the beyonder vs old old testament god

• 178 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackmanlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blackmanlove

the Gods of gods

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By warlock360

olololo

mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mv

uh oh its gonna get heated..ah i say God anyway

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MKF30

God owns everyone

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stormultt

OTG stomps no competition.

"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By "Colossus"

lol

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
as funny as this may sound being a person of Faith... I think the Pre Retcon Beyonder would easily defeat the Old Testament God... 
mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mv
@King Saturn said:
" as funny as this may sound being a person of Faith... I think the Pre Retcon Beyonder would easily defeat the Old Testament God...  "
boooooooo lol
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Aronmorales
@MKF30 said:
"

God owns everyone

"
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn
@MTS said:
" @King Saturn said:
" as funny as this may sound being a person of Faith... I think the Pre Retcon Beyonder would easily defeat the Old Testament God...  "
boooooooo lol "

lmfao

@MKF30 said:

"

God owns everyone

"
technically Classic Beyonder is equal to God and Beyonder actually has feats that are somewhat better than the God of the Old Testament... lol

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MKF30

No, I mean real life God not fictional "gods" nothing is superior to real God. ;)

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By geraldthesloth

Besides me,

Beyonder wins

"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By "Colossus"

if this is real god than beyonder cannot win here

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By geraldthesloth

How, God isn't real lolz

<--(atheist)

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
@MKF30 said:
"

No, I mean real life God not fictional "gods" nothing is superior to real God. ;)

"
but the OP just says the Old Testament God... and that could refer to the Real Life God... or the Old Testament God that has been shown in Comics... 
"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By "Colossus"
@King Saturn said:
" @MKF30 said:
"

"
but the OP just says the Old Testament God... and that could refer to the Real Life God... or the Old Testament God that has been shown in Comics...  "
it could be the one shown in comics.
but real god wins via curbstomp
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By King_Saturn
@"Colossus" said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @MKF30 said:
"

"
but the OP just says the Old Testament God... and that could refer to the Real Life God... or the Old Testament God that has been shown in Comics...  "
it could be the one shown in comics. but real god wins via curbstomp "

probably... it depends on if we acted as if Classic Beyonder was a Real Life being as well though... then the fight may actually be a bit closer than you think

lol

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FLCL1
@geraldthesloth said:
"How, God isn't real lolz  <--(atheist) "

dont turn this in to a religious flame
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FLCL1
@MKF30 said:
"

God owns everyone

"
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MKF30

If it's comic versions, guess it's up in the air but would still go with OT God. Real God stomps Beyonder

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FLCL1
@MKF30 said:
"

If it's comic versions, guess it's up in the air but would still go with OT God. Real God stomps Beyonder

"

agreed
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OT God doesn't have much in the way of feats. A lot of it happened off panel, so to speak. What have we got, some floods, pillars of salt, burning bushes, tornado form, and endless curses on Job?

Beyonder entered the universe from some other place and changed the fabric off reality at his whim, presumably usurping whatever regulatory powers were in place in that universe (IE god).

These effects were seen on a universal scale, while most everything that is described in the OT is earth-centric.

The only other competition for OT god is humanity and a bit sprinkled in about the devil, (though if you read it, surprisingly little). Beyonder meanwhile is putting the stomps to top tier energy and reality warpers at his leisure.

If we reference the recent Hancock vs superman threads, i have to apply the same reasoning. While OT god may be intended to be as powerful as a beyonder level character, he does not get the chance to show and prove in his book because he faces such low level competition. (disobeying humans). 

The same argument is used against Dr. Manhattan. We don't know exactly what he is able to do because he never got the chance to show and prove. We ASSUME many things about his powers, but the authors never told us directly, or showed it in action.

Beyonder has the better showings.
Beyonder wins.

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OmegaRed86

Give me a comic book with Beyonder on the cover and I can beat him.  Simply rip the book up or set it on fire.  Real life trumps fiction.

God wins.  Anyone saying other wise is just retarded.

