deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hive...
Hive...

• Simply put, who is the strongest character that MCU/Agents of Shield Hive can defeat with his abilities?
  • Let's assume that not only does Hive possess the memories and personality of his current host (Grant Ward), but his skillset as well.
  • Characters will have standard gear/equipment.
  • The starting distance is approximately 20 meters and visible.
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

Does the character have standard gear, or are they unarmed? Starting distance is also a factor.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I see him taking Cap, Bucky, and Black Panther. I'm not sure about how his parasitic one shot thing would effect Hulk though, and he'd also take Daisy Lincoln, Lash, and basically any other inhuman due to his ability to control them.

Tanin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does the character have standard gear, or are they unarmed? Starting distance is also a factor.

I'll put those in the OP, gimme a second.

js_the_beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He probably does possess their skillset. And he should beat every human on the avengers. If his power can go inside tech then Iron man and bp are out too.If it works on hulk then he's out too. But I don't think it would affect thor as he's asgardian.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogueshadow  Moderator

Can't wait to see Hive's true form in full. We'll probably have to wait until the finale.

At this distance assuming there is no cover to break down the gap, anybody more skilled in ranged combat would take him out... but Ward is pretty damn good at gunplay.

If he can close the gap, then it depends on exactly how fast acting those parasites are. Let's say he starts absorbing Bobbi for example and she cracked Hive in the face with her batons, would that stop the process? Then it would just be Bobbi vs Ward. That said, it's probably not likely normal humans like Bobbi wouldn't be able to do that, the parasites strip/biodegrade people pretty damn fast and seemed to cause searing agony instantly I think up close, any regular human is probably buggered.

So then if you move to people who have proven heightened durability/density like Deathlok or Captain America might have significantly increased resistance, he'd have to move quick, but I think he could take Hive down. Someone like Luke Cage would probably have ample time to rip Hive's head off.

I'd say he could take out most Inhumans bar Daisy given the distance and his Inhuman controlling parasites. Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Nobu etc.

OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Francis/Ajax (Deadpool)

:P

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's lacking in any real combat feats against anything that's not an inhuman or a base human. I'd say Hive could wipe the floor with any inhuman, any base human, but he'd have major trouble with film fodder like

• Dark Elves
  • Extremis Soldiers
  • Ultron-Bots

A good match, whom I'd like to see him against would be Carl Creel aka Absorbing Man.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is hive possessing Ward a spoiler? Your gif in the OP literally has Ward in it.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Isn't he a continent buster by statements?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@thesuperor: no, he is stated to responsible for wiping out a civilization and being responsible for the planet being a desert, but the idea seems to be more that they wiped each other due to his influence. He aparently widened a canyon though.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergeant-rl3: why would he have trouble with fodder if Inhumans are beyond more powerful than that

@wf_mxyzptlk: dangit I was gonna say that

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is hive possessing Ward a spoiler? Your gif in the OP literally has Ward in it.

Hmm? What? I've got no idea what you're talking about :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration

Hive beats out Inhumans because He's able to mindcontrol them with via biological means it's a special case. Hive still fodderized base humans, but without more combat or strength feats, there's little to suggest he could hang with post-humans like extremis soldiers, or mechanical foes like the Ultron-bots

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not quite clear yet, but the preview for episode 19 seems to show Hive trading blows with a Kree, implying he might have heightened strength and durability, albeit the later not to the point of being bulletproof.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stahlflamme

Bump, since Hive actually fought someone now.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't think of anyone shy of someone on Loki's tier beating him. The guy's on par physically with a Kree, has solid CQC skills, has a ton of blunt force durability, and has a healing factor better than Wolverine and Deadpool's. Guns won't work on him, arrows won't work, heck even rocket launcher type weapons didn't even do lasting damage. And then of course there's always the flesh disintegration he can perform on his opponent.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now...Hive beats a lot of damn people after last night.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: He seemed to have significantly more trouble eating the flesh of that kree, so we can assume people with higher durability could resist him.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nfactor1995
Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

jao48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jao48

@stahlflamme said:

@nfactor1995: He seemed to have significantly more trouble eating the flesh of that kree, so we can assume people with higher durability could resist him.

I'd say the kree is equal in durability to Captain, Bucky, and Drax, while he would take a huge advantage over Jessica, that's got KO'd by a stick. Hive would definitly beat these above, BP (better stregth and combat skills), Spider Man (better regeneration feats, loses in strength but holds the fight with his skills and hurts Peter with the parasites), and maybe Tony (Scott entered his suit, and he wasn't so small). He could easily kill any Chitauri or Dark Elves (they have flesh), but extremis soldiers and Ultron bots would be a problem.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AngelJax

A lot of mid-tiers, a few high-tiers basically he beats anyone that doesn't have a counter to being devoured.