on the other hand, can only call for a storm and that's it. Thor cannot reshape the winds. He cannot make winter.  If your country doesn't have winter, Storm casn provide one. Storm can also give you a tummy ache with her winds. 

616 Storm is more powerful than Rogue Storm.  

fatyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fatyman
@rbysjti: your post just failed when you used the powers here on comic vine, which is clearly fan voted, to try to make a point.
Storm Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Storm Mage

Doesn't Storm have physical limits ?
Thor has magic, so he isn't limited ? Is that the vibe I'm getting ?
Thor.

Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fire-brand
@rbysjti said:
"

FIRST FACT is, if you check on POWERS on this site, Storm is ranked 1 inWEATHER CONTROL and BLAST POWER.",)   Second Fact:  Storm has better and finer control on the elements. She can form a mini storm to a gigantic storm in a continental scale. She can also use a little wind to move objects. Thor on the other hand, can only call for a storm and that's it. Thor cannot reshape the winds. He cannot make winter.  If your country doesn't have winter, Storm casn provide one. Storm can also give you a tummy ache with her winds.  616 Storm is more powerful than Rogue Storm.     "
as voted by fans such as yourself. and thor manipulates the weather magically as compared to through energy manipulation giving him infinitely more options to choose from. he can make weather patterns that are completely impossible while storm is limited to weather that occurs in a given area. the fact that thor rarely shows such versatility is because weather manipulation (other than lightning) is a minor power compared to his other abilites. where as that is ALL storm has. while she may have more fine control of the weather, he has far greater destructive capacity. neither is "better" than the other.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Silver2467
@rbysjti said:

"

FIRST FACT is, if you check on POWERS on this site, Storm is ranked 1 inWEATHER CONTROL and BLAST POWER.",)   Second Fact:  Storm has better and finer control on the elements. She can form a mini storm to a gigantic storm in a continental scale. She can also use a little wind to move objects. Thor on the other hand, can only call for a storm and that's it. Thor cannot reshape the winds. He cannot make winter.  If your country doesn't have winter, Storm casn provide one. Storm can also give you a tummy ache with her winds.  616 Storm is more powerful than Rogue Storm.     "

First, the Power ranking on this site are fan voted. If Storm is number 1 in weather control and blast power, I assume you're to blame for that. 
Second, Storm does not have better control. She can only cause what's natural in a given area. If she's on a planet where snow doesn't exist, she can't cause snow. Thor can. Thor has created weather effects in open space. He's caused things on far greater scales than Storm has. Storm also cannot cause on a continental scale. You're completely making that up. Thor can cause weather effects on very likely a planetary scale. Besides, Storm has admitted that Thor is a more powerful atmokinetic than she is. You fail, as always. 
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@rbysjti said:
"

Storm has to work with natural weather patterns, actually. Thor creates and controls them at his choosing. 

Easily summoning massive tidal waves
 \
His storm was causing destruction  not only in Asgard, but it reached so far as to effect Earth. 

And WTF is this about 616 Storm and Rogue Storm? They're from the exact same universe. And you're the one that's always telling people Rogue Storm is the strongest Storm. What, abandoning your pony after she admits that she can't work as well with the elements as Thor can?
Storm Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Storm Mage
@Silver2467 said:
" @rbysjti said:
"

First, the Power ranking on this site are fan voted. If Storm is number 1 in weather control and blast power, I assume your to blame for that. Second, Storm does not have better control. She can only cause what's natural in a given area. If she's on a planet where snow doesn't exist, she can't cause snow. Thor can. Thor has created weather effects in open space. He's caused things on far greater scales than Storm has. Storm also cannot cause on a continental scale. You're completely making that up. Thor can cause weather effects on very likely a planetary scale. Besides, Storm has admitted that Thor is a more powerful atmokinetic than she is. You fail, as always.  "
Wow. I agree.
Xi Felix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Xi Felix

Thor.
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rbysjti
@fatyman said:
" @rbysjti: your post just failed when you used the powers here on comic vine, which is clearly fan voted, to try to make a point."

Well, Bush wouldn't win as President if he didn't have more votes. He may not be the best president, but he became a president. 

People say Storm shouldn't have won against Wonder Woman, but we have to accept it. Storm won.

If you don't want me to take advantage on that then start voting for Thor to put him on top.",)  

Going back to the topic, Thor hasn't really used weather to win against powerful opponents. It's Storm who is using weather control. Storm can produce different kinds of weather. Thor can maybe create 3 only. So i believe Storm is the superior weather manipulator

fatyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By fatyman
@rbysjti: i cant even respond to what you said. your post failed so bad, not even an epic fail picture can describe how much you just failed.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By Son Of Storm

People say Storm shouldn't have won against Wonder Woman, but we have to accept it. Storm won.

She won off of VOTES! If it was a real battle WW would punch a hole through Storm's head.

Going back to the topic, Thor hasn't really used weather to win against powerful opponents. It's Storm who is using weather control. Storm can produce different kinds of weather. Thor can maybe create 3 only. So i believe Storm is the superior weather manipulator

No Caption Provided
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sexy_merc
@rbysjti said:
"People say Storm shouldn't have won against Wonder Woman, but we have to accept it. Storm won."
This makes no sense. I've seen you countering people's arguments when they were non-canon but when Storm wins a non-canon fight, it's valid? If Wonder Woman won, you would still back Storm. Seriously, what is your fetish over Storm, she's not even real. Grow up.
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fire-brand
@rbysjti said:
" @fatyman said:
" @rbysjti: your post just failed when you used the powers here on comic vine, which is clearly fan voted, to try to make a point."

