Thor vs JLA B-Team

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@bump1010 said:

@pooty said:

Regarding what Thor said about Wolverine's speed: Since we don't know whether he was saying "Wolverine is faster then I.....am" or "Wolverine is faster then I.... imagined. We shouldn't even use that statement for or against Thor. It is inconclusive.

Yea but in the scan thor also stated that he "dodges my fieriest blows while he connects" and he also stated that wolverine was "too fast." He also said "if wolverine continues to evade my finest blows". Honestly the whole page is basically thor marveling at wolverines speed.

No Caption Provided

For the record I agree thor is faster then wolverine I just don't think this showing is inconclusive.

I've never seen the scan. People were only debating what was said, so that is all i had to go on. I don't know if Wolverine is actually faster or trained so well that he can evade Thor. Personally, i think Wolverine is faster and more agile. Still it doesn't make sense that Hulk, Juggs can hit Wolverine but Thor can't'.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Dratini1331

@rcranium said:

@darkraiden: This isn't King Thor or Rune King Thor is it? I'm a big fanof Thor, but this 20 planet lifting stuff is BS. The laws of Physics and inertia do not allow "planet lifting." Even if he had the strength, which he doesn't, the planet would crumple from the force. Even if you made it true adamantium, Thor doesn't have the requisite mass to "lift" it.

It...happened.

I thought the feat was him holding the weight of 20 planets, or the one where he pulled the midgard serpent from earth (shown to be 20 planets via math or something close to 20), no?

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By DarkRaiden

@darkraiden said:

@rcranium said:

@darkraiden: This isn't King Thor or Rune King Thor is it? I'm a big fanof Thor, but this 20 planet lifting stuff is BS. The laws of Physics and inertia do not allow "planet lifting." Even if he had the strength, which he doesn't, the planet would crumple from the force. Even if you made it true adamantium, Thor doesn't have the requisite mass to "lift" it.

It...happened.

I thought the feat was him holding the weight of 20 planets, or the one where he pulled the midgard serpent from earth (shown to be 20 planets via math or something close to 20), no?

Yeah he resisted/held the weight of 20 planets why? Oh....oh. Now I see it. He's saying it's actually 20 planets. I kinda just skimmed and saw him say he doesn't have the mass to lift it. Yeah my bad.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger:

1) as above shows, thor can react and avoid a hammer that goes faster than 3x the speed of light in point blank range

2) i showed you that in #4 lol and thor jukes SS silly

3) can you show me where QS was able to avoid Thor? as far as the what i posted before thor smashed the ground in front of QS to fast for QS to react, nothing about QS able to avoid his direct hit, QS wasnt interrupted or anything so i have no dea why you think QS was able to avoid a direct hit because its not shown

4) thats part of being juked, it is combat speed because Silver Surfer was trying to takedown thor. they werent going for a highfive and missed, SS was trying to take thor down to stop him from attacking galactus, but ends up getting juked instead, thats combat speed buddy

1. Where is the hammer travelling at 3x the speed of light? It's not moving at that speed up close at all.
  2. No you didn't. All you showed was Thor flying past SS at travel speed. Again, that is not combat speed. Think it all you want, it doesn't make it so.
  3. Seriously? Look at the scan you yourself posted and you'll see Quicksilver dodging Thor's strike like he's moving in slow motion.
  4. It was a simple blitz ie travelling towards your opponent at high speed. Not combat speed. This is what combat speed looks like and it's something Thor has not been able to replicate

When Thor moves anything like this in combat, let me know.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

AHAHAHAHHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

OMG. A THOR FAN SAID "YES THOR CAN TRAVEL FASTER THAN LIGHT WITHOUT MJOLNIR" AND HE POSTS SCANS OF THOR RIDING IN A VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHHAHAHAHHA

OH MAN, I THOUGHT I WAS AACCTUALLY GOING TO SEE A SCAN OF THOR GOING FTL WITHOUT AID

ROFLMMFAO!!!!

