Thanos {infinity gauntlet} Vs all D.C heroes.

• 127 results
Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@Freefa11: 

Fair enough, that is your opinion I won't trash it. Keep in mind that the logic in DC is that almost every sentient race has 'super powers' in the case of Earth it was stated in one of the Martian storylines that the white Martians altered the Human DNA setting them back thousands of years in evolution, before that the Oan's altered the Martian DNA creating both white and green Martians and setting there evolution back as well because they believed them to be a future threat. 

I do not think or believe that Mandrakk had the power of 52 Universes, he did however posses the power to consume the 52 DC universes, which he was in the process of doing. I understand exactly where you are coming from with the TR, I have almost the same exact argument with people about the WPOTC and the white hot room. TR however was able to defeat Mandrakk who was in fact in the process of consuming the 52 DC universes so that would in itself make him a Multiversal power. The "Billions of suns" part was just bad writing/editing.

The OP said any hero and any version. I can post some Parallax/Ion scans later, or if you like I'll post the link to the comics themselves if you want a read. I'm at work :P. As far as feats for Parallax, He erased multiple timelines, erased the universe then rewrote it as he was fighting full powered Spectre and JLA. Or I should say he was blinking the JLA out of existence while fighting the Spectre. Ion is on par with Parallax power wise, Spectre is above both when not bound. 

The comparison is a problem being that DC does not have the Cosmic hierarchy that Marvel does, that one of the things that I love about Marvel. I'm a DC guy for the most part but absolutely love the Cosmic story arc’s in Marvel and own a lot of them. The best way IMO to compare power on this level is feats but we can't use the abstract feats because there is nothing to compare them to. Wiping half the life in the Universe with a wave of his hand is very impressive and can be a comparable feat, Parallax erasing timelines and re-writing the Universe surpasses that IMO, Thanos has not shown to have the ability to do that with the I.G. He conquered some of the abstracts including eternity, him being the strongest one. if I recall, Eternity is 1/4 of the Universal makeup still leaving Oblivion, death (who he was trying to impress) and last but not least Infinity (I haven’t read the story in a long time so correct me if I'm horribly wrong). Most of his battles IMO was just people shooting/trying to shoot Thanos with energy blasts, him laughing and shooting more powerful blasts back at them, aside from the few melee fights. There is nothing that I can remember showing that Thanos was above a Universal threat, and he was a "thread" not a GOD within that universe. 

Hourman was created by Metron. Metron did not think he was able to wield the power of the Worlogog correctly so he did not give it to him. Hourman tried to create his own Worlogog which was incomplete and a fraction of the originals power. With this fake Worlogog Hourman was able to freeze the "Big bang" in its place in something like 0.4 seconds after it exploded. I will have to pull up some Metron scans so I can post some more feats but unlike Hourman, Metron had complete mastery over the original Worlogog. The Worlogog btw is small part of the source itself, you may know it as the Philosopher’s Stone. 

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Freefa11
@CapitolPunishment said: 

The OP said any hero and any version. I can post some Parallax/Ion scans later, or if you like I'll post the link to the comics themselves if you want a read. I'm at work :P. As far as feats for Parallax, He erased multiple timelines, erased the universe then rewrote it as he was fighting full powered Spectre and JLA. Or I should say he was blinking the JLA out of existence while fighting the Spectre. Ion is on par with Parallax power wise, Spectre is above both when not bound.

I read the Ion arc fairly recently, and he didn't do anything as impressive as either Parallax or the Gauntlet, although since his power came from the remains of Parallax, and he was able to reignite the Central Battery, and resurrect the Gaurdians, it seems reasonable that they would be comparable. I don't think Spectre is better. Wasn't he unbound in Day of Vengeance? That was definitely not a multiversal Spectre.

The comparison is a problem being that DC does not have the Cosmic hierarchy that Marvel does, that one of the things that I love about Marvel. I'm a DC guy for the most part but absolutely love the Cosmic story arc’s in Marvel and own a lot of them. The best way IMO to compare power on this level is feats but we can't use the abstract feats because there is nothing to compare them to. Wiping half the life in the Universe with a wave of his hand is very impressive and can be a comparable feat, Parallax erasing timelines and re-writing the Universe surpasses that IMO, Thanos has not shown to have the ability to do that with the I.G.

