#101  Edited By Experio
Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Bones309

@martyyy15: Just to clear up Thor can breathe in space, GL would not be able to lift Thor's hammer it is protected by a skyfather level enchantment no way is Hal getting past that.

No Caption Provided

There isn't? Doctor Spectrum(Marvel's GL knock off) was able to do it. Now to be fair to both, Thor as you can see was being attacked by another but didn't get his hammer back until Wonder Man beat Spectrum. Perhaps if Thor were able to concentrate or attack it wouldn't matter. Quasar pulled a similar feat against Masterson's Thor but he was able to break his hammer free with his bare hands.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@experio said:

@patrat18: So you said GL out of favoritism and not facts? I can make a case for Thor with certainty but will you be able to do the same with GL? Our just make an irrelevant comeback

Hows that when i like Thor more than Hal? Yes i could make a case for Gl. The response you just gave is irrelevant.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Experio

@patrat18: Then feel free to state why he wins, cause the way I see it Thor has better durability, striking, speed with the hammer, stronger, better stamina etc. while GL has the versatile.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By patrat18

@experio said:

@patrat18: Then feel free to state why he wins, cause the way I see it Thor has better durability, striking, speed with the hammer, stronger, better stamina etc. while GL has the versatile.

Better durability? Loki stabs him with a dagger. Gl took down Parallax who was said to have devoured worlds. He did it by bfr, but he was also hurting Parallax when he attacked him with energy blast. Now i'm only going by the first two movies Thor has been in, since i haven't seen the dark world. Hal should be able to put a bubble shield around Thor's head and ko him. Like he did with Parallax.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: Hurting Parallax doesnt mean much if he doesnt have good durability feats. You might not have seen Thor the dark world but I have. Kurse who is Mallekiths right hand man was destroying Asgardian shields with one punch, those shields are a smaller version of a large one which destroyed a Dark elf ship moving at immense speed. Thor was tanking those same hits simultaneously without being KOed. His striking with Mjolnir would instantly destroy GL's shields as well as exceed his durability. The hammer has also proven to be faster

Loading Video...

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: Again i'm going by the first two movies.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: The same Thor appearing in those movies is the same one in Thor: The Dark World so its relevant here

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@experio said:

@ancient_0f_days: GL is faster than Thor how exactly?

He reacted to Eobard Thawne Zoom posing as Barry Allen Flash throughout their entire fight (something Thor could never even dream of doing) and he reacted to Hunter Zolomon Zoom on one occasion. Besides that he's managed to fight evenly with Superman for a bit and hit him with a barrage of constructs.....Did you assume Thor was faster than Hal Jordan or something?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

He reacted to Eobard Thawne Zoom posing as Barry Allen Flash throughout their entire fight (something Thor could never even dream of doing) and he reacted to Hunter Zolomon Zoom on one occasion. Besides that he's managed to fight evenly with Superman for a bit and hit him with a barrage of constructs.....Did you assume Thor was faster than Hal Jordan or something?

To be fair this is the movie versions of the charcters

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@dondave said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

@experio said:

To be fair this is the movie versions of the charcters

Op doesn't say so.....how do you know it's movie versions when only Thor's movie pic is shown and not Hals...

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: Were there any indication on how fast Zoom was moving? Thor also gets hits on Silver Surfer and Gladiator who are both nano-second and react to speeding Hyperion. GL is not faster unless you got better evidence.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@ancient_0f_days: Were there any indication on how fast Zoom was moving? Thor also gets hits on Silver Surfer and Gladiator who are both nano-second and react to speeding Hyperion. GL is not faster unless you got better evidence.

lol Gladiator only showed one nano-second reaction speed feat and silver surfer gets hit by Hulk, Rhino and Thing....better evidence? Yeah..Ok about that...that's your next homework assignment.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@experio said:

Hyperion's lightspeed? Where?

Anything involving Surfer not winning instantly is obvious PIS for obvious reasons. Almost as bad as Beyonder having actual conflict.

prinplup45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

lol Gladiator only showed one nano-second reaction speed feat and silver surfer gets hit by Hulk, Rhino and Thing....better evidence? Yeah..Ok about that...that's your next homework assignment.

And its about time he showed it, and my homework? Are you not the one who said GL is faster?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Experio

@deathandgrim: I dont know if Hyperion can go light-speed but he has nano-second timing which was shown in his fight with Gladiator in the offensive way.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

@experio said:

And its about time he showed it, and my homework? Are you not the one who said GL is faster?

