Thor vs Sif, Val, Warriors Three, Balder, Heimdall, Tyr (H2H)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Thor vs the Warriors Three (Hogun, Fandral, Volstagg), Sif, Valkyrie, Balder, Heimdall, and Tyr

All are standard versions.

This is a strictly hand-to-hand battle. All characters can only use their natural skill, strength, durability, speed, etc.  No other powers.  Thor has Mjolnir, but can only use it as a hand-to-hand weapon; the only power it has is that he can throw it and have it return to his hand.  All the other characters have one uru sword each, except Hogun, who has an uru mace.

Battle takes place on Easter Island, starting with Thor in the center of a ring of his opponents, who are 10' away in every direction.

They are all bloodlusted.  Win by death or KO.

Can Thor prevail?  

Thor
Thor
Hogun
Hogun
Fandrall
Fandrall
Volstagg
Volstagg
Sif
Sif
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Balder
Balder
Heimdall
Heimdall

Tyr
 Tyr
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By IZZR

Thor can do it...Heimdall is the biggest threat...

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By whydama

What is Valkyrie's strength?

I dont see the rest of the team doing too much damage. Class 100+ vs a bunch of 20-40 tonners is not much of a battle imo.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By owie  Moderator
@whydama said:

I dont see the rest of the team doing too much damage. Class 100+ vs a bunch of 20-40 tonners is not much of a battle imo.

Val is at 45 tons, Balder is at 50.  Thor is clearly far stronger than anyone on the team.  But there's at least a reasonable argument to be made that several members of the team are as skilled, or more skilled, than he is.  And since they're armed with swords, which have a longer reach than a hammer, then strength isn't necessarily the main factor in this fight.  Tyr is the god of war; Sif and Val are both master sword fighters, and Val has some fairly good speed feats.  Balder is extremely skilled.  They're all pretty good, really.
whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By whydama

@Owie said:

@whydama said:

Val is at 45 tons, Balder is at 50. Thor is clearly far stronger than anyone on the team. But there's at least a reasonable argument to be made that several members of the team are as skilled, or more skilled, than he is. And since they're armed with swords, which have a longer reach than a hammer, then strength isn't necessarily the main factor in this fight. Tyr is the god of war; Sif and Val are both master sword fighters, and Val has some fairly good speed feats. Balder is extremely skilled. They're all pretty good, really.

If Thor just hammers the ground and destroys the island, and brings down tons of rock and soil upon them, and if the team isnt able to come out, I think Thor can win.

Thor will not win a sword fight with Sif.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By owie  Moderator
@whydama said:

@Owie said:

@whydama said:

Val is at 45 tons, Balder is at 50. Thor is clearly far stronger than anyone on the team. But there's at least a reasonable argument to be made that several members of the team are as skilled, or more skilled, than he is. And since they're armed with swords, which have a longer reach than a hammer, then strength isn't necessarily the main factor in this fight. Tyr is the god of war; Sif and Val are both master sword fighters, and Val has some fairly good speed feats. Balder is extremely skilled. They're all pretty good, really.

If Thor just hammers the ground and destroys the island, and brings down tons of rock and soil upon them, and if the team isnt able to come out, I think Thor can win.

I'm not sure he's going to be able to cause that much damage in one hit (while under pressure in a fight context).  But tactics like that might help him at least keep the team off their feet or unbalanced a bit.
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Owie said:

@whydama said:

@Owie said:

@whydama said:

I'm not sure he's going to be able to cause that much damage in one hit (while under pressure in a fight context). But tactics like that might help him at least keep the team off their feet or unbalanced a bit.

He destroyed the whole planet with one hit.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By whydama

@Owie said:

@whydama said:

@Owie said:

@whydama said:

I'm not sure he's going to be able to cause that much damage in one hit (while under pressure in a fight context). But tactics like that might help him at least keep the team off their feet or unbalanced a bit.

Thor will destroy an island with one hit when he is bloodlusted and probably an entire planet too.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By owie  Moderator
@BigCimmerian said:

Which planet, and in what context?  Because there are plenty of examples of him having to put effort into doing this involving far less strength.  We're talking here about hitting the ground with no chance to put major effort into it, he's got a few seconds at best before they engage him.

@whydama said:

Thor will destroy an island with one hit when he is bloodlusted and probably an entire planet too.

I'm skeptical.
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Owie said:

@BigCimmerian said:

Which planet, and in what context? Because there are plenty of examples of him having to put effort into doing this involving far less strength. We're talking here about hitting the ground with no chance to put major effort into it, he's got a few seconds at best before they engage him.

@whydama said:

I'm skeptical.

