The Kindly Ones vs Spectre

silver_archer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silver_archer

Okay, so lets say Spectre does something that pisses off the Furies/Kindly Ones from the Sandman universe. They come to attack him for his wrong doing. Can they do it?

Rules:

Kindly Ones from the Sandman Universe.

All out battle. No morals or prep.

Takes place in a random alternate universe.

Fight to the death/blinking out of existence or whatever.

Round 1

Corrigan Spectre (of course no COIE amp or anything like that).

Round 2

Day of Vengeance Spectre

Superman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who are the kindly ones?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Considering what they can do even to most of the Endless, I am going with the Furies.

Who are the kindly ones?

From the Sandman books they are (in this shape) the Furies, sort of God-like punishers for abstracts and gods. The bonus about them is that they are essentially every triple-goddess in every belief system there is, they are Hecate, the Moriae, the Norns, the Fates and so on.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Spectre punishes people too. On top of that he is God's wrath.

I think Spectre beats them because fact that the Kindly Ones are mostly featless mostly due to the fact that the Kindly Ones weren't really truly flashed out on how powerful they are, and their biggest feat of "killing" Dream wasn't actually a feat itself because Dream wanted to die as he felt guilty for killing his son. And Death heavily implies that if Dream wanted, he could have beaten the Furies and this would've all blown over. She states that the Dreaming has been taken away from Dream once and that he regained it so he could've just gotten the Dreaming back and then banished or made the Furies stop harping on him. In the end, the Furies never, killed Dream and it was Death's touch that ended it all.

Knowing this, I would safely put the Kindly Ones underneath the Endless in terms of overall power and function. I don't think Spectre is on the Endless level too though if you ask me.

Here is the proof and Death was the one who actually killed Dream.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5 JediXMan  Moderator

Not really sure. I feel like it's implied throughout the Kindly Ones arc that Morpheus' downfall is his obedience to the rules. He wouldn't even break Thassaly's circle, even though he physically could have; he was just respecting the rules. Likewise, Death was more powerful than the Furies, who fled when she showed anger - and ultimately, it was all in Death's control, who was bound by the rules.

The most noteworthy feat was the Furies' destruction of parts of the Dreaming. But I'm not convinced that they were actually stronger than any of the Endless; just that the Endless are bound by rules, while the Furies - mostly - are not.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@jedixman: It seemed heavily implied during Death and Dream's little banter before he willingly decided to die that Dream most likely could have stopped the Furies but decided to stick with the rules and thus let Death kill him with her touch.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Superman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@jedixman said:

Not really sure. I feel like it's implied throughout the Kindly Ones arc that Morpheus' downfall is his obedience to the rules. He wouldn't even break Thassaly's circle, even though he physically could have; he was just respecting the rules. Likewise, Death was more powerful than the Furies, who fled when she showed anger - and ultimately, it was all in Death's control, who was bound by the rules.

The most noteworthy feat was the Furies' destruction of parts of the Dreaming. But I'm not convinced that they were actually stronger than any of the Endless; just that the Endless are bound by rules, while the Furies - mostly - are not.

Actually, the Furies were bound by rules since they could do nothing to Morpheus before he killed his son. However, they dont appear above bending the rules if they want to.

Regarding whenever they are more powerful than the Endless or not... I'd say the only one stronger than them is Death, while true that Dream could have fought them, I dont think it would have mattered in terms of the result... just that more of the Dreaming would have suffered for it.