The Flash vs Sentry, Thor, and Gladiator

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By LubeMan

@Lady_Liberty said:

As such Sentry blitzing Thor is pretty much irrelevant.

That's it? Just because you say so? A feat is presented, and then dismissed as irrelevant, but that's not possible for Wally, cause, every things relevant?

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By ToO_RaW

lol. I love how people low-ball characters when put up against Flash.

Get over it folks. Flash would lose 1v1 to any of these guys. You never see Flash going up against beings like The Serpent or Ego the living planet.

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By LubeMan

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@LubeMan said:

@jackofspades said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

@jackofspades: Blitzing Thor isn't that much of a speed feet lol.

dont change up now you said sentry has no speed and i just showed you he does,blitzing is blitzing

Indeed, correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't he speed blitz Thor in Siege. for the record, obviously not on par with flash, both Sentry & Glads have SS, and even Thor has a certain amount, not on pair with the other two!

yeah, but Wolverine has gotten the better of Thor speed wise, blitzing Thor really isn't much, Wally can still avoid them and land blows at the same time, stealing speed is in character id imagine, its just rare. Same with Speedforce dump, but isn't BFR not allowed? anyway, Sentry isn't fast enough to tag flash, neither is Thor or Gladiator. Because he's in character he'd probably just slow down for them and let them hit him.

Team wins due to CIS

For the record, I know out of the the group, Thor lacks any SS compared to the others on the playing field, i'm not trying to defend him there. To say that between the three of them, they can't work together between their combined powers that they don't have a chance against Wally, just my personal opinion, is ludicrous, but that's just me.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By lady_liberty

@LubeMan: I felt like I was pretty clear but let me rephrase just in case there was confusion. Blitzing a character with Thor's speed feats isn't a feat that does anything for you in a battle against the Flash.

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By LubeMan

@Lady_Liberty said:

@LubeMan: I felt like I was pretty clear but let me rephrase just in case there was confusion. Blitzing a character with Thor's speed feats isn't a feat that does anything for you in a battle against the Flash.

So a blitz isn't a blitz, it's relevent on who they're blitzing? So a blitz on, say Superman, is relevant, but on the Hulk, it's irrelevent?

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By jackofspades

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@LubeMan said:

@jackofspades said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

@jackofspades: Blitzing Thor isn't that much of a speed feet lol.

dont change up now you said sentry has no speed and i just showed you he does,blitzing is blitzing

Indeed, correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't he speed blitz Thor in Siege. for the record, obviously not on par with flash, both Sentry & Glads have SS, and even Thor has a certain amount, not on pair with the other two!

yeah, but Wolverine has gotten the better of Thor speed wise, blitzing Thor really isn't much, Wally can still avoid them and land blows at the same time, stealing speed is in character id imagine, its just rare. Same with Speedforce dump, but isn't BFR not allowed? anyway, Sentry isn't fast enough to tag flash, neither is Thor or Gladiator. Because he's in character he'd probably just slow down for them and let them hit him.

Team wins due to CIS

have you learn to talk like a man if not tell it to somebody else

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By jackofspades

@Lady_Liberty said:

@LubeMan: @jackofspades: Thor has struggled with Quicksilver's speed, I believe he was forced to use an AoE attack against him. That level of speed compared to the Wally is a non factor.

As such Sentry blitzing Thor is pretty much irrelevant.

well with that logic then most of wally feats you cant use here because wally blitz alot of people without speed too

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@LubeMan said:

For the record, I know out of the the group, Thor lacks any SS compared to the others on the playing field, i'm not trying to defend him there. To say that between the three of them, they can't work together between their combined powers that they don't have a chance against Wally, just my personal opinion, is ludicrous, but that's just me.

Unless you can show me they have speed feats on par with Wally, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

@jackofspades said:

have you learn to talk like a man if not tell it to somebody else

First of all...

Can you even define this little term of yours? What exactly is "talk like a man" even supposed to mean? Talk like a man? Really?

Second.

