Thor vs Rhino

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kidchipotle

One: This should be in the battle thread.

Two: You just basically said Rhino was reconstructed to beat Thor so you just answered your own thread.....

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AweSam

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

One: This should be in the battle thread.

Two: You just basically said Rhino was reconstructed to beat Thor so you just answered your own thread.....

By Loki. Therefore, Rhino's destined to fail.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kidchipotle

@AweSam: True, which still answers his own thread, just with the opposite result.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AweSam

@ArturoCalaKayVee: And that's why he didn't put in the battles forum, because it's against the rules to post one-sided battles... I assume.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

@AweSam: Haha, theoretically that'd be the correct answer, but I think the OP doesn't know about the Battle Forum and isn't informed on the rules of Battle here. Said user only has 6 posts, so tis a newb.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AweSam

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@AweSam: Haha, theoretically that'd be the correct answer, but I think the OP doesn't know about the Battle Forum and isn't informed on the rules of Battle here. Said user only has 6 posts, so tis a newb.

Very true.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheDude123

Really good and Creative thread.

I am pretty sure he is a Thor fan judging by his avatar so I doubt that he wants Thor to lose. He probably just wanted to make a good battle.

I would definitely give the edge to this magically-amped Adamantium/Vibranium armored version of Rhino as far as hand to hand is concerned (Adamantium Horn=ouch*). Rhino's face is still not protected and vulnerable (should have given him a Destroyer-like face-plate. that would have been cool too). Thor could probably defeat him with a Godblast or Molecular rearrangement (unless vibranium resists that) or BFR him.

*Ouch!
*Ouch!
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Erik

Herpy derpy.

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By yahweh

Thor.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By z3ro180

Thor can win this

Also you shouls have posted this on the battle thread.

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OmegaRed86

What the fudge? I've seen Thor dismantle Juggs with his fists while his Hammer cut off the force field. If written correctly, Thor would still win. Hammer blows to the face, gut, and knee caps. Rhino doesn't have the rage of the Hulk, the force field of Juggs, or the fighting experience of Thor. Thor should be able to knock him out without the energy attacks of his hammer or anything else.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By 2chimcha3

Thor SHOULD crush him.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Malevolent1

Hmmm...well, from the strictest interpretation of the Rhino being "....5x stronger than what he normally is...", puts him at about 400 tons max. Overhead.

Not nearly enough to compete with a guy has ripped adamantium cables with his bare hands, resisted Wolverine's adamantium claws, resisted the gravity of a neutron star.

Thor takes it.

TERMINATOR1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TERMINATOR1000

@sagejonathan said:

his.

Thor SHOULD crush him.

This.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jeanroygrant

Haha, Thor still wins. 5x stronger? Rhino is like a 75-85 tonner, multiply that by 5, and you get a Rhino that can only lift about 375-425 tonnes. While Thor is strong enough to lift countries, and such. Even with the Vibranium and Admantium he loses.

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By samuel_larson_10

made out of vibranuim? Thor would electrocute him.

Delta1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Delta1938

@TheSwordsman said:

Really good and Creative thread.

I am pretty sure he is a Thor fan judging by his avatar so I doubt that he wants Thor to lose. He probably just wanted to make a good battle.

I would definitely give the edge to this magically-amped Adamantium/Vibranium armored version of Rhino as far as hand to hand is concerned (Adamantium Horn=ouch*). Rhino's face is still not protected and vulnerable (should have given him a Destroyer-like face-plate. that would have been cool too). Thor could probably defeat him with a Godblast or Molecular rearrangement (unless vibranium resists that) or BFR him.

*Ouch!
*Ouch!

Where's that from?

@OmegaRed86 said:

What the fudge? I've seen Thor dismantle Juggs with his fists while his Hammer cut off the force field. If written correctly, Thor would still win. Hammer blows to the face, gut, and knee caps. Rhino doesn't have the rage of the Hulk, the force field of Juggs, or the fighting experience of Thor. Thor should be able to knock him out without the energy attacks of his hammer or anything else.