Actually, Adam Warlock was able to destroy all alternate timelines leading to him becoming the Magus with just the Soul Gem in the 70's (unfortunately, he accidentally made some new ones when he got the Gauntlet). The Soul Gem worked because it was restricted to his own futures, but with the added scope of the other gems, not to mention one of them explicitly gives him mastery of time, as evidenced by defeating Kronos, the god of time, I don't see why the Gauntlet couldn't do better. 

Yes, DC does seem to have a sparce cosmic hierarchy. I mean, they have some powerful beings, but most of them seem both obscure and reclusive. The only one that comes out regularly is Spectre. It makes for some awkward scaling when their options for who saves the day are basically Superman or Spectre, with not much inbetween.

He conquered some of the abstracts including eternity, him being the strongest one. if I recall, Eternity is 1/4 of the Universal makeup still leaving Oblivion, death (who he was trying to impress) and last but not least Infinity (I haven’t read the story in a long time so correct me if I'm horribly wrong). 

Well, Marvel cosmology has changed, and apparently was in the process of changing when the story launched. Infinity apparently debuted in Quasar the same month IG 1 was released. Before that, Eternity had pretty much been the "embodiment of all that is" ever since he first showed up decades earlier. I'm pretty sure he had been the brother of Death for a while, and then in his run on Silver Surfer, Jim Starlin introduced the idea of Galactus being a 3rd force that acted as a kind of balance between Death and Eternity. This doesn't mean that they were all equally powerful (that was never shown or implied), just that they all had a fundamental role in existence. It also didn't mean each of them were 1/3 of the universe; Eternity was the whole universe, Galactus was within him, and Death was sort of something separate, but they were all still important for a kind of balance. 

But then Mark Gruenwald threw Infinity into the mix, which was totally pointless and, IMO, more than a little silly (why do we need a distinctly female version of Eternity?). Also during that arc, Maelstrom showed up and gave his little bit about making everything Thanos had done look like child's play, and, on one page, giving the appearance of resisting the power of the Gauntlet. Later in IG, Quasar suffers a rather pathetic and humiliating defeat at the hands of Thanos, after making an absurd boast about stopping him. 

So basically, it looked like Jim Starlin and Mark Gruenwald may have been involved in some sort of pissing contest over who could write the most cosmic story at the time. And at the time, the cosmology Starlin was working with was the one that he had already helped to lay out, meaning Eternity was the entire 616 universe. This means that Thanos defeating him was intended to show he was beyond the power of the universe, and if you'll recall, he not only defeated Eternity, but replaced him, meaning Thanos actually became one with the universe for a brief time. 

After that, in Infinity War and Crusade, Starlin did incorporate Infinity, since she was apparently officially integrated into the Marvel cosmology, but there are hints in both stories that she and Eternity are essentially the same being, just manifested differently, so her absence during the Infinity Gauntlet may not mean as much as one might think (i.e. maybe Eternity/Infinity just felt like showing up as the one entity there instead of two). 

Incidentally, if you check Comicvine, it lists Infinity's first appearance being in Thor in the 70's, but this is misleading, because I'm pretty sure that was a quite different Infinity there (being both male and evil), and if there is any connection between the two, it would have been retconned in later. She also apparently only has about 40 appearances (I'm guessing less, if you discount the old Thor issues), so apparently she never became too popular. Looks like Starlin won the contest.

Hourman was created by Metron. Metron did not think he was able to wield the power of the Worlogog correctly so he did not give it to him. Hourman tried to create his own Worlogog which was incomplete and a fraction of the originals power. With this fake Worlogog Hourman was able to freeze the "Big bang" in its place in something like 0.4 seconds after it exploded. I will have to pull up some Metron scans so I can post some more feats but unlike Hourman, Metron had complete mastery over the original Worlogog. The Worlogog btw is small part of the source itself, you may know it as the Philosopher’s Stone.     