Do you need me to remind you how I owned you in that other thread after you derailed the sh*t out of it, talking like you know me, you still don't get it, it's past your bed time....talk like a man, lol. What a joke

Third,

what are you even talking about? I wasn't even talking to you, can you read bro? did you graduate from junior high yet? Do I need to quote myself and highlight/bold things for you or type them in heading 4? You really are making yourself look foolish lately, like I said, go to bed. after a good nights sleep and some cereal, you should have a leveled head, talk to me when you straighten your sh*t out.

LordMasterGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By LordMasterGod

there comes a point when speed will only get you but so far.

this is it.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By jackofspades

@Ancient_0f_Days: i see you have not

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@jackofspades: good for you.....

anyway...

@LordMasterGod said:

this is it.

Explain

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jackofspades

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

anyway...

AND HE KEEPS TRYING

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@jackofspades: this is my last message to you...like I said before, you aren't worth my time. So I'll confirm that ......... also

Trolling

Let me start of by explaining what trolling actually is! Trolling is a user who posts to incite flame wars and continues to post in a manner that is offensive or posting something that has nothing to do with the thread. Baiting other users into an argument and continuing that argument in hopes of offending that user or the community. As such this is not allowed on comicvine and will be dealt with according to the comcvine guide lines! again if you can not debate civilly and with out trying to ignite a flame war then comicvine is not the site for you.

done...

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jackofspades

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@jackofspades: this is my last message to you...like I said before, you aren't worth my time. So I'll confirm that ......... also

Trolling

Let me start of by explaining what trolling actually is! Trolling is a user who posts to incite flame wars and continues to post in a manner that is offensive or posting something that has nothing to do with the thread. Baiting other users into an argument and continuing that argument in hopes of offending that user or the community. As such this is not allowed on comicvine and will be dealt with according to the comcvine guide lines! again if you can not debate civilly and with out trying to ignite a flame war then comicvine is not the site for you.

done...

so you know the rules and still ignore them wow

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Malevolent1

I could see Wally taking out the other two...

But not Bob. The result of the uber super-soldier serum Bob imbibed as a teenager in combination with a "photosynthetic reaction to sunlight which allows to step an instant ahead of the current time-line...". This means speed steal is out on the Sentry. Speed steal is completely ineffective on a guy whose molecules are..."an instant ahead of the current timeline". Re-read the Sentry's '05 mini. I forgot just how powerful the guy is. Broke every bone in Hulk's body as the Void. As the Sentry (which, incidentally, is NOT the real Bob....the Void is Bob...the Sentry is a hard light construct...a projection of Robert Reynolds subconscious...an ultra Jiminy Cricket of sorts....), he literally took out Terrax with one hand, one shotted Attuma and broke through...that's right...I said broke through...Dr Strange's auto shields. Dude's a beast. He re-integrated himself after being de-molecularized by Owen Reese and came back from being BFR'd in time by Morgan LeFay.

Not in a million years does Wally take out the Sentry.

Sentry solos.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#66  Edited By Saren

.....why do people keep attributing Void's powers and feats to Sentry in every single thread where the OP says Sentry doesn't have the Void? Seriously? Is it really that hard to read?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Malevolent1 said:

But not Bob. The result of the uber super-soldier serum Bob imbibed as a teenager in combination with a "photosynthetic reaction to sunlight which allows to step an instant ahead of the current time-line...". This means speed steal is out on the Sentry. Speed steal is completely ineffective on a guy whose molecules are..."an instant ahead of the current timeline". Re-read the Sentry's '05 mini. I forgot just how powerful the guy is. Broke every bone in Hulk's body as the Void. As the Sentry (which, incidentally, is NOT the real Bob....the Void is Bob...the Sentry is a hard light construct...a projection of Robert Reynolds subconscious...an ultra Jiminy Cricket of sorts....), he literally took out Terrax with one hand, one shotted Attuma and broke through...that's right...I said broke through...Dr Strange's auto shields. Dude's a beast. He re-integrated himself after being de-molecularized by Owen Reese and came back from being BFR'd in time by Morgan LeFay.