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ARMIV

Old Testament God.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By vuviper

@OmegaRed86 said:

" Give me a comic book with Beyonder on the cover and I can beat him.  Simply rip the book up or set it on fire.  Real life trumps fiction.  God wins.  Anyone saying other wise is just retarded. "
This topic isn't meant to be taken seriously don't insult people for going along with it. Just pretend the Old testament is a comic book and God is just a character that in no way needs to represent your idea of God.

on a side note, burning a book with the beyonder wouldn't kill him just as burning the bible wouldn't destroy him.
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indeed, real life does trump fiction.

That's why you would just as easily be able to destroy OT god.

The evidence for both characters comes from the hands of man. and it is with these documents that i base my argument. Using these lines of evidence, pre-retcon beyonder clearly wields greater control over reality than OT god. 7 days to create the earth and heavens, vs instantaneous re-ordering of the cosmos.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MKF30
@OmegaRed86 said:

"Give me a comic book with Beyonder on the cover and I can beat him.  Simply rip the book up or set it on fire.  Real life trumps fiction.  God wins.  Anyone saying other wise is just retarded. "

lol ^ awesome, agreed. All the dumb atheists in here are just going to say Beyonder out of spite...how amusing.

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OmegaRed86
@vuviper: 

God wins.  Beyonder loses when Stan Lee decides that the Beyonder is a boring character retcons him.
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Tevnoba

For the purposes of this comparison they are equal and it is a tie.

Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ziro

Beyonder.
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@geraldthesloth said:
" How, God isn't real lolz  <--(atheist) "
Well neither is Beyonder..xD
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By geraldthesloth
@~The Wanderer~ said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" How, God isn't real lolz  <--(atheist) "
Well neither is Beyonder..xD "
sneaky sunnuva..pillages every house in the neighborhood
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

LOL.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
@MKF30 said:
"

"
You're correct, MKF30.

King Saturn, if you believed in God you would have picked Him. 
Psyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Psyron

Meh one of these guys can't alter free will

mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mv

One of God's "feats" is measuring the universe with the spam of his hand lol

xyrzrockrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By xyrzrockrain

God wins.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By King_Saturn
@Cezar_TheScribe said:
" @MKF30 said:
"

"
You're correct, MKF30. King Saturn, if you believed in God you would have picked Him.  "

I dont think you realize what you are saying here... or at least dont realize the intent of the thread itself... the Old Testament God has been presented in multiple ways in Comics... his strongest incarnation ( The Presence ) would only equal himself to the Classic Beyonder in power... but based on alternative showings and views of God in the Comics... you could easily argue that the OT God is weaker than Classic Beyonder in a Comic Book sense... 

this aint got nothing to do with Real Life... in Real Life, God would win... since Classic Beyonder himself isnt Real... but if you read the other post I made... I said if in fact Classic Beyonder was real like The Almighty... he probably could beat him... or at least Stalemate him... 

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MKF30

God wins because a dumb, fake character can't beat God. End of Story :) @ the guy who said that, and said God isn't real. Proof?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By King_Saturn
@MKF30 said:
"

God wins because a dumb, fake character can't beat God. End of Story :) @ the guy who said that, and said God isn't real. Proof?

"
I dont think you fully know of Classic Beyonder's Power... and how the Old Testament God is presented in the Comics compared to Real Life... its different... 
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MKF30

I do, but I don't think some people in here realize that OT god's power is even more powerful and Beyonder didn't even know everything about humans or races. God knows all already.. 

But like I said earlier, if we're talking "comic silly versions of God" that are dumbed down then up in the air but I'd still go with OT God, if we're talking real God, God rapes Beyonder. The OP never stated either way.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

My personal belief as a Christian dictates Old Testament God.

In the aspect of this debate if anything they are equal and would stalemate. PR Beyonder and OT God are both Supreme beings and therefore they are equal. This is of course ignoring the fact that I believe OT God is real and Beyonder is a fictional character.

