Thanos vs Gorr

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@goldchamp101: imo killing that elder god wasn't that huge of a feat. Not all elder gods are created equal that one he fought had literally just been born as I recall while Gorr goes back in time and just mercilessly attacks him prob before the god even knew wth was going on. It just not a very impressive feat to me. Semi impressive. He beat the 3 Thors mainly because he already had a shit ton of minions summoned which he could use to distract and by having them slaughter all the remaining gods to strengthen him. Without those hundreds of slaves to massacre I think he would have lost that fight right off the bat when OKT godblasted him light years away. Gorr was seemingly on the verge of death right there(it said he knew fear for the first time) and he looked like hell when he gave the order to start the slaughter. Also using such a massive attack likely weakened OKT who was just beginning to regain his strength. I think the OKT we saw fight Galactus would make short work of Gorr in a random encounter.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me:

im not trying to lowball thanos

I was referring to another thread.

Gorr is a skyfather level character, not in destructive power but in the fact he can kill skyfather level beings. for example take thanos, he can hang with skyfathers for a bit but does he have the raw destructive capabilities on that level? no. ultron is another character like this, he can stomp whole teams of planet busters but he himself has never been shown even close to being a planet buster.

also, much of gorrs power is actually off panel. he killed an elder god off panel and all elder gods to my knowledge are at least skyfather level. gorr also took out every earth god as OKT is called the last god of earth, meaning gorr killed off Zeus, Krishna, Ra, all the other skyfathers and their pantheons.

as people have said by feats thanos>gorr (which is to be expected as thanos has decades of feats), but by looking at who the characters are supposed to be Gorr should stomp.

I disagree. I think Thanos is a low end skyfather, and even if Gorr would win, it would still be a close battle.

I see what you are saying though. Should Gorr stomp based on statements and scaling? Possibly. Does Gorr have the feats to support this? No, not nearly enough to prove he would stomp Thanos, and barely enough to suggest he could beat him.

gorr

lol did you even read what I wrote?

comictheif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By comictheif

@106me: yes I did but I'm still going with gorr

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: yes I did but I'm still going with gorr

And you're not even going to provide some reasoning or logic behind your answer?

comictheif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By comictheif

@106me: gorr has survived being throw in sun and then cover it in darkness

fought three thors at once, one of which had the odin force or the thor force what ever you what to call it

took an attack that send him several light year away

cover a planet with darkness

was stated to wrestled black holes for fun a feat which is most likely true

and as weapon that as defeated galactus in the past

I do agree that thanos is a low end skyfather but gorr as kill many gods most likely some which were at skyfather level so yeah I'm going with gorr takes it mid-diff

johnny_odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know where to ask this about Gorr, so I'll ask here.

If everything Gorr did was thanks to the necrosword amping him. Does that mean that the original god that wielded that sword was one of the most powerful beings In the universe? I mean, with that power he enslaved or kill every god In the universe and an elder god.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: gorr has survived being throw in sun and then cover it in darkness Weak

fought three thors at once, one of which had the odin force or the thor force what ever you what to call it Weak

took an attack that send him several light year away Weak

cover a planet with darkness Weak

was stated to wrestled black holes for fun a feat which is most likely true That would actually be a good feat if it were true

and as weapon that as defeated galactus in the past Scans?

I do agree that thanos is a low end skyfather but gorr as kill many gods most likely some which were at skyfather level so yeah I'm going with gorr takes it mid-diff

Thanos still has more advantages than Gorr, namely durability, tech, intelligence, TP, physical strength/power, reaction time, and most importantly is the fact that he doesn't need conjecture to go toe to toe with skyfather tiers. I think he would win more often then not.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

gorr gtw

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr puts a horrible beating on Thanos... The guy doesn't trade blows with a high-tier Skyfather like Old King Thor, he beats him!!! And not only him at that, but also Worthy Thor and Young Thor too, at the same time. Gorr outclasses Thanos in every single aspect...