It wasn't as big as planet Earth, but it was more like the size of our moon, in this picture it doesn't look so big, but on the page before this it looks much bigger, he actually didn't hit the planet but Beta Ray Bill.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Thor

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By selinaky

I think Thor could take this, especially with Mjolnir.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By owie  Moderator
@BigCimmerian said:

@Owie said:

@BigCimmerian said:

Which planet, and in what context? Because there are plenty of examples of him having to put effort into doing this involving far less strength. We're talking here about hitting the ground with no chance to put major effort into it, he's got a few seconds at best before they engage him.

@whydama said:

I'm skeptical.

It wasn't as big as planet Earth, but it was more like the size of our moon, in this picture it doesn't look so big, but on the page before this it looks much bigger, he actually didn't hit the planet but Beta Ray Bill.

I have to agree that it doesn't look very big.  Easter Island, by way of comparison, is 63 square miles.  It's also a bit silly that something that destroyed a planetoid didn't kill Bill.  Anyway, this looks like the kind of strike where he's able to put a bit of intention and effort into it, as opposed to having to act quickly in the middle of a group of foes.  It's also probable that Mjolnir's energy powers were involved in exploding the planetoid, which he can't use in this fight.  I think a more effective, but similar, strategy for Thor in this fight would be to, say, jump out of the circle and then start tossing the Easter Island heads around.  It seems like his standard fighting style.

@Selinaky said:

Remember that Mjolnir doesn't have its powers, other than being able to return to his hand after being thrown.
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sandiego008

Team should take this with their fighting abilities.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Owie said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@Owie said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@whydama said:

I'm skeptical.

I have to agree that it doesn't look very big. Easter Island, by way of comparison, is 63 square miles. It's also a bit silly that something that destroyed a planetoid didn't kill Bill. Anyway, this looks like the kind of strike where he's able to put a bit of intention and effort into it, as opposed to having to act quickly in the middle of a group of foes. It's also probable that Mjolnir's energy powers were involved in exploding the planetoid, which he can't use in this fight. I think a more effective, but similar, strategy for Thor in this fight would be to, say, jump out of the circle and then start tossing the Easter Island heads around. It seems like his standard fighting style.

@Selinaky said:

Remember that Mjolnir doesn't have its powers, other than being able to return to his hand after being thrown.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By owie  Moderator
@BigCimmerian said:

@Owie said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@Owie said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@whydama said:

I'm skeptical.

I have to agree that it doesn't look very big. Easter Island, by way of comparison, is 63 square miles. It's also a bit silly that something that destroyed a planetoid didn't kill Bill. Anyway, this looks like the kind of strike where he's able to put a bit of intention and effort into it, as opposed to having to act quickly in the middle of a group of foes. It's also probable that Mjolnir's energy powers were involved in exploding the planetoid, which he can't use in this fight. I think a more effective, but similar, strategy for Thor in this fight would be to, say, jump out of the circle and then start tossing the Easter Island heads around. It seems like his standard fighting style.

@Selinaky said:

OK, certainly bigger there.  But everything else I said about using the power of his hammer, and having a bit more time to gather his strength for the blow, still stands.
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By The_Scourge

@Owie: Not like he'd have to put that much force into it though because he's not trying to destroy the planet.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Fresh Prince said:

@Owie: Not like he'd have to put that much force into it though because he's not trying to destroy the planet.

I think it would have to be a reasonable amount of force, because what whydama was talking about was creating an earthquake big enough to cover all of them in rubble, to the extent that e could get out, but the others couldn't. They all pretty strong themselves--they can also jump around pretty well, and can heft more than a few boulders--so for him to bury them that badly, he'd really have to set off a major earthquake. He might be capable of this, but I don't think he could do it spur of the moment.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Killemall

@Owie said:

OK, certainly bigger there. But everything else I said about using the power of his hammer, and having a bit more time to gather his strength for the blow, still stands.

The said planet busting feat is from The Mighty Thor 468 (Blood and Thunder Saga), its very questionable, because while at the end of the issue Odin stated Thor wasnt under warrior madness, his feats in the issue doesnt match-up with his regular feats. Also few bios have stated that as Thor being "succumbed to warrior madness".

No Caption Provided

The scan above is from Thanos Source Book 2010, and its dealing with the same story arc (Thor fights Thanos in the same story arc 3 issues later, and Thanos fight Odin in the same story arc 4 issues later).

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Killemall said:

@Owie said:

OK, certainly bigger there. But everything else I said about using the power of his hammer, and having a bit more time to gather his strength for the blow, still stands.

The said planet busting feat is from The Mighty Thor 468 (Blood and Thunder Saga), its very questionable, because while at the end of the issue Odin stated Thor wasnt under warrior madness, his feats in the issue doesnt match-up with his regular feats. Also few bios have stated that as Thor being "succumbed to warrior madness".

No Caption Provided

The scan above is from Thanos Source Book 2010, and its dealing with the same story arc (Thor fights Thanos in the same story arc 3 issues later, and Thanos fight Odin in the same story arc 4 issues later).

