Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fatalsniper728
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Arbiter is on a lone mission on an unknown planet, he almost reaches his next objective when Predator appears. The two go at it, who will win ?

Arbiter has a covenant carbine, energy sword, and 4 plasma grenades.

Predator has his whole weaponry.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By terry2012

Arbiter for the win.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fatalsniper728

this is a good fight in my opinion, its hard to choose, but i think arbiter would win due to the deadliness of the energy sword and how skillfull he is

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nick_hero22

A more detailed OP would be helpful (What type of Predator are we using? What exactly does its arsenal consist of?)

Madiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Madiris

With a high ranking target like the Arbiter, an extremely experianced Predator will take the challenge of hunting the Arbiter. So the battle will tilt in the Predator's favor. Unless the Arbiter can survive long enough to discover the Predator's weakness (which might not be possible unless the Arbiter can receive reinforcements, he won't find the Predator's weakness).

To sum it all up Predator has the advantage.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bossmonster

This is completely in Predators favor just because of tech. The energy sword is awesome, but Predator doesn't normally more to melee combat off top. Second, I think everyone that has commets so far is thinking Arbiter is going to have stealth. He won't. Predator has a wide range of imaging and active camo doesn't mask heat emissions which is what Predator normally views even without his helmet. The Arbiter would be hunting with a stealth, super strong version of his self with cannons that lock on and track. I honestly think this is too far in Predators favor.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MonsterStomp

I'm going for the Predator. Arbiter is good but his camo is close to useless. The Chief spotted him moments after waking in Halo 3.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dondave

Predator ftw

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jobbernos

predator collects a new head trophy.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Pred has advantage since he has his entire arsenal. That being said, this is still a pretty even fight, and I'd say it could go either way.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

Arbiter, almost easily. He is on Chief's level.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fatalsniper728

@onilordasmodeus: but then again arbiter has plasma grenades and his carbine

RetardRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RetardRobot

Which

Predator?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MonsterStomp

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Doubt it. Arbiter has lower showings than the Chief.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@fatalsniper728:

Thing is though, that Pred has counters to everything that Arby is packing, except maybe the sword. But Pred doesn't have to come in if he doesn't want to. In CQC though, I'd have to go with Arby; Elites aren't anything to play with.

Though I'm sure someone can post some serious feats for an Elder Pred, the Sangheili aren't called elites for nothing...

Let alone the arbiter.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NeonGameWave

This would be an awesome fight to see, I say tie.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fatalsniper728

@NeonGameWave: so none would win ?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NeonGameWave

@fatalsniper728: I think it could go either way but I see it ending as a tie.

TheTmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheTmac

Arbiter easily.

Redmonkeyssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Redmonkeyssj4

If this is Ripa Moramee, It's a stump for him, even though it IS in the Predators favor. If Thel Vidam(ee) it could go either way, I'm leaning more towards arbiter. Arbiters do have energy shields, both creatures are stronger than humans but I'd say Sangheili are stronger, Sanghelios is said to have a stronger gravitational pull than earth and from Predators the movie, it seems as though the Yautja have the same gravity of earth. Honestly if the covenant wanted to invade Yautja Prime, it'd be a piece of cake for them. @ onilordasmodeus and after seeing that vid, I'd say an Arbiter wins this rather easily, unless someone else can come up with something to top that.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@Redmonkeyssj4:

Gotta agree.

ComocYahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ComocYahweh

Arbiter with ease, not sure how Predator would even kill him, one shot of the plasma gun won't even pierce his armor and neither will his knives, Arbiter is also much bigger and stronger, only chance Predator has is with the nuke.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By fatalsniper728

@ComocYahweh: so basically arbiter stomps lol

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nick_hero22

@ComocYahweh said:

Arbiter with ease, not sure how Predator would even kill him, one shot of the plasma gun won't even pierce his armor and neither will his knives, Arbiter is also much bigger and stronger, only chance Predator has is with the nuke.

This is completely false, the Predators strength feats and speed feats are much superior to the Sanghelios; the Plasma Caster has been shown to one-shot space transporters and helicopters quite easily, so I don't see why there would be a major problem with the Plasma Caster dissipating the Arbiter energy shielding and then using superior physicality and a degree of skill to neutralize the Arbiter in close quarter combat.

TheTmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheTmac

@nick_hero22: Arbiter has reflexes 4x faster than a normal human.

Arbiter can just use his plasma rifle to melt Predators face off since predator has no shields and he is faster than him.

