• 193 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Dragul (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Thor takes on Post God of War 2 Kratos. Battle Takes place in Asgard. No interference. Who takes it? 

1151831-thor_marvel_alex_ross_01.jpg
Kratos
#2 Posted by Hellos (8871 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I played god of war 2 just to know where Kratos was on the power scale, well I'll find out in God of War 3.

#3 Posted by Dragul (14 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos: The demo is out for the ps3 and I've got to say, it is amazing! :)
#4 Posted by Spidertheking (484 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor rapestomp

Avatar image for lordofthebrocean
#5 Posted by lordofthebrocean (885 posts) - - Show Bio
@Spidertheking:
What an utterly fail comment. Just gtfo.
#6 Posted by Hellos (8871 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dragul said:
" @Hellos: The demo is out for the ps3 and I've got to say, it is amazing! :) "

I don't have my PS3 with me atm, not untill next week will I have the chance to fool around with the demo. I have no doubt though, Kratos was awsome in GoW1.
#7 Posted by eserrano05 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

i just beat god of war collection kratos without a doubt the man has taken down almost all of greek mythology and he would gladly rip out thor's heart
#8 Posted by Dragul (14 posts) - - Show Bio
@eserrano05: Kratos is just a barbarian, whereas Thor is a highly skilled fighter. He's fought many foes as strong or even stronger than Kratos in Asgard. The Gods in God of War haven't shown very impressive feats. I believe Thor would win, but I'd be glad to be proven wrong.
#9 Posted by Montaq (960 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Thor, but Kratos aint goin' down without puting up one hell of a fight.
#10 Posted by Undergroundgod (3069 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor kills Kratos, and then Kratos takes over Hell and comes back after Thor with all of the dead of the underworld and takes his revenge over Thor. Or just gets his head smashed in again by Thor and his hammer which I feel would happen over and over again.  Kratos is awsome and I love the GOD of WAR games only he does not stand a chance against Thor. Thor would have killed all of the evil creatures in the games and the Titans, and the Gods and done it in about 20 minutes, give or take a few minutes, it wouldn't have been a very good game. LOL
#11 Posted by jacobyLIVE (1983 posts) - - Show Bio
@lordofthebrocean:  Once Thor knocks the baldness of off Kratos,he can pick his blades up. Kratos can't lift Thors hammer even if he were to knock Thor down 

Thor wins
#12 Posted by slap_nuts (107 posts) - - Show Bio
@Undergroundgod:  

someones playin faveorets. LOL.. 
#13 Posted by Undergroundgod (3069 posts) - - Show Bio
@slap_nuts said:
"@Undergroundgod:   someones playin faveorets. LOL..  "

No I just don't feel a Spartain would ever be able to take it to the GOD's of Olympus, no matter how mad he was, so I feel the GODS/TITANS/MONSTERS from GOW and GOW2 are weak compaired to the ones from Greek Mythos.
Avatar image for malice_wonderland
#14 Posted by Malice Wonderland (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos has killed two gods...Thor shall die a thousand deaths...
#15 Edited by Matezoide2 (16065 posts) - - Show Bio

we cant say for sure since we never saw any feats from Kratos after God of War 2,with would be God of War 3

we have to wait and see what he can do before giving the victory to someone

@Dragul:
Kratos is not a barbarian....

#16 Posted by Shikarenji (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

Mjolnir
#17 Posted by Surge2477 (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

The Olympians in the God Of War series seem powerful (mainly due to there immense height) yet have average durability. Also, Kratos is similar to the Marvel version of  Ares in that he's more a brawler, so Thor is a more experienced & better fighter. Kratos also loses in the speed department as Thor's speed & reflexes are vastly undervalued due to his +100 ton strength. Kratos, while strong himself, has regular speed & reflexes. He won't have a chance in this battle.
#18 Posted by Hellos (8871 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Kratos manipulating time during GoW 2?

