the beyonder vs old old testament god

• 178 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@"Colossus" said:
" Toaa in comics has no feats to prove his omnipotence and uses LT to run the multiverse, does that mean he cant? does that mean hes not omnipotent????   so saying God has no feats meaning hes not omnipotent would be the same as saying Toaa in comics is not omnipotent because he has no feats...... "
Creating the LT is a feat.
Zaterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Zaterra

Old Testament God for the win.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Baldy
@Zaterra said:
"

Old Testament God for the win.

"
Fail.
Zaterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Zaterra

You fail.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By Baldy
@Zaterra said:
"

You fail.

"
No you.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By MKF30

I love it when certain people on this site mock "real god" yet worship a "comicbook God" LMAO...now that's a fail.

nickj54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By nickj54
@MKF30:
lol
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By Tevnoba
@MKF30 said:
"

I love it when certain people on this site mock "real god" yet worship a "comicbook God" LMAO...now that's a fail.

"
The "Real God" is no more provably "real" than a comic book character.  It is your faith in what ever divine being you choose to have - but it still only makes it real for you.

You can not prove "God's" existence anymore than someone can prove a comic character's existence, because there is not actually proof - only faith.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@MKF30 said:
"

"
I love how you can't recognize a joke
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By MKF30

I can ^ actually but I still love how some people on here get so heated over fictional characters but mixing real life faiths and Gods as oppose to fiction never ends well on any site. Just about every site I go to or have been to where religion is mentioned or someones faith, it never ends well.

Disagree, Tev comicbook character=pure fiction and obviously fake.

Real God=real and created the real Universe and Earth. A lot of people believe in God, in fact most of the world does as oppose to not ;) 

There's more proof of his existence then not, nobody can prove he doesn't exist either...he's not a person, he's an entity, power above and beyond our imaginations.... 

Beyonder is a gay looking, disco character from Marvel Comics....Read the bible sometime, people documented supernatural events with Jesus Christ and about OT God.

"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By "Colossus"
@MKF30 said:
"

Disagree, comicbook character=pure fiction 

God=real and created the real Universe and Earth. A lot of people believe in God, in fact most of the world does as oppose to not ;) 

There's more proof of his existence then not, nobody can prove he doesn't exist either...he's not a person, he's an entity, power above and beyond our imaginations.... 

Beyonder is a gay looking, disco character from Marvel Comics....Read the bible sometime, people documented supernatural events with Jesus Christ and about OT God.

"
1 scientist pointed out if there was evidence of god, lets say a piece of his hair left from him when he left the earth, there would be COUNTLESS scientist and governments trying to clone him...................
This is why theres no physical evidence of him.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By King_Saturn
it aint no reason to get off the rocker over this topic here fellas... we all know its a joke thread... and even if the Almighty was actually looking in on this thread on this site... he wouldnt give a damn about this thread either... 
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By MKF30

That's a good point but I think some people seem to  have this impression that he's a "man" but it would seem more likely he's a powerful spirit of some kind. The sad part is you're probably right about governments trying to clone him if he came down in the flesh.  

Some people out there believe "if there's no evidence of something, it doesn't exist" I don't believe that...that's like saying IMO, well even though this guy was slick and left no "evidence" killing people, he's innocent and nothing else matters or exists...to me that's a load of crap since it's happened.... 

It's like just because we haven't seen something doesn't mean it doesn't exist you know?

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@MKF30 said:
"

I can ^ actually but I still love how some people on here get so heated over fictional characters but mixing real life faiths and Gods as oppose to fiction never ends well on any site. Just about every site I go to or have been to where religion is mentioned or someones faith, it never ends well.

Disagree, Tev comicbook character=pure fiction and obviously fake.

Real God=real and created the real Universe and Earth. A lot of people believe in God, in fact most of the world does as oppose to not ;) 

"

Really? Let's check that. As of 2005, there are approximately over three billions people in religions that did not believe in God, or that Jesus was their savior. This includes one billion atheists. So no, most of the world does NOT believe in god. It's a pretty even split. And there is no proof of his existence. Because he has a book devoted to him he's suddenly a real deity? Because three billion people believe in him, he's a real deity? There's nothing that distinguishes him from any other fictional deity. There are over five hundred thousand scientologists, who believe solely in Xenu. The same deity created by a science fiction novelist. "God" as we know him has simply had nearly four thousand years of slaughter devoted to him. 
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@MKF30 said:
"

That's a good point but I think some people seem to  have this impression that he's a "man" but it would seem more likely he's a powerful spirit of some kind. The sad part is you're probably right about governments trying to clone him if he came down in the flesh.  

