EddieTheHead666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EddieTheHead666

T    The God of Thunder      vs The Super Soldier 
Thor has no powers for this fight, both are allowed their armour  and signiature weapons for this fiight (Milonjir has no energy coming out of it.)  And the fight is taking place in open plain in the American Prairies. So, who do think would win?
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Captain America wins. He's a better fighter and has better combat feats, he is also phyiscally superior to Thor.

Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud

What do you mean by Thor has no powers... Human level?
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By blackadam

CA
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By whacknasty
@comicdude23 said:
" Captain America wins. He's a better fighter and has better combat feats, he is also phyiscally superior to Thor. "
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" What do you mean by Thor has no powers... Human level? "
Thats what I'm wondering... I thought your average Asgardians were a couple times more durable/stronger that your average human, with the higher ups in the pantheon being even above that.  A high level Asgardian like Thor, even without his godly powers, would be physically outclassed by Cap?
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By Dracade102

Captain America wins.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Thor.
jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By jayskee

cap wins
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

The OP needs to be cleared up greatly before this goes on.
Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Assman
@comicdude23 said:

"Captain America wins. He's a better fighter and has better combat feats, he is also phyiscally superior to Thor. "

??? Really?? Better than a few thousand year old god who's been fighting train since birth, still has superior strength and stats without any of his powers. 

as to the op, they stated no powers, so that's no Mjolnir and no other godly powers, just his stats as an asgardian, which Thor>any asgardian, even his farther in sum, as far as strength and speed go.  Thor's still much stronger and faster than Cap without Mjolnir and his other abstract powers.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By nefarious

Thor wins.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pooty
@Assman:  Going by "what should be" Thor would win. But going by feats CA got this. Thor hasn't shown anything in fighting skills that can hold a candle to Thor. But a normal Asgardian is like 3-5x more durable, stronger than a human. Nothing the Captain hasn't handled before.
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By PirateKing69

Does anybody have feats for Thor's h2h skills? I'm going with Cap for now

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

well as Mjolnir can still fly Thor throws at supersonic speed at Cap and kills him

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Even if both are around relative levels i still think Thor takes it. Thor even depowered has taken on people when he only had mjolnir

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

When people bring up cap's skill and has more experience cap was on ice for years. Relatively its more like cap has less than 20 years of martial arts mastery while others were getting better at fighting like bucky for example. Sure cap is a master martial artist then again so is wolverine who has been alive and fighting since the late 1800's . He should have more experience than cap does. Thor has been training since he was a kid a 1000-2000 years ago and has mastered many weapons, hell he has even used cap's shield once. If anyone wants to give it to cap cause of skill or experience fine, If i was as strong as Thor and fought weaker opponents i wouldnt waste time on using martial arts when im 100+ ton effortlessly near invulnerable god, id get things done quick unless i really had to fight smart. When wolverine ever has to use skill, he is a beast yet we hardly see him use his fighting abilities instead of lunging and tanking and healing and wolverine is considered above cap in fighting ability.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pooty
@god_spawn:  I agree that Thor should be the better fighter. But if we go by experience and length of time fighting than Champion should destroy everyone. But going by what i've seen Cap has to rely on skill unlike Thor. So pound for pound i think Cap takes it.
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Is there anything Thor CAN'T do for you guys? Sheesh. He might have thousands of years of experience in fighting, but all that fighting has consisted of hammer swinging in Asgardian battles, which I highly doubt incorporated much martial arts.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@pooty: i can see where you are coming from but champion may have been fighting for a long time but fighting how necessarily? Just punching around hoping overwhelming strength would suffice? Cap is shown constantly using his skill so its acceptable to say he would win because he has to fight with skill compared to the opponents he faces. Thor hardly ever uses skills since he doesnt have to with most his fights, same reason why i added wolverine to that statement he hardly shows MA skills all the time but he has documented abilities that show he is a master.  

@texasdeathmatch:

Thor even depowered as i shown fought those creatures was depowerd to near mortal levels so he had to rely on skill. Thor has also been trainined in various weapons. 

he showed up lady sif when he was younger.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Thor even picks up caps shield and uses it  when Thor again was depowered.