#19 Posted by Surge2477 (1118 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos said:
" Wasn't Kratos manipulating time during GoW 2? "

yes & no. he doesn't have this power within him. he has to go to a speacial chamber or focus a beam into a statue that will let him slow time. this doesn't really aid him in neutral location
#20 Posted by slap_nuts (107 posts) - - Show Bio
@Undergroundgod:
I agree, I think the GOD's of Olymups are "very" underplayed.  

#21 Posted by Primmaster64 (21668 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm

#22 Posted by chaos-soul (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

thor in GoW they made the gods stoopid weak

#23 Posted by lordraiden (9290 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, in a nice battle, but an inevitable outcome for him.
#24 Posted by eserrano05 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

i still say kratos he lead the spartan army and still took down half of greek mythology before being the god of war. Look at his defeats he lost to zeus,ares, and entire persian army that outnumbered his. Thor lost to a handful of no names losers other than the sentry and iron patriot and hes a god. If kratos still has the power of a god in this fight he'll win if he doesnt then he obivously loses
#25 Posted by Dragul (14 posts) - - Show Bio

bump. Anymore opinions?

#26 Posted by lordraiden (9290 posts) - - Show Bio
@eserrano05 said:
" i still say kratos he lead the spartan army and still took down half of greek mythology before being the god of war. Look at his defeats he lost to zeus,ares, and entire persian army that outnumbered his. Thor lost to a handful of no names losers other than the sentry and iron patriot and hes a god. If kratos still has the power of a god in this fight he'll win if he doesnt then he obivously loses "
What no name losers are you refering to??
#27 Posted by eserrano05 (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@lordraiden said:
"@eserrano05 said:
" i still say kratos he lead the spartan army and still took down half of greek mythology before being the god of war. Look at his defeats he lost to zeus,ares, and entire persian army that outnumbered his. Thor lost to a handful of no names losers other than the sentry and iron patriot and hes a god. If kratos still has the power of a god in this fight he'll win if he doesnt then he obivously loses "
What no name losers are you refering to?? "

name all or some of the people that took him down
#28 Posted by Surge2477 (1118 posts) - - Show Bio
@eserrano05 said:

the gods in God Of War (Kratos) included are big giants with very little durability. Thor would still be to strong, to fast (plus he can fly due to hammer throw), more powerful & a better combatant than Kratos with all his little gadgets. His skin isn't able to resist penetration damage. Thor will simply shoot a big lighting burst through Kratos the same way the clone Thor Killed Goliath.  
#29 Posted by Static Shock (51243 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#30 Posted by drkhwk2001 (4570 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#31 Posted by Matezoide2 (16065 posts) - - Show Bio

probaly Thor,Kratos havent done anything to put him on his level

yet

#32 Edited by ms__omega (5013 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Kratos  because he has a theme song......... just kidding Thor would take him easy

#33 Posted by eserrano05 (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@Surge2477 said:
"@eserrano05 said:
the gods in God Of War (Kratos) included are big giants with very little durability. Thor would still be to strong, to fast (plus he can fly due to hammer throw), more powerful & a better combatant than Kratos with all his little gadgets. His skin isn't able to resist penetration damage. Thor will simply shoot a big lighting burst through Kratos the same way the clone Thor Killed Goliath.   "

i hear what your saying i still feel people are underestimating kratos 
#34 Posted by XorTuff (2 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing about GOW is, and other's have mentioned it, they seriously nerfed the Olympians, no mortal could have fought against the actual Gods of Greek Mythology, not even if that mortal became the new God of War and took Ares' power. Its true that Ares, even though having the title 'God of War' was cowardly and whined, complained and was bitter when he lost in a duel with the other Gods, which was often. 
So even if Kratos had killed the true Ares from Greek mythology he would still not be able to defeat the other Gods, much less Thor. 
 Also, the Norse Gods are known for their raw physical strength as well as magic, while the Greek Gods relied mainly on magic. The only Greek figure to use strength all the time was Hercules. So Kratos is fighting Gods that are not suited to his style of combat. Thor on the other hand fights against the frost giants and demons regulairly.

#35 Posted by Surge2477 (1118 posts) - - Show Bio
@XorTuff said:
"The thing about GOW is, and other's have mentioned it, they seriously nerfed the Olympians, no mortal could have fought against the actual Gods of Greek Mythology, not even if that mortal became the new God of War and took Ares' power. Its true that Ares, even though having the title 'God of War' was cowardly and whined, complained and was bitter when he lost in a duel with the other Gods, which was often.  So even if Kratos had killed the true Ares from Greek mythology he would still not be able to defeat the other Gods, much less Thor.   Also, the Norse Gods are known for their raw physical strength as well as magic, while the Greek Gods relied mainly on magic. The only Greek figure to use strength all the time was Hercules. So Kratos is fighting Gods that are not suited to his style of combat. Thor on the other hand fights against the frost giants and demons regulairly. " 

Good Point. The Olympic Pantheons do rely on speed a great deal. Thor mixes a lot of both.

@eserrano05 said:
"@Surge2477 said:
"@eserrano05 said:
the gods in God Of War (Kratos) included are big giants with very little durability. Thor would still be to strong, to fast (plus he can fly due to hammer throw), more powerful & a better combatant than Kratos with all his little gadgets. His skin isn't able to resist penetration damage. Thor will simply shoot a big lighting burst through Kratos the same way the clone Thor Killed Goliath.   "
i hear what your saying i still feel people are underestimating kratos  "

I don't think so. He just doesn't have the skill or raw power to beat Thor. His sheer lack of speed in this battle will be him doom.  Kratos is strong, but not nearly as strong as Thor. Even with his bestowed demi-god powers, there's nothing he can throw at Thor that he can't either evade or just shrug off.  Thor takes this battle vs. Kratos in a matter of minutes.

#36 Posted by mysticboy (678 posts) - - Show Bio

if it was post Gow 1, Kratos would have a chance. but Thor wins this

#37 Posted by Shikarenji (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

Mjolnir
#38 Posted by goken114 (202 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins

#39 Posted by Dragul (14 posts) - - Show Bio

rebump, can anyone provide thor  feats for current thor? Speed, strength, etc?

#40 Posted by Dolph_Zigglar (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Ridiculous fight, Thor takes this in mere seconds

#41 Posted by Undergroundgod (3069 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ms. Omega said:
"I say Kratos  because he has a theme song......... just kidding Thor would take him easy
"

LMFAO!!!
#42 Posted by Dragul (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha, I'm sure someone had to have made a Thor theme, unofficially by now.

#43 Posted by SupermanWINS (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos wins

#44 Posted by NathanWilliams (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins

#45 Posted by The Mango (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

Ridiculous question, Thor dominates.

#46 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7186 posts) - - Show Bio

based on the fact that kratos is a rediculosly bad ass beast who seems to  be strong enough to accomplish any task he sets his mind on if he is angry or bad ass enough  

based on feats Thor wouldn't even embaras himself by acctually fighting Kratos even if he was god kratos.Thor would just ignore all of his attacks and stroll on by until Kratos took one of Thor's loved ones hostages where thor would kill kratos with a single strike and Kratos ha sno hope in hell of fighting his way out of marvels hell abd if he does somehow Thor throws him across the solar system  
#47 Posted by Husk45 (241 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok which Thor are we talking about? If its the Thor with the Odin Force then Thor wins. If his dose not have the Odin Force then Kratos Wins.
#48 Posted by gambit987 (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

Avatar image for theshadowhunter
#49 Posted by TheShadowHunter (87 posts) - - Show Bio

The Gods of Olympus are said to me Omnipresent and Omnipotent. They just didn't show it too much since you control a character who's pretty much having the same capabilities. Zeus is definitely Omnipresent since in God of War 3, he was able to create many clones of himself that were able to attack Kratos. Don't forget in GOW2 where Zeus was able to get bigger and bigger. And well, it would be Mjolnir vs The Blade of Olympus that has the entire power of Olympus and old powers of Kratos when he was the God of War. I think it's enought. Not enought to beat RKT tho. I don't think so.

#50 Posted by Hellos (8871 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos said:
"I wish I played god of war 2 just to know where Kratos was on the power scale, well I'll find out in God of War 3. "

And since I have I now know how badly Thor stomps.