One reaction speed feat is useless if his standard speed consists of brawling with Thor, Thunderstrike, Thing, Colossus, Juggernaut and Hulk most of the time ...... That's like saying Thor gets hits on a guy every slow brick in Marvel gets hits on like it's some sort of testament of speed, are you trying to say he's faster than a guy who can get hits on someone who blitzes speedsters like Jay Garrick, Johnny Quick and Max Mercury....I said GL is faster and brought up feats that suggest he is....the best you got is two super people with fast travel speeds and barely any real good combat speed feats.

Here's Hal taking on Zoom who thinks he's Barry and the last one is him reacting to and dodging multiple blasts from Sinestro...

As I said...Hal is faster

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#119  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Green Lantern takes the majority. Assuming this is Hal or Kyle that is.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Movie versions?

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@patrat18: The same Thor appearing in those movies is the same one in Thor: The Dark World so its relevant here

Right, but i haven't seen it.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@deathandgrim: I dont know if Hyperion can go light-speed but he has nano-second timing which was shown in his fight with Gladiator in the offensive way.

scans? not scan, scans.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Experio

@ancient_0f_days: Nop, you have said GL is faster but shown feats that doesnt prove so, simply because none of the scans you provided show an indication on how fast Zooms moving. Its like me posting this

No Caption Provided

And saying Thor is faster even though we dont know how fast his going by building up momentum. Bring sufficient evidence that prove GL to be faster with clear confirmation of his movement. While waiting, Thor has this

No Caption Provided

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Experio

@patrat18 said:

@experio said:

The same Thor appearing in those movies is the same one in Thor: The Dark World so its relevant here

Right, but i haven't seen it.

But I have and I'm generously explaining the main feats I'm using to you.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor with ease.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@ancient_0f_days: Nop, you have said GL is faster but shown feats that doesnt prove so, simply because none of the scans you provided show an indication on how fast Zooms moving. Its like me posting this

And saying Thor is faster even though we dont know how fast his going by building up momentum. Bring sufficient evidence that prove GL to be faster with clear confirmation of his movement. While waiting, Thor has this

Ha, Thor has nothing...That is a one time feat from over 40 years ago, the likes of which he's never been shown to do again. Are you really going to discount how fast Zoom was going? A guy mimicking Barry Allen's speed to the point where not even Hal recognizes a difference cannot be compared to some one panel feat of Thor smacking away someone who was already hitting him. In the very next few pages Zoom went on to battle Jay Garrick Max Mercury and Johnny Quick, but I guess you can argue they weren't moving at super speed cus it didn't say how fast hmmm? Pfft, Not to mention, Hal tagged Zolomon and used super speed to dodge multiple attacks from Sinestro...once again, Hal is faster.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: Nop, Hyperion has build up momentum and moved at immense speed. And of-course the Zoom feat has to be discounted, there was no indication so we cant determine how fast Hal's movement timing was. I provided on panel proof of Thor moving attacking in a micro-second so its your turn to surpass it. But I've been a fan of Hal for many yeas so I highly doubt on panel proof exists, not that I have seen anyways. Thor is faster until proven otherwise

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Experio

@experio said:

scans? not scan, scans.

I dont have the scan but czarny does. And its scan not scans, how many times do you expect writers to show nano-second?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's official, Experio has reached Moonman level.....

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For people asking for Hal speed feats; he slows down to time to within a fraction of nano-second and proceeds from there.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Experio

Great comeback

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Experio

@dondave said:

For people asking for Hal speed feats; he slows down to time to within a fraction of nano-second and proceeds from there.

The only nano-second I remember is this one

No Caption Provided

Which is enigmatically substantial

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@dondave said:

No Caption Provided

What issue is that from?

I was referring to the feat he performed in Action Comics Weekly 642.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

Great comeback

Thanks,

@experio said:

@dondave said:

That is pre-crisis and therefore non canon....even if it were substantial he's never done so ever again to my knowledge...do you understand the concept of consistency?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

Great comeback

Thanks,

@experio said:

@dondave said:

That is pre-crisis and therefore non canon....even if it were substantial he's never done so ever again to my knowledge...do you understand the concept of consistency?

Dont act as if I was proving a point, I merely was showing the only instance I remember him showing Nano-second, nothing else. And if he did show Nano-second then it would be held accountable, unless you would expect writers to continuously showing it (for the same form of character ofcourse). You failed to provide any sufficient evidence of GL being faster than Thor after claiming it confidently.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Experio

@dondave: Not familiar with that one, haven't read GL that far back

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

Great comeback

Thanks,

@experio said:

@dondave said:

I thought the GL's didn't get changed.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days said:

@experio said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

Great comeback

Thanks,

@experio said:

@dondave said:

I thought the GL's didn't get changed.

