Thanos, Raven,Deathstroke vs Dr.Doom, Doomsday, wolverine

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlueHope

No BFR or Time Manipulation Place: inhabited city , Last incarnations, Thanos and Doomsday can die

Round1-Morals on

Round2-Bloodlusted

Round3-2 Days of prep for both teams(Just Thanos and Dr.Doom can make plans for the teams)

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2  Edited By Pokeysteve

Doomsday can always die. You have to be more specific.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BlueHope

@Pokeysteve said:

Doomsday can always die. You have to be more specific.

I mean he is not going to return

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pokeysteve

@BlueHope: Oh. OK. Going team two then. Doomsday is too powerful for that team.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#5  Edited By Joygirl

While I am a DC fangirl to the death I do believe Thanos > Doomsday. Slade is more than a match for Logan, but Doom and Raven are X-factors here. I am going to tentatively vote for team 1.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ToO_RaW

@Pokeysteve said:

Really? How so?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By laflux

Latest version of Thanos is a chump thanks to AA.

If we ignore Bendis' terrible writing, then Thanos can solo all three rounds IMO.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jeanroygrant

Thanos solo's every round.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NeonGameWave

Thanos all rounds.

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By beautifulrevery

Thanos murders everyone in the match.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pokeysteve

@ToO_RaW said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Really? How so?

It's Thanos vs Doomy basically and I think Dooms beats him. He's too strong, too fast and too durable. His evolution powers will eventually help him also......maybe.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 win every round.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ToO_RaW

@Pokeysteve said:

@ToO_RaW said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Really? How so?

It's Thanos vs Doomy basically and I think Dooms beats him. He's too strong, too fast and too durable. His evolution powers will eventually help him also......maybe.

I disagree completely, but I will respect your opinion. :)

There's no way he's stronger and there's no way he's too durable, in my own opinion. Thanos has put Champion with the PG on his ass, Drax with the PG on his ass, Drax and Hulk at the same time were put on their butts, and the list goes on. Before Thanos' multiple upgrades he casually busted planets with raw power while grappling with Drax. Unless this is an uber super version of Doomsday then I just can't see it your way.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ToO_RaW said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@ToO_RaW said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Really? How so?

I disagree completely, but I will respect your opinion. :)

There's no way he's stronger and there's no way he's too durable, in my own opinion. Thanos has put Champion with the PG on his ass, Drax with the PG on his ass, Drax and Hulk at the same time were put on their butts, and the list goes on. Before Thanos' multiple upgrades he casually busted planets with raw power while grappling with Drax. Unless this is an uber super version of Doomsday then I just can't see it your way.

The OP states its the last incarnation. would that make it Doomsday from Hunter/Prey before he was sent to the end of time or do you think he's referring to the clones in the later incarnations? 

Doom > Raven
Wolverine > Deathstroke (but I like Slade way more) 
Physically Doomsday > Thanos depending on the version, if it's a weaker version of Doomsday then I'll say Thanos maybe could = him but even then its a bit of a stretch. 

What do you think?
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pooty

@Supermanwithatan01: The OP states its the last incarnation. would that make it Doomsday from Hunter/Prey before he was sent to the end of time or do you think he's referring to the clones in the later incarnations?

I was thinking of the Doomsday that can mimic powers and beat a whole group of Kryptonians. Is that the most recent Doomsday? Or is there a more recent one? Also is the Doomsday I'm referring to a clone? Cloned by who?

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@Supermanwithatan01: The OP states its the last incarnation. would that make it Doomsday from Hunter/Prey before he was sent to the end of time or do you think he's referring to the clones in the later incarnations?

I was thinking of the Doomsday that can mimic powers and beat a whole group of Kryptonians. Is that the most recent Doomsday? Or is there a more recent one? Also is the Doomsday I'm referring to a clone? Cloned by who?

General Lang I believe, Doomsday was exhibiting an increased, broadened power set which seemed to adapt to each of his opponents, attacked, defeated and abducted Steel, the Cyborg Superman, the Eradicator, Supergirl and Superboy, before taking them to a cloaked satellite at the former location of New Krypton. Superman discovers that this was all part of a plot by Lex Luthor, which has now become obsolete; after locating the satellite, Superman attempts to free his allies, only for them all to discover the apparently still-inert body of Doomsday, as well as three separate clones or copies - each with a different powerset. Before that Doomsday was under General Lang's watch and I suppose he and/or Lex were behind this.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pooty

@Supermanwithatan01: I hope you have time for a history lesson on Doomsday. The DD that killed Superman was also killed. The next Doomsday that appeared.....was that the same Doomsday that killed Superman? Or a clone?

