• 159 results
pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@marvelz0mbie:

What's holding back your argument is you have to discount nearly every appearance Taskmaster has made other than his debut in order for him to look good and have never been defeated.

Literally all I and Ghostravage have been doing is providing context to the fights that you're trying to use as evidence of why Batman would beat Taskmaster. Providing context. If you think that providing context to fights is the equivalent of wanking a character, that's your problem.

What's painfully obvious here, other than your thick headed bias and picking and choosing what everyone here can consider, is that Taskmaster does not obtain entire martial arts from observing one move. He obtains the move only. He would have to observe every move from that art to obtain that art. He would have to observe 127 arts without getting taken out in the meantime. But I can't argue with stupid. Only Taskmaster's first fight with the Avengers counts I guess. Yknow the one where he knocked everyone down and ran away. No wait, have to see it like you do, he beat the entire Avengers single handedly and escaped. He has never been beaten (rolls eyes)

Ghost already addressed this, and again, it was made abundantly clear how his powers worked in Taskmaster Vol. 2. I would think that someone who is obviously a big enough fan of the character to own three mint condition copies of his first appearance would at the very least have read his second and as it stands only solo run besides UDON and picked up on this. Also funnily enough, I haven't even mentioned a single feat from classic Taskmaster, which range from fighting Spider-man evenly to dancing around the Avengers. The fact is Tony just doesn't even need those feats to win, and you're already trying to say WOW YOU'RE ONLY USING HIS CLASSIC FEATS WHICH ARE OUTDATED.

-I like how you even attempt to discount Mr. X defeating Taskmaster. I'm starting to notice a trend here. Nothing counts. Especially Taskys losses... right....

Darkseid beat Batman, therefore any street leveler can. What, you're trying to discount that loss? Wow, stop wanking your character mate.

It's almost like context matters and ABC logic doesn't apply here

-Taskmaster never solidly defeated Captain America. Captain America dominated him in Captain America #44, Battle Scars #2, and Captain America Steve Rogers #3. Take off your rose colored glasses.

Cap didn't land a single hit until he surprised Taskmaster with his shield and BFR'd bothof them in Captain America #44, Taskmaster was not even paying attention to Cap in Battle Scars #2 and was focusing on killing his target before both Cap and Maria Hill came in and saved him, and in Steve Rogers #3, even if you don't think it was piss poor writing, Cap surprised Taskmaster with new tech and Taskmaster didn't fight back because he was collecting information. All of this has been explained to you numerous times now, you are literally just going in circles and refusing to accept the facts.

-Taskmaster cannot predict attacks. That is not one of his super powers. Notice the word 'virtually'. He can virtually do it just like any Class 5 to 7 could and it has to be someone he already studied and that would take a very long time against someone with 127 martial arts Perfected and all forms mastered. In that time Tony with his intellegence of 4 is not going to get caught off guard against strategist with an IQ of 192 every time?

??? What are you even trying to say here. Because Batman has an IQ of 192 noone can predict his moves? You realise Cassandra Cain did the exact same thing to Bruce before right?

And hell, let's just ignore that that's even part of his power set. Taskmaster still knows every martial art on Earth (hint: that's more than 127), in addition to way more advanced martial arts than Bruce, he could literally just use the Shi'ar martial art that he learnt in Taskmaster #4 which has no counter in martial arts from Earth and conceivably win. Now I'm not saying this is something Taskmaster would do, because he's a cocky bastard who likes to show off the fact that he's better than everyone else, but clearly you have no idea or simply don't care about using character consistency, so take it as you will.

-what I meant about earlier when I said Batman could simply give him nothing mimic was when he realized Taskmaster mimics abilities what's to stop him from switching to evasive dodges with no tell Tales. Tony wouldn't be able to absorb his abilities then. Then he could switch to gadgets until he throws a move Tony has never seen before.

Dude, it doesn't matter if he throws a move Tony hasn't seen before, the second he does, Taskmaster has already mastered and perfectly countered that very move. Taskmaster doesn't use 'tell tales' to predict attacks lmao. You do realise he has powers right? You are clear on that?

-your really stretching if you think he has been exposed to more martial arts based on that chart

Literally trying to say that facts are wrong, lol. You can't just say "uhh just because the handbook says he is a master of every martial art known to man, doesn't mean he is". The handbooks are known for massively underrating characters, so when it says that a character is a rank 7 fighter, you can be damn well sure he is a rank 7 fighter. Not to mention that, again, this was shown in Taskmaster vol. 2. Really, read the bloody series mate.

now your using Cassandra Cain for ABC logic. She is not Taskmaster plus listening to your skewed interpretation of her spars with Batman will likely be as wrong as your interpretation of the fights Taskmaster lost to Captain America. Cassandra Cain and Taskm aster cannot predict moves like Mr. X and Philo Zeiss. Cain and Taskmaster react. Virtually or whatever. Quickly or whatnot. Taskmaster develops perfect counters the same way any fighter does. That is not his super power. His power is to mimic moves and only entire skill sets if he's exposed to iT. Otherwise he would have never been hit. I suppose you would like people to believe he let's people hit him.

I don't even have a response to how ironic (and false, again you're just going in circles after everything has been explained) this is. Just... wow, you've really outdone yourself mate. Nice job.

-cool how your attempting to insult me. Frustrated much? LI key because your wrong.

You literally started saying that @ghostravage wastes his life on comicvine because he has a high post count and is kicking your ass in the debate lol. If you can't stand the heat, don't start a fire.

you were done when you started referencing hyperbole, using ABC logic, picking and choosing his victories over his losses and seeing things with rose colored glasses.

No Caption Provided

Let me be absolutely clear with you, just so there is 100% no confusion here. Your entire argument is based off of a failed attempt at ABC logic by using fights that Taskmaster lost, whilst ignoring context for every single fight, and making RIDICULOUS statements, like Batman being as unpredictable as Deadpool (and therefore being able to nullify Taskmaster's powers).

If that's not clear to you by now, you're literally just lying to yourself. Hell, like I said if you want to ignore character consistency, I showed Taskmaster throwing around Iron Man, where's your counter to that?

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: This situation is starting to look like this if you know what i mean.

No Caption Provided

MarvelZ0mbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By MarvelZ0mbie

-your context is opinionated and nothing like what happened in the fights

-classic Spider-Man is a low class fighting ability with similar stats to street levelers but I'm sure you'll confuse him with modern abilities like Ghostie confuses the Cassandra Cain spar as a real fight

-yeah its been explained wrong by you two and your bias. Allow me to repeat myself Taskmaster never solidly defeated Captain America. Captain America dominated him in Captain America #44, Battle Scars #2, and Captain America Steve Rogers #3. Your in the same boat bc you'll attempt to discount all Taskmaster's losses

-Taskmaster hasn't mastered every martial art. Where in his handbook entry does it state that. You'll have to do better than one vague appendices. He absorbs moves not entire fighting arts. He cannot predict an attack any better than any other.

-iT does matter if Batman throws a move he hasn't seen before. You act like he can't be hit or he let's himself get hit. A deadly enough unknown attack can put him down. Sure he might absorb it but he can still be put down from it. That's your logic right there.

-Ghostravage made a comment about my low post count. It was a rebuttle. Quit fighting his battles for him or I'll humble you like I humbled him.

-and your entire argument is having no mind of your own and using GhostRavage's ABC logic regarding Cassandra Cain, and that vague handbook reference, and turning a blind eye to Taskmaster's losses and stretching Taskmaster's powers to include prediction, etc.

You've got nothing.

Your entire argument is "yeah what he said!"

Feel owned yet? I'll take you both on. I don't mind a fair argument but when you embellish your guys abilities and pick and choose what should be admitted, well you don't bloody well decide that 'wank'.

TheLeftOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There should be a way to confirm when someone's obviously trolling his way through a debate, like a checklist. As it stands, this guy was decisively proven wrong yet his fallacious and seemingly short responses while allegedly claiming he can keep it up, definitely proving he's incapable of formulating a rather objective and impartial argument and most likely will be repeating himself parting from this point, on top of it blatantly ignoring the evidence showcased here, are implications of an obvious troll.

Taskmaster still wins, feat-wise and potential-wise. As per arguments, Taskmaster stomps the shit out of him.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By pipxeroth

@marvelz0mbie: You forgot to tag me

-your context is opinionated and nothing like what happened in the fights

"Context is opinionated" hahahahaha

-classic Spider-Man is a low class fighting ability with similar stats to street levelers but I'm sure you'll confuse him with modern abilities like Ghostie confuses the Cassandra Cain spar as a real fight

Yeah, so why are you bringing up classic fights then?

-yeah its been explained wrong by you two and your bias. Allow me to repeat myself Taskmaster never solidly defeated Captain America. Captain America dominated him in Captain America #44, Battle Scars #2, and Captain America Steve Rogers #3. Your in the same boat bc you'll attempt to discount all Taskmaster's losses

Repeating yourself doesn't make you correct. You see context and go "NO THAT'S WRONG!!1", over, and over, and over, and over like it means something.

-Taskmaster hasn't mastered every martial art. Where in his handbook entry does it state that. You'll have to do better than one vague appendices. He absorbs moves not entire fighting arts. He cannot predict an attack any better than any other.

"Vague appendices" lol what is that even supposed to mean. His handbook ranks him as a 7, a 7 means he has mastered every martial art. Again, why do you keep going in circles? Evidence is right in front of you, and you're just ignoring it and saying your original comments over and over.

-iT does matter if Batman throws a move he hasn't seen before. You act like he can't be hit or he let's himself get hit. A deadly enough unknown attack can put him down. Sure he might absorb it but he can still be put down from it. That's your logic right there.

So you're saying that Batman has a super secret lethal technique that he can use to one shot any opponent? Do you have anything at all to support that? Right now you're as bad as someone going "he has prep, so he'd find a way to win".

-Ghostravage made a comment about my low post count. It was a rebuttle. Quit fighting his battles for him or I'll humble you like I humbled him.

What? His wasn't an insult, he was suggesting that you were new to this site so you didn't know how to post images, and you hadn't read many Taskmaster related debates. How is that in anyway related to saying that someone is wasting their life on this site lol. And how am I fighting his battles for him? I'm just responding to your last comment because Ghost can't handle this much stupidity. You're complaining about insults when you're the instigator.

And lol, you haven't humbled anyone. Everyone in this thread is at best amused by how wrong some of your statements are.

-and your entire argument is having no mind of your own and using GhostRavage's ABC logic regarding Cassandra Cain, and that vague handbook reference, and turning a blind eye to Taskmaster's losses and stretching Taskmaster's powers to include prediction, etc.

My entire argument is having no mind of my own? Uhh... you are aware we were debating before Ghostravage got involved right? Just because you got the attention of two of Taskmaster's biggest fans doesn't mean we're conspiring against you lol, get over yourself. I don't know how saying "Fighting Skills: 7" is vague, but sure.

You've got nothing.

K.

Your entire argument is "yeah what he said!"

Again, did you somehow forget we were debating before Ghost started responding to you? If you're confused by the fact that our posts are making similar points, maybe that's because we actually know what we're talking about when it comes to Taskmaster? Did you ever think about that?

Feel owned yet? I'll take you both on. I don't mind a fair argument but when you embellish your guys abilities and pick and choose what should be admitted, well you don't bloody well decide that 'wank'.

I'm still waiting for a counter to Taskmaster throwing around Iron Man, since you don't seem to care about character consistency. Or a counter to Taskmaster's Shi'ar fighting style. Or a counter to basically anything I've actually said. You're just typing random comments and repeating yourself at this point.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheLeftOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: Yes. Some kind of checklist to easily depurate trolls from the Battle Forum.

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Apocofist
TheLeftOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apocofist: I didn't say he stomps, i said that judging from an argument-stand point, he does stomp. The Batman side of the thread has been nothing but disappointing in presenting a compelling case. Objectively, Taskmaster beats him in a decent fight, however, the debaters representing Taskmaster are simply much more convincing to the point the debating skills on his side are undoubtedly out of the opposition's caliber.

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Apocofist

@theleftover: Fair point. I find it surprising that no one has really debated for Batman.

I actually debated against this odd chap in a different thread involving super soldiers vs ninjas vs swordsman and all that jazz. He crashed through the thread and immediately typed up paragraphs of how super soldiers stomps because his reason was that guns>everything else.

The only evidence that he gave me were two entries of how a weapon works and nothing to actually support his arguement.

MarvelZ0mbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JarlBallin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oooo boy what a shitshow here. Taskmaster wins.

darth_omega_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This just proves no one here knows anything about these two.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Taskmaster.

Mranarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry but is this the same taskmaster who got his hide booted by a 15 year old spiderman he shud change his name hes crap I think Jason todd himself is enough this aint a fight its a mismatch 100% Batman will smoke him like a fag

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Tony, Batman stands little to no chance

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: one of only two characters? Dont be ridiculous. This is where I put you to bed okay. First of all you don't like Moon Knight defeating himTaskmaster- so you label it PIS. How about I give you that even though it'll be used in these "battles" whether we like it or not. But I'll let that go.

Deadpool isn't one of only two character's. Captain America has defeated him routinely lately even in the current Hydra arc. You probably have an excuse for that too but I'm not done with you. Additionally Daredevil has beaten Taskmaster not once but twice.

But I suppose your gonna tell me that that is because Moon Knight (a homage to Batman), Daredevil (handicapped by being blind), Captain America (only Adept at all martial arts) and Deadpool (only did cuz he's unpredictable) are all superior to Batman iyo right? Even though Batman developed an unpredictable back up personality and identity in Zur-En-Arrh which can fight like Deadpool.

Well shoot I guess I can't convince you.... unless idk.... Batman had already beaten Taskmaster in the pages of JLA/Avengers #4!

Batman stomps Taskmaster. You know it and I know it.

Ok, hold on. I have a question. Why is everyone treating this fight as a pure H2H battle?

Batman still has his standar carry on weapons. Teaser. Freeze Granades. Smoke, Gas, etc pellets. Electric, explosive, etc. batarangs. Body Armor. Bolas (Thrown around the feet of Batman's enemies to tie them with a composite-nylon cord. Often causes an escaping opponent to trip. With the push of a button in Batman's glove it can deliver an electric shock.) Batline/Batrope. Tranquilizer gun. Glue Globules (small round globules of concentrated adhesive glue. They are used to encase enemies in a sticky substance). Pellet Granades. Thermite Granades. Stunt pellets (emit bright light and loud sound to completely blind and deafen enemies). Ultrasonic Bat Beacon (this device emits sonic waves that attract thousands of bats to Batman's location. The bats swarm around him, creating a diversion, as well as sometimes attacking assailants and reinforcing the idea that Batman is a supernatural entity). Napalm (this incendiary gel is kept in delicate packets. Once thrown or broken open, the packets release the napalm gel, which sticks to whatever it comes on contact with and instantly ignites).

Taskmaster can only copy Bats' fighting styles, but not the weapons.

That would give Bruce an edge. No?

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony, Batman stands little to no chance

I don't mean to repeat myself, but why is everyone treating this fight as a pure H2H battle?

Batman still has his standar carry on weapons. Teaser. Freeze Granades. Smoke, Gas, etc pellets. Electric, explosive, etc. batarangs. Body Armor. Bolas (Thrown around the feet of Batman's enemies to tie them with a composite-nylon cord. Often causes an escaping opponent to trip. With the push of a button in Batman's glove it can deliver an electric shock.) Batline/Batrope. Tranquilizer gun. Glue Globules (small round globules of concentrated adhesive glue. They are used to encase enemies in a sticky substance). Pellet Granades. Thermite Granades. Stunt pellets (emit bright light and loud sound to completely blind and deafen enemies). Ultrasonic Bat Beacon (this device emits sonic waves that attract thousands of bats to Batman's location. The bats swarm around him, creating a diversion, as well as sometimes attacking assailants and reinforcing the idea that Batman is a supernatural entity). Napalm (this incendiary gel is kept in delicate packets. Once thrown or broken open, the packets release the napalm gel, which sticks to whatever it comes on contact with and instantly ignites).

Taskmaster can only copy Bats' fighting styles, but not the weapons.

Considering they are close in H2H wouldn't all the gadgets make it so Batman actually does stand a good chance?

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

People really think Batman can win this fight?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#122 morpheus_  Moderator

Post-Crisis Batman vs Tony is a decent fight. N52 Batman gets destroyed.

jackiplier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People really think Batman can win this fight?

Yes? Since one of the Taskmaster writer (Forgot which) already said that Taskmaster would avoid fighting Batman.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Taskmaster

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman sneaks GG.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taskmaster copies and stomps GG.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 anthp2000  Moderator

Bruce's only chances are gear. And it isn't much of a chance either.

vj21oq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By vj21oq

only if taskmaster doesn't reveal his copying/mimic power(which he usually does) to batman then taskmaster would win in round 1 but if he reveals his secret then he would be in a serious trobel and batman would kick his as*, study him and will create an effective contingency plan to beat taskmaster easily.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Taskmaster gets ghosted.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A non jobbing Taskmaster is a beast. He wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@vj21oq: There is no round one or two in this scenario.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Non Jobing Taskmaster would win

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Taskmaster.

Avatar image for tanakaclinkenbeard
TanakaClinkenbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Tony wins.

vj21oq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By vj21oq

@all-father: sorry, i forgot that but taking down a no morale batman will not be easy for any street level charecter

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Rac95

Taskmaster wins through superior H2H and weapon skill

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taskmaster wins.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taskmaster stomps

Whulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Abilities
  • Genius-level intellect
  • Peak human physical condition
  • Skilled martial artist and hand-to-hand combatant
  • Expert detective
  • Utilizes high-tech equipment and weapons

Taskmaster

AbilitiesGenius level intellect
Master assassin and tactician
Olympic level conditioning
Exceptional athlete
Master hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist
Master swordsman and marksman
Master archer and bowman
Photographic reflexes
Physical movement prediction
Voice mimicry
Master of disguise

Photographic reflexes combined with Physical movement prediction places Taskmaster a perfect 10/10 wins over batman.

Batman can not bring to bere against Taskmaster any of the 127 combat styles he knows .. Considering Taskmaster can physically predict Bruce's next fight pattern via his (Bruces) body movements. Thus negating the 1 thing Bruce has over MANY MANY MANY .. street level characters.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 anthp2000  Moderator

Batman will find a way to win ;)

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony stomps because the OP used Nolan Batman in the picture and he can't beat anyone

Whulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman will find a way to win ;)

How with out prep ? Against some one who has predictive fight combat style which negates your entire fighting every stuff ?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 anthp2000  Moderator
King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why was this bumped..?

Whulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why was this bumped..?

I bumped it. Because its in the rules to do so rather then make another of the same battle.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taskmaster wins...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c443c2a6994d
deactivated-5c443c2a6994d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taskmaster, comfortably. Excluding speed, Bruce has way better physicals but Tony’s superior speed, far better skill, and gear allow him to circumvent those advantages.