Some people out there believe "if there's no evidence of something, it doesn't exist" I don't believe that...that's like saying IMO, well even though this guy was slick and left no "evidence" killing people, he's innocent and nothing else matters or exists...to me that's a load of crap since it's happened.... 

It's like just because we haven't seen something doesn't mean it doesn't exist you know?

"
And yet you're busy claiming that other deities don't exist, while claiming that God according to Christian theology is real.
nickj54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By nickj54
@"Colossus":
and he is basically a spirit 
he has no physical form
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By King_Saturn
this thread is hilarious
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@King Saturn said:
" this thread is hilarious "
It really kind of is.
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By "Colossus"
@Lance Uppercut said:

" @MKF30 said:

"

"
And yet you're busy claiming that other deities don't exist, while claiming that God according to Christian theology is real. "
Its more than that, Many Scientist actually believe there is a GOD.

just think, how was reality made? it just appeared out of nowhere?
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Hellos
@"Colossus" said:
"Its more than that, Many Scientist actually believe there is a GOD "

That honestly has nothing to do with anything.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#121  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Allah comes in and whoops both they asses

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By FLCL1

no comment
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By "Colossus"

question to lance uppercut. 

if there is no god.

how was all reality even made? do you believe it just appeared from knowhere?
Fact 1 :Everything has origion

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@"Colossus" said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:

" @MKF30 said:

"

"
And yet you're busy claiming that other deities don't exist, while claiming that God according to Christian theology is real. "
Its more than that, Many Scientist actually believe there is a GOD.  just think, how was reality made? it just appeared out of nowhere? "
Any number of deities could have created reality. Just because you aren't open minded enough to realize that doesn't make it any less true.
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By "Colossus"
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @"Colossus" said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:

" @MKF30 said:

"

"
Its more than that, Many Scientist actually believe there is a GOD.  just think, how was reality made? it just appeared out of nowhere? "
Any number of deities could have created reality. Just because you aren't open minded enough to realize that doesn't make it any less true. "
i thought you believed in no god or deities at all.
so what do you believe?
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@"Colossus" said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @"Colossus" said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:

" @MKF30 said:

"

"
Any number of deities could have created reality. Just because you aren't open minded enough to realize that doesn't make it any less true. "
i thought you believed in no god or deities at all. so what do you believe? "
I don't have to believe in a deity to know that most arguments for god being real are completely baseless, and that the ones that aren't are based on speculation and faith. I don't know if big foot exists, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. On the other end of the spectrum, I don't know how reality came in to being, but it doesn't mean a divine being had to create it.

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By FLCL1
@"Colossus":
@Lance Uppercut: 

both of u are idiots -_- 

what. are u two gonna turn this thread into a beliver's vs non beliver's  

sthu 

MODS PLZ LOCK
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By MKF30

@Lance, no I'm judging based off more realistic documentation of evidence from years ago as oppose to believing in some ridiculous looking character named "Beyonder" lol besides my Christian beliefs, if you examine what most people believe in the world. Guess what? Most people believe in a "God" even if under another name...but I'm sure you think people like me are crazy and chances are greater for a "comic book" character being more real is higher right?

Where did you get that stat btw? Off a fortune cookie? lol Last time I checked in worldwide surveys of late 94% of the world celebrated Christmas around the world...I highly doubt there's more atheists vs. people who believe in faith of some kind. Really... 

I'm not going to force or try to force what I believe onto you but you sure don't have any solid evidence either proving otherwise so it's probably best if you and I just agree to disagree cause it's obvious you have your beliefs and I have mine. 

And like Colossus said, most scientists despite their dedicated life to science DO believe in a God...because I'm so sure most people believe things pop out of nowhere right?

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@FLCL1 said:
" @"Colossus": @Lance Uppercut:  both of u are idiots -_-  what. are u two gonna turn this thread into a beliver's vs non beliver's   sthu  MODS PLZ LOCK "
If you're going to call me an idiot, at least make the attempt to use proper capitalization and grammar.
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By "Colossus"
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @"Colossus": @Lance Uppercut:  both of u are idiots -_-  what. are u two gonna turn this thread into a beliver's vs non beliver's   sthu  MODS PLZ LOCK "
If you're going to call me an idiot, at least make the attempt to use proper capitalization and grammar. "
LOL
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By King_Saturn

throws a shoe at the thread

this is all bullsh!t... 

