Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlessedbyHorus
No Caption Provided

Vs.

I created this thread to see where the Annihilators stake up after this thread.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/annihilators-vs-ultimates-and-squadron-supreme-1760415/

Lets say the Shield assembled some of the most powerful heros to stop the Annihilators, because the Shield and the Annihilators had a disagreement on how to stop the incursion.

Rules.

• Hulk is world breaker
  • Shaman Nate Grey
  • Stable Sentry
  • No prep
  • Win by death or Ko
  • No bfr

Round 1:

Morals on

Round 2:

Morals off

Who wins?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Annihilators still have the edge in Round 1 with the overall superior impressiveness of each member's feats and showings in spite of character or morals. They only really didn't beat the Avengers on Earth because they were holding back way more significantly and trying to talk to the Avengers they were fighting at some point, a plot device that wouldn't hold as much sway here. Round 2 is an even more comfortable majority for the Annihilators, and in both rounds mainly due to Surfer and Quasar as MVPs. A morals off Quasar would be much trouble for the Earth Annihilators, let alone a morals off Surfer. Moreover, Hyperion and Binary would be the severe weak links here, Gladiator has already displayed a clear superiority over Carol in her Binary form by himself and Hyperion doesn't have any good combative feats to measure him by in fields such as striking power, durability and speed. So the more powerful WBH and Spectrum can't carry the team against the real Annihilators.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Annihilators still have the edge in Round 1 with the overall superior impressiveness of each member's feats and showings in spite of character or morals. They only really didn't beat the Avengers on Earth because they were holding back way more significantly and trying to talk to the Avengers they were fighting at some point, a plot device that wouldn't hold as much sway here. Round 2 is an even more comfortable majority for the Annihilators, and in both rounds mainly due to Surfer and Quasar as MVPs. A morals off Quasar would be much trouble for the Earth Annihilators, let alone a morals off Surfer. Moreover, Hyperion and Binary would be the severe weak links here, Gladiator has already displayed a clear superiority over Carol in her Binary form by himself and Hyperion doesn't have any good combative feats to measure him by in fields such as striking power, durability and speed. So the more powerful WBH and Spectrum can't carry the team against the real Annihilators.

Thanks for the post. :)

Anyone else? I want this to be a solid debate. Also if anyone of you feel there should be a certain character to be replaced to make fight more even let me know.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Well if you're asking, I would personally select a replacement for either Binary or Hyperion, the former has been outclassed against one of the Annihilators' members and not even its most powerful one and the latter doesn't have enough quantifiable feats yet. Either one could do with a suitable replacement.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Well if you're asking, I would personally select a replacement for either Binary or Hyperion, the former has been outclassed against one of the Annihilators' members and not even its most powerful one and the latter doesn't have enough quantifiable feats yet. Either one could do with a suitable replacement.

I thought Binary would be able to contend with either Nova or Ronan.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Ronan's the only one Carol can actually fight against at best, Nova is also too much for her based on what I'm familiar with on Rider. He's got better feats, better use of his powers in combat and has fared better against more powerful foes. Plus he's also a capable energy absorper and manipulator so he can protect himself easily against Binary's energy attacks.

TheDEMON!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

imo wbh should be able to take down Glads with ease. Glads already got whooped by a weaker version of hulk. if not hulk Hyperion should be able to distract Glads and give him a tough fight. 714 Hyperion who is weaker then Hickmans Hyperion gave Glads a tough fight. iirc that Hyperion was only class 70. this hyperion is at least on the same level as Glads in strength. he held back two planets and the universe stopped a planet moving at the speed of sound and he easily lifted atlantis. so he should be around the same strength level as Glads. Spectrum can keep Qausar busy. Ronan can be taken out by BB or Binary. Or Binary can distract nova who imo I think is more powerful. Sentry vs SS would be a good fight. i think a stable Sentry can beat SS with his mm powers and not being able to die. i think Sentry can hang with surfer until most the other teams come in and jump surfer. im going with earth annihators in a tough fight.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger

The reason why I ask is because Binary has a lot of raw power. So much that she was able to destroy a planet.