Show me some of the predators strength and speed feats than say he is above Arbiter.I recall a yakuza with a samurai sword killing a predator in the last movie something that could never happend to the Arbiter.

ComocYahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ComocYahweh

@nick_hero22 said:

@ComocYahweh said:

This is completely false, the Predators strength feats and speed feats are much superior to the Sanghelios; the Plasma Caster has been shown to one-shot space transporters and helicopters quite easily, so I don't see why there would be a major problem with the Plasma Caster dissipating the Arbiter energy shielding and then using superior physicality and a degree of skill to neutralize the Arbiter in close quarter combat.

Sure Predators plasma gun can destroy earthly material, however it wont even break through Arbiters shield, even if arbiter didn't have a shield on, it wouldn't pierce his armor. Not even an elder predator is as skilled as Arbiter, and they are slightly smaller and probably weaker.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MisterGuyMan

There are a lot of Predators with a few being much stronger and impressive than the rest.

Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
AmazingScrewOnHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on the rank of the predator, An Elder or Ancient would slaughterstomp and the likes of a unblooded wouldnt do so well, Predators have shown to be just as or far stronger than the elites

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@AmazingScrewOnHead:

Is that true? Elites are as strong as armored Spartans, and armored Spartans can flip tanks.

Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
AmazingScrewOnHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus: And Predators can punch trucks into the air,throw buffalo around like they were ragdolls,rip through the doors on a spaceship,Kill Alien queens with there bare hands and rip a tank open...

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By nick_hero22

@TheTmac said:

@nick_hero22: Arbiter has reflexes 4x faster than a normal human.

Arbiter can just use his plasma rifle to melt Predators face off since predator has no shields and he is faster than him.

Show me some of the predators strength and speed feats than say he is above Arbiter.I recall a yakuza with a samurai sword killing a predator in the last movie something that could never happend to the Arbiter.

1) The Predator has been stated to have freakishly fast reflexes by a sniper who was doubtful if he could hit a unsuspecting Predator with an ArmaLite AR-50.

2) The Predator is fast enough to dodge projectiles from the Plasma Rifle along with having invisible which makes him a much more difficult target to see and hit; the Predator has very durable plate armor which has resisted explosions at extremely close range and is virtually bulletproof.

3) The Predators in the movie "Predators" are essentially a much different variation of the Original due to all of the alterations they perform on themselves to become better hunters, and based off their feats in the movie and the lore in the AVP Universe, these Predator are unblooded and were pretty poor hunters compared to their predecessors in the movies that came before them.

Physical Feats

PREDATOR: Cold War by Nathan Archer ISB 0-553-57493-0

Pages 208 - 209

For a moment the spear supported him; then the incredibly sharp spearhead cut through his spine and he slid down the shaft.

Blood ran down the shaft ahead of the dying Russian and he landed facedown in a pool of his own blood, cooling quickly on the ice.

The spear was snatched from his back by a shadow, indistinct figure and the second man down cut loose with his AK-100, spraying bullets at the barely glimpsed spear wielding killer.

The thing moved so fast it almost seemed to be dodging the bullets as it turned and ran back down the canyon. The Russian charged after it, bellowing.

Page 210

Someone, Pushkov or someone obeying Pushkov, fired; Gunin felt burning lines of pain as bullets tore through his right sleeve and through his arm but the pain was not bad, not enough to make him scream-- the spikes had already hurt him enough to deaden his sensitivity.

The creature holding the spear seemed to side-step the bullets easily.

Then it jabbed the spear forward, and Gunin no longer worried about spikes or bullets, or anything else as the thing cut his heart out with a single quick gesture.

After that, the alien disappeared, blurring into invisibility

Page 213

"I care about something," she told him, "I care about my men!"

"Yeah, I care about something," Schaefer said. "I care about the fact that when that thing's done with your friends, it'll probably find us. Do you have a knife?"

She blinked up at him. "A knife?"

"Those things are fast enough to dodge bullets, if they see them coming," Schaefer explained. "And even if you hit them, they're damn near bulletproof. Knives, well... they can dodge knives too, if they have a chance but I don't intend to give this one a chance."

Alien vs Predator War by S.D. Perry ISBN 0-553-57732-8

Page 172 to 173

The Queen continued in her bursts of screams, all but hidden by a mass of her minions, bugs jumping into the battle as more came out of the dark, running at the Hunters, the Hunters dancing and cutting like samurai-- both alien groups slowly, steadily gaining ground on the three humans.