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By FLCL1
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @FLCL1 said:
If you're going to call me an idiot, at least make the attempt to use proper capitalization and grammar. "

if i did that doesnt change the fact u two are IDIOTS 

ur arragance is annoying just because someone believes in god doesnt make them closed minded 

same goes for the other guy
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#133  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Religious debates are like abortion debates there both stupid and annoy the hell out of me

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@FLCL1 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @FLCL1 said:

If I did that it doesn't change the fact you two are IDIOTS 
 Your arrogance is annoying. Just because someone believes in God, it doesn't make them closed minded. The  same goes for the other guy "

I fixed what I could, but really your sentence structure and knowledge of the English language is atrocious.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By MKF30

I agree, but you know what guys? If threads weren't allowed to be posted here with God, this shit wouldn't happen in the first place now would it? 

This is why some forums BAN religious topics...for good reason. Reasons like this...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By King_Saturn

I cant believe people are taking this so far... 

well since the thread has already gone to sh!t... I guess I can get funky up in this b!tch

starts to do The Don Dance

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By FLCL1
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @FLCL1 said:

Your arrogance is annoying. Just because someone believes in God, it doesn't make them closed minded. The  same goes for the other guy "
I fixed what I could, but really your sentence structure and knowledge of the English language is atrocious. "

*facepalm*  

With that said ur still wrong, still arragant, and still a idiot.

MODS PLZ LOCK

this thread is gonna get out of hand fast
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By MKF30
@King Saturn said:
"

well since the thread has already gone to sh!t... I guess I can get funky up in this b!tch

"

LMAO ^ King Saturn with the humor tonight. BTW, curious are you a teenager? I used to picture you as a  horny teen with all the hot girls you always post in your avy  ^ < lol
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@FLCL1 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @FLCL1 said:

I fixed what I could, but really your sentence structure and knowledge of the English language is atrocious. "

*facepalm*  

With that said ur still wrong, still arragant, and still a idiot.

MODS PLZ LOCK this thread is gonna get out of hand fast "
The only thing that's really insulting in this post is still how much you've butchered an uncomplicated language. If you can type, take the time to do it properly or not at all.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By King_Saturn
@MKF30 said:
" @King Saturn said:
"

"
LMAO ^ King Saturn with the humor tonight. BTW, curious are you a teenager? I used to picture you as a  horny teen with all the hot girls you always post in your avy  ^ < lol "

naw... I am 24 years old actually... but I still look like a kid

lol 

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By FLCL1
@Lance Uppercut:
Stop try to insult people and let them lock this thread dude. damn.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@FLCL1 said:
" @Lance Uppercut: Stop try to insult people and let them lock this thread dude. damn. "
Hey, maybe later your personal opinion of me will matter =D But I'm still smarter than you
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Hellos
@MKF30 said:
"

@Lance, no I'm judging based off more realistic documentation of evidence from years ago as oppose to believing in some ridiculous looking character named "Beyonder" lol besides my Christian beliefs, if you examine what most people believe in the world. Guess what? Most people believe in a "God" even if under another name...but I'm sure you think people like me are crazy and chances are greater for a "comic book" character being more real is higher right"

Realistic what now? Where's this documentation of evidence relating to God? In particular OT God?  
To those people worshiping god under a different name, OT God to them means little to nothing. It has nothing to do with the comic book character being more real, it has to do with them both being just as possible as the other incarnation, both of these characters are written by man, though some will argue the bible was written through man by god.  

Although their arguements will have as much evidence as the Marvel writers being influenced by the Beyonder to include him in Marvel comics.

Where did you get that stat btw? Off a fortune cookie? lol Last time I checked in worldwide surveys of late 94% of the world celebrated Christmas around the world...I highly doubt there's more atheists vs. people who believe in faith of some kind. Really...  

In all honesty, where the hell did you get that number?  It seems MUCH larger than it should be, to the point it isn't at all believable.  
Maybe you mean 94% of christians celebrate Christmas?

I'm not going to force or try to force what I believe onto you but you sure don't have any solid evidence either proving otherwise so it's probably best if you and I just agree to disagree cause it's obvious you have your beliefs and I have mine.

Shouldn't have to, the problem is OT to a lot people on Earth is just as much fiction as the Beyonder. Theres nothing to disprove or prove the existance either of them.  
For all we know God is running around in a white suit and looks like Morgan Freeman or is just like the Beyonder being a goof to the multiverse. 

And like Colossus said, most scientists despite their dedicated life to science DO believe in a God...because I'm so sure most people believe things pop out of nowhere right?

Actually I believe there is a few theory's floating around, despite that I have to repeat again. What does a scientist believing in god prove anything? It holds just as much weight as me believing in God, a scientist isn't packing any more proof than I am on the existence of god. 