No Caption Provided

I'll be honest and say I don't really follow Nova like that, but has it been stated that his energy is powerful enough to destroy a planet? Just asking, because destroying a planet takes a lot of raw power and puts Binary at least at low herald level.

@thedemon_

Wasn't Gladiator weakened in his fight against the Hulk?

Avatar image for silver_bullet23
silver_bullet23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By silver_bullet23

The Kallark vs. WBH and Sentry vs. SS arguments are going to cause this thread to implode on itself. Calling it right now.

Great match up btw! Round 1 I think could go either way, Round 2 goes to team 1.. morals off SS is scary :(

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Nova is a harder match up than Ronan? O.O

And Annihilators win both rounds for reasons stated.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jashro44

I think the annihilators win.

fabulousness17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which feats are allowed for Sentry? I only ask because some OP's like to separate Void/DSS/Stable Sentry feats.

If only stable Sentry feats are allowed, then I would favor the Annihilators for the reasons mentioned above. I feel that their team is overall more stacked.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

The annihilators are just more stacked in terms of power and both binary as well as hyperion are weak links, they would lose basically any match up, and it's the reverse case with silver surfer and quasar.

It really depends on matchups imo, hulk could take Glads, nova or Bill comfortably, but would be stomped by surfer or quasar because they're a bad matchup.

Id replace hyperion and binary personally.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really depends on Monica IMO. How good can she do against Surfer/Quasar? Can she drain them and can she basically 'become' cosmic energy? There are no definite answers, but these could be the keys to victory.

Also if Monica thinks about it she could amp either Hulk or Binary significantly.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anhilisyotd for both rounds, morals off being even easier, Binary and Hyperion are too much of a weak link.

@king_stranglehold_da_first:

No it was actually Hulk who was weakened, it's explained in Hulk context files.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

UPDATE:

Replaced Binary and Hyperion with Thor and Shaman Nate Grey.

Also how exactly is Hyperion a weak link?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lvenger

1. I think it's been stated somewhere and Nova has lobotomised Ego The Living Planet with a full Nova Force power blast. But more importantly, Nova's shields are capable of shielding him from planetary level attacks easily so even if he isn't a planet buster, he can survive a planet busting attack.
  2. That's the only time Binary has planet busted though and she's also burned out of the Binary form on multiple occasions. Plus, that's all Binary is, a low level Herald up against an entire team of High Heralds. She's useless against all of the Annihilators since they're way more powerful and versatile.
@highaccuser said:

@lvenger: Nova is a harder match up than Ronan? O.O

And Annihilators win both rounds for reasons stated.

Physically he'd be a harder match up, I think you'd agree with that. Anyway, my familiarity with Ronan is limited on knowledge of his feats and showings to past CAVs and tournies where Ronan was used. So feel free to remind me why Ronan would be a harder match up than Nova, I'm sure there must be good reasons why you think that based on the O.O part of your response. I'm guessing the full potential of the Universal Weapon is a big part of it.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

But wouldn't Binary be higher than Ronan?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: I'm waiting for @highaccuser to explain why he feels Ronan would be a harder fight than Nova so you can see that post for yourself when he's done.

Okay. And I'll be honest again I don't know much about Ronan either, I always thought he was around Super-Skrull level.

Anyways Nova seems pretty beast.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Sure he's better physically but his general feats and power levels are barely high tier. His versatility is pretty low in contrast as well and the only argument to me made is that Ronan occasionally goes physical.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lvenger
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Fair rebuttal but what about Ronan's versatility would make him more of a challenge to fight? Things are coming back to me like Ronan's uses of molecular manipulation and fighting Silver Surfer so that's what you would be referring to in Ronan being able to put up more of a fight?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yeah, he turned Gamora to glass with a weaker hammer (she somehow got better) and blew up Stellaris' armor by re-arranging the molecules in it and he can BFR people across the galaxy or trap them in absolute zero or statis fields.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yeah, he turned Gamora to glass with a weaker hammer (she somehow got better) and blew up Stellaris' armor by re-arranging the molecules in it and he can BFR people across the galaxy or trap them in absolute zero or statis fields.