Lara didn't think about it, couldn't, aiming and firing and aiming again, the bugs blasted into acid splash as the Hunters dodged and fought, and somehow managed not to die-- CLICK CLICK CLICK-- AND Lara heard Noguchi's weapon go dry, even over the screams and explosions, as chilling as terrible as the Queen's fury.

"The predator came out of the spaceship again, in full armour. Gustat had a clear shot, and the ArmaLite AR-50 wasn't a joke. He would probably make a dent in the Predator's armour, maybe even several dents. Possibly kill him, although the creatures reflexes were so freakishly fast that Gustat doubted it, not without a chance at a headshot sans helmet." - South China Sea

Catches a subway train on foot and kicks in the windows and kills everyone on-board after the train had been traveling for an extended period of time

Fast enough to evade gunfire and grab a scientist and manages to jump a gate that is several feet tall

Capable of keeping up with a speeding car on foot and causes the driver to have a head on collision with a brick wall

Dodges a Bazooka at close range

Dodges missiles from a Helicopter at close range and shoots it down with a blast from it's Plasm Caster

Predators are capable of performing acrobatic maneuvers off steep cliffs to get to the colony Ryushi

No Caption Provided

Strong enough to toss around a adult bison to which was described as "a cat with toying with a mouse"

Strong enough to tear open and bend a reinforced metal door in the medical bay of the colony Ryushi effortlessly

Strong enough to throw a decapitated head with enough force to shatter the windshield of a militarized jeep and knock it over in the process.

Strong enough to rip out a human's skull and spine, punch through a human and rip out their heart, rip off a human's head, and kill a man with casual backhand

Strong enough to walk right through a solid brick wall and destroy a scout helicopter with a couple of punches

Strong enough to punch a military truck through the air carrying five people and knock it off-road

They had careened through yet another curve in the road when Nikolai saw Marikova's eyes widen and she shouted at him, at them "There's something out there! Stop now!" Rath glanced back at her with an expression that Nikolai interpreted as pity or disgust--and gunned the engine. Something shimmering and heavy hit Nikolai's side of the truck with a force that cracked metal, and in that split-second before the truck overturned and they all went spilling out onto the ground, onto the road, Nikolai felt something right beside his head, something that made a growling-clicking sound that made him scream, and behind it the sensation of great weight and the smell like rotting meat so that he steeled himself for a blow, but no blow came, just the delicate scrape of a clawed hand across his face, receding as the changed momentum of the truck and his own inertia carried him away from the creature."

Skill Feats

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/challenge-a-viner-nickz-vs-nickd-s-just-got-real/709241/?page=2

TheTmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheTmac

@nick_hero22: Nice scans but the Arbiter could do all of those things.The Arbiter has a couple of key advantages over the Predator

1.Better armor/shields wich are able to tank hits from powerful alien weapons from the future.

2.Better reflexes.Normal elites have been shown to give spartans trouble in h2h and most of the spartan IIs are bullet timers.(Predator loses to yakuza)

3.Better skill with his weapons.The Arbiter gets to use a energy sword a weapon that can cut through a tank like butter and he has been training with it his whole life.And again The Predator lost to a tired beat up yakuza member armed with only a katana.

And The Arbiter also has invisibility.

Since 99% of the feats wich show how strong and durable elites are are in books and I dont feel like going through them and picking out quotes this video should give you an idea of what the Predator is up against:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=URWdgsBqfsQ

Avatar image for robocopslayert800
RobocopSlayerT800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Predator would win easily. Predators are good at hunting and tracking down their prey. Predator can go invisible and Arbiter would never know where the pred is. The Predator could unexpectivly attack with shoulder canon weaponary or wrist blades.

Predators should have this 8/10

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pokergeist

Smiley kills the Arbiter.

@TheTmac said:

@nick_hero22: Nice scans but the Arbiter could do all of those things.The Arbiter has a couple of key advantages over the Predator

1.Better armor/shields wich are able to tank hits from powerful alien weapons from the future.

2.Better reflexes.Normal elites have been shown to give spartans trouble in h2h and most of the spartan IIs are bullet timers.(Predator loses to yakuza)

3.Better skill with his weapons.The Arbiter gets to use a energy sword a weapon that can cut through a tank like butter and he has been training with it his whole life.And again The Predator lost to a tired beat up yakuza member armed with only a katana.

And The Arbiter also has invisibility.