Well, Bush wouldn't win as President if he didn't have more votes. He may not be the best president, but he became a president. 

If you don't want me to take advantage on that then start voting for Thor to put him on top.",)  

"
do you have any evidence of that? cause apparently he controls wind, rain, lightning, and the freaking ocean. he doesn't use his weather manipulation to win alot of fights cause he has a magic hammer that goes FTL. most of his fights can't be won with lightning or wind anyway.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Silver2467
@rbysjti said:
" @fatyman said:

"

No Caption Provided
Seriously, how is it even possible to fail this badly? Bush was elected because that's how the voting went. Totally different scenario. Storm has a definitive power set. Her powers aren't dependent on how people think of her. Storm beating Wonder Woman was NON CANON. I swear to God, if you bring that up again, I'm going to flag you.  

That last part is just as stupid. Thor can actually cause more weather effects than Storm can. He can cause them on greater scales. And he can cause them anywhere. Storm can't. Storm even admitted that Thor is more powerful. You didn't address that, troll. You fail, again and again and again and again.....
Storm Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Storm Mage
@rbysjti said:
" @fatyman said:

Wow. Thor has more control, he's a god. She even admitted it. Fail.

"
fatyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By fatyman
@Silver2467: the issue where storm says that thor is superior to her, what issue is that, and do you have the scan of it?
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@rbysjti: 

You can't compare this with the Presidential election. 

I already told you that that fight WAS NOT CANON.

Vote for whoever you want.  But don't use that as an actual reference.

Going back to the topic, Thor hasn't really used weather to win against powerful opponents

Read the scans the other argument provided.

Thor can maybe create 3

Weather is weather.  Stop reaching

So i believe Storm is the superior weather manipulator
Storm does weather feats more often.  But Thor is, by far, the most powerful of the two.  Nothing you say can change that, because it's been established too many different times. 

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Son Of Storm
@fatyman said:
" @Silver2467: the issue where storm says that thor is superior to her, what issue is that, and do you have the scan of it? "
It's on page 1.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sexy_merc
@Silver2467 said:
"I swear to God, if you bring that up again, I'm going to flag you."
LOL.
fatyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By fatyman
@Son Of Storm:  someone said that that scan was not canon.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Son Of Storm
@fatyman said:

" @Son Of Storm:  someone said that that scan was not canon. "

The Roguestorm scan is canon. The other is not.
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Fire-brand

WAIT A MINUTE! Bush lost the popular vote in his first election. he had fewer overall votes but had more electoral votes. heck, if it wasn't for 250 morons in florida, he would have lost outright. (no offence to floridans)

fatyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By fatyman
@Son Of Storm:  where is the other from?
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Son Of Storm
@fatyman said:
" @Son Of Storm:  where is the other from? "
Marvel Adventures: Avengers.
xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By xmenfallen

i think storm has finer control on weather

Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

despite the major similarities of both characters in terms of power, their levels and styles are very much different..

THOR:

Thor is the God of Thunder.. he is the son of Gaea, the Mother Earth.. as the son of Gaea, Thor possesses absolute control over the elements.. but the origin of his powers are magical in nature.. 

STORM:

Storm, the Mistress of the Elements is a mutant gifted with the ability to shape the existing energy patterns to create meteorological effects.. this grants her a more limited control over the elements, as she once said, she must work with them, not override them..

there are major difference.. it was said that Thor's lightning is cold and more destructive while Storm's is beautiful as it is powerful, often compared to a piece of jewelry rather than a weapon.. the other thing is their connection with nature.. Thor was never portrayed as empathetical connected with nature as Storm does.. that is why, Thor enjoys expressing his emotions freely.. we have never seen Thor creating a storm just by getting mad right? Storm on the other hand must constantly restrain extreme emotions, for it is reflected in nature.. the slightness bit of anger from her can induce a hurricane.. at the same time, she also feels nature.. whenever the Earth feels pain, she also feels it..

the best way to look at it is, Thor seems to be more powerful, but Storm is the one more connected to the elements.. Thor acts like a King, commanding them with absolute rule, while storm is like a Mother, feeling them and caring for them..

but when they fought during the Contest of the Champions, it was never fully explicit who is the more powerful weather manipulator.. of course, Thor won, but his victory has nothing to do with the use of the elements..

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dane

Actually only seen Thor use his weather manipulation a few times. I'll put down what scans I can for Thor fans. It's not really relevant here because Storm can't hurt Thor.

Covers the entire planet in a hurricane

No Caption Provided

Removes the oxygen from an entire building
No Caption Provided
Speaking of the number of Storms Thor can manipulate and create, how about Temporal Storms? Yeah, time itself. Ka-Kow!

No Caption Provided

Huge tornado to send nuclear fallout into space.

No Caption Provided
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#46  Edited By MrDirector786

Thor

fatyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By fatyman

alright yeah. the majority say thor, and from what was posted i have to agree that thor is the superior weather manipulator.

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By rbysjti
@fatyman said:
" alright yeah. the majority say thor, and from what was posted i have to agree that thor is the superior weather manipulator. "
what do you mean by superior weather manipulator? One has has greater power or one who has use the power in a variety of ways?
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@fatyman: 

has anyone acctually shown proof for storm?
fatyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By fatyman
@Thor's hammmer said:
" @fatyman:  has anyone acctually shown proof for storm? "
rby did, but what he posted isnt anywhere in thors league of feats.