NOTE: By OT God I assumed we meant real God as in real life, not his depictions in comic related literature.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vuviper
@MKF30 said:
"

"
lol

To be fair though, you can't prove Beyonder doesn't exist either
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's true vuviper.

you cannot disprove any supreme being which does not have a set of rules that it must, or chooses to rigidly follow.

For instance, if i asserted that there was a supreme being which would ALWAYS make the air glow bright orange when you said his name 3 times fast, and then you did that, and the air DIDNT turn bright orange, you could rule out that particular god conclusively.

There are no rules about beyonder or God which we can nail down and test, so both characters are equally un-provable, or dis-provable. We can dismiss both, though, as they both do outrageous things without the least bit of proof which is not simply the writings of a human.

Beyonder has better feats in his literature, however, so i pick beyonder.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By King_Saturn
@Lunacyde said:
" My personal belief as a Christian dictates Old Testament God.  In the aspect of this debate if anything they are equal and would stalemate. PR Beyonder and OT God are both Supreme beings and therefore they are equal. This is of course ignoring the fact that I believe OT God is real and Beyonder is a fictional character.  NOTE: By OT God I assumed we meant real God as in real life, not his depictions in comic related literature. "

how can you assume that when the Old Testament exists in Comics as well though ? The Bible and Bibical History isnt just something thats exclusive to only Real Life... its actually an aspect of Comics as well... at least some comics...

@MKF30 said:

" I do, but I don't think some people in here realize that OT god's power is even more powerful and Beyonder didn't even know everything about humans or races. God knows all already..  But like I said earlier, if we're talking "comic silly versions of God" that are dumbed down then up in the air but I'd still go with OT God, if we're talking real God, God rapes Beyonder. The OP never stated either way. "
Exactly... so the thread can be taken in either direction... you can use either the Real Life Old Testament God... or the God of the Comics... 

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vuviper
@Cezar_TheScribe said:

" @MKF30 said:

"

"
You're correct, MKF30. King Saturn, if you believed in God you would have picked Him.  "
Though I personally do not believe in God, I still find it offensive, rude, presumptions and arrogant to question another man's faith and belief in his God.

Edit:
Correction, I'm agnostic
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MKF30

@Viper, actually Beyonder doesn't exist...he's a fictional character. lol that wasn't very hard but that post was amusing ;)

Nothing to do with "fairness" just pure common sense lol. But let's not turn this thread into a "who believes in God vs. Atheists or none believers"  

Your second post I liked more.

"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By "Colossus"

LOL @ this thread

Let me say something 

There is actually scientist who says god is the only explanation of a big bang
because the matter and energy from the big bang had to come from somewhere.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By King_Saturn
@vuviper said:
" @Cezar_TheScribe said:

" @MKF30 said:

"

"
Though I personally do not believe in God, I still find it offensive, rude, presumptions and arrogant to question another man's faith and belief in his God.   Edit: Correction, I'm agnostic "
THANK YOU
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By vuviper
@MKF30 said:
" @Viper, actually Beyonder doesn't exist...he's a fictional character. lol that wasn't very hard but that post was amusing ;) Nothing to do with "fairness" just pure common sense lol. But let's not turn this thread into a "who believes in God vs. Atheists or none believers"   Your second post I liked more. "
Yes, I hope this doesn't turn into a thread to argue about the existence of God, I find those arguments are pretty pointless and get people too upset. So please understand when I reply I am in no way trying to attack your faith.

I just feel I should mention, that you haven't actually proven that Beyonder doesn't exist, you just stated it. If I said "Michael Jordan doesn't exist...he's a fictional character" doesn't mean he doesn't exist. I think you might be thinking because Beyonder is imaginary, he doesn't exist. This true logic. Being imagined doesn't exclude something existence. For example, I could, without knowing of it's existence, imagine a snake that can glide from tree to tree. Later I would discover that such a snake does in fact exist. That doesn't mean that anything I imagine exists of course. But it is just an example to show that an idea being imaginary and existing are not mutually exclusive.