Yeah, he beat-up on Juggernaut(but didn't KO him) after taking down a force-field that has shown to nullify inertia/force. In this scenario, Rhino's, well I'm not sure if he's actually a metal being or simply covered in it, but whatever the case, it's a vibranium/admanatium alloy. Vibranium has similar properties to Juggernaut's force field.....

@Malevolent1 said:

Hmmm...well, from the strictest interpretation of the Rhino being "....5x stronger than what he normally is...", puts him at about 400 tons max. Overhead.

Not nearly enough to compete with a guy has ripped adamantium cables with his bare hands, resisted Wolverine's adamantium claws, resisted the gravity of a neutron star.

Thor takes it.

He didn't resist the gravity of a neutron star. That's taken out of context.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BringnIt

The scan is from one of the Ends of the Earth issues of Amazing Spider-Man. Probably 4-5 issues ago, off the top of my head, but I don't remember the exact issue number.

Delta1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Delta1938

@BringnIt said:

The scan is from one of the Ends of the Earth issues of Amazing Spider-Man. Probably 4-5 issues ago, off the top of my head, but I don't remember the exact issue number.

Thanks, should be able to find it. Were there extenuating circumstances, or is this an example of Thor being more vulnerable to piercing and similar attacks than blunt force and energy?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Saren

@Delta1938: It was Amazing Spider-Man #683. The horn pierced Thor because it was a tooth from the Midgard Serpent.

Avatar image for henryarguelles5
henryarguelles5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By henryarguelles5

Thor all the way. Rhino's too stupid to outfight him.

Delta1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Delta1938

@CitizenBane said:

@Delta1938: It was Amazing Spider-Man #683. The horn pierced Thor because it was a tooth from the Midgard Serpent.

Thanks. Weird, why did he have it in the first place?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By Saren

@Delta1938: Doc Ock stole it from somewhere and gave it to him as preparation for their fight with the Avengers.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Also Thor was caught off guard. I will say this for O'hern. The fact the he was able to catch Thor like that was a decent Speed feat.

superman69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By superman69

Thor

Delta1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Delta1938

@CitizenBane said:

@Delta1938: Doc Ock stole it from somewhere and gave it to him as preparation for their fight with the Avengers.

I have to read this, at the least for the insanity it must have.

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Also Thor was caught off guard. I will say this for O'hern. The fact the he was able to catch Thor like that was a decent Speed feat.

So, being caught off-guard somehow reduces Thor's durability?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Shawnbaby
@Delta1938 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

no...it being the tooth of the Midgard Serpent is what made it do the damage. 

If you aren't up on your Norse Mythology Thor is prophesied to die after killing  Jörmungandr (the Midgard Serpent) due to being poisoned by its venom. In Comic Terms the Tooth is basically Thor's version of kryptonite.
Triple_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Triple_J

Rhino literally stabbed Thor in the back. So I wouldn't consider that feat all that impressive.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shawnbaby
@Triple_J said:
Rhino literally stabbed Thor in the back  with a weapon designed exclusively to take out Thor. So I wouldn't consider that feat all that impressive .
Fixed. :D
SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By SoA

thor should win but will lose , since thats what thor does :: enter thor fans::

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By TDK_1997

Rhino wins.

Delta1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Delta1938

@Shawnbaby said:

@Delta1938 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

no...it being the tooth of the Midgard Serpent is what made it do the damage. If you aren't up on your Norse Mythology Thor is prophesied to die after killing Jörmungandr (the Midgard Serpent) due to being poisoned by its venom. In Comic Terms the Tooth is basically Thor's version of kryptonite.

PSSSSST I was trolling the guy a little.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By bigcimmerian

Morals on, Thor beats him.
Morals off, Thor tears him apart.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@Shawnbaby said:

@Delta1938 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

no...it being the tooth of the Midgard Serpent is what made it do the damage. If you aren't up on your Norse Mythology Thor is prophesied to die after killing Jörmungandr (the Midgard Serpent) due to being poisoned by its venom. In Comic Terms the Tooth is basically Thor's version of kryptonite.