The next Doomsday had to be sent to the end of time correct? Every Doomsday after that has been a clone correct? The original Doomsday is dead correct?

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By whydama

@pooty:

I think he came back from the end of time. Then, he got blasted by Imperiex and permanently died

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By Saren

The original Doomsday was killed by Imperiex during Our Worlds At War. He never came back from that. Every subsequent version was a clone.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@Supermanwithatan01: I hope you have time for a history lesson on Doomsday. The DD that killed Superman was also killed. The next Doomsday that appeared.....was that the same Doomsday that killed Superman? Or a clone?

The next Doomsday had to be sent to the end of time correct? Every Doomsday after that has been a clone correct? The original Doomsday is dead correct?

Haha its okay. 

I'm not a Doomsday expert but I'll do my best. The Doomsday that killed Superman was strapped to an asteroid and shot into space (yep...). He was killed but came back to life I believe because at the end of "Death of Superman" he's laughing on the asteroid. 
Then "Hunter/Prey" happened. Doomsdays asteroid goes through a wormhole and is found by a scavenger ship. Basically this time he beats everyone to death and is sent to the end of time, or Entropy, by Waverider
Then "Doomsday Wars" Prin Vnok who is a lackey for Brainiac basically kidnaps Doomsday before the end of time lol. All that happens is basically Brainiac fuses with Doomsday. Superman thwarted Brainiac's plot by driving him out of Doomsday's body via the use of a telepathy-blocking 'psi-blocker'. He then lured Doomsday to the moon, where he placed Doomsday in a kind of stasis so that he can not escape. Something about being at on 25% brain function.
Then he is freed by Luthor in "Our Worlds at War" and he fights Imperiex then is basically disintegrated. 

After that Luthor speeds up his recovery by merging Kal-El's DNA with Doomsdays. Doomsday is a lot weaker and ends up defeated by Supes basically showing Superman won't lose to him anymore. Doomsday has emotions and crap so it makes him basically a pansy. Darkseid gets ahold of Doomsday, tries cloning him. It gets lame from there. Supes defeats Doomsday a couple more times. 

Then "Reign of Doomsday" happens and basically Doomsday, exhibiting an increased, broadened power set which seemed to adapt to each of his opponents, attacked, defeated and abducted Steel, the Cyborg Superman, the Eradicator, Supergirl and Superboy, before taking them to a cloaked satellite at the former location of New Krypton. Superman discovers that this was all part of a plot by Lex Luthor, which has now become obsolete; after locating the satellite, Superman attempts to free his allies, only for them all to discover the apparently still-inert body of Doomsday, as well as three separate clones or copies - each with a different powerset.tempting to flee from the clones with Doomsday, the Superman Family discover that their ship is now on course for Earth with the potential to trigger an extinction-level-event if it strikes, only for their attempt to divert the ship being interrupted by a being called 'Doomslayer', resembling a cyborg version of Doomsday- later revealed to be a Doomsday who was tossed down an infinite tube that gave it time to evolve-, who effortlessly tears Eradicator apart and proclaims that Earth must die for the futureoomslayer believes the original Doomsday to be an infection, so it plans to destroy Earth, as it considers Earth to be ground zero for Doomsday's "infection". Superman and his friends escape the ship with the original Doomsday and stop the ship from crashing on Earth, pushing it into Metropolis's bay. Afterward, Doomslayer attacks the city with the Doomsday clones, determined to erase all trace and knowledge of Doomsday from existence.e clones spread across the world, wreaking havoc, while Doomslayer's second plan is to get the Doomsdays to reach the Earth's core so that he can expand the universe inside the ship's tower and destroy the planet from within, thus erasing all knowledge of Doomsday from the universe. Superman's allies use the original Doomsday's body to try to find a way to stop the Doomsday clones. Doomsday awakens, but Eradicator (Who was thought to be killed by Doomslayer) was in control. As Eradicator and the heroes' attack the Doomsday clones, he warns that Doomsday's mind is beginning to awaken.the final battle, Superman makes contact with the ship's artificial intelligence before it reaches Earth's core, hoping to have the tower teleport away. Meanwhile, the Doomsday clones were defeated by Earth's heroes and sent back into the pit the tower is located in. Eradicator then arrives and defends Superman from Doomslayer. He quickly throws Superman out of the tower and allows himself to be trapped with Doomslayer before the tower teleports away...

To my knowledge there isn't an appearance of Doomsday in the New 52. 

That's why I asked what Version of Doomsday we're using. DOS Doomsday, H/P Doomsday (spite) and Doomslayer would all kill Thanos.
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dondave

Team 1 ftw

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By whydama

Doomsday will die if he ever goes up against Thanos (pre AA). Post Bendis Thanos will lose to Iron Fist.