Sentry solos.

read the comment above this one

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Ddecourt

@Lady_Liberty: Idk where you've seen Thor struggling with Pietro cause, he pretty easily stopped a moving Quicksilver and also claimed to have fought foes who are faster than him. Also he could visually detect objects that move at fantastic speeds, This has been shown when he saw Hermes running at a great speed and was visually able to keep up with him.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Ddecourt said:

@Lady_Liberty: Idk where you've seen Thor struggling with Pietro cause, he pretty easily stopped a moving Quicksilver and also claimed to have fought foes who are faster than him. Also he could visually detect objects that move at fantastic speeds, This has been shown when he saw Hermes running at a great speed and was visually able to keep up with him.

problem is, most of thors other feats involving reaction speed are horrendous, besides that time he caught that nude chick

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Malevolent1

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Malevolent1 said:

Sentry solos.

read the comment above this one

No problem. Read the feats attributed to the Sentry. Take away "The Void's" feats and Wally still gets smoked.

In whose the whiner up there?

Boo-hoo. He didn't read the OP. Boo-hoo.

Good God.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Malevolent1: Nice flame....

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Malevolent1

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Okay. I'll rephrase.

Wow. I seem to have offended someone terribly because I failed to read the OP all the way.

I am so terribly sorry.

My deepest apologies. I promise I will read all OP's in their entirety in the future so as not to offend any Viner's in the future, because, God knows, no one one on the Vine has ever done that before.

I feel so terrible.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By jackofspades

@Malevolent1 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Okay. I'll rephrase.

Wow. I seem to have offended someone terribly because I failed to read the OP all the way.

I am so terribly sorry.

My deepest apologies. I promise I will read all OP's in their entirety in the future so as not to offend any Viner's in the future, because, God knows, no one one on the Vine has ever done that before.

I feel so terrible.

lol thats funny and so true

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Malevolent1

@jackofspades said:

@Malevolent1 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Okay. I'll rephrase.

I am so terribly sorry.

I feel so terrible.

*chuckles*

I do feel really bad.

No worries. Easily remedied by my chocolate shake from McDonald's.

It's okay everyone. Malevolent's okay!

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DocFatalis

@Malevolent1 said:

Sentry solos.

My thoughts exactly.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jackofspades

@Malevolent1 said:

@jackofspades said:

@Malevolent1 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Okay. I'll rephrase.

I am so terribly sorry.

I feel so terrible.

*chuckles*

I do feel really bad.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

I'll hunt these trolls 10 hours from now...........

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Malevolent1

@DocFatalis said:

@Malevolent1 said:

Sentry solos.

My thoughts exactly.

It's so funny. I've bee short selling this guy around here. I just...absolutely forgot...how powerful the guy is, until I started rummaging through some of my comics a few weeks ago and found the '05 mini. The fact that so many Marvel heroes were gathered to contain him should have been my first clue.

Actually would love to see Marvel bring this character back in all his ambivalent glory (along with my Kurse, Tyrant, Morg wishlist *sigh*)

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Malevolent1

@jackofspades said:

@Malevolent1 said:

@jackofspades said:

@Malevolent1 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Okay. I'll rephrase.

I am so terribly sorry.

I feel so terrible.

*chuckles*

I do feel really bad.

LOL!! Dude that is awesome!

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Dredeuced

Wally doesn't stand a chance in character. He wouldn't resort to speed stealing and heavy hitting until the fight was already over. He only ever uses his best powers when he's still conscious and pushed to the brink (vs amazo, zum, inertia etc).

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By NeonGameWave

Team should win.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Bo88gdan

Team wins

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#83  Edited By Pyrogram

Team destroys him so easy.

Charlie_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Charlie_Jade

@Schlampe said:

@Charlie_Jade said:

@The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

Team stomps

Most people on this Vine will say, it's the other way around.