He used solar winds to move said vehicle, if he can use them to move something else, he can surely used them to move himself. Common sense man.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are debating his combat speed, when he can just thunder clap this entire team into oblivion?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#157  Edited By Cream_God

@lvenger:

1) I arleady showed you that Mjolnir flys faster than SS when reuturning to thor, that's well over 3x the speed of light

2) I'm merging this with number 4

3) look at the scan, QS dodged thors lightning then gets knocked back by thor striking the ground in front of him. it doesn't show him dodging thors strike at all or thor aiming straight for QS, you are seeing things that are not their

4) so if We run at each other (you trying to tackle me) and I juke you and go and deck your friend (galctacus) it's not combat speed? It is, rather you like it or not. And superman saving people is combat speed but thor juking SS is not? Bwahahaha

I think your afraid to admit that thor has combat speed because you know he would be able to take out Superman and it pains you to think that Supes could be taken out by such a tacky blonde flying fabio.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@bigcimmerian:

Why are debating his combat speed, when he can just thunder clap this entire team into oblivion?

Incorrect. Steel's armor has been withstanding sonic wave attacks, blows upon it from Kryptonians and those in their rogues galleries, as well as substantial energy based attacks since the "Reign of the Supermen" era. He has upgraded his weapon systems several times since the early 1990's. Aquaman (with his Waterbearer) is fully hydrated 24 hours a day as well as its ability to increase his already impressive TP abilities and magic nullification. He's tanked sonic attacks before with minor difficulty. especially since sound travels far better underwater than it does through air. Guy has auto-shields, so that's out. Red Tornado's body is packed full of Psudocytes, making his healing factor easily the most superior one here, even to Hawkman's. And speaking of Hawkman, this guy has been the (non-Amazonian) gold standard for blunt force trauma resistance since the 1940's. It's going to take a hell of a lot morethan a mere thunderclap to put down a man who literally resurrects from the dead because he finds death to be a nuisance.

He used solar winds to move said vehicle, if he can use them to move something else, he can surely used them to move himself. Common sense man.

With his equal (at least in terms of mystical weather bending) Red Tornado frustrating, countering, or downright nullifying his attempts to do so, this method of travel or attack will be off limits to him. As I've said already, he'll need a different method of attack to proceed here because the weather angle won't cut it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness:

1. And I have shown you that Mjolnir was not travelling at that speed when it returned to Thor in that scan given that it was visible to the naked eye.
  2. Look at the scan and see that Quicksilver never gets directly hit by Thor at all. Instead an AOE attack is what gets him. Just drop this point as I'm beginning to get tired of debunking your rubbish.
  3. Your logic in this instance is flawed because all Thor is doing is flying at people. He's not doing multiple things with his speed like Superman is in the scans I showed you. He's just bull rushing and that is not Superman.

Finally, Bwhahahaaha! That's always a good laugh when people accuse me of not wanting Superman to lose to Thor. Thank you for making me laugh at your ignorance. In a normal fight, Thor can't take a majority against Superman because his combat speed and reactions are pitiful. I've shown that numerous times and debunked every claim you make and shown it up to be the futile ignorance it is. Hold onto that view all you want, it doesn't make it true. I don't think Superman can beat Thor because I'm afraid of how fast Thor is. I think Superman can beat Thor because he's faster, stronger, more versatile and able to react quicker. Your lack of knowledge really makes this all the more easy to counter.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Welp, looks like this thread turned into another heated Superman vs Thor debate.

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By TommyJones1945

This thread just proves how sad fanboys can be.

CIN.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Yeah kinda my fault for fanning the flames, I won't lie. I'll bow out now.