The weren't changed from Post-Crisis to New 52

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@experio said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

@experio said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

Great comeback

Thanks,

@experio said:

@dondave said:

Dont act as if I was proving a point, I merely was showing the only instance I remember him showing Nano-second, nothing else. And if he did show Nano-second then it would be held accountable, unless you would expect writers to continuously showing it (for the same form of character ofcourse). You failed to provide any sufficient evidence of GL being faster than Thor after claiming it confidently.

You know what, you're right ...I clearly failed to show Hal being faster than Thor, just ignore the feats of Hal reacting to a villain who's power translates solely to super speed in that instance, completely disregard the fact that the same villain took on 3 super speedsters at the same time directly after that and practically won...you can't tell if hes going super fast...it's completely useless cus it doesn't say he's moving fast or even how fast, it's not like it's clearly shown through the artwork and left up to the common sense of the reader to figure out that he's moving at ambiguous super speeds or anything. Completely disregard that Hal also reacted to Hunter Zolomon who'd just got done blitzing Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman when Hal caught him by the leg and strung him up in a construct. You don't know if he's moving super fast....nope, no little text box to state exactly how fast he's going...he could be moving as fast as 2 mph for all you know just cus it doesn't say so. And forget about when Hal dodged attacks from Sinestro at "super speed"..pfft no way to figure out how fast he was going, what do those green streaks behind him mean? Nothing without a text box to tell you exactly how fast he's going, we don't know how fast Sinestro is shooting either...it's damn mystery...

I'm not even going to waste my time anymore...I'll wait for a Thor expert or someone who at least understands the difference between the relevancy of a consistent feat vs an inconsistent one time feat.....I suppose Mongoose, the street leveler who blitzed all around Thor also has nano second reaction speed cus Thor's micro second hands could hardly touch him. hahaha... do you know the amount of feats that have no description...just about any laser dodging feat and many feats with Flash in em, most of the time when he moves at super speed it doesn't have to say how fast he's going....but I guess it's invalid as a speed feat since it didn't say how fast he was running......

that is some Moonman logic if I ever saw it...I'm done with it....

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: Go back and read my comments, I didn't say their irrelevant but knowing how fast Hal is going is important for analysis which you seem to not understand. His going fast but at what speed? Is it faster than what Thor has shown? We cant determine cause there's no specific indication, therefore we cant automatically assume he exceeded micro-second. I'll be waiting for someone who can actually speak for Hal instead of ranting random assumption for no absolute reason.

We're done.

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62:

no there not their mainstream characters are but that's because they made them like that marvel kept them generally relatable, if your arguing power I give you nova prime, impossible man, the beyonder, silver surfer, ghost rider, odin, the list goes on... its been proven bats and superman are the most powerful dc heroes... and of the guys I just listed stomps them

Avatar image for atrocitustheferocious
atrocitustheferocious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

omg doods has anyone actually seen a fight between green lantern and a powerhouse. there is no reason that green lantern can win thor. i know green lantern is way cooler. but it has done many times. green lantern can't defeat a powerhouse. not a good battle. but if this is to do with movie then that would be good. i meen thor found it hard to kill ironman in a straight up fight.but if its comic book

THOR FTW BY FAR NO DOUBT

Avatar image for romulusaugustus
RomulusAugustus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atrocitustheferocious: What makes you think this is not close? They're both lightning fast, and powerful. And obviously there's a debate to be had, all you need to do is look above you.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By DeathandGrim
Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Thor, as he has an advantage in areas of strength and durability, as well as combat experience and the powers of his hammer. He could absorb Hal's energy, hammer spam him, BFR him, etc.

Avatar image for romulusaugustus
RomulusAugustus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for atrocitustheferocious
atrocitustheferocious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atrocitustheferocious: Um. GL has taken on powerhouses and isn't easily beaten

yes he has but then he ends up loosing badly. the powerhouses just brake through all of there objects. look at justice league infanet crisis. green lantern fails badly fighting those bosses. i know green lantern is way cooler and i always stick up for dc but this one i simply don't see any way green wins here. thor will just bash every object green pulls out. and also in the the new 52 comic superman owned green. and the second justice league comic wonder woman owned green as well. greens constructs also don't do much to mongul. and don't you dare think I'm a marvel fan i hate marvel.

@atrocitustheferocious: Side note. Your grammar is abysmal.

i don't care about my grammar as long as you understand what I'm saying

Beam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Beam3000

Thor

Don_Onyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good battle but I think we can all come to agreement tht Thor is the victor in this faceoff