Since 99% of the feats wich show how strong and durable elites are are in books and I dont feel like going through them and picking out quotes this video should give you an idea of what the Predator is up against:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=URWdgsBqfsQ

I debate against Halo alot (being a 40K fan) and I seen the book passages that have a Plasma Gun one shoting the superior Master Chief Shields. Plasma Catser of the Pred will do the same. Arbiter Shields are not superior to the Plasma Caster nor had they ever shown superiority in Games or Books.

Arbiter is max 3-5 ton range. Predator is 1-3 range.

Pred also has way better gear to use here to win and has UNEARTHLY Materials itself that cut thru Titanium like butter.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By fatalsniper728

@CadenceV2: i didnt even know predator had all that, he's only using the weapons i meant for him to have haha

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By fatalsniper728

@TheTmac: i agree with you, and arbiter is supposed to be like 8 feet tall, the energy sword will slice through predator

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By theDCkid

Arbiter, predators are good but not at elite standards.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

So many users who posted in this thread clearly have no knowledge of a yautja at all.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By nick_hero22

@nick_hero22 said:

A more detailed OP would be helpful (What type of Predator are we using? What exactly does its arsenal consist of?)

Inphase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By Inphase

Just a normal Pred? Its Arbiter ftw.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ToO_RaW

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@too_raw: wouldn't arbiter be taller then predator ?

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think up close arbiter would win, and long range predator

Jezzza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmonster: "Given their predatory nature, a Sangheili's sense of smell is likely very developed.". "Their legs are digitigrade, with short upper and lower legs, and elongated tarsals, using the distal and intermediate phalanges to support their weight when walking. This arrangement possibly allows them to run very quickly and jump large distances". Also on, another note, while not proven Sangheilis (Elites) Have been suggested to be reptilian or scaly along with slitted eyes, if they are cold blooded then a predators heat seeking camo would be useless. Also, elites are marksmans with weapons such as the beamrifle they can shoot up to 1.5 kilometers and due to this range their speed is probably not far behind. Also someones argument that covenant gins are so slow and that a predator could dodge easily, this is not true, weapons for the covenant were slowed down for gameplay purposes regarding campaign. I think they are evenly matched with advantages over eachother, although personally i think arbiter would win due to his similarities to a spartan, wise elite (some are rageful) and to predator.

BadVoodoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BadVoodoo

hmm

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im leanign towards Arbiter, OP didn't specify, so we cna assume that its a standard Pred, which is not an ancient, and if we compare the races, Then a standard Pred is like a standard elite, Except this is the best of the best elites. So i feel as if he is more skilled.

in the end Arbiter Takes this 8/10 times

and if ancient then probably stalemate.

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DottiestMoon

Mostly everyone is one-sided here since they lack knowledge of an arbiter. Don't get me wrong I've use to be a big reader of the old AVP EU but arbiter got this one easily. Don't no where to start explaining.

SPYDA-MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't he just trap the arbiter in a bet then execute the arbiter like he did to a human in the first avp movie?

Arbiter is a lot bigger so less room in the net I'm assuming a carbine rifle would explode if it was cut up unlike the humans gun and if not he could grab his plasma sword to cut out but that still takes way to much time when somebody is trying to kill you because every millisecond is precious for both combatants

Not to mention you have smart discs and things like that

The mounted gun pred carries seems to be the same as the plasma rifle but slower and stronger and can be charge like a plasma pistol

I honestly don't see arbiter winning or being able to do anything unless predator has a "come at me bro" moment like he did with the Dutch character in the first movie plus you gotta remember his wrist bomb that's a big explosion and who says he activates it after a fatal injury he could activate it mid battle and take them both out.

Be honest I only like halo 1 and the arbiter in halo 3 and since I've only played as arbiter in halo 3 he is hands down my favorite character in that franchise

(In other words I don't wanna hear any fanboy crap cuz I disagree with anybody lol)

Final scores are

Long range predator 9/10

Close quarters Arbiter 10/10

Odds predator can cause them both to get blown up in close combat is probably 5/10

So it kinda be a draw there but I still see Arby outclassing him close range

zackg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this is old but I was looking for one like this. I say Arbiter. Even a high ranking Predator would lose. For one the normal Predators fight with honor. So if it gets down to were Arby pulls out the sword, the Predator will go for melee as well and that's problematic. The energy sword has stronger showings than the Predators melee weapons. Don'tet the games fool you. Energy swords last longer than 10 hits, that's just a gameplay mechanic. Arby has shown to be just as strong if not stronger than MC as Elites in cannon are said to still be stronger than Spartan 2s. The camp for Arby might not work but neither will the Pred's as Arby could smell him out, or just look for the glemer.