I just read Rock of Ages, and the Warlogog didn't do anything in particular there. If it froze the Big Bang, wouldn't that just be stopping time? 

Edit: Thinking of the Soul Gem, that might actually be particularly effective against someone like Parallax (or Spectre, or probably Ion). Its most obvious power is stealing souls, but it can also manipulate souls and spirits, and allowed Adam Warlock to defeat Mephisto in his own realm. That's just on its own, not as part of the Gauntlet with the other gems augmenting it. So Thanos could probably perform something like an exorcism on Hal and remove the Parallax entity from him.
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By termiteone4ever

ALright have to admit if its just the Heroes in the Picture posted .Then Thanos wins he Pulls a MXY and Banishes them or erase them easily. IF its against the DC universe he will lose.

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Assman

Spectre at his best couldn't stop AM at both there strongest. Thanos takes it unless beings like Michael and Lucifer step in, imo.
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Freefa11 said:

"@CapitolPunishment said: 

I read the Ion arc fairly recently, and he didn't do anything as impressive as either Parallax or the Gauntlet, although since his power came from the remains of Parallax, and he was able to reignite the Central Battery, and resurrect the Gaurdians, it seems reasonable that they would be comparable. I don't think Spectre is better. Wasn't he unbound in Day of Vengeance? That was definitely not a multiversal Spectre.

The comparison is a problem being that DC does not have the Cosmic hierarchy that Marvel does, that one of the things that I love about Marvel. I'm a DC guy for the most part but absolutely love the Cosmic story arc’s in Marvel and own a lot of them. The best way IMO to compare power on this level is feats but we can't use the abstract feats because there is nothing to compare them to. Wiping half the life in the Universe with a wave of his hand is very impressive and can be a comparable feat, Parallax erasing timelines and re-writing the Universe surpasses that IMO, Thanos has not shown to have the ability to do that with the I.G.

Actually, Adam Warlock was able to destroy all alternate timelines leading to him becoming the Magus with just the Soul Gem in the 70's (unfortunately, he accidentally made some new ones when he got the Gauntlet). The Soul Gem worked because it was restricted to his own futures, but with the added scope of the other gems, not to mention one of them explicitly gives him mastery of time, as evidenced by defeating Kronos, the god of time, I don't see why the Gauntlet couldn't do better. 

Yes, DC does seem to have a sparce cosmic hierarchy. I mean, they have some powerful beings, but most of them seem both obscure and reclusive. The only one that comes out regularly is Spectre. It makes for some awkward scaling when their options for who saves the day are basically Superman or Spectre, with not much inbetween.

He conquered some of the abstracts including eternity, him being the strongest one. if I recall, Eternity is 1/4 of the Universal makeup still leaving Oblivion, death (who he was trying to impress) and last but not least Infinity (I haven’t read the story in a long time so correct me if I'm horribly wrong). 

Well, Marvel cosmology has changed, and apparently was in the process of changing when the story launched. Infinity apparently debuted in Quasar the same month IG 1 was released. Before that, Eternity had pretty much been the "embodiment of all that is" ever since he first showed up decades earlier. I'm pretty sure he had been the brother of Death for a while, and then in his run on Silver Surfer, Jim Starlin introduced the idea of Galactus being a 3rd force that acted as a kind of balance between Death and Eternity. This doesn't mean that they were all equally powerful (that was never shown or implied), just that they all had a fundamental role in existence. It also didn't mean each of them were 1/3 of the universe; Eternity was the whole universe, Galactus was within him, and Death was sort of something separate, but they were all still important for a kind of balance. 

But then Mark Gruenwald threw Infinity into the mix, which was totally pointless and, IMO, more than a little silly (why do we need a distinctly female version of Eternity?). Also during that arc, Maelstrom showed up and gave his little bit about making everything Thanos had done look like child's play, and, on one page, giving the appearance of resisting the power of the Gauntlet. Later in IG, Quasar suffers a rather pathetic and humiliating defeat at the hands of Thanos, after making an absurd boast about stopping him. 