Thanks for the details.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By New_World_Order

Thor has already beat down Beta Ray Bill, and the Warrior's 3 without trouble. Odin sent them to subdue Thor. I highly doubt he will lose this.

bgibs13390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bgibs13390
No Caption Provided

Thor wins this. Thing has arguably greater or equal durability to the Warriors Three and the others and Thor was able to kill him with a throw of his hammer. In reality a bloodlusted Thor could 1 shot everyone here.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: I'm sorry but Thor destroying a small planet/asteroid does match-up with his bases when fighting in other places. What can be questioned is how he defeated SS, Adam warlock... all at the same time.

And how can this source book say that Odin cured Thor's madness after Odin said in panel that it has no cure???

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@killemall: I'm sorry but Thor destroying a small planet/asteroid does match-up with his bases when fighting in other places

Which i dont disagree..

What can be questioned is how he defeated SS, Adam warlock... all at the same time.

Same..

And how can this source book say that Odin cured Thor's madness after Odin said in panel that it has no cure???

Well Odin can say a lot of stuff, i think Odin going into Thor head and you know releasing him from Valkarie can be said as the cure. Remember, Warrior Madness isnt a very well definited terms, and earlier issue with Warlock suggest Warrior Madness is just a state Thor is so furious that he lets go of all concerns.

Thor has gone back and forth from the warrior madness.

Its very questionable that Thor was somehow amped by whatever it may be, a pseudo-warrior madness perhaps. You have to admit, his feats on that issue is just so much beyond everything else.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor should win.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 owie  Moderator

Here's a devil's advocate argument in favor of the team:

We've got 8 on 1 odds. At least four of them are probably more skilled fighters than Thor: Sif, Valkyrie, Balder, and Tyr. All four of them have been able to defeat various foes, including giants, that are stronger and more durable than they are, and as Thor is.

One on one, he would beat all of them, although I think the four above would all give a decent fight (without powers). He could theoretically one-shot any of them if he managed to hit them, but since almost all of them are more agile and probably faster than him, that's not necessarily going to happen easily.

And while he may be stronger and more durable, that's not necessarily a huge factor here. His strength is a factor in that he could take them out if he hits them. But most of them are fighting with swords; they're going to go in for surgical strikes, and they're all skilled and strong enough to cause potentially fatal wounds to him if they hit him in his head, throat, or heart. I don't believe his durability is enough to stop that. With all eight of them trying, there seems like a fairly good likelihood that one of them could get a lethal strike in while he's fighting and defeating the others.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dondave

Thor

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor takes one unrestrained step and everyone is in outerspace...

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins if they play smart

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By themadsurfer

@owie: There is nothing team can do better than Gorr and his necrosword. Thor got cut all over his body and pieces that were shattered still eat him from the inside, so no their swords won't do any-better.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plus Thor can definitely one-shot everyone here.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 owie  Moderator

@owie: There is nothing team can do better than Gorr and his necrosword. Thor got cut all over his body and pieces that were shattered still eat him from the inside, so no their swords won't do any-better.

I don't know anything about Gorr or his sword, so I can't comment on its abilities. However, Thor has been hurt by stabbing in the past. For instance the Disir brought him to his knees with their swords. The Disir are sort of a special case, but it's not like he's immune to all melee attacks by other Asgardian-level warriors. Asgardians can kill other Asgardians; they die all the time in frost giant attacks; Loki was once beheaded. Thor's durability is above normal Asgardians, but he's not completely immune to stabbing when hit in a vital area.

His ability to potentially one-shot the others is dependent on being able to hit them. In addition to the fact that they can potentially dodge, he can only attack so many of them at once, while the others (several of whom are more skilled than him) are attacking him from all sides.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: YES he can continue to fight even when hit in vital areas, again look at his fight against Gorr. The attacks that really do some damage are those which the sword can penetrate in a frontal attack, slice in the throat won't do a lot of damage since even wolverine claws can't. Thor killed all the Disir with one slice of the sword. At last Thor can spin the hammer faster than light and nobody will dodge.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By robertloucksjr

Thor would stomp, He can one shot any of them easily and I am not sure they can put him down.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. The biggest threat would be Heimdall with his extra sensory powers .

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor win, he can fight faster than the eye of Heimdall can see, and well he can one shot them all (in pure H2H).

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bones309
No Caption Provided

kasino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never thought much of the Asgardians besides Odin/Thor/Loki

he runs through them.

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Scarbearer

If we were talking old Norse and Germanic legends, then I would say Tyr should be able to stalemate Thor and possible even beat him. But since we are talking the Marvel Comics versions of the characters, and quite frankly /that/ Tyr is a bit of a loser, I agree that Thor can just pretty much one shot everyone on the other team.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor crushed uru into dust so he can easily handle their weapons. He is also better physically so I say he wins a majority.