No Caption Provided

Im not gonna say cap cant win, because in this scenario he can but thor no powers has a shot as well
_Courage_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By _Courage_
@god_spawn: 
That's still nothing compared to some of Cap's feats. Steve is the better fighter.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@_Courage_: 
Cap has more feats based on skill than Thor does, Cap can be argued better because virtually everyone of his showings his skill. Thor hardly has the feats put out to keep up with cap's resume on paper. Cap can win and Thor can win this. It isnt a complete write off for either person.
_Courage_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By _Courage_
@god_spawn: 
Agreed.
TheCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheCrusader

Stalemate. Tie.
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By termiteone4ever

Thor got this . his durability would be the edge here

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By Erik
@termiteone4ever said:
" Thor got this . his durability would be the edge here "
Thor does not have any durability for this thread.  

Rogers wins. 
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pooty
@erik:  well he still has his natural Asgardian physiology which is a few times better than even a perfect human. but nothing Cap can't overcome.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@TheCrusader said:
" Stalemate. Tie. "
How would it be a stalemate? Captain America is a better fighter than Thor whether he has his powers or not...and by miles.It's not even close.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@pooty said:
" @god_spawn:  I agree that Thor should be the better fighter. But if we go by experience and length of time fighting than Champion should destroy everyone. 
Why SHOULD he be the better fighter? People don't know how experience works at all.If someone is being trained by better sources and has had more intense battles with more skilled fighters they will always be a better fighter than someone who simply has experience.Nothing Thor has experienced will prepare him for a fight with Rogers.Thor usually fights POWERFUL characters..not skilled.The same goes for the Champion.He doesn't have any skill feats and most of the characters he has beaten even with the power gem are weaker than him with or without the gem.He doesn't get any props for beating up Adam Warlock,Beta Ray Bill,and other mediocre fighters especially not when using something that makes him the strongest being in the Universe.In actuality Thanos is probably a better fighter than The Champion.Pathetic showings his entire career.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Erik
@pooty said:

" @erik:  well he still has his natural Asgardian physiology which is a few times better than even a perfect human. but nothing Cap can't overcome. "

I am assuming the OP did not know how to phrase it correctly but was going for what I said. He also said that Mjolnir has no energy coming out of it, which I took as it cannot use energy projectile attacks. 
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hellos
@erik said:
" @termiteone4ever said:
Thor does not have any durability for this thread.   Rogers wins.  "

I'd assume he meant Thor's chainmail outfit that can soak up heat from right next to the sun without melting and tank a beating from the Sentry.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Erik
@Hellos said:
" @erik said:
" @termiteone4ever said:
I'd assume he meant Thor's chainmail outfit that can soak up heat from right next to the sun without melting and tank a beating from the Sentry. "
I believe that has a lot to do with Thor's magical endowments that are not present in this thread. His armor gets busted up quite a bit in his ongoing. 
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hellos
@erik said:
" @Hellos said:
" @erik said:
" @termiteone4ever said:
I'd assume he meant Thor's chainmail outfit that can soak up heat from right next to the sun without melting and tank a beating from the Sentry. "
I believe that has a lot to do with Thor's magical endowments that are not present in this thread. His armor gets busted up quite a bit in his ongoing.  "

What magical endowments?  
It's his clothes in general are pretty damn durable, that doesn't stop the Destroy from vaporizing them and yet not denting an OdinForce Thor via visor attack. 
Just generally anything from asgard seems made of "tougher stuff" then what your going to be finding on Cap. 

It's not going to stop the pain from Cap's shield but it will soak up some damage.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Erik
@Hellos:  
Just magical defenses in general such as the Odinforce.  

Obviously he did not have that for the Sentry fight but any Sentry expert cough Vance cough will tell you that Sentry was jobbing like crazy in Siege.  

Generally Asgardian shields are better than Rogers' shield? No. That is not true at all.  

Furthermore, Irom Man has never noted Thor's armor of being impressive stuff but has for Rogers. And yes, the armor Rogers wears does grant him a great deal of protection. 
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pooty
@Vance Astro:  based on the Marvel Handbook Champion has been fighting across the galaxy for years mastering countless styles that most people that we consider "skilled" have never heard of. Champion was taking over entire planets before he even got the power gem just using his billions of years of fighting experience. Likewise before Thor could even lift Mjolnir he was learning from asgards finest on how to fight and defend his self. Steve learned from the US government how to fight. The US government isn't known for H2H combat.  And was frozen therefore not learning any new styles. Champion has conquered entire planets by his fist alone. Most were probably weaker than Champion was. But Steve couldn't defeat a city of regular humans who were attacking him. So Champion and Thor SHOULD   be better fighters. But i go by on panel feats. Thats why i say CA is the better fighter.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By odinforce
i know that thors been trained to h2h with the asgardians, pretty good matchup for a trained supersoldier 

starz007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By starz007

You guys are missing the most important factor:  The fight is taking place on an open field on the American prairies.  Cap's knowledge of America gives him a supreme tactical advantage. 