So basically, it looked like Jim Starlin and Mark Gruenwald may have been involved in some sort of pissing contest over who could write the most cosmic story at the time. And at the time, the cosmology Starlin was working with was the one that he had already helped to lay out, meaning Eternity was the entire 616 universe. This means that Thanos defeating him was intended to show he was beyond the power of the universe, and if you'll recall, he not only defeated Eternity, but replaced him, meaning Thanos actually became one with the universe for a brief time. 

After that, in Infinity War and Crusade, Starlin did incorporate Infinity, since she was apparently officially integrated into the Marvel cosmology, but there are hints in both stories that she and Eternity are essentially the same being, just manifested differently, so her absence during the Infinity Gauntlet may not mean as much as one might think (i.e. maybe Eternity/Infinity just felt like showing up as the one entity there instead of two). 

Incidentally, if you check Comicvine, it lists Infinity's first appearance being in Thor in the 70's, but this is misleading, because I'm pretty sure that was a quite different Infinity there (being both male and evil), and if there is any connection between the two, it would have been retconned in later. She also apparently only has about 40 appearances (I'm guessing less, if you discount the old Thor issues), so apparently she never became too popular. Looks like Starlin won the contest.

I just read Rock of Ages, and the Warlogog didn't do anything in particular there. If it froze the Big Bang, wouldn't that just be stopping time?  Edit: Thinking of the Soul Gem, that might actually be particularly effective against someone like Parallax (or Spectre, or probably Ion). Its most obvious power is stealing souls, but it can also manipulate souls and spirits, and allowed Adam Warlock to defeat Mephisto in his own realm. That's just on its own, not as part of the Gauntlet with the other gems augmenting it. So Thanos could probably perform something like an exorcism on Hal and remove the Parallax entity from him. "

Nice post XD. Sorry, I have to send a broken up reply, I still do not know how to break down the quotes, something I need to learn soon. If you can be so kind as to send me the link explaining this that would be great, I’m at work and don’t have much “surfing” time.

1) I agree with you on Ion, he has not shown feats on par with Parallax but it was stated on panel by numerous Characters that his power was greater than the power Parallax possessed. For example Ion had to ability to change a past event (history) without having to rewrite the entire timeline/universe, something Parallax could not. 

2) How did Adam destroy the timelines? Did he do something in the past to prevent future events? I do not remember much of that story. Either way it is impressive, if he simply erased them, that feat would be very impressive. Agreed about the DC cosmic beings. I personally would like to see an appearance of the Spectre's big brother, "The Word".

3)Yes, Eternity has much earlier showings than Infinity. The story arc that ran along with the IG arc was called cosmos in collision. That arc focused on the rivalry between Infinity and oblivion, much like the rivalry between Death and Eternity. Infinity being the other side of the coin of eternity and Oblivion likewise with death. If you feel that way about Infinity than you probably feel the same way about Oblivion. Maelstrom stated before he confronted Thanos with the I.G that he had to be careful because if Thanos had full control of it he could be a threat. Keep in mind that when Maelstrom confronted Thanos he had already killed the cosmic abstract 'Anomaly' and claimed it power and position, he was the avatar of oblivion and had Quasar's "quantum bands' (I think I posted that scan earlier in this thread). At that point in time Maelstrom was so many levels in power above Quasar, comparing Quasar's battle with Thanos with that confrontation is not fair at all. at the end of that arc quasar and Maelstrom fought in Oblivions realm, Quasar then was empowered by infinity and Maelstrom by Oblivion, they fought to a stalemate. While they were fighting there was an endless void started by Maelstrom that was consuming the entire universe, Galactus, Thanos w/IG and many others stood by watching, powerless to stop it. Afterwards death and eternity arrived to make a new arrangement with their 2 siblings, Oblivion and Infinity. Eternity and Infinity are not the same being, they are however very closely linked, Likewise with Death and Oblivion. So no, Thanos did not kill/absorb Infinity and Infinity was an active cosmic abstract at the time of that arc, a new one but none the less one of the 4 major forces. Thanos at that point may have had the power to destroy everyone and everything in the Universe but not the Universe itself. Eternity has been bound, executed and replaced before and the Universe survived.

