shamgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By shamgar

Barry Allen vs Wally West

who is the right full one to be called the fastest man alive?

crap! i spelled the post title wrong sorry guys?
Post Edited:2007-04-21 14:44:12

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Because of his connection with the Speed Force, Wally is faster than Barry.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#3  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I think he could. The whole thing may just be a way to make him faster/better than his predecessor. I want to see what sort of new speed force tricks he picks up.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Prodigal Son

Buckshot says:

"Because of his connection with the Speed Force, Wally is faster than Barry."

I agree, but not to drag us totally off topic, do you think that Bart is going to end up faster since he's got the whole "Speed Force on the inside" thing going on?

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Prodigal Son

Buckshot says:

"I think he could. The whole thing may just be a way to make him faster/better than his predecessor. I want to see what sort of new speed force tricks he picks up."

Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers that the writers are actually going to be rather creative instead of just using it as a gimmick.

Bane_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bane_delete

HA! no way wally just a kid,no I am the fastest man alive!

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Satyrquaze

Wally supassed Barry in almost every measurable way. He was only lacking in the scientific knowledge area. Wally, without a doubt.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Rotten gun

i bet $100 that the flash is faster than the flash (dissclaimer; im broke so bets off)

Bane_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bane_delete

wally has the speed force but but i know that the speed force shortains your life.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Barry Allen is the Speed Force, right? So, how can Wally West be closer to the Speed Force than the person that is the Speed Force?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Pretty sure Wally is faster.

I'm just curious: who's older now? Barry died when Wally was a kid. Now Wally is an adult and Barry appears to be the same age that he was when he died.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By Zoom
@JediXMan said:

"Pretty sure Wally is faster.  I'm just curious: who's older now? Barry died when Wally was a kid. Now Wally is an adult and Barry appears to be the same age that he was when he died. "

Look at Batman and Nightwing, Wonder Woman and Donna Troy, Green Arrow and Red Arrow.  Each mentor used to be about 15 years older.  Now they're all look about 2 years older.  That's just the world of the Titans.  We want to see our kid heroes grow up with us but we don't want our adult heroes getting old and retiring.  The age gap narrowing is the consequence.

Personally, I don't mind seeing characters like Batman, Green Arrow and Barry Allen get older but hey DC doesn't agree with me.  In Barry's case, time travel helped his wife stay very young which is pretty convenient eh?

@DedmanWalkin

said:

"Barry Allen is the Speed Force, right? So, how can Wally West be closer to the Speed Force than the person that is the Speed Force? "

Barry isn't the speedforce.  Lightning striking a bunch of chemicals created the speedforce....retroactively.

Barry just happened to be there so he got speed powers at the time. 

There's probably some more explanation that Johns'll retcon in because actually explaining it makes the whole thing sound stupid.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By reactor
@DedmanWalkin said:
" Barry Allen is the Speed Force, right? So, how can Wally West be closer to the Speed Force than the person that is the Speed Force? "
I think you got Barry confused with Bart. Bart essentially became the Speed Force, not Barry.

@JediXMan said:
" Pretty sure Wally is faster.  I'm just curious: who's older now? Barry died when Wally was a kid. Now Wally is an adult and Barry appears to be the same age that he was when he died. "
Good question. For the sake of continuity (for what it's worth in the world of comics) I'd assume Barry was still older. I see Wally as being in his mid-to-late 20's while Barry in his mid-to-late 30's. But I don't really know.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Reactor said:  
@JediXMan said:
" Pretty sure Wally is faster.  I'm just curious: who's older now? Barry died when Wally was a kid. Now Wally is an adult and Barry appears to be the same age that he was when he died. "
Good question. For the sake of continuity (for what it's worth in the world of comics) I'd assume Barry was still older. I see Wally as being in his mid-to-late 20's while Barry in his mid-to-late 30's. But I don't really know. "
Well, the question is: how long ago was the Crisis? Did they mention an anniversary of Barry's death during Final Crisis? That's an important factor.
batfan1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batfan1939

The way I see it, Barry was as fast as Superman, and Wally is infinitely faster. Of course, this is simply an incongruency caused by COIE, but that's really the cleanest way to canon-ize it. Also, I don't think that Barry was ever slowed down by Wally as Kid Flash (though the comics made it clear that Barry had better CONTROL of his powers, e.g. when Wally would pass through an object, causing said object to subsequently explode), and you would expect his powers to grow as he got older. If Wally equalled Barry before, I guess that means he'd rival him now!

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MKF30

Wally's faster then Barry but would be close, I am looking forward to that Bart Allen story...perhaps up his levels of speed! I'd love to see him become the fastest at some point!