Raven will prob lose to Dr Doom if no bloodlust. Bloodlusted Raven should win.

Wolverine vs Deathstroke is a tough one. I will give it to Deathstroke.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whydama said:

Doomsday will die if he ever goes up against Thanos (pre AA). Post Bendis Thanos will lose to Iron Fist.

Raven will prob lose to Dr Doom if no bloodlust. Bloodlusted Raven should win.

Wolverine vs Deathstroke is a tough one. I will give it to Deathstroke.

Doomsday's incarnations smashed through the Justice League including Flash and West. If we're using the last incarnation then I'm assuming it's Doomslayer. He evolved on the fly like Pooty said. Thanos wouldn't stand a chance against most versions of Doomsday who make Hulk, Drax, Thanos and Gladiator pale in comparison.

Doom bloodlusted killed a Watcher and then a reality warper. He's defeated Nightmare, Brother Voodoo, Ghost Riders, Dormammu (as Sorcerer Supreme), Morgan Le Fay and even Amora was subservient to him all throughout secret wars. Raven would need to be a vessel for her fathers power to contend and even then losing is beneath Doom, he'd probably summon the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak or drain Trigon's magical power like he did to Nightmare and Chthon's life force. 

Wolverines healing factor come into account here. I prefer Slade ever since teen titans and I can't stand Logan but he would just keep coming until Slade is defeated. He's superior in nearly every way besides intellect. 

Dooms plan could counter Thanos'. Thanos is handled physically by Doomsday, Doom handles Raven and Logan heals more than Deathstroke so he stalemates or wins until Doomsday or Doom finish their opponents. IMO
whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By whydama

@Supermanwithatan01:

Doomsday got killed while killing Superman. Thanos casually kills Silver Surfer in 6 punches. At his max, he killed the Rot. Doomsday doesn't come anywhere close to that. Thanos is superior to Doomsday in every way. Doomsday is the ultimate living organism in the DCU, he can die but he will come back eventually. Thanos, however, is flat out unkillable. Thanos also smashed through the Revengers and Lord Marvel. Doomsday doesn't stand a chance against someone like Lord Marvel.

I dont know whether Doom could drain Trigon. But what you said might be an option for Doom.

Slade can just KO Wolverine. He doesnt need to kill Wolverine. Deathstroke has a healing factor too.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pooty

@Supermanwithatan01: Doom bloodlusted killed a Watcher and then a reality warper

Wasn't Doom powered up when he did those things? He doesn't have those powers anymore I thought.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whydama said:

@Supermanwithatan01:

Doomsday got killed while killing Superman. Thanos casually kills Silver Surfer in 6 punches. At his max, he killed the Rot. Doomsday doesn't come anywhere close to that. Thanos is superior to Doomsday in every way. Doomsday is the ultimate living organism in the DCU, he can die but he will come back eventually. Thanos, however, is flat out unkillable. Thanos also smashed through the Revengers and Lord Marvel. Doomsday doesn't stand a chance against someone like Lord Marvel.

I dont know whether Doom could drain Trigon. But what you said might be an option for Doom.

Slade can just KO Wolverine. He doesnt need to kill Wolverine. Deathstroke has a healing factor too.

No. Thanos WAS flatout unkillable.. Not anymore. Doomsday evolved past death and had to be sent to the end of time to be destroyed... Thanos isn't defeating him

@pooty said:

@Supermanwithatan01: Doom bloodlusted killed a Watcher and then a reality warper

Wasn't Doom powered up when he did those things? He doesn't have those powers anymore I thought.

No, he was sent back in time by Clyde as punishment but his "hatred" kept him alive. He then survives and spends millions of years mastering the dark arts. He literally re-creates every molecule in his existence then kills the Watcher for having seen this. He admits he could have killed Clyde but he wanted him to suffer. He was only amped by his experience. As for now, alas he hasn't been around much. Ik he achieved godhood in Childrens crusade and then got 2 infinity Gauntlets (from other dimensions though) in the Future Foundation storyline, I'm currently unaware of his whereabouts now.
whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By whydama

@Supermanwithatan01 said:

@whydama said:

@Supermanwithatan01:

No. Thanos WAS flatout unkillable.. Not anymore. Doomsday evolved past death and had to be sent to the end of time to be destroyed... Thanos isn't defeating him

@pooty said:

No, he was sent back in time by Clyde as punishment but his "hatred" kept him alive. He then survives and spends millions of years mastering the dark arts. He literally re-creates every molecule in his existence then kills the Watcher for having seen this. He admits he could have killed Clyde but he wanted him to suffer. He was only amped by his experience. As for now, alas he hasn't been around much. Ik he achieved godhood in Childrens crusade and then got 2 infinity Gauntlets (from other dimensions though) in the Future Foundation storyline, I'm currently unaware of his whereabouts now.