4) The Worlogog is a part of the source, in that arc a flawed copy of it wielding by a flawed user froze the "big bang" in its beginning stages, which is time manipulation on a universal scale. Unfortunately, like Ion I don't have many scans of the original in action, just panels saying how powerful it is.

5) The soul gem may have a small chance on working on the Spectre, he has been shown to have a "soul". In the past others have taken advantage of this and manipulated him. If the Spectre is host-less I do not think it would work. Would not work on Ion or Parallax, they are emotional embodiments and do not have souls and as far as I know they are not considered spirits. I would think that Thanos would have to remove willpower from every mind in the universe to remove Ion, If he could somehow do that it would feed Parallax untold amounts of power, same would work the other way around.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#106  Edited By HolySerpent

superman solos with ease
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Freefa11:
Sorry, It would not let me edit my post, for some reason it just tried to load for 5 minutes both times I tried. 

No, the Spectre's most impressive feat was not DOV. In my opinion it was when he fought a fully powered COIE Anti-Monitor to a stand still. I'm sure you know what that version of the Anti-monitor could do XD.
Montaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Montaq

Batman with prep solos.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@HolySerpent said:
"superman solos with ease "

........................No

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Montaq said:
"

Batman with prep solos.

"

No.
Avatar image for riseofapocalypse
RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC heroes.
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By TheBatman586

COIE Spectre could probably take Thanos.

Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheBatman586 said:
" COIE Spectre could probably take Thanos. "
well no,  he is seriously not enough trust me.
Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Freefa11 said:
" @Outside_85 said:

" @Freefa11: Yes, i agree that DC has them aswell, but for one the ones you mention in the beginning are what i call flares, characters that bring about cosmic disasters, but only once in their exisistence.

Remember, Thanos wiped out half of all sentient life in the entire MU just by snapping his fingers. It wasn't even like a giant energy blast or anything so mundane; half the universe's populace just up and vanished. That's actually really impressive. And again, he took down the combined powers of many Abstracts, as well as Eternity. Ion never had to contend with that, and the most Hal had to fight was the Spectre.

I think Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet should be able to win this if he really wanted to before the DC characters could put together a counter-attack. Superman and company are powerful, but they can't beat an omnipotent being who can kill them regardless of how many planets they can bench press or whatever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheBatman586 said:
"COIE Spectre could probably take Thanos. "

He doesn't even exist anymore. And with at full power, yes. At normal power, no.
Darkeden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Darkeden

max faraday solos thanos.

andre54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By andre54

bumping this was a bad idea lol. none of those heroes know everything and have infinite power. both are needed to stop thanos

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity Gaunlet doesn't work in Dc universe . Dc wins by default

mcdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By mcdavid

@weaponxxx said:

I'm gonna say D.C. because I'm assuming that Thanos is inside the D.C. universe due to the large number of D.C. heroes. If i remember correctly, the gauntlet only works in its universe of origin. But if they're fighting inside of 616 then D.C. get's destroyed.

Exactly this.

Thetruthhurts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elaine Belloc, Michael or Licifer would solo IG thanos. I also think SBP would beat IG thanos due to his immunity to reality warping. Would stalemate Mxyzptlk.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also think SBP would beat IG thanos due to his immunity to reality warping. Would stalemate Mxyzptlk.

No, sbp would get curbstomped by ig thanos

davies107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos with IG...

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol @ superboy beating IG Thanos.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is basically a universe battle. Thanos snaps his fingers and poof either way.

@jashro44@jedixman

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch.

Avatar image for wally_west-the_fastest_man_ali
Wally_West-The_Fastest_Man_Alive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC. With Thought Robot

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos loses. In Infinity Gauntlet it is explained that he subconsciously wants to lose constantly or something...