Its called faith, no one has absolute evidence in the existence of any God. I believe in God, I like to believe he had some role in the creation of the universe, but again I have no proof, nothing to back up those beliefs, just my faith. 

Does this mean I am going to back OT? The God is lacking the feats to take down the Beyonder. 

Now I ask you, put yourself in the shoes of someone that doesn't believe in OT God, looking at both the Beyonder's feats and OT's, which of them comes off as a more powerful character that will win the fight? 
This will be your non biased opinion on the matter.   
Trust me God won't strike you down for playing this scenario through.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By MKF30

I read that number recently online on a worldwide survey news update concerning the amount of people who celebrate Christmas. Keep in mind, this covers all christians(not just one division of Christianity) we have a lot lol. 

Secondly, there may not be physical evidence of God but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist...this is a comic character comparing to someone who a lot feel is real...kind of dumb IMO not for nothing. 

If I was an atheist, honestly a true atheist....I wouldn't believe in either of them...since atheists don't believe in "anything"..... 

Remember dude, sometimes just because there's no "physical evidence" doesn't mean something doesn't exist...;) Sometimes you just have to have faith and believe. A comicbook character is nothing but someones imagination but I do believe a God created the Universe, things don't appear out of nowhere. I firmly believe that.

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By FLCL1
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @Lance Uppercut: Stop try to insult people and let them lock this thread dude. damn. "
Hey, maybe later your personal opinion of me will matter =D But I'm still smarter than you"

arragance *rolls eyes* human failure. 

stop posting
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@MKF30 said:
" I read that number recently online on a worldwide survey news update concerning the amount of people who celebrate Christmas. Keep in mind, this covers all christians(not just one division of Christianity) we have a lot lol.  Secondly, there may not be physical evidence of God but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist...this is a comic character comparing to someone who a lot feel is real...kind of dumb IMO not for nothing.  If I was an atheist, honestly a true atheist....I wouldn't believe in either of them...since atheists don't believe in "anything".....  Remember dude, sometimes just because there's no "physical evidence" doesn't mean something doesn't exist...;) Sometimes you just have to have faith and believe. A comicbook character is nothing but someones imagination but I do believe a God created the Universe, things don't appear out of nowhere. I firmly believe that. "
We've already been over this, and it seems to be the one thing we all agree on. But saying God wins because he exists is ridiculous, because it's based on nothing but faith. That's the point I've been trying to make, and no one has really provided concrete evidence to make it any less valid of a statement.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By MKF30

K, tell ya what if someone asks me do you think character A. that's totally fiction vs. character B. who some believe to be fiction, but others believe to be real. I'm probably going to choose the latter ;) 

I don't think it's ridiculous to assume the more realistic, valid, logical option...the point I'm trying to make is that people will disagree about anything, but this is something that's just silly to discuss... It comes down to people who believe in God rolling their eyes vs. Atheists creaming their pants...it always comes down to that with any religious based topic on the internet....

However I do guarantee that if you were to poll the world on this topic you really think more people would believe in a comicbook character over someone who has more potential to be real? I honestly don't, am I saying people who believe in a God know everything? Not at all, nobody can predict the future but compared to a comicbook character? Someone made up to do anything that ocmes to mind? I mean...really.

People can believe what they want, but if you're going to say "you have no evidence that God exists" well, I can say the same about your counter claim. Where's the evidence that proves he doesn't?

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By FLCL1

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@MKF30 said:
"

K, tell ya what if someone asks me do you think character A. that's totally fiction vs. character B. who some believe to be fiction, but others believe to be real. I'm probably going to choose the latter ;) 

I don't think it's ridiculous to assume the more realistic, valid option in my book...the point I'm trying to make is that people will disagree about anything, however if you were to poll the world on this topic you really think more people would believe in a comicbook character over someone who has more potential to be real? 

People can believe what they want, but if you're going to say "you have no evidence that God exists" well, I can say the same about your counter claim. Where's the evidence that proves he doesn't?

"
It's realistic based on your perspective. To the billions of people that don't believe in God however, it's completely silly. 

We just went over this. There is no proof that god does not exist. I've already said this. I don't see why you continue to bring it up.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By MKF30

It's realistic based on how the world feels as a whole...not my perspective or opinion. You go up to random people in the street, guarantee you'll find more people who DO in fact believe in God as oppose to not...that's my whole point. 

I'm only bringing this up since others feel the need to discuss it and to get my point across. Whoever gets it does, whoever doesn't. Doesn't...I'm not going to flame people over it however...