The take on Darth Vader vs Doctor Doom

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Grimlock78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Grimlock78

I was reading opinions on the Darth Vader vs Doctor Doom battle. My take is that Doom slightly comes out on top. But Vader doesnt just get romped. I think several people dont realize that the force has other powers besdies TK and mind control, and dont forget that it is also emtionally based. Energy Absorbtion is a Force based power.

Doctor Doom has more firepower via, technology and mystical arts and is well defended. Vader has nothing that can penrate Doom's armor or sheilds,intionally. Dont forget that the force works in very sublte ways, Vader maybe able to at least temporarly knock Doom's shields and take him out with the lightsaber, if Vader can get close enough. Vader can block Doom's attacks by the lighsaber, or TK. The outcome draw.

Here is the my take on it. Doom realizes he as a fight aginst Vader. Vader has managed to block or deflect all of his attacks. Vader falls back realizing that his lightsaber cannot penerate Doom's Shields. Vader concentrates on the force, feeling out for ways to defeat Doom. Dont forget the Force is emtionally based. But Doom will not fall. Realizing that Vader must not be allowed analyze the situation, Doom unleashes his full fury that Vader cannot defend against. Doom rips into Vader's armor. Realizing that he is nearly defeated, Vader absorbs alot of the energy ripping through him and concerntrates on the force to keep him alive, (his TK not strong enough to deflect most of Dooms onslought but enough to keep him alive.) This were Vader draws deep into himself, concentrating on his rage and drawing on the power of the Dark Side. As Doom stands triumphant, Vader unleashes all of the energy absorbed and his anger through the Dark SIde into one gigantic TK blast that knocks out all Doom's defeanses. A lesser oponent would fall to a quick stab of a TK thrust Lightsaber and fall before Vader. But Doom will realize that he is vunerable quickly before Vader can react a second time. Hands down Doom wins, but Vader manages to stay alive by severly damaging Dooms; armor to the point that he could not deliver the killing blow.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Floopay

@Grimlock78 said:

I was reading opinions on the Darth Vader vs Doctor Doom battle. My take is that Doom slightly comes out on top. But Vader doesnt just get romped. I think several people dont realize that the force has other powers besdies TK and mind control, and dont forget that it is also emtionally based. Energy Absorbtion is a Force based power.

Doctor Doom has more firepower via, technology and mystical arts and is well defended. Vader has nothing that can penrate Doom's armor or sheilds,intionally. Dont forget that the force works in very sublte ways, Vader maybe able to at least temporarly knock Doom's shields and take him out with the lightsaber, if Vader can get close enough. Vader can block Doom's attacks by the lighsaber, or TK. The outcome draw.

Here is the my take on it. Doom realizes he as a fight aginst Vader. Vader has managed to block or deflect all of his attacks. Vader falls back realizing that his lightsaber cannot penerate Doom's Shields. Vader concentrates on the force, feeling out for ways to defeat Doom. Dont forget the Force is emtionally based. But Doom will not fall. Realizing that Vader must not be allowed analyze the situation, Doom unleashes his full fury that Vader cannot defend against. Doom rips into Vader's armor. Realizing that he is nearly defeated, Vader absorbs alot of the energy ripping through him and concerntrates on the force to keep him alive, (his TK not strong enough to deflect most of Dooms onslought but enough to keep him alive.) This were Vader draws deep into himself, concentrating on his rage and drawing on the power of the Dark Side. As Doom stands triumphant, Vader unleashes all of the energy absorbed and his anger through the Dark SIde into one gigantic TK blast that knocks out all Doom's defeanses. A lesser oponent would fall to a quick stab of a TK thrust Lightsaber and fall before Vader. But Doom will realize that he is vunerable quickly before Vader can react a second time. Hands down Doom wins, but Vader manages to stay alive by severly damaging Dooms; armor to the point that he could not deliver the killing blow.

One big flaw that I think many people fail to remember. Vader is a Cyborg, and that lightsaber of his is also technology. Tech is something Doom can hack into via his armor. The only instances I can remember him doing this in was in his fight against Tony Stark in a classic Avengers comic. I'll have to see if I can't find the scan, because there are a few instances of Tony hacking Doom, but only one instance of Doom hacking Tony.

Doom could very well disable a good portion of Vader's body (including his respirator), and leave him pretty vulnerable. Though the force would still be usable, it'd put a huge damper on his mental state, and put him at a severe disadvantage.

I think Vader could win, but I'd put my money on Doom more often than not, he has more means of winning.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Grimlock78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Grimlock78

Floopay very good point, Doom can really disable Vader that way. Doom would win as long as his ego doesnt get involved, Dooms ego can get him trouble with the sublte ways the Force can be used. Given prep time Dooms wins hands down I think. Honestly I hate to choose, love both of these characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Vader would sense his power early and not screw around, crush Doom into a Ball with a Force Choke. No doubt in my mind Vader is walking away with the win and severe damage...but still a win.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

This has been done to death already. Flagged for being a duplicate thread.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_

Sorry, but this has already been done.