Read my previous response. I said Pre Bendis Thanos. Imperative Thanos is unkillable. No reason to assume that AA Thanos is killable, but I hate that retcon so, he is.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos was only unkillable because death trapped him in the cancerverse. Death has amped him a few times.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By whydama

@Supermanwithatan01:

No, Thanos is just unkillable, inside or outside the Cancerverse.

I_am_Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By I_am_Warlock

Thanos was only unkillable because death trapped him in the cancerverse. Death has amped him a few times.

Thanos became unkillable in Thanos Imperative before he even entered the cancerverse, not sure what you are talking about.

Death amped him when he came back to life, its more of an upragde as it was permanent, an amp from Death to Thanos has never been temporary.

No. Thanos WAS flatout unkillable.. Not anymore.

While this might be true, i would like to hear why you are stating this as a fact. There is absolutely nothing as per comics or bio that suggest his avatar of Death status and hence his un-killability no longer exists.

Doomsday evolved past death and had to be sent to the end of time to be destroyed... Thanos isn't defeating him

Doomsday evolving past death is but a statement made by a scientist, which has been proven outright false as he has been killed twice from which he never recovered.

I see Thanos has a good enough chance to beat him, given while Thanos isnt physically superior to Doomsday he has powerful energy manipulation. Besides if Doctor Psycho can program Doomsday's mind i would say so can Thanos.

No, he was sent back in time by Clyde as punishment but his "hatred" kept him alive. He then survives and spends millions of years mastering the dark arts. He literally re-creates every molecule in his existence then kills the Watcher for having seen this. He admits he could have killed Clyde but he wanted him to suffer. He was only amped by his experience

Yeah that however you see is huge prep, a million freakin years of prep still Dr. Doom himself admits Clyde's power as MOD dwarf's his and just sat there and let Dr. Doom alonside current version of Clyde to weaken MOD, and only landed the final blow.

Saying Dr Doom killed a watcher or MOD is overstretching what he did during that story arc. When they fought for the first time, he was humilated, Latveria destroyed and him BFR to be eaten by Megaladons.

He was only amped by his experience. As for now, alas he hasn't been around much. Ik he achieved godhood in Childrens crusade and then got 2 infinity Gauntlets (from other dimensions though) in the Future Foundation storyline, I'm currently unaware of his whereabouts now.

He was sent there by Valarie, and both of them are alternate reality IG much weaker than 616 counterpart, sad part is after Hickman left that story arc is likely to be retconned or totally forgotten.

And he was handed the gauntlet by Valarie, he did not achieve it, that was her present to Dr. Doom for helping Reed.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whydama said:

@Supermanwithatan01:

No, Thanos is just unkillable, inside or outside the Cancerverse.

I would like a scan showing Thanos is unkillable now. He was made the avatar of Death by Death, he isn't in her good graces anymore and he was trapped in the cancerverse. I have not see any reason to believe he's still unkillable. 

@I_am_Warlock said:

Thanos became unkillable in Thanos Imperative before he even entered the cancerverse, not sure what you are talking about.

Death amped him when he came back to life, its more of an upragde as it was permanent, an amp from Death to Thanos has never been temporary.

Death resurrected Thanos on more than one occassion and had given him key information in his story arcs. Cancerverse characters can't be killed. The only thing this proves is marvel finds it easier to upgrade a character they use far less often than Doctor Doom who they use obviously more frequently.

No. Thanos WAS flatout unkillable.. Not anymore.

While this might be true, i would like to hear why you are stating this as a fact. There is absolutely nothing as per comics or bio that suggest his avatar of Death status and hence his un-killability no longer exists.

He isn't the avatar of Death anymore. Death banished him remember? He was just defeated by the Avengers not killed. There's no reason to believe his un-killable anymore.

Doomsday evolved past death and had to be sent to the end of time to be destroyed... Thanos isn't defeating him

Doomsday evolving past death is but a statement made by a scientist, which has been proven outright false as he has been killed twice from which he never recovered.

I see Thanos has a good enough chance to beat him, given while Thanos isnt physically superior to Doomsday he has powerful energy manipulation. Besides if Doctor Psycho can program Doomsday's mind i would say so can Thanos.