No. I understood that the Tooth could hurt him. I meant that since Thor is a superior fighter he could have dodged Rhino. Or perhaps grabbed the Horn and slam him. Almost like Phil Urich did while he was the Green Goblin. I know a bit about the Myth. Like the fact that he was a ginger. Drank the ocean from a very small flask which was a challenge by some King. That Adam and Eve may have originated from the ending of the tale. The last man and woman alive after Ragnarok. Hid in a tree. The true meaning behind Thursday. But that's it. lol. Yea I was just meaning he was fast enough to actually get to Thor, before Thor could do something about the charge. But knowing Thor, he'd probably try and tank the charge just to wind up with a belly full of tooth. lol

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By The_Thunderer

@BigCimmerian said:

Morals on, Thor beats him.

Morals off, Thor tears him apart.

Marksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Marksman

Thor wins this.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By darktiger

@sagejonathan said:

Thor SHOULD crush him.

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Thor.

agreed

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By karrob

@darktiger said:

@sagejonathan said:

Thor SHOULD crush him.

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Thor.

agreed

This^^^.

I mean wasn't the Thor pictured the same one battling the Celestials?

DarkScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DarkScarecrow

LOL An adamntium-armored Rhino made by LOKI. 

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By capall2

it's funny how some viners think some pp are newbies based on the number of posts...many viners have multiple accts for various reasons and have been part of the vine for yrs...anyways Thor still wins here as he has more than just muscle in this fight...

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By darktiger

thor wins he is ways too powerful

Fantomex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Fantomex13

Being that this version of Rhino is made of a metal, I believe that will do more harm than good. Metal is extremely weak against electricity - anyone who's played Pokemon Gold/Silver or higher will tell you this. That being said, Thor, the God of Thunder, will electrocute Rhino, and unless that suit has a rubber lining on Rhino's skin, Rhino will surely die.

Also, how does Rhino's speed compare against Thor's? Is Thor completely ahead of him, making it almost unfair?

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By darktiger

@Fantomex13 said:

Being that this version of Rhino is made of a metal, I believe that will do more harm than good. Metal is extremely weak against electricity - anyone who's played Pokemon Gold/Silver or higher will tell you this. That being said, Thor, the God of Thunder, will electrocute Rhino, and unless that suit has a rubber lining on Rhino's skin, Rhino will surely die.

Also, how does Rhino's speed compare against Thor's? Is Thor completely ahead of him, making it almost unfair?

genius

Fantomex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Fantomex13

@darktiger said:

@Fantomex13 said:

genius

I apologize if I sounded silly, in case you were sarcastic. I don't read comics as often as I'd like to, so my knowledge on the situation is limited.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@Fantomex13 said:

@darktiger said:

@Fantomex13 said:

genius

I apologize if I sounded silly, in case you were sarcastic. I don't read comics as often as I'd like to, so my knowledge on the situation is limited.

I'm not an expert on Thor. But his reaction time should be waaay above Rhino's. Who is mostly known for his strength, and running speed.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Magethor

@Delta1938 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

He shouldn't have been off guard anyway, since Rhino makes a lot of noise running. Thor got speed blitz.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@Magethor said:

@Delta1938 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

He shouldn't have been off guard anyway, since Rhino makes a lot of noise running. Thor got speed blitz.

Exactly! Thats why I said that Rhino must be pretty damn fast to have done that. Or, Thor was sleeping on ol horn head. I mean he probably heard about how Spider-man took him down a bunch of times. Pretty sure hero's swap war stories. lol

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Magethor

@Guardiandevil83 said:

@Magethor said:

@Delta1938 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Exactly! Thats why I said that Rhino must be pretty damn fast to have done that. Or, Thor was sleeping on ol horn head. I mean he probably heard about how Spider-man took him down a bunch of times. Pretty sure hero's swap war stories. lol

Yes! Rhino makes alot of noise, but not only that, he shakes the ground... So any one with decent senses would detect Rhino from half a mile away.... Thor didn't detect it so therefore he was speed blitz by Rhino.