@tommyjones1945 Tell me about it. People aren't even willing to think about scans and feats for even one second if it disrupts their perception of a character.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Cream_God

@lvenger:

1) you shown nothing, you've been assuming thing things that are not their

2) look at the scans and see QS never attempted to dodge thors strike or even was able to react or see it. your seeing things that are not their once again

3) bull rushing is blitzing my friend, and dodging one is combat speed my. plus are you saying Supes is faster than SS?

and how is supes stronger than thor? Supes greatest feat involve pushing a moon or planet with help, thor has busted planets by accident

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lvenger:

Don't bow out! The hatred from the flaming entertains me! Let the flaming consume your soul.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Dratini1331

@darkraiden: I have no idea, I just remembered seeing those at some point ^_^

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: I'm not continuing this because it's derailed the thread and you fail to see the basic errors in your logic, reasoning and arguments. So there's no point in continuing to talk to someone who won't see their errors.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

1) you shown nothing, you've been assuming thing things that are not their

2) look at the scans and see QS never attempted to dodge thors strike or even was able to react or see it. your seeing things that are not their once again

3) bull rushing is blitzing my friend, and dodging one is combat speed my. plus are you saying Supes is faster than SS?

and how is supes stronger than thor? Supes greatest feat involve pushing a moon or planet with help, thor has busted planets by accident

This comment right here just proves u know nothing about DC. Keeping fighting a battle uve already lost. Pfft 3x the speed of light.

CIN.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for alessandro_souzamarques
alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet said:

@foreverevil: I gotcha. It's al good!;)

@alessandro_souzamarques: He was using solar winds to make his drakkar so fast that Galaxies passed by in a blur.... Thor to be able to fly (without Mjölnir) uses winds to make him fly, so he can fly FTL.

Fair enough. But you're overlooking the fact that Thor + Red Tornado= nullification of weather-bending. For them both. Thor's ability to manipulate storms as an attack and/or a transportation method is cancelled just by having Red Tornado on the scene here. RT would have nasty amounts of help here outside of him completely shutting down one of Thor's favorite go-to options in a combat setting.

Love your User Name, by the way. Really cool.

Red Tornado can't nullify Thor's weather control. Thor has already defeated wind elementals before (Zéphyr, Zefra and Storm). Thor's weather control are more powerful than RT's weather control. Can you post some scans to back him (Red Tornado) up? I'll do the same for Thor.

Thanks. :)

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

B Team wins, mostly because f*** Thor but also because teamwork.

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By TommyJones1945

@tommyjones1945: care to explain?

Like I'd miss the chance to put a fanboy in his place. Let me put this for you. Thor is down for u. Thor...is a slow moving brick. Unlike other bricks who can but ss under their belt, Thor cant, so putting him down is going to be much easier for them. Not to mention the heavy hitters they have. Outmanuevering as well as hitting him hard isn't going to be a big problem for the team. 3 out of 5 of them can outmaneuver them in the air, AM has better H2H feats and skills as well as being strong enough to bypass his invulnerability, not to mention his water bearing hand and HM`s mace, then you have Steel for bonus pts(lolz), and I haven't even mentioned the fact that they have a lantern on the team. Thor just has to much to handle. Against one or two of them, he can snag a wing, but against all 5, it becomes sth short of a stomp. Cease and desist b4 u make urself look more like a fanboy :`(

CIN.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommyjones1945: to be honest I wasn't arguing on topic, I was dealing with a guy that said wolverine is faster than thor and proving to him that thor has combat speed. I'm not a thor fanboy, have no idea why you would call me that because I'm just knowledgable of the character, and I also defend him from common misconception and lies, if you seen my posts you'd obviously know I'm a Agent Venom fan. And hasn't AM blitzed and knocked down Supes also? I wouldn't be surprised if he could successfully get close to thor if not even throw punches with him, especially with the water hand being able to ward off magic. Though I do think Thor out ranks the lady of the lake so the waterhand might not work on thors magic I'm honestly not familiar with it enough to say it does or doesn't. But with feats like busting planets and taking on beings like Celestials It would take some really good feats from team to pose a threat to Thor.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommyjones1945: to be honest I wasn't arguing on topic, I was dealing with a guy that said wolverine is faster than thor and proving to him that thor has combat speed. I'm not a thor fanboy, have no idea why you would call me that because I'm just knowledgable of the character, and I also defend him from common misconception and lies, if you seen my posts you'd obviously know I'm a Agent Venom fan. And hasn't AM blitzed and knocked down Supes also? I wouldn't be surprised if he could successfully get close to thor if not even throw punches with him, especially with the water hand being able to ward off magic. Though I do think Thor out ranks the lady of the lake so the waterhand might not work on thors magic I'm honestly not familiar with it enough to say it does or doesn't. But with feats like busting planets and taking on beings like Celestials It would take some really good feats from team to pose a threat to Thor.

thor is indeed slower in combat speed than wolverine. even captain america commented on how slow thor is

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By ForeverEvil

hahahah but seriously "hulk=speed of light"

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil: so your judging a character based on what other characters say?