H/P Did evolve past death, they had to send him to the end of time. Doomslayer could evolve on the fly. As I said earlier when I asked which version of Doomsday we're using. Either one would kill Thanos regardless of his manipulation powers. Doctor Psycho reprogrammed Doomsdays mind in Infinite Crises, completely separate versions of the character. If you read the comic, Doomsday was much, much weaker.

No, he was sent back in time by Clyde as punishment but his "hatred" kept him alive. He then survives and spends millions of years mastering the dark arts. He literally re-creates every molecule in his existence then kills the Watcher for having seen this. He admits he could have killed Clyde but he wanted him to suffer. He was only amped by his experience

Yeah that however you see is huge prep, a million freakin years of prep still Dr. Doom himself admits Clyde's power as MOD dwarf's his and just sat there and let Dr. Doom alonside current version of Clyde to weaken MOD, and only landed the final blow.

Saying Dr Doom killed a watcher or MOD is overstretching what he did during that story arc. When they fought for the first time, he was humilated, Latveria destroyed and him BFR to be eaten by Megaladons.

Okay Doctor Doom did kill a watcher and the Marquis of death. The extent of his power was never seen because he just wanted the MOD to suffer. Its in the story maybe you should read it. I know that Clydes power was far greater than Dooms, but it's far greater than Thanos' as well. He's a high end reality warper...

He was only amped by his experience. As for now, alas he hasn't been around much. Ik he achieved godhood in Childrens crusade and then got 2 infinity Gauntlets (from other dimensions though) in the Future Foundation storyline, I'm currently unaware of his whereabouts now.

He was sent there by Valarie, and both of them are alternate reality IG much weaker than 616 counterpart, sad part is after Hickman left that story arc is likely to be retconned or totally forgotten.

And he was handed the gauntlet by Valarie, he did not achieve it, that was her present to Dr. Doom for helping Reed.

Okay again I've already addressed this. I said from other dimensions. The IG is not weaker it just only works in its respective universe. You're ignoring what I wrote.
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By Outside_85

@CitizenBane said:

The original Doomsday was killed by Imperiex during Our Worlds At War. He never came back from that. Every subsequent version was a clone.

If I am not mistaken, didn't Luthor collect the bones and wait for Doomsday to regrow before handing him off to Darkseid for his help against Imperiex?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By Saren

@Outside_85 said:

@CitizenBane said:

If I am not mistaken, didn't Luthor collect the bones and wait for Doomsday to regrow before handing him off to Darkseid for his help against Imperiex?

He collected the remains and used the DNA from them in combination with Superman's DNA to clone a new Doomsday. Which he then handed off to Darkseid.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By Outside_85

@CitizenBane: I have a hard time believing that, because it would have been that creature Lex sent off that Darkseid couldn't successfully duplicate and only managed to make the cheap copies he sent at Themyscira in Superman/Batman: Supergirl. As good as Lex might be, I think Darkseid and his are better at the whole science thing.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Outside_85 said:

@CitizenBane: I have a hard time believing that, because it would have been that creature Lex sent off that Darkseid couldn't successfully duplicate and only managed to make the cheap copies he sent at Themyscira in Superman/Batman: Supergirl. As good as Lex might be, I think Darkseid and his are better at the whole science thing.

I know this makes no sense, writers seem to go moron when Doomsday is apart of the storylines. Some make him over powerful and some make him a thinking weakling
spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By spawn_123

I think that team 2 wins

I_am_Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By I_am_Warlock

I would like a scan showing Thanos is unkillable now. He was made the avatar of Death by Death, he isn't in her good graces anymore and he was trapped in the cancerverse. I have not see any reason to believe he's still unkillable.

So you make up your own stuffs and ask people for proof? Thats your idea of debate?

I would love to see anything that suggest Thanos is no longer the avatar of Death, his most recent appearence in X-force , in Pip dream still shows him as an avatar of death.

Stop pretending something is not valid when you have no proof to suggest so. Its still canon to Thanos, has never been retconned, might have change but we dont have a confirmation either way.

Death resurrected Thanos on more than one occassion and had given him key information in his story arcs. Cancerverse characters can't be killed. The only thing this proves is marvel finds it easier to upgrade a character they use far less often than Doctor Doom who they use obviously more frequently.

Another one of your fan fiction. Thanos has only resurrected Thanos once, in silver surfer ties in as prelude to Infinity Gauntlet story arc, and Death never gave thanos any key information, apart from there being imbalance between life and death. Thanos learns the information from Infinity Well, not death, stop making up stories.

Cancerverse character not being killable has no bearing as Thanos is not from cancerverse, has never been.

He isn't the avatar of Death anymore. Death banished him remember? He was just defeated by the Avengers not killed. There's no reason to believe his un-killable anymore.