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Thanos is getting beat here, would be much like his battle with tyrant only worse, if that sword slices the Titan its over he will take Thanos's Power and add it to his own

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know where to ask this about Gorr, so I'll ask here.

If everything Gorr did was thanks to the necrosword amping him. Does that mean that the original god that wielded that sword was one of the most powerful beings In the universe? I mean, with that power he enslaved or kill every god In the universe and an elder god.

Its not really clear. Its pretty much left to our imaginations how powerful the being he took it from was. As I recall there were two beings who landed on his planet and the one with the necrosword was barely still alive when Gorr took it from him and I think killed them both.

johnny_odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Yeah, I suppose we will never really know. The other god that died fighting should also be incredibly powerful!

Thanks for answering :)

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr wins.

teefurtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:
@comictheif said:

was stated to wrestled black holes for fun a feat which is most likely true That would actually be a good feat if it were true

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just read God of Thunder #1-12 and it wasn't Gorr who wrestled black holes for fun - Gorr killed a god who was said by Thor (who was told of this by others) to have wrestled black holes for fun.

Sorry about the large image - I can set the size smaller if it's annoying. Honestly, I just want Ribic's art to be shown in all its glory ;)
Sorry about the large image - I can set the size smaller if it's annoying. Honestly, I just want Ribic's art to be shown in all its glory ;)

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By adamTRMM

@teefurtree said:

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just read God of Thunder #1-12 and it wasn't Gorr who wrestled black holes for fun - Gorr killed a god who was said by Thor (who was told of this by others) to have wrestled black holes for fun.

Hard to be upset about that, significant portion of why Godbutcher arc was so good is because of Ribic.

And Gorr wins by the way.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:
@teefurtree said:

Hard to be upset about that, significant portion of why Godbutcher arc was so good is because of Ribic.

And Gorr wins by the way.

I disagree with your sentiment, although we all have our own opinions

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3:

What you don't like Ribic's art?! Damn ;)

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkseidThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

DarkseidThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody? Alot of people said gorr but when you look back at his feats, the OKT Gorr fought was clearly alot weaker than Odin when Thanos took so many blasts from him, Odin 1 shot surfer then proceeded to get gugnir to further amp his powers and thanos still lasted alot longer than when Gorr almost got 1 shot when OKT rekindled a bit of the Odin force

Thanos has way better durability than gorr looking at what I just pointed out and fighting in the sun like gorr did isn't really impressive in thanos tier when Thor, Beta Ray Bill, silver surfer and gladiator all have similar feats and we know thanos is more powerful than those Herald level characters, he's even survived a two light year wide black hole and I don't see gorr dishing out that much amount of damage

So we've got a OKT that almost 1 shot gorr when he rekindled some of the Odin force who was probably weakened after he blasted gorr since he didn't do it again, then we've got a Thor that thanos has made quick work of in the past, then we've got an unworthy Thor who kind of poses less of a threat than a worthy Thor or Beta Ray Bill who thanos basically 2 shotted when he fought the annihilators

Judging from how the Odin thanos fought seemed to be so much more powerful than the OKT Gorr beat, the 3 thors Gorr beat should also be taken out by the titan

So if thanos can actually get away from gorrs shadow demons and attack him full force I think gorr goes down

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseidthanos: Those three Thors would take out the Titan. OKT weilded the OF ten thousand years longer then Odin, melted Logan to slag in one shot, killed Amped hulk and thing while weakend and with one arm. Gave Galen hell by making him vomit the energy of a thousand suns, he alone would be a good match for Thanos, if not outright bes him. Plus the other two. I fail to see how Thanos without prep has a chance here. With the sword he would one shot

DarkseidThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By DarkseidThanos

@destinyman75: when gorr fought OKT the asgardian was at his weakest, there is a clear difference in the OKT that fought galactus and the OKT that fought gorr, the fight with galan had fireworks coming out the a** but OKT only used the OF on gorr once and almost 1 shotted him