One punch and Flash will end up in orbit.
@spawn_obsessed said:

"

This is a fight not a race"

exactly!

speed can only get you so far in battles

Flash can only annoy Superman, Darkseid, Surfer etc like a bee buzzing around a human annoying him

eventually Flash gets swatted

some stupid eco activist posted a ut youtube video about hunting killings vs ivory on youtube

it showed chained elephants going crazy and killing their owner

the video is disturbing to watch but it gives you a sense in the difference of power

people running around an elephant hitting it with things can only annoy the beast

Once the elephant tags the person they are dead

This is the difference in power - the same for Flash vs Superman

Flash can only annoy Superman

that's all

Superman vs Flash is a long fight

Flash is fast but Supes has durability to soak a lot from Flash

Ranked 1-7 here's how I rank Flash in K4tzm4n's thread

The Flash

Intelligence: 4-

Strength: 3

Speed: 7-

Damage Soak: 4-

Telekenesis Psionics - 1

Agility - 3

Energy Projection - 2

Fighting Ability- 3

Doing a ranking system in the DC thread,

that's how I would rank Flash out of seven

They would be wrong. >_>

Flash dies

3 top tiers is spite

I feel like this logic is flawed. The whole "Speed will only get you so far and annoy" thing.

its true

Flash is powerful but speed only gets him so far

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#85  Edited By nickthedevil

Flash so easily.

Charlie_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Charlie_Jade

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

anyway...

@LordMasterGod said:

this is it.

Explain

One little finger flick from Superman

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By xeon1cs

@Charlie_Jade said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

anyway...

@LordMasterGod said:

this is it.

Explain

You know that's not Wally, right?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Dredeuced

@Charlie_Jade said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

anyway...

@LordMasterGod said:

this is it.

Explain

You don't even know which Flash you're talking about, stop posting in these threads trying to discredit Wally's abilities while posting Barry Allen feats from a reset universe, lol.

Charlie_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Charlie_Jade

Wally and Barry have approximately the same durability

I know there's a lot of PIS involved in some battles like Deathstroke but a number street levelers under the correct situation can tag Wally and they have hurt Wally bad

Wonder Woman has legitimately tagged Wally and she has a lower top speed than Supes

There's a reason Wally never makes any top10 ranking but characters like Superman and Thor do

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team wins

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#91  Edited By Saren

Hoboseid knows that's not Wally, but when has a tiny little thing like accuracy ever come in the way of him and his love for out of context scans?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Dredeuced

@Charlie_Jade said:

Wally and Barry have approximately the same durability

I know there's a lot of PIS involved in some battles like Deathstroke but a number street levelers under the correct situation can tag Wally and they have hurt Wally bad

Wonder Woman has legitimately tagged Wally and she has a lower top speed than Supes

There's a reason Wally never makes any top10 ranking but characters like Superman and Thor do

Yeah, popularity rankings, ahur. Wally crushes Superman, dude has outright had his speed stolen. Wally and Barry don't have "about" the same durability, because Wally is durable enough to tank literally THOUSANDS of hits from Zoom in under a second (you know, that guy who hits harder than Superman because his punches are all high mass punches?) -- not to mention that New-52 Barry doesn't have old Barry's durability feats, and EVEN IF he did, getting hit by Superman caused no actual harm to him, but it doesn't matter because posting a New-52 scan of Barry Allen getting flicked by Superman has nothing to do with Wally, you just didn't know the difference and like to post negative scans of Flash.

Lots of street levellers can set up traps for heroes, especially a hero like Wally who explicitly states how much he holds back all the time. He's never operating at top speed unless the situation is dire because if he lived his entire life reacting to every picosecond he'd go insane and he knows it -- or you get Kingdom Come Wally who isn't even a person anymore, just a pseudo omnipresent guardian. Wally intentionally slows himself down so he can be a human who interacts with people and speeds up as the situation calls for it. This lets "street levellers" (top is not a street leveller, neither is Cold or Mirror Master or Kadabra) tag him, much like deathstroke, because he had not sped himself and his reactions up.

You don't know crap about Flash, you just like to disparage him because you don't like that people say he wins a lot of fights. Atleast pretend you know what you're talking about before you say "A guy with a gun beats Wally" like you have literally dozens of times since make your account.

Charlie_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Charlie_Jade

Wally and Zoom hitting each other is nothing

It's like two fast BlueJays, two Starling birds, two Ducks pecking at each other, they both move at high speed but next to each other that speed gap is diminished

its like two old ladies in the back of a high speed car hitting each other with handbags

When both characters are traveling at the same relative speed and fighting right beside each other, there is no super durability feats

We want to see Wally tank hits from Darkseid or Superman or even Aquaman before we call him "durable"

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ImBoredLetsDebate said:

A building doesn't have strength; it just has mass and weight. So, either they matter, or your analogy is flawed.

Strength does not present a great resistance to pushing when strength cannot be used to push back against whatever it is that is pushing said thing. The only thing that matters is said thing's weight and mass.

you miss the point, in the building example, the resistence comes from weight, in super strength guy example, resistence comes from strength, how would Flash push someone who will just stand still in mid-air and no one can move him from his place unless he has equal or superior strength?

Flash can't push Sentry. at least can't push him fast enough to BFR him to Speed Force (whch need to push faster than light) so again, how would Flash beat Sentry? he has no clue, Sentry wins this.

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanroygrant said:

@ToO_RaW said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@ToO_RaW: Lol, I just pretend I agree with them. Deep down, I know any of these 3 shall solo.

Deep down, they know it too.

Yep

@Charlie_Jade: @ToO_RaW: Sentry is extremly fast. Multiple times FTL

Here he flies to Saturn before he can exhale

what issue is this please?

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#96  Edited By desmond006

The team has got this

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lady_Liberty said:

@LubeMan said:

It's threads like this that do my head in here!! Wall, against these three, and this isn't a one sided battle??

Yeah, for them lol. They don't have much of a chance against Wally.

The Vine goes through phases where newer users arrive and don't yet grasp the extent of Wally's feats so there are times where he gets a lot of battles like this one. At least it was three on one this time.

i was in this vine months ago, and i had 2 accounts, and i read hundreds of Flash issues and Flash is one of my favorite characters better than Sentry.

but buddy, let me tell you this : Sentry solo.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By ghostrider2

Team should own and then they go have a drink :))

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Dredeuced

@Charlie_Jade said:

Wally and Zoom hitting each other is nothing

It's like two fast BlueJays, two Starling birds, two Ducks pecking at each other, they both move at high speed but next to each other that speed gap is diminished

its like two old ladies in the back of a high speed car hitting each other with handbags

When both characters are traveling at the same relative speed and fighting right beside each other, there is no super durability feats

We want to see Wally tank hits from Darkseid or Superman or even Aquaman before we call him "durable"

You're ridiculous, the mass behind their attacks don't disappear because the other person is going fast unless they other person is going in the same direction as the punch and doesn't receive the full blow. Not because "Relative speed," -- what the heck kind of dumb catchphrase is that? That's why Wally can still IMP Professor Zoom at super speeds. Good lord you know nothing about Flash or his rogues or even basic physics.

He doesn't GET hit by Superman or Aquaman when he's moving fast enough to ramp his durability up. That's one of the reasons he's so powerful. The fact that he can punch with the force of a white dwarf star (As stated multiple times) means that, at the very least, his hand can resist that much force or his whole arm would atomize on contact with those punches. He's survived being in a black hole, twice.

If me and you are running side by side, my punch doesn't hurt less than if we were standing still. You're talking waaaay out of your ass.

@All_Mighty_Beyonder said:

@ImBoredLetsDebate said:

A building doesn't have strength; it just has mass and weight. So, either they matter, or your analogy is flawed.

Strength does not present a great resistance to pushing when strength cannot be used to push back against whatever it is that is pushing said thing. The only thing that matters is said thing's weight and mass.

you miss the point, in the building example, the resistence comes from weight, in super strength guy example, resistence comes from strength, how would Flash push someone who will just stand still in mid-air and no one can move him from his place unless he has equal or superior strength?

Flash can't push Sentry. at least can't push him fast enough to BFR him to Speed Force (whch need to push faster than light) so again, how would Flash beat Sentry? he has no clue, Sentry wins this.

While I've already stated Wally loses this fight, this is an incorrect argument. Flash can hit him hard enough to push him into the speed force if he opens the portal. Sentry can't tank a white dwarf star without being knocked back.

Charlie_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Charlie_Jade

Compared to Superman, Flash has consistently shown to have the durability of a wet paper bag

s