Death banished him? I mean what have you been reading. Thanos asked Death to be killed, Death refused to take Thanos.

still looks like Avatar of Death to me.

H/P Did evolve past death, they had to send him to the end of time. Doomslayer could evolve on the fly. As I said earlier when I asked which version of Doomsday we're using. Either one would kill Thanos regardless of his manipulation powers. Doctor Psycho reprogrammed Doomsdays mind in Infinite Crises, completely separate versions of the character. If you read the comic, Doomsday was much, much weaker.

Another fabrication. If Hunter/ Prey has evolved past death how did the same version die in Hunter/ Prey then again in Our World At War.

Doctor Psycho reprogrammed Doomsday's mind in Our World At War and NOT Infinity Crisis, and no he wasnt weaker or a seperate character, show how much you about the character. Doomsday was programmed to see Superman in place of Imperix probes, you know the probes that never appeared during Infinity Crisis.

Christ on a candle stick, stop making things up and ask people to read comics.

Okay Doctor Doom did kill a watcher and the Marquis of death. The extent of his power was never seen because he just wanted the MOD to suffer. Its in the story maybe you should read it. I know that Clydes power was far greater than Dooms, but it's far greater than Thanos' as well. He's a high end reality warper...

Doctor Doom killed a watcher after a million months of prep. Not the most convincing argument if you ask me.

I have never said anything against him wanting MOD to suffer, but what i was point out was Dr. Doom apart from gloating has absolutely nothing to do with MOD's death, it was Reed Richard that destroyed MOD, all Dr. Doom did was last a final killing blow.

Clydes powers vs Thanos is inconsequential, because thats something you tried to pass off as Doom's feat when Doom did not do anything noteworthy.

Okay again I've already addressed this. I said from other dimensions. The IG is not weaker it just only works in its respective universe. You're ignoring what I wrote.

I am not ignoring what you wrote, IG from alternate reality, thus far have been shown weaker because they do not work on different universe to their own when 616 IG has worked twice in Ultraverse, which is not only a different universe, but a universe that lies outside Marvel multiverse. Furthermore, an alternate reality IG when weilded by Thanos got his armed cut off by wolverine, Impossible man with alternate IG was scared of Eternity, and alternate IG have nothing to show they operate more than a universal power while 616 does.

Not to mention its nothing to do with prep, Doom was send there by Valarie, he woke up and found dead bodies of alternate reality Reed, and IG lying there. He did not do anything to suggest it was a prep feat.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@I_am_Warlock said:

So you make up your own stuffs and ask people for proof? Thats your idea of debate?

No, I am saying Thanos is clearly no where near Imperatives power level.  

I would love to see anything that suggest Thanos is no longer the avatar of Death, his most recent appearence in X-force , in Pip dream still shows him as an avatar of death.

I didn't know that I stand corrected.

Stop pretending something is not valid when you have no proof to suggest so. Its still canon to Thanos, has never been retconned, might have change but we dont have a confirmation either way.

I'm not pretending to know either but I don't see Thanos nearly the way he was.

Another one of your fan fiction. Thanos has only resurrected Thanos once, in silver surfer ties in as prelude to Infinity Gauntlet story arc, and Death never gave thanos any key information, apart from there being imbalance between life and death. Thanos learns the information from Infinity Well, not death, stop making up stories.

I mean helped* Thanos on more than one occasion. She resurrected him and showed him the Infinity well. No wonder he has the hots for her.

Cancerverse character not being killable has no bearing as Thanos is not from cancerverse, has never been. 

Death wouldn't take him, I thought the ploy was to make him stay until the cancerverses end?

Death banished him? I mean what have you been reading. Thanos asked Death to be killed, Death refused to take Thanos.

Another fabrication. If Hunter/ Prey has evolved past death how did the same version die in Hunter/ Prey then again in Our World At War.

What? He wasn't killed he was sent to the end of time, Recovered later by Brainiac.

Doctor Psycho reprogrammed Doomsday's mind in Our World At War and NOT Infinity Crisis, and no he wasnt weaker or a seperate character, show how much you about the character. Doomsday was programmed to see Superman in place of Imperix probes, you know the probes that never appeared during Infinity Crisis.

During Infinite Crises Doomsday was freed from captivity in a cavern near the center of the Earth by Doctor Psycho and Warp. He was then mind-controlled by Doctor Psycho and used as the "spear-carrier". This is what I thought you were referring to. H/p Doomsday was >>> after he could think

Doctor Doom killed a watcher after a million months of prep. Not the most convincing argument if you ask me.

It's NOT, I repeat NOT, an example of prep. Thanos would have fared the same way so this point is moot. He achieved his goal. From a prep standpoint thats an A+ regardless of how lame they made it appear to be.