Ah that's what I was looking for, I see why you responded that way. You might have convinced me on Ronan being tougher to fight than Nova then.

@lvenger said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: This CAV where HeirtotheKingdom represents Nova should offer you some more insight into Nova's feats and capabilities if you want to know a little more: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-firestorm-tnbb-vs-nova-prime-httk-1664482/

Thanks. Someone should make him a respect thread.

There's one on CV from a year ago and Reddit has a respect thread for Richard Rider's feats too.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure they can resist Nate's telepathy.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Closer and fairer now but I'll stick with what I said already, Annihilators edge out Round 1 and take Round 2 comfortably.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earth takes it now. Thor's a big edge as is Nate Grey

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

Earth takes it now.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

Earth has a shot now, all depends on who takes on Quasar and surfer though. The wrong move could cost team 1 big time.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Round 1: Team 1

Round 2: Team 2

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 stomp both rounds.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaman Nate and Sentry? You kidding right? They TP all of Annihilators, and on top of that both of them are reality warpers. It is pretty much a stomp in favor of Team 2.

Avatar image for silver_bullet23
silver_bullet23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shaman Nate makes team 2 OP

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I still think Quasar is going to manipulate Spectrum like there's no tomorrow and easily, he's by far one of the most powerful and efficient energy manipulators in Marvel and well, Spectrum is an energy-based character. Regardless, Nate can telepathically assault Silver Surfer which takes out one of their strongest members off the bat.

Could go either way and depends solely on arguments.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Team 2 has this due to Nate Grey and Sentry and for reasons already stated.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lvenger

Yeah this is definitely a closer fight with Shaman Nate on the team, don't know much about him, ssjgod does though. What I do know is that he's very powerful indeed, now the most significant MVP for the Earth Annihilators.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#42 owie  Moderator

If I break it down into pairings:

Thor and BRB cancel each other out.

Sentry beats Gladiator due to other powers beyond the physical.

Black Bolt beats Ronan.

Monica beats Nova Prime with difficulty.

Nate Grey vs Quasar may be somewhat equalish.

Surfer obviously beats WB Hulk.

It's what comes after that that's the problem.

Nate Grey and Sentry's TP is powerful, but Quasar and Surfer should be pretty immune to it. And I don't really want to get into whatever reality-warping powers Sentry has, because it will give me a headache. But it's conceivable that a Sentry who actually takes advantage of them could fight equally with Surfer. But I feel l like Surfer's skill at that sort of thing is greater than Sentry's and he would win.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

Round 1: Team 1

Round 2: Team 2

I only disagree bc it says sham Nate is in all rounds. Otherwise, this is accurate. Morals off Sentry can maybe solo everyone, minus Nate. Maybe...

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By reaverlation

Earth Annihilators stomp

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@ginman333: ok opinions are different no problem :)

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ginman333: As someone has stated above tho morals on Annihilators doesn’t make a huge difference whereas a lot of the earth team with morals on is gonna hold them back a lot (Thor, Spectrum,Hulk, etc) making it easier for the annihilators to give them a beatdown.

Now morals off imo apart from Quasar and Surfer the Annihilators get slaughtered.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could make a case for either however Sentry and Nate IMO could tide this there favour.

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer has to deal with Nate but Wendell can go absolute beast mode and make short work of Hulk and Monica to give the team some breathing room. Highly depends on who that 4th guy is (image won't load) on the earth team.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

monica is the weak link, she goes down too fast. but sentry?? ooof, annihilators have to hax asap, to get to sentry and nate.