Thanos' fights with Thor never last as much as the fight worthy Thor had with gorr 1 on 1, thanos always makes quick work of him, alot quicker than gorr did, then we've got an unworthy Thor who bit gorrs eye out but I guess we can say that was gorr jobbing since he was just holding unworthy Thor and trash talking him but judging from these 1 on 1 scenarios thanos would have taken out these two thors alot quicker than gorr did, if we attribute this to PIS just to make the story better I refer you back to the first paragraph, OKT didn't attack gorr with as much OF as odin did to Thanos or OKT did to galactus, he was at his weakest when he fought gorr

And Thor survived alot of attacks from gorrs sword so thanos should be able to take much more

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chumb

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Avatar image for dimlylitlantern
DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Gorr. I feel there is too big a power gap for Thanks to win. Old King Thor was pretty notably stronger than Odin and Gorr was able to completely destroy him.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has a lot more feats than Gorr. Logically Gorr should win, though.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos could win through TP, but if we have the common sense to assume Gorr has TP resist he wins. Odin >> OKT tho

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be a great fight. I think. Gorr isn't a skyfather level opponent like Odin lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OKT wasn't anywhere near his full power when he fought Gorr. Right now, he's operating at a level capable of potentially stalemating Galactus and fighting the Phoenix on near equal terms. The only thing that lets him down is his stamina, which is what let both Galactus and the Phoenix get the better of him. Before then, they're being depicted as near-equals, if not complete equals.

Could go either way, but the necrosword is more than capable of killing - and probably one-shotting - Thanos, so Gorr takes it.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Why do you say that Odin is above OKT? OKT has the Odinforce for a longer time than Odin did and Thor was born to be stronger than Odin in the first place. Not to mention that OKT did much better against Galactus than Odin did.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps. Gorr is a terrible fighter.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimlylitlantern: For one, that Galactus was weakened to the point that Ego beat him while he was amped, considering normal Galactus >> Ego, that's not good.

Particularly against Gorr, he hadn't done the Odin Sleep in a long period of time or used the Thor Force for hundreds of years, he was rusty and not doing great.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Gorr

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Gorr.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s funny cause the people who say Thanos would say Odin stomps Thanos, yet Gorr is arguably more powerful.

Avatar image for theserbianempire
TheSerbianEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Thanos, but Gorr wins imo.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Could go either way.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos kills him.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg:

Ego was the Necro world when he killed Galactus. The Necro Sword was a strong enough weapon to turn the relatively weak Gorr into a sky father class being based on how many gods he killed. Even without the massive amp, the Necro Sword is a pretty crazy weapon.

He was rusty, not super weak. He is still clearly shown to be above Modern Thor. In fact, I believe he talks about being filled with vigor as he is fighting Gorr at first.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimlylitlantern:

Ego was the Necro world when he killed Galactus. The Necro Sword was a strong enough weapon to turn the relatively weak Gorr into a sky father class being based on how many gods he killed. Even without the massive amp, the Necro Sword is a pretty crazy weapon.

Ego beat Necro Galactus unamped IIRC

He was rusty, not super weak. He is still clearly shown to be above Modern Thor. In fact, I believe he talks about being filled with vigor as he is fighting Gorr at first.

Ofc he' snot weaker then normal Thor. Just not close to as powerful as Odin.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg:

Ego beat Necro Galactus unamped IIRC

My memory serves that Galactus was winning until Ego bit him, taking the power of the Necro-Sword

Ofc he' snot weaker then normal Thor. Just not close to as powerful as Odin.

Based on what though? It isn't really a point brought up that OKT was weakened that much in the story. I feel he was losing hope more than anything at the beginning of the saga. Though, by the time he went to fight Gorr he was pretty rejuvenated. They both fought a hungry Galactus and only Odin was forced into a brief Odinsleep.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_odinson: not necessarily. The necro sword gets more powerful the more gods(god blood) it’s used to kill.

MrStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr