Tony is Bleeding Edge

Round 1

No prep

Standard equipment

Round 2

24hrs prep on both sides

Victory by KO or Death

#2 Posted by mk111 (3148 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the heroes have round 1, since they have greater numbers, not to mention Superman and Hulk.

Round 2 is tricky. The villains could do pretty good with prep...but then again, giving Batman, Cyborg, and Iron Man prep time is almost suicidal....

#3 Edited by Wardemon32 (5486 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a stomp, spite, mismatch. Keep in mind pre-52 is Wally West.

#4 Posted by dondave (40711 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#5 Posted by dondave (40711 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a stomp, spite, mismatch. Keep in mind pre-52 is Wally West.

Pre-52 doesn't automatically mean Wally West, it just means Barry Allen Pre-52

#6 Posted by Wardemon32 (5486 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave:

How does team 2 even stand a chance?

#7 Posted by WarlordEternal (4254 posts) - - Show Bio
@mk111 said:

I think the heroes have round 1, since they have greater numbers, not to mention Superman and Hulk.

Do you think those two are the deciding factors?

Round 2 is tricky. The villains could do pretty good with prep...but then again, giving Batman, Cyborg, and Iron Man prep time is almost suicidal....

Is prep time for Batman, Cyborg, and Iron Man really too much for the villains to handle?

#8 Posted by mk111 (3148 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal:

Well, some fans would argue that Batman with prep = god. :P

But yeah, I suppose team 2 would probably win.

#9 Posted by WarlordEternal (4254 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk111: So would it be both rounds easily or with difficulty? How would you imagine it going down?

#10 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7728 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by Wardemon32 (5486 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard choice for me, I might go for Team 1 since aren't Darksieds eye beams strong enough to kill with just one hit? Whats to stop him from going eye beam crazy and killing everyone that cant outrun them?

#13 Posted by WarlordEternal (4254 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7728 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal: ...probably (Infinity Gems in tandem get pretty ridiculous)

#15 Posted by Wardemon32 (5486 posts) - - Show Bio

@tacos_kickass:

Pretty sure Flash can and GL would have constructs for that, unless his beams can pass through it.

#16 Edited by XImpossibruX (5688 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 goes handily to Team 2.

Flash and Superman could handle Darkseid Pre-52.

The rest together can take down Thanos.

#17 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

@tacos_kickass:

Pretty sure Flash can and GL would have constructs for that, unless his beams can pass through it.

I don't know but I think his eye beams killed Doomsday once in Hunter/Prey, so I would imagine it could probably go through a construct.

#18 Posted by Moonman78 (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos or Darkseid could solo this, they can give mongul to the other team.

#19 Posted by Wardemon32 (5486 posts) - - Show Bio

@tacos_kickass:

Yea but once his beams makes contact they go away. I don't remeber one instance where it actually went through someones body. The point of it is to hit something and it dissapears, unlike Supermans where it can go through stuff. But I may be wrong

#20 Edited by WarlordEternal (4254 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: I was thinking along the lines of Barry Allen, but which Flash do you think would suit this fight?

@betatesthighlander1: In that case then I guess no Infinity Gems.

#21 Edited by WarlordEternal (4254 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 goes handily to Team 2.

Flash and Superman could handle Darkseid Pre-52.

The rest together can take down Thanos.

Really? Would it be that easy?

What about Mongul and Round 2?

#22 Posted by Wardemon32 (5486 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal:

Stick with Barry. If this was Wally there would be no debate.

Sinestro has done the same also.

#23 Posted by ZeroKillXo1 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre 52 Darkseid Beats WW Flash. Search Thread.

& Darkseid Beats That Line Up Of JL In Pic Especially With Mongul. lol Avengers Posted Don't Stand A Chance Against Thanos Who Slaps Hulk Around Like Nothing. I Don't Know Why Ppl Are Arguing Moot Points, I Don't Think Team 1 Even Needs Omega Beam, So Definitely Not Infinity Gems.

#24 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (12280 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by WarlordEternal (4254 posts) - - Show Bio

Stick with Barry. If this was Wally there would be no debate.

Alright.

A lot of people use this as an automatic victory for anyone going up against Mongul Jr and though it is a low showing of durability it is actually a show of how much damage and pain he can take. None of that KOed him and in the next issue while the wounds were still fresh he was still able to defend himself.

I don't have a scan that immediately follows this but what he does is he throws the house at Hal and right as he dodges this happens

Mongul has rings in this fight which allowed him to do this...

Sinestro has done the same also.

Actually he didn't as it wasn't the power of his ring but Mongul's because he activated a fail safe.

#26 Edited by Wardemon32 (5486 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal:

A lot of people use this as an automatic victory for anyone going up against Mongul Jr and though it is a low showing of durability it is actually a show of how much damage and pain he can take. None of that KOed him and in the next issue while the wounds were still fresh he was still able to defend himself.

Ofcourse he was, he has a healing factor. But he was basically down after that. The fact that it did happen shouws that they were capable of doing that the entire time but didn't do it becuase of CIS. Instead of trying to brawl it out with him that's always an option.

Then you gave the teams 24 hours of prep so that's 24 hours tot hink of a power drain. I highly doubt that if Iron-Man knows of the rings he's not going to go for that, then he has Batman, and Cyborg helping him with that.

#27 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (7140 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 handily both rounds

#28 Edited by WarlordEternal (4254 posts) - - Show Bio
@wardemon32 said:

Of course he was, he has a healing factor. But he was basically down after that. The fact that it did happen shows that they were capable of doing that the entire time but didn't do it because of CIS. Instead of trying to brawl it out with him that's always an option.

Yeah but He's got rings in this battle which makes him nearly indestructible. Do characters regularly impale someone? and while it did knock him down he picked himself up shortly after.

Then you gave the teams 24 hours of prep so that's 24 hours to think of a power drain. I highly doubt that if Iron-Man knows of the rings he's not going to go for that, then he has Batman, and Cyborg helping him with that.

That's a good idea but don't forget that the bad guys have 24hrs prep too.

#29 Posted by Pokeysteve (10408 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't read ll the comments but I think team 2 most definitely takes round 1. And easily. Thor can probably handle Mongul 1on1. We know Supe can handle Darkseid 1on1 (usually). That leaves Hal, WW, Flash, Hulk and Iron Man to take Thanos.

Round 2 I don't want to weigh in on because I hate prep battles. There is no way to really know who would win most of the time.

#30 Posted by Kennypow (142 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (5750 posts) - - Show Bio

With Kyle and Wally then Justice League and Avengers win. Without Wally then Justce League/Avengers only win round 1

#32 Posted by WarlordEternal (4254 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#33 Posted by oceanmaster21 (12513 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal: round two goes to villians they cud do anything they wanted with prep

#34 Posted by WarlordEternal (4254 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Wardemon32 (5486 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Kyle Rayner a White Lantern? I swear he fought multiple Guardians, although I would put a Guardian on Thanos's level. Well probably only big one's like Gantlet and Sayd.

#37 Posted by WarlordEternal (4254 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by BWANASIMBA (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Villains after a helluva brawl. Darkseid, Thanos or a ring bearing Mongul would require either (or possibly both) team to handle them. Altogether they will win.

Round 2: Darkseid and Thanos have used prep to become nigh-omnipotent massive cosmic entities. 24 hours is all they need and there isn't crap the JLAvengers can do to stop them.

#39 Posted by ssejllenrad (13068 posts) - - Show Bio

Prep for the heroes mean a 24-hour Sundip Supes wearing a Cyborg + Insider Suit + Bleeding Edge + Asgardian shared tech armor. I'm not saying they win.... I just want to see that. Hehehe!

#40 Posted by Moonman78 (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

U can add the whole flash family and 3 more gls it still won't matter the jla avengers get creamed eventually.

#41 Posted by WarlordEternal (4254 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#42 Posted by Wardemon32 (5486 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by WarlordEternal (4254 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: You never quite told me what you thought(earlier you said spite but that was when you thought flash was wally); I mean clearly you think the heroes would win but is it easily or with difficulty?

#44 Posted by Wardemon32 (5486 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal:

Technology

The heros obviously win in this scenario when it comes to technological advancements in armor. You have

• Cyborg(Who can constantly upgrade armour)
  • Batman(Who has the insider suit)
  • Iron-Man(Who is like the armor genius)

And ALL of these characters can constantly keep upgrading each others armor. Three people with amazing suits/armor that have 24 hours to help eachother on the downfalls on their suits. And hey, you can even throw Hawkeye in since he does run across Iron-Mans tech.

That gives them EMPs which should be a big deal since I do believe that Thanos shields run off of tech.

Powehouse

This is obviously in DC's favor.

• 24 hours for Superman to sundip, not going to be pleasant
  • 24 hours for the teams to get hulk even more pissed off increasing his strength+durability, he's already Savage Hulk
  • 24 hours for Aquaman to drink some water lol

Technically a Superman sun dipped for 24 hours and a savage hulk having his rage and stress increase for 24 hours could solo. Both have better durability feats AND strength.

Superman with only 15 was able to move planets and then he blew up and created a big bang. 24 hours? No way they take this and I didn't even have to mention Thor and Wonderwoman, not even Flash which I don't see being tagged.

Fighting Skills

Heros again. You have Wonderwoman who can go blow for blow with Superman+she has been hinted to be faster in combat. And she's been training for like hundreds or thousands of years. Aquaman who has his own army who trains them so I would guess he's good at H2H. Thor has also thousands of years of training(Though he doesn't fight like it haha). Superman who knows 2 kyptonian martial arts. Batman who knows and mastered 127 martial arts(Though he's only relevant with the armor upgrades).

#45 Posted by TheBournePoster (2905 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1, easily.

#46 Posted by Funsiized (3882 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 takes round one.Simply cause of the powerhouses they have.

Team 1 takes round 2 cause Thanos with Prep=god

#47 Posted by WarlordEternal (4254 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: Good analysis; however, if Superman sundip's for 24hrs he would be out of the loop for any plan being thought out and doesn't Hulk get more irrational the angrier he gets? Wouldn't that mean he would start attacking his teammates?

#48 Posted by Wardemon32 (5486 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal:

Hmm you do have a point with the turning on his team-mate part. I was under the impression that Hulk wasn't going to attack them because I think a Savage Hulk would have attacked them in the first place. They can turn on each other?

#49 Posted by WarlordEternal (4254 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: In the OP I said "In character". Hulk has turned on his teammates and friends numerous times; some of which was because they needed him to get angry and would insult him.

#50 Edited by Wardemon32 (5486 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal:

Thinking about it, it still works since Barry can BFR him before he seriously starts turning on the team+Superman has the phantom zone. So that would make him even more pissed off actually