I have never said anything against him wanting MOD to suffer, but what i was point out was Dr. Doom apart from gloating has absolutely nothing to do with MOD's death, it was Reed Richard that destroyed MOD, all Dr. Doom did was last a final killing blow.

Reed didn't destroy the MOD, Clyde fought the Marquis (yes Clyde lol) until he was defeated. The Marquis was extremely weakened. THEN the Fantastic Four, channeling infinite power for like 24.3 seconds, fought him and defeated him. Thats when Doom showed up and killed him. He admits MOD power was far greater, I acknowledged that so Idk what this is about..

Clydes powers vs Thanos is inconsequential, because thats something you tried to pass off as Doom's feat when Doom did not do anything noteworthy.

It matters because Dooms hatred fueled him to overcome the MOD in the end. Survival and perseverance is the key. Thats the point not a prep feat but it is a Doom feat. Determination and Perseverance.

I am not ignoring what you wrote, IG from alternate reality, thus far have been shown weaker because they do not work on different universe to their own when 616 IG has worked twice in Ultraverse, which is not only a different universe, but a universe that lies outside Marvel multiverse. Furthermore, an alternate reality IG when weilded by Thanos got his armed cut off by wolverine, Impossible man with alternate IG was scared of Eternity, and alternate IG have nothing to show they operate more than a universal power while 616 does.

ok.

Not to mention its nothing to do with prep, Doom was send there by Valarie, he woke up and found dead bodies of alternate reality Reed, and IG lying there. He did not do anything to suggest it was a prep feat.

And Thanos was given the HOTU. That he was preordained to have by being guided to the power. He had a road map to the infinity gems and achieved his goal. Badass, good for him but it doesnt top the Beyonder feat. Doom and Thanos have both had CC. The only difference is their perspective and ambitions. Thanos wants universal power for a broad, and Doom wants all to bow before him on earth. He doesn't seem to really care about Universal power. Though he did become godlike in Avengers Childrens Crusade. Thats more of a magical/usurping feat rather than a prep feat. Again, imo alone.
I_am_Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By I_am_Warlock

No, I am saying Thanos is clearly no where near Imperatives power level.

I didn't know that I stand corrected.

I'm not pretending to know either but I don't see Thanos nearly the way he was.

We dont know what power level he current is. That is likely true he isnt in the power level, but you are saying as if there is something things that happened like Avatar of Death status is not longer valid.

Which could very well be the case, we just dont have confirmation yet, so i am going with what is canon and what should be true, despite Bendis doing whatever he likes.

I mean helped* Thanos on more than one occasion. She resurrected him and showed him the Infinity well. No wonder he has the hots for her.

Death never showed Thanos the infinity well, it was done on his own accord, and unless its now recton Thanos should still have access to Infinity Well.

What? He wasn't killed he was sent to the end of time, Recovered later by Brainiac.

He was killed during H/P as good as dead it gets.

Zero Hour is what compelled everything to have a second time, and Braniac recovers him before he is killed.

No Caption Provided

During Infinite Crises Doomsday was freed from captivity in a cavern near the center of the Earth by Doctor Psycho and Warp. He was then mind-controlled by Doctor Psycho and used as the "spear-carrier". This is what I thought you were referring to. H/p Doomsday was >>> after he could think

I have little to no clue what you are talking about.

During Our World at War, before Infinity Crisis where its the same doomsday as H/P Dr. Pyscho mindcontrolled Doomsday so he would see Superman instead of Imperix probe, thats was the reason Doomday fought alonside Superman and got killed by Imperix.

Doomsday isnt a good guy to go around fighting Imperix for no reason.

It's NOT, I repeat NOT, an example of prep. Thanos would have fared the same way so this point is moot. He achieved his goal. From a prep standpoint thats an A+ regardless of how lame they made it appear to be.

Why did you bring up to begin with?

Its not a prep feat, and all he did was let Reed Richard do what he wants, it has nothing to do with prep capabilities.

Reed didn't destroy the MOD, Clyde fought the Marquis (yes Clyde lol) until he was defeated. The Marquis was extremely weakened. THEN the Fantastic Four, channeling infinite power for like 24.3 seconds, fought him and defeated him. Thats when Doom showed up and killed him. He admits MOD power was far greater, I acknowledged that so Idk what this is about..

I know i have read the story.

Clyde was brought there by Fantastic Four, Thing in particular. Doesnt change what i said, Doom didnt do jack there.

It matters because Dooms hatred fueled him to overcome the MOD in the end. Survival and perseverance is the key. Thats the point not a prep feat but it is a Doom feat. Determination and Perseverance.

It still doesnt matter as he achieved nothing. Allowing your mortal enemy to kill your enemy is by no means a prep feat.

It shows he was will to survive, which is good and dandy, but moot .

And Thanos was given the HOTU. That he was preordained to have by being guided to the power. He had a road map to the infinity gems and achieved his goal. Badass, good for him but it doesnt top the Beyonder feat. Doom and Thanos have both had CC. The only difference is their perspective and ambitions. Thanos wants universal power for a broad, and Doom wants all to bow before him on earth. He doesn't seem to really care about Universal power. Though he did become godlike in Avengers Childrens Crusade. Thats more of a magical/usurping feat rather than a prep feat. Again, imo alone.

So?

Thanos wasnt given the cosmic cube, Thanos wasnt given the infinity gauntlet either.

The road map is what thanos obtained himself, Death never showed him anything.

Doom with CC conquered Asgard and beat Galactus, Thanos with CC replace eternity, his feats are still grand.

Given extra resources Thanos has at his disposal and better power level i see no reason to believe Doom would beat him in this encounter.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ToO_RaW

@whydama said:

Did anybody actually read the Avengers Assemble comic?

1. Thanos was possessed by a man-made cosmic cube.

2. Thor destroyed it and when Thanos came to he was off balance and most likely a little out of it from the experience, and at that moment he was swarmed.

3. He had Thor, Hulk, Red Hulk, Mary Marvel, Thing, Iron Man, War Machine, etc, etc pound on him and he wasn't even knocked out.

He was hopelessly out numbered considering the Elders of the Universe were standing there as well. Looking at Thanos' history, Thanos' most likely knew this which is why he didn't fight back and it's probably part of his plan, which we will see in April via Thanos Rises.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By 18hunt

TEam one

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hyper_God

@I_am_Warlock said:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/102264/2745872-xfactor_zone_003.jpg

That's part of a dream sequence . Pip the troll's dream to be precise . In fact on the very next page , the dream has a rather embarrassing moment for Thanos(even though he was figment of Pip's imagination in this case) .

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By whydama

@ToO_RaW said:

@whydama said:

2. Thor destroyed it and when Thanos came to he was off balance and most likely a little out of it from the experience, and at that moment he was swarmed.

3. He had Thor, Hulk, Red Hulk, Mary Marvel, Thing, Iron Man, War Machine, etc, etc pound on him and he wasn't even knocked out.

He was hopelessly out numbered considering the Elders of the Universe were standing there as well. Looking at Thanos' history, Thanos' most likely knew this which is why he didn't fight back and it's probably part of his plan, which we will see in April via Thanos Rises.

Dude. Let it go. We, the fans of Thanos, were screwed by Bendis who completely ignored the ending of Imperative to amp the movie.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ToO_RaW

@whydama said:

@ToO_RaW said:

@whydama said:

Dude. Let it go. We, the fans of Thanos, were screwed by Bendis who completely ignored the ending of Imperative to amp the movie.

But we weren't screwed. What I numbered out is exactly what happened. I don't see how it can be used against Thanos in a battle...

I_am_Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By I_am_Warlock

@Hyper_God said:

That's part of a dream sequence . Pip the troll's dream to be precise . In fact on the very next page , the dream has a rather embarrassing moment for Thanos(even though he was figment of Pip's imagination in this case) .

I know i even mention that on my post.

Our argument was whether Thanos is an avatar of death or not, my point was he is still likely the avatar of death because there is nothing that says his avatar of death was revoked and that Pip dream seem to portray him as such as well. Its on the first paragraph where you replied to.

And yeah pip kicked him in the nuts.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Hyper_God

@I_am_Warlock said:

@Hyper_God said:

I know i even mention that on my post.

Our argument was whether Thanos is an avatar of death or not, my point was he is still likely the avatar of death because there is nothing that says his avatar of death was revoked and that Pip dream seem to portray him as such as well. Its on the first paragraph where you replied to.

And yeah pip kicked him in the nuts.

The point is that one can't use a dream sequence to validate such a claim . What we see in that comic is from Pip's perspective , and seeing how Thanos' entire history has seen him being involved with Lady Death in one way or another , it's only valid that Pip would see him in that light .

Anyways , Thanos as the Avatar of Death was pretty beastly back in Annihilation and Imperative . That iteration of Thanos would have walked all over a team that consists of Thor and Hulk as it's biggest guns . It's impossible to prove whether he still retains that position using any of his recent appearances . Because , if anything , the evidence so far from recent appearances of the character suggests otherwise .

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By New_World_Order

Thanos solo's all rounds.