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil: so your judging a character based on what other characters say?

Thor himself stated he was slower than Wolverine....

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: he was interrupted mid sentence obviously, he was going to say "he Is faster than I thought". This has been debated many times and with the addition to the "-" at the end of "I" further shows your comment is false, the whole fight was PIS and if you want to say PIS feats count then DS has microsecond reaction time for tagging Flash, batman for tagging WW, hulk for tagging SS, etc.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

1) nanosecond reaction time

2) fighting Adam Warlock and SS at the same time, all faster than the speed of light

3) blitzes Quicksilver

4) jukes SS silly

1) Riight, because punching something in a "few micro-seconds" is the exact same thing as reacting to something in a nanosecond. Oh wait no it's not.

2) No indication that the fight was FTL, Adam said Thor moved like lightning (Which doesn't even travel at the speed of light) not that he was as fast as lightning.

3) Again, Thor hit the ground around where he estimated Quicksilver to be, causing a shockwave which knocked him off his feet.

4) I don't know what "Jukes" means, but there is no evidence of FTL combat speed in that scan. Or even travel speed.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: I already proved everything I said correct so your arguments are invalid

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By SheenLantern

@cgoodness: Unless you have actual proof Stan Lee or whoever meant to write "Nanosecond" instead of "Microsecond", then no, you haven't.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: can you repeat that? Stan Lee has to say what thor has is what you are saying? Lol

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: You said something completely different as to what was shown in the scan.

No Caption Provided

Here, Thor punches someone in the space of a few microseconds, what you said happened was that Thor reacted to something in a nanosecond. So unless you have proof that Stan Lee just accidentally wrote that but meant to write something else. You're blatantly wrong.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days  Online

@cgoodness: Darkseid has Micro second reaction time because it was stated on panel that he had only a microsecond to react before he was completely obliterated by the anti life equation.....Thor is consistently slow, could barely even touch mongoose lol

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: lol he punched some and was able to turn around and grab Mjolnir in microseconds, it says that even in the box lol you are a silly goose

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: Darkseid has Micro second reaction time because it was stated on panel that he had only a microsecond to react before he was completely obliterated by the anti life equation.....Thor is consistently slow, could barely even touch mongoose lol

Hercules has nanosecond combat speed and reflexes and Thor never had a problem with hitting him.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: inconsistent, can't even catch mongoose

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days  Online
SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: Oh, so you admit you were lying about Nanoseconds?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hercules has nanosecond combat speed and reflexes and Thor never had a problem with hitting him.

Also, Hulk has beaten Herc..so by that very logic Hulk has nano second reaction speed...thats all you

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days said:

Scans?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian said:

Also, Hulk has beaten Herc..so by that very logic Hulk has nano second reaction speed...thats all you

What I wanted to say is that having that great reaction speed isn't very important in fights if characters are really powerful like Hulk, Thor and Black Adam for example, if you have the power set to counter your opponents speed.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: Ok, now show me Herc using said speed on open combat.....

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Cream_God

@sheenlantern: when did I admit anything? I said microsecond never have I said nanosecond. Lol

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: Ok, now show me Herc using said speed on open combat.....

There is no fight in which Herc showed nanosecond reaction speed I think. The only instance is the one I posted above. He managed to hit and grab Sentry in mid flight, but we don't know how fast Sentry was going.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: Ah...there we go, that wasn't hard was it? See, consistency is grand isn't it.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By bigcimmerian

@bigcimmerian: Ah...there we go, that wasn't hard was it? See, consistency is grand isn't it.

How many times Darkseid showed microsecond reaction speed?