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pooty
@odinforce:  Captain America lifted Thor's hammer. And Thor has lifted it when depowered as scans on the first page of this thread show.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hellos
@erik said:
" @Hellos:  
Just magical defenses in general such as the Odinforce.  

Obviously he did not have that for the Sentry fight but any Sentry expert cough Vance cough will tell you that Sentry was jobbing like crazy in Siege.   Generally Asgardian shields are better than Rogers' shield? No. That is not true at all.   Furthermore, Irom Man has never noted Thor's armor of being impressive stuff but has for Rogers. And yes, the armor Rogers wears does grant him a great deal of protection.  "

I guess I could see a case for Thor's outfit being magical, since it pops up brand new every time he stamps his stick into the ground and turns into Thor, but I'm not sure if that's going to tie into it's durability.  
In general it's less durable than Thor is, but it seems pretty damn thick to be tanking Machine gun fire or in general hits from the majority of people Thor's fighting these days. 

Well the Odinforce was more so limited to himself and Mjolnir when he used it. It didn't protect his clothes from being vaporized were the Destroyer was blasting him.  
Although I have somewhat my doubts that Thor's cape should have burned up as easily as it did, his cape has been in the heart stars before. 

Well it depends, Sentry back in the day was stalemating with Genis and apparently letting out planet destroying force while both holding back and stablizing cosmic cubes on his own for a little bit.  
Seige Sentry was getting tossed away like a ragdoll by Thor's punch, till the Void took over and essentially was taking Thor's hits without a problem slowly turning voidish and making Thor bleed. Although if Void/ Sentry was shorta stuck in CIS as to why he didn't kill everyone with his power set. 

To be fair, Asgardian Shield aren't probably made of vibranium(Nothing in Agard is) and don't have anywhere close to some of the absurd feats Steve's shield has. 

Does Tony need to remark how awsome Thor is really?  
Honestly, he could be buck naked and be the most durable thing on the Avengers Roster. 

I certaintly didn't mean to downplay Roger's outfit, I was just pointing out Thor's has better feats.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By odinforce
@pooty: yeah sorry, i didnt wanna read everything before i posted, too lazy. 

yeah and i knew about the cap lifting thor's hammer aready
weaponxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By weaponxxx

Steve definitely wins this fight but Thor does have serious Asgardian fight training behind him. He isn't exactly a slouch when it comes to hand to hand.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By PowerHerc

Captain America defeats a non-powered Thor
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@pooty said:

" @Vance Astro:  based on the Marvel Handbook Champion has been fighting across the galaxy for years mastering countless styles that most people that we consider "skilled" have never heard of. Champion was taking over entire planets before he even got the power gem just using his billions of years of fighting experience. Likewise before Thor could even lift Mjolnir he was learning from asgards finest on how to fight and defend his self. Steve learned from the US government how to fight. The US government isn't known for H2H combat.  And was frozen therefore not learning any new styles. Champion has conquered entire planets by his fist alone. Most were probably weaker than Champion was. But Steve couldn't defeat a city of regular humans who were attacking him. So Champion and Thor SHOULD   be better fighters. But i go by on panel feats. Thats why i say CA is the better fighter. "

1.The Champion should be a better fighter NOT Thor.Mastering styles across galaxies is alot different than being a master of jack sh#t and having no notable skilled opponents.
2.The Champion taking over planets has nothing to do with fighting skill. 
3.You don't need to tell me Thor's history I've read literally hundreds of his books.His best depictions of a training are from his teenage years.He's done little to nothing since.
4.Asgards finest? The best fighter in Asgard isn't even as good as characters Rogers trained. 
5.The U.S Government isn't known for h2h combat? In Marvel they are? Since were bringing up the Marvel Handbook several character rated higher than Thor have had only military training. 
6.Steve couldn't defeat a city of regular humans? Wanna bet? 
7.Experience doesn't mean anything in comics unless you've had the right training and experience(s) to back it.Fighting Frost Giants, Loki, Trolls and other monsters doesn't get you the experience you need to be more skilled than a martial artist such as Captain America.
coSmic_cUbeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By coSmic_cUbeR
@EddieTheHead666 said:
"
T    The God of Thunder      vs The Super Soldier Thor has no powers for this fight, both are allowed their armour  and signiature weapons for this fiight (Milonjir has no energy coming out of it.)  And the fight is taking place in open plain in the American Prairies. So, who do think would win? "
captain will bow to thor
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Vance Astro said:
" @pooty said:
" @Vance Astro:  based on the Marvel Handbook Champion has been fighting across the galaxy for years mastering countless styles that most people that we consider "skilled" have never heard of. Champion was taking over entire planets before he even got the power gem just using his billions of years of fighting experience. Likewise before Thor could even lift Mjolnir he was learning from asgards finest on how to fight and defend his self. Steve learned from the US government how to fight. The US government isn't known for H2H combat.  And was frozen therefore not learning any new styles. Champion has conquered entire planets by his fist alone. Most were probably weaker than Champion was. But Steve couldn't defeat a city of regular humans who were attacking him. So Champion and Thor SHOULD   be better fighters. But i go by on panel feats. Thats why i say CA is the better fighter. "
1.The Champion should be a better fighter NOT Thor.Mastering styles across galaxies is alot different than being a master of jack sh#t and having no notable skilled opponents.2.The Champion taking over planets has nothing to do with fighting skill. 3.You don't need to tell me Thor's history I've read literally hundreds of his books.His best depictions of a training are from his teenage years.He's done little to nothing since.4.Asgards finest? The best fighter in Asgard isn't even as good as characters Rogers trained. 5.The U.S Government isn't known for h2h combat? In Marvel they are? Since were bringing up the Marvel Handbook several character rated higher than Thor have had only military training. 6.Steve couldn't defeat a city of regular humans? Wanna bet? "
Hahaha I don't understand why people are underestimating Steve's fighting ability just because he's human. He led the Avengers for a reason.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hellos
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @pooty said:
1.The Champion should be a better fighter NOT Thor.Mastering styles across galaxies is alot different than being a master of jack sh#t and having no notable skilled opponents.2.The Champion taking over planets has nothing to do with fighting skill. 3.You don't need to tell me Thor's history I've read literally hundreds of his books.His best depictions of a training are from his teenage years.He's done little to nothing since.4.Asgards finest? The best fighter in Asgard isn't even as good as characters Rogers trained. 5.The U.S Government isn't known for h2h combat? In Marvel they are? Since were bringing up the Marvel Handbook several character rated higher than Thor have had only military training. 6.Steve couldn't defeat a city of regular humans? Wanna bet? "
Hahaha I don't understand why people are underestimating Steve's fighting ability just because he's human. He led the Avengers for a reason. "

Fighting ability  =/= Leaderships/Tactician
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Hellos: I know it doesn't, I'm just saying how come he always taught other members how to fight, not Thor?
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Hellos
@texasdeathmatch said:

" @Hellos: I know it doesn't, I'm just saying how come he always taught other members how to fight, not Thor? "

Thor's taught individuals how to fight I believe:  

And I'm not entirely sure it would be a good idea to spar with Thor. =P  
Edit::
I should probably add here, Steve's still in reasonable range of physical stats, if Thor's going to be teaching anyone he should depowered during the process.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @Hellos: I know it doesn't, I'm just saying how come he always taught other members how to fight, not Thor? "
Thor has taught other characters fight.The difference is alot of characters trained by Cap are actually top level fighters with feats to back it.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hellos

Makes me wonder if Donald Blakes ability to fight counts as Thor's training? 

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Vance Astro said:
" @texasdeathmatch said:
Thor has taught other characters fight.The difference is alot of characters trained by Cap are actually top level fighters with feats to back it. "
That's kinda what I'm saying I guess. The fighters he's trained are actually good, where as that scan with Thor looks like some strange adult man/young boy bonding montage.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Hellos
@texasdeathmatch said:
"That's kinda what I'm saying I guess. The fighters he's trained are actually good, where as that scan with Thor looks like some strange adult man/young boy bonding montage. "

It's him training someone. Better then the off panel training featurettes Mary Jane and Spidey